PDA

View Full Version : OK, I Admit It, I'm One Of Those Guys...

Rogue
9/21/2008, 09:26 AM
that leaves the stadium while picking up the plastic cups.

Went to the Tennessee vs. Florida game yesterday in Knoxville.
I got 8 of 'em. :D

I have cups from OU, ND, Tenn, aTm, Neb, and Ttech.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/21/2008, 09:29 AM
After working in a stadium and seeing what all is on the ground after the game, all I have to say is that is gross. I won't even wear sandals to sporting events anymore.

sooneron
9/21/2008, 09:37 AM
My dishwasher has sani rinse. I am picky about what I pick up tho. I rarely do it anymore. This year's cup at Owen Field are crappy anywho.

crimsonclass
9/21/2008, 09:59 AM
After working in a stadium and seeing what all is on the ground after the game, all I have to say is that is gross. I won't even wear sandals to sporting events anymore.

Tell me, do you take your own eating utensils, drinking glass/cup and dinner plate with you when you go to a restaurant? If not, you do realize that the utensils, etc were used by others before you, right?

You know what is really gross, most restaurants do not even put any elbow grease into cleaning those utensils. They simply dip them in a soapy/sanitizer-soupy bath and then dip them in a water, then let them dry before they go to your table.

Grabbing souvenir cups left behind at stadiums isn't gross if you clean them properly. Soap, it is your friend.

OUHOMER
9/21/2008, 10:02 AM
My BIL has been picking up cups since they came out with the hologram cups. He will not leave until he has at least a dozen. He now has boxes of cups stacked in his garage.

he has no ideal what hes going to do with them. But he wont let them go..

Leroy Lizard
9/21/2008, 11:30 AM
I pick up the cups too if they have a little beer left in them.

badger
9/21/2008, 11:30 AM
I'm one of those people...

...that stands only if people in front of me do, not out of fandom loyality, but just to see the game (and secretly wishes that people in front would sit down)

Anything else we must confess before the football gods? Saturday is almost here, people, and I will NOT stand for another loss to TCU just because you can't admit your football sins! :mad:

proudsoonergal
9/21/2008, 11:42 AM
My BIL has been picking up cups since they came out with the hologram cups. He will not leave until he has at least a dozen. He now has boxes of cups stacked in his garage.

he has no ideal what hes going to do with them. But he wont let them go..

Sounds like me. My SO and I had a serious discussion about the plethora of cups that I've collected over the years.....pretty much every away game I've been to, plus bowl games (Tech, Oregon, Alabama, Air Force, etc, etc.) I agreed to put them in a box...he wanted to throw them out completely!

BTW, the Air Force cups are the best. I got those in 2001 when we played up there and they are still allesome.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/21/2008, 12:18 PM

...that stands only if people in front of me do, not out of fandom loyality, but just to see the game (and secretly wishes that people in front would sit down)

Anything else we must confess before the football gods? Saturday is almost here, people, and I will NOT stand for another loss to TCU just because you can't admit your football sins! :mad:

no pun intended?

badger
9/21/2008, 12:29 PM
no pun intended?

You sound like you're hiding something. What have you done during football games that you need to admit now or forever be blamed for another Horned Frog defeat? :mad:

I'll help:

When I watch football at home, I sometimes throw _____ at the _____ inch _____ screen television. I hate to admit this, but I actually drink ______ excessively to the point where I can't remember that OU won by ____ dozen points. I sometimes yell _________ at the screen when they don't come back from commercials quickly enough and miss a ___________ pass or a _______ run or coach ______ throw his ________. Actually my worst sin is when I don't attend games at all and watch them at home. My lame excuse is _________.

There you go :D Fill blanks in for homework plzkthx.

bluedogok
9/21/2008, 12:35 PM
I have the ones that I bought at games that I have been to, this year we have picked up Mets and Astros-Red Sox cups. I still use cups most of the time instead of glasses, although I tend to use the Rudy's BBQ cups more than others now, I can just throw those away when they get tea stained. I still have some OU cups from the early 80's including an 85 National Championship cup in the collection.

Frozen Sooner
9/21/2008, 12:50 PM
Tell me, do you take your own eating utensils, drinking glass/cup and dinner plate with you when you go to a restaurant? If not, you do realize that the utensils, etc were used by others before you, right?

You know what is really gross, most restaurants do not even put any elbow grease into cleaning those utensils. They simply dip them in a soapy/sanitizer-soupy bath and then dip them in a water, then let them dry before they go to your table.

