PDA

View Full Version : Score

royalfan5
9/21/2008, 12:34 PM
So I visited a new Church this morning. They had fresh baked Body of Christ, instead of borderline styrofoam Body of Christ, which I feel is the sign of a Church that takes the little things seriously. Also, the organist played at a normal tempo, which is great.

Veritas
9/21/2008, 12:45 PM
So I visited a new Church this morning. They had fresh baked Body of Christ, instead of borderline styrofoam Body of Christ, which I feel is the sign of a Church that takes the little things seriously. Also, the organist played at a normal tempo, which is great.
Did they have real hooch for the Blood or was it grape juice?

royalfan5
9/21/2008, 12:49 PM
Did they have real hooch for the Blood or was it grape juice?
Real Hooch too, and I got a goody bag on the way out as a parting gift.

9/21/2008, 12:56 PM
Goody bag... Episcopal? Grew up Catholic and recall no goodie bag.

Real hooch was a given, though.

royalfan5
9/21/2008, 01:12 PM
Goody bag... Episcopal? Grew up Catholic and recall no goodie bag.

Real hooch was a given, though.

Lutheran. To be fair, this was the first non-Christmas Program goody bag I had ever gotten at a Lutheran Church.

lexsooner
9/21/2008, 07:06 PM

That's not uncommon for mainline Protestant churches like the Lutherans, Methodists, Presybyterians. If you go to a non-denominational megachurch, you are going to get little hard tack chips passed around in trays from row to row. I go to a United Methodist Church and they have fresh bread and real vino in the chapel for communion between services. However, when they have communion during the services, they do the little hard tack and mini-vials of grape juice, unfortunately.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/21/2008, 07:30 PM
we do the grape juice and nasty crackas...i sneak in Boonesfarm tho

Animal Mother
9/23/2008, 03:00 PM
THUNDERBIRD!!!!!

NormanPride
9/23/2008, 03:24 PM
Homemade Body of Christ and the real deal Blood of Christ are big plusses in my book. Sometimes the lady that bakes our stuff forgets or is sick, and we have to use the plastic wafers... Lots of grumbling from the congregation.

Viking Kitten
9/23/2008, 03:31 PM
Grew up attending First UMC of Enid and we had real wine during the service. I always enjoyed telling my Baptist friends to suck it.

Widescreen
9/23/2008, 03:35 PM
Our church passes out bottles of Mad Dog 20/20 before communion. One per congregant. 2 if you're a regular attender.

SoonerAtKU
9/23/2008, 04:13 PM
Our church passes out bottles of Mad Dog 20/20 before communion. One per congregant. 2 if you're preggers.

That's terrible. At a church, even.