PDA

View Full Version : Week 5 College GameDay

JLEW1818
9/20/2008, 11:23 PM
Alright I don't know if it is announced already but who gets the game? Or rather, who is the most deserving. Now remember 4 teams thus far have been involved in the "GameDay" game (Alabama, Florida, Auburn, LSU) Two of those teams hosted it. (Florida, Auburn). In the end I think they will give it to Penn State. Just because ...

No. 9 Alabama at No. 3 Georgia

or

No. 22 Illinois at No. 16 Penn State

As much as I hate both conferences. I hate big 10 more.

SelmaBamaFan
9/20/2008, 11:26 PM
I would like to say Bama at UGA, but I'm a bit biased. It does seem to be the best match up next week, but ESPN does try to spread the wealth a bit.

OUthunder
9/20/2008, 11:27 PM
Who has Penn State played?

Correct answer: Nobody

JLEW1818
9/20/2008, 11:29 PM
Exactly I think they give it to Penn State not just because of spreading the wealth.

But ......... Joe

aurorasooner
9/20/2008, 11:29 PM
In the end I think they will give it to Penn State. Just because ...
Tonight, on the Todd's eats segment, at the very end, they had next week posted with a question mark (I took it to mean the restaurant), and it was Athens, Georgia. I guess they could change their mind, though.

JLEW1818
9/20/2008, 11:37 PM
I think Penn will land it somehow

PDXsooner
9/20/2008, 11:53 PM
georgia-'bama -- it's a no-brainer.

sooner59
9/21/2008, 12:07 AM
Herbstreit said tonight that he will be in Athens next weekend in the morning, then he will be flying up to State College for that night. That means he plans on doing Gameday at Athens and announcing at the Penn St. game. that night like he did today with Auburn in the morning and AZ St. at night.

JLEW1818
9/21/2008, 12:26 AM
Jeepers SEC is sure getting a lot of games.

snp
9/21/2008, 12:49 AM
Athens hasn't had a Gameday since 1998. Probably about time they got it again.

Blue
9/21/2008, 12:53 AM
Athens.

Why the SEC gets so much hype. Alot of tradition in the "NAMES" of teams. In the Big 12, century long losing teams are now good, but average to bad teams like Tennessee, Miss St. and Arkansas still garner a sublimnal respect over good teams like Kansas, Missouri, and Texas Tech.

JLEW1818
9/21/2008, 12:56 AM
I agree Bama @ Georgia is the best game. I just figured that Gameday would pus out and go to Penn

OU_Sooners75
9/21/2008, 12:58 AM
If you all think they wait the week before to decide, you are nuts. The only way they change is if the one or both of the teams do not meet their hype.

Thusfar Gameday has only been out of SEC country one time. Don't expect it to change.

It is pretty fair to say the GameDay crew is slobbering all over the *bleep* of the SEC!

JLEW1818
9/21/2008, 01:00 AM
Ya until they come to the RRS and I throw a brick at Lee Corso, anybody got my back???

OU_Sooners75
9/21/2008, 01:01 AM
Ya until they come to the RRS and I throw a brick at Lee Corso, anybody got my back???

I like corso. In every sports show, you have to have a village idiot. It add a humorous side to things.

OU_Sooners75
9/21/2008, 01:02 AM
They should be in Dallas, but for some reason I think they will be elsewhere.

JLEW1818
9/21/2008, 01:03 AM
I like Lee to, he is funny, but it would be more funny to throw something at him.......

sooner59
9/21/2008, 01:08 AM
They should be in Dallas, but for some reason I think they will be elsewhere.

Why would they be in Dallas? Alabama @ Georgia is a legit game with two top 10 teams.

JLEW1818
9/21/2008, 01:08 AM
Not the same week.... RRS is OCT 11

JLEW1818
9/21/2008, 01:09 AM
and correct me if I'm wrong. As a Whole ... if it were this week, OU and UT are ranked better than Georgia and Alabama

SelmaBamaFan
9/21/2008, 01:10 AM
... and more of a traditional rival.

Blue
9/21/2008, 01:13 AM
I like corso. In every sports show, you have to have a village idiot. It add a humorous side to things.

It would be helpful if he was funny every once in awhile and not your gay great uncle.

JLEW1818
9/21/2008, 01:20 AM
I would say that Kirk is clearly more intelligent.

Blue
9/21/2008, 01:25 AM
Kirks an Osu homer Fag.

JLEW1818
9/21/2008, 01:27 AM
Better than LEE. For example.. look at their predictions this week

http://collegegameday.com/#

Blue
9/21/2008, 01:30 AM
Dude, I sleep in to avoid that crap-tacular show.

JLEW1818
9/21/2008, 01:31 AM
Just for kicks....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVhwCzWrna0&feature=related

AllAboutThe'O'
9/21/2008, 02:30 AM
Not the same week.... RRS is OCT 11

With LSU winning tonight, you can bet that they will probably be at the Tigers' game at Florida on Oct. 11.