Grabbing souvenir cups left behind at stadiums isn't gross if you clean them properly. Soap, it is your friend.

As someone who pearl dove extensively in high school and college, I've never seen any restaurant do what you've described. Granted, this was over a decade ago, but all utensils would be soaked in hot water, dipped in a bleach-water solution, then run through a commercial dishwasher with extremely hot water and soap.

tennsooner
9/21/2008, 01:08 PM
As someone who pearl dove extensively in high school and college, I've never seen any restaurant do what you've described. Granted, this was over a decade ago, but all utensils would be soaked in hot water, dipped in a bleach-water solution, then run through a commercial dishwasher with extremely hot water and soap.

Don't ever eat at Waffle House if you believe him to be exaggerating.:)

SelmaBamaFan
9/21/2008, 01:17 PM
I never eat at Waffle House... sober.

OU-HSV
9/21/2008, 01:18 PM
you should sell them on ebay

royalfan5
9/21/2008, 01:31 PM
Pretty much every drinking cup I own, I got from sporting events.

Rogue
9/21/2008, 01:38 PM

Anything else we must confess? :mad:

OK Baj, confession is only 1/2 the battle.
I think you should do some atonement.
10 Boomer Sooners and 10 OU Chants should prolly do the trick.

badger
9/21/2008, 01:46 PM
OK Baj, confession is only 1/2 the battle.
I think you should do some atonement.
10 Boomer Sooners and 10 OU Chants should prolly do the trick.

In that case, I have credit built up - I actually know the words to the OU Chant and actually sing along!

meoveryouxinfinity
9/21/2008, 02:12 PM
You sound like you're hiding something. What have you done during football games that you need to admit now or forever be blamed for another Horned Frog defeat? :mad:

When I watch football at home, I sometimes throw my laptop at the 133 inch (no joke! jealous?) projector/ screen television. I hate to admit this, but I actually drink soco and lime excessively to the point where I can't remember if OU won by 12 or a dozen points. I sometimes yell at BRENT VULNERABLES at the screen when they don't come back from commercials quickly enough and miss a long pass or a pat white run or coach stoops throwing his visor. Actually my worst sin is when I don't attend games at all and watch them at home. My lame excuse is being a student who can't leave for away games.

badger
9/21/2008, 03:05 PM
OU won by 12 or a dozen points.

You almost made me forego my pledge to never use spek again :)

MOAR CONFESSIONS, people! The week is young.

Confession No. 2: On the oft chance that OU loses (which fortunately does not happen often), I usually find some insignificant reason why I caused the loss and what I personally need to do before the next game to remedy that situation.

No. 3: While NP does not permit me to yell "Sooners!" at the end of the national anthem, I am yelling it inside my head extremely loud along with the rest of the crowd.

No. 4: The new horse pig costume eyes freak me the eff out and make me miss Top Dawg even more.

No. 5: I like the wave, even though I know a lot of you want it to die.

No. 6: I have snuck things into Oklahoma Memorial Stadium that are not permitted.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/21/2008, 03:22 PM

Yeah, but there isn't usually bird droppings, people urinating, people vomiting, or cups standing in a bunch of trash and debris in a kitchen at a restaurant. All things I have seen happen in a ballpark and if you think they clean those things very good after each game, think again. They people ex-cons $7 an hour to pick it up. Eating utensil at a restaurant is very different than picking up trash at a ballpark IMHO. Oh, and enjoy your drink!

StoopTroup
9/21/2008, 03:31 PM
I always leave mine behind...I always put a small hole in the side near the printing. Whoever gets it next gets a koolaid shower.

ousooners182
9/22/2008, 01:05 AM
i remember ou miami and the mizzou reg season game i prob got like 25 total from those 2 lol

oumartin
9/22/2008, 01:21 AM
I can't believe someone would gripe about standing at a darn football game. To me if you don't wanna stand get the hell out of the stadium or go sit up stairs.

people never cease to amaze me

olevetonahill
9/22/2008, 02:57 AM

Are you the dude I saw Pickin up used condoms ?
said you could warsh em out and they be good as new ?:eek:

boomermagic
9/22/2008, 11:25 AM
I pick up the cups too if they have a little beer left in them.

:eek: LOL

sjt
9/22/2008, 01:31 PM
Are you going to the Titans/Vikings game this weekend Rogue?