PDA

View Full Version : No wonder they roll the red carpet out SC

Mile High Sooner
9/21/2008, 09:13 PM
Who wouldn't like to have this schedule to the MNC...

Thu. Sep 25 @ Oregon State 9:00 PM Reser Stadium
Sat. Oct 4 Oregon @ Los Angeles Coliseum
Sat. Oct 11 Arizona State 3:00 PM Los Angeles Coliseum
Sat. Oct 18 @ Washington St 3:15 PM Martin Stadium
Sat. Oct 25 @ Arizona 3:00 PM Arizona Stadium
Sat. Nov 1 Washington 3:00 PM Los Angeles Coliseum
Sat. Nov 8 California 8:00 PM Los Angeles Coliseum
Sat. Nov 15 @ Stanford 3:00 PM Stanford Stadium
Sat. Nov 29 Notre Dame 8:00 PM Los Angeles Coliseum

Conf All
Oregon 1-0 3-1
Arizona 1-0 3-1
California 1-0 2-1
Arizona State 1-0 2-2
Stanford 1-1 2-2
Oregon State 0-1 1-2
UCLA 0-1 1-2
Washington State 0-1 1-3
Washington 0-1 0-3
Notre Dame 0-0 2-1

Just keep present in the knowledege that you cant spell SUCK with out USC...

kevpks
9/21/2008, 09:27 PM
This is why I don't get mad a pundits who use the cliche "no one can beat USC except USC." That statement is true as far as the regular season is concerned. Heck, it was true about the Trojans last year too. The Pac-10 is truly terrible this year. The whole Pacific Northwest should just stop playing football and have a latte.

sooner59
9/21/2008, 09:33 PM
Well im just going to count on USC beating USC just like last year....oh yeah, and the year before. If they don't...fine. OU will beat USC at the MNC.

JLEW1818
9/21/2008, 10:01 PM
What you think Bobby will get Mikey for Christmas if Mikey pulls the upset?

sooner59
9/21/2008, 10:11 PM
What you think Bobby will get Mikey for Christmas if Mikey pulls the upset?

If it gets Bobby into the MNC....probably whatever Mikey wants that Bobby can afford, hehe.

MojoRisen
9/21/2008, 10:31 PM
SC's schedule is extremely week, that can not help them in the long run... I just assume play them in the MNC - play the best and win!

tulsaoilerfan
9/21/2008, 11:08 PM
But, but, but, but they beat Ohio State!!! ;)

sooner59
9/21/2008, 11:17 PM
What gets me is that if you designate them teams A, B, and C....A being USC, B being OU, and C being an SEC champ, and if they all go undefeated....teams B and C have a much more impressive season given their schedule. But that will never matter, even though team A should get 3rd, USC will be 1st because they are USC. I just hope we go undefeated and play and beat USC in the title game for #8.

bri
9/21/2008, 11:24 PM
I just hope we go undefeated and can stay within 46 points of USC in the title game. It's all about baby steps, people.

sooner59
9/21/2008, 11:35 PM
So if we go undefeated and lose to USC by 45 points you will be satisfied? I know for a fact you will not. I give you the benefit of the doubt on that. I just hope that we win every game we are supposed to win (which is every game until the MNC). Then I hope that our team plays the best possible game they can play. If that means they lose, then so be it, but I just don't want to go away from any game saying we didn't play to our potential.

bri
9/21/2008, 11:41 PM
Do you really know for a fact? That infers that your opinion is fact, and that's a just never a good idea.

BoulderSooner79
9/21/2008, 11:46 PM
I just hope we go undefeated and can stay within 46 points of USC in the title game. It's all about baby steps, people.

Hey, we only lost by 36 last time, so I don't see why you set the bar so low. ;)

bri
9/21/2008, 11:52 PM
Didn't you get the memo? We were so bad, they kept scoring during the celebration.

westcoast_sooner
9/22/2008, 01:11 AM
Yeah, none of the teams on the trojans remaining schedule should give them much trouble, but you never know when a Stanford or UCLA will jump up and bite them with an inspired effort and last minute heroics.

Oregon's former starting QB is out for awhile. Cal got beaten by Maryland. UW and Wazzou both suck. ASU didn't put up much of a fight against UGA in their own building. However, strange things sometimes happen in Corvallis, and they do have to travel to Palo Alto for the Stanford game.

boomermagic
9/22/2008, 10:53 AM
So if we go undefeated and lose to USC by 45 points you will be satisfied? I know for a fact you will not. I give you the benefit of the doubt on that. I just hope that we win every game we are supposed to win (which is every game until the MNC). Then I hope that our team plays the best possible game they can play. If that means they lose, then so be it, but I just don't want to go away from any game saying we didn't play to our potential.

We have a lot of football to play and all this is very premature.. Having said that It's fun to talk about anyway.. IF OU and usc go undefeated and play in the BIG GAME, OU will win IMO.. usc does not have the offense we have and our defense is comparable to theirs I believe..
We recruit cpmparable players we have arguably a coach who is maybe as good.. It would be a dog fight.. I like our chances..

badger
9/22/2008, 10:56 AM
I would tend to agree with your assertion to the situation at hand concerning USC's cakewalk to the title game... if they hadn't lost to Oregon and Stanford last year :D

I would further agree with your assertion that winning out would lead to a title game appearance... if only we won out last year :mad:

Lots of football left, people.

SoonerJack
9/22/2008, 11:47 AM
Badger is wise in the ways of the football force.

Pay heed to his sage advice, we should.

OUTrumpet
9/22/2008, 12:25 PM
Is Oregon having open campus tryouts for quarterback yet? I know they lost their first 2 against Purdue, and they lost another against Boise...

They would be a decent team if all of their scholarship qb's hadn't had season ending injuries in the first 3 games.

But yeah, I don't see anyone knocking them off, but I didn't see anyone knocking them off the last 3 years either. And there have been several years where I've been shocked about a team that knocked us off. Lot of football to be played, a lot of things can happen.

Pay heed to her sage advice, we should.

Fixed. Badger is a chick yo.

badger
9/22/2008, 12:41 PM

Pay heed to her sage advice, we should.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Sage indeed. I really need to do more... you know, express love for my husband with every post, have an oogle-worthy picture of AD's abs, giggle about the girly things like doing nails.

:mad: Or perhaps I should just stop pretending to be a guy who loves football or something :mad:

:D

soonerlaw
9/22/2008, 01:05 PM
I'm just waiting for Mark May to start those stupid hypotheticals:
2008 USC v. 2005 USC
2008 USC v. 2001 Miami
2008 USC v. Michael Phelps
2008 USC v. 300 Spartans
etc., etc. etc.

Mile High Sooner
9/22/2008, 05:48 PM
If the level of competition in suc's opponents continues to fall, could that possibly cause a noticeable drop for them in the BCS poll? Or, even better, get the Talking Heads to start babbling about how weak the P-10 is, and it’s in need of a Conf Champ Game.

birddog
9/22/2008, 05:56 PM

Pay heed to his sage advice, we should.

you thought she was a man because she has an avatar of AD shirtless?

oh wait, it is AD, lots of man-love going around for him. i guess it could go either way? NTTAWWT.