PDA

View Full Version : No Love For Sanchez and Tebow from CFN

PLaw
9/21/2008, 09:16 AM
Latest CFN Top 10 Player Ranking

CFN Top 10 Player Race - Week 4

Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3

The weekly race to find who the best player is this college football season.

Player of the week
LSU QB Jarrett Lee completed 11-of-22 passes for 182 yards and two touchdowns with an interception in the 26-21 win over Auburn.

1. QB Chase Daniel, Sr. Missouri
Daniel completed 36-of-43 passes for 439 yards and two touchdowns in the 42-21 win over Buffalo.

2. RB Knowshon Moreno, Soph. Georgia
Moreno ran 23 times for 149 yards and two touchdowns in the 27-10 win over Arizona State

3. QB Sam Bradford, Soph. Oklahoma
Bradford completed 18-of-21 passes for 304 yards and five touchdowns, and he ran for a score, in the 55-14 win over Washington two weeks ago. TCU is up next.

4. RB Javon Ringer, Sr. Michigan State
Ringer ran 39 times for 201 yards and two touchdowns in the 23-7 win over Notre Dame.

5. QB Max Hall, Jr. BYU
Hall completed 16-of-27 passes for 189 yards and three touchdowns in the 44-0 win over Wyoming.

6. QB Graham Harrell, Sr. Texas Tech
Harrell completed 27-of-34 passes for 322 yards and four touchdowns in the 56-14 win over UMass.

7. QB David Johnson, Sr. Tulsa
Johnson completed 24-of-39 passes for 469 yards and six touchdowns with two interceptions in the 56-14 win over New Mexico.

8. QB Colt McCoy, Jr. Texas
McCoy completed 19-of-23 passes for 329 yards and four touchdowns, and ran eight times for 83 yards and a touchdown, in the 52-10 win over Rice.

9. WR Jeremy Maclin, Soph. Missouri
Maclin caught 14 passes for 168 yards and rushed twice for 25 yards and a touchdown in the 42-21 win over Buffalo.

10. The Honorary Number Ten ... Vanderbilt FS Ryan Hamilton made six tackles, picked off three passes, taking one 79 yards for a touchdown, made a goal line tackle, and recovered a fumble in the 23-17 win over Ole Miss.

Five on the radar screen: Mark Sanchez, QB USC; Brian Johnson, QB Utah; Tim Tebow, QB Florida; Matt Grothe, QB South Florida; Todd Reesing, QB Kansas

boomersooner28
9/21/2008, 09:59 AM
Nobody from USC is gonna win the Heisman. You can count on that. With their weak Pac-10 schedule the starters will only be playing till halftime the rest of the year. Hard to put up numbers playing half of a game.

Fiatil
9/21/2008, 01:59 PM
Nobody from USC is gonna win the Heisman. You can count on that. With their weak Pac-10 schedule the starters will only be playing till halftime the rest of the year. Hard to put up numbers playing half of a game.

Except the part where Carroll will probably keep his starters in past when they should be for the express purpose of getting another Heisman winner.

badger
9/21/2008, 03:22 PM
I think tOSU and USC players should NOT win the Heisman the rest of this decade, for the sheer reason that it is other school's turns to get the recognition. Seriously, a school should not win the Heisman three times in one decade. That is laziness on the voting committee's part to just oogle at one school and overlook the stars of other teams. tOSU has history with it. Even another Florida Heisman would make me cringe.

I know OU has four Heisman winners and it might seem excessive to some, but when one school gets the top candidates over and over there is something wrong here. I would rather see Tech's Crabby get it than another USC qb or a tOSU running back. I thought it was awesome to have candidates from Mizzou, Hawaii and Arkansas last year in the mix. That should happen every year.

tulsaoilerfan
9/21/2008, 04:36 PM
Tebow doesn't deserve to be in the top 20; he didn't even hit 100 yards passing yesterday and i'm pretty sure his total output was less than 150

sooneron
9/21/2008, 04:43 PM
Except the part where Carroll will probably keep his starters in past when they should be for the express purpose of getting another Heisman winner.

Yup, he did it with Leinart.

StoopTroup
9/21/2008, 04:45 PM
I don't think 4 Heisman winners is excessive for OU...matter of fact...Josh should have been the 4th and Jason the 5th.

With Sam winning this year...we have met OUr quota. :D

SoonerInKCMO
9/21/2008, 05:03 PM
I think tOSU and USC players should NOT win the Heisman the rest of this decade, for the sheer reason that it is other school's turns to get the recognition. ... when one school gets the top candidates over and over there is something wrong here.

Yeah! Everyone should get their turn to win a Heisman! Otherwise, someone might get their feelers hurt because someone is better than them! :rolleyes:

JLEW1818
9/21/2008, 05:18 PM
If Chris Wells is anywhere near the Heisman stage, something is very wrong.

They usually do top 4

Bradford
Daniel
Dirty Sanchez
Tebow

BIG_IKE
9/22/2008, 08:42 AM
TEBOW's DUNKIN DONUTS eating self should not even be in this discussion...

At this point in the season...

He has less Rushing Yards than Colt McCoy
Less passing yards than 11 of the Big 12 QB's
Lower Efficiency Rating than 10 Big 12 QB's
Half the TD passes of 5 Big 12 QB's
less completions than Iowa States QB
less TD Runs than Texas' Backup QB, and he only has one
less yards per carry than Mossis Madu
and more sacks than 8 Big 12 QB's...

It's safe to say he would not even be 5th Team Big 12 right now..
So why is he in the discussion??? Because of last year? Because he's in the SEC? surely not because of anytyhing he has done in 2008.

sooneron
9/22/2008, 08:57 AM
TEBOW's DUNKIN DONUTS eating self should not even be in this discussion...

At this point in the season...

He has less Rushing Yards than Colt McCoy
Less passing yards than 11 of the Big 12 QB's
Lower Efficiency Rating than 10 Big 12 QB's
Half the TD passes of 5 Big 12 QB's
less completions than Iowa States QB
less TD Runs than Texas' Backup QB, and he only has one
less yards per carry than Mossis Madu
and more sacks than 8 Big 12 QB's...

It's safe to say he would not even be 5th Team Big 12 right now..
So why is he in the discussion??? Because of last year? Because he's in the SEC? surely not because of anytyhing he has done in 2008.

But he was like performing surgery in SE Asia as a missionary!!!! That's gotta count for something!!! He's just a kid!!! [hairGel]

badger
9/22/2008, 09:08 AM
Yeah! Everyone should get their turn to win a Heisman! Otherwise, someone might get their feelers hurt because someone is better than them! :rolleyes:

That is not what I said at all, but haha just the same.

I think it's oversight on the voters to just look to the same schools every time for the top player in the country. It could also be biased judging, because past winners get a vote, but more than that, it seems that the Heisman committees aren't looking hard enough if they look to tOSU and USC and Florida over and over for their finalists and winners.

If they get a new crowd like they did last year and still give it to the Florida guy, fine.