JLEW1818
9/21/2008, 03:07 AM
Well I guess they will just host a SEC team for the rest of the year.

JLEW1818
9/21/2008, 03:10 AM
The only gameday Guarantee for the big 12 is

Missouri @ Texas

: (

I would think

ousooners182
9/21/2008, 05:55 AM
yeah but our games the 11th

DrZaius
9/21/2008, 06:52 AM
Jeepers SEC is sure getting a lot of games.

That is because there is the SEC and then nobody else.

Lott's Bandana
9/21/2008, 10:13 AM
That is because there is the SEC and then nobody else.

suc, ND and the SEC.

SECPN just signed a contract y'all with the SEC to broadcast thousands of SEC games in football, basketball, baseball, tiddlywinks, etc., starting next year or so and lasting like 52 years.

Get used to it peeps.

ESPN, SEC Reach Unprecedented 15-Year Agreement
08/25/2008 |

Exclusive Games on ESPN, ESPN2 , ESPN on ABC and ESPNU; ESPN Regional Television New SEC Syndication Home; Men's Basketball Tournament Semis/Championship on ESPN on ABC; Comprehensive Multimedia Rights to ESPN360.com, ESPN Mobile TV and More

Listen to Today's Conference Call!
BIRMINGHAM, AL -- ESPN and the Southeastern Conference (SEC) have reached a milestone 15-year agreement beginning in 2009-10 and continuing through 2023-24, it was announced by George Bodenheimer, President, ESPN, Inc. and ABC Sports, and Mike Slive, SEC Commissioner. The landmark deal - the longest national rights agreement in ESPN history -- will result in ESPN entities (ESPN, ESPN on ABC, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN Regional Television, ESPN360.com, ESPN Mobile TV, ESPN GamePlan, ESPN FULL COURT, ESPN International, ESPN Deportes, ESPN Classic) carrying more than 5,500 SEC events - including football, men's and women's basketball, Olympic sports and SEC Championships.

SEC FUTURE TELEVISION LINKS:

SEC Future Television Info Center
Frequently Asked Questions
SEC/ESPN Conference Call Audio
CBS Sports and SEC Agree to New 15 Year Deal
CBS to Stream Entire 2008 SEC Football Schedule
ESPN has televised the SEC since 1982. All national programming will fall under the branding "SEC on ESPN." As part of the agreement:

ESPN and ESPN2 will continue to offer premier SEC games, including Saturday night and two primetime Thursday football games, triple the basketball offerings with three nights (two new) of men's basketball and present SEC Championships in women's basketball, baseball, softball and gymnastics.
ESPN Regional Television will become the new over-the-air syndication home for SEC football and basketball games. In addition, ESPN and the SEC will work together to offer multi-sport packages (including football, men's and women's basketball, Olympic sports and conference championships) of SEC content for regional cable syndication.
ESPNU will now offer exclusive SEC telecasts, including football and basketball and selected conference championships. In addition, the network will present a weekly, hour-long program on SEC sports throughout the academic year as well as sport-by-sport previews, reviews and specials.
The semifinals and championship of the SEC Men's Basketball Tournament will be televised nationally for the first time on ESPN on ABC.
All SEC championship games except football will be aired on either ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN on ABC, ESPNU or ESPN Classic.
The agreement will also showcase the academic successes of SEC student-athletes by including twice-annual programs dedicated to academic accomplishments of SEC student-athletes; an annual Campus Connection (students take part in the production) telecast at each SEC institution; a weekly segment on an SEC show featuring academics; and an online SEC Academic Network utilizing ESPN360.com technology.
Extensive coverage of women's basketball and Olympic sports will be offered nationally through ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU and regionally through ESPN Regional Television, including both regular-season and conference championships.
Comprehensive multimedia rights are also an integral part of the agreement as live SEC action, including football and basketball, will be offered via simulcasts on ESPN360.com and ESPN Mobile TV and extensive content rights have been granted to ESPN.com.
ESPN International, ESPN GamePlan, ESPN FULL COURT, ESPN Classic and ESPN Deportes will also feature the SEC.
Each SEC institution retains the right to continue a local multi-media rights package.

MORE
http://secsports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=3&url_article_id=11428&change_well_id=2

Sooner_09
9/21/2008, 10:28 AM
Gameday will almost certainly not be in Dallas on October 11 due to the fact that the game starts at 11am, the same time the show ends. I'm 70% sure they will be in Gainesville again for LSU at Florida.

Edit: Now that I look into it, I'd say 70-30 Gainesville over Madison for the Wisconsin-Penn State game

JLEW1818
9/21/2008, 10:36 AM
Looks like we are going to have to wait till Tech comes to town

UTsucks
9/21/2008, 10:46 AM
With LSU winning tonight, you can bet that they will probably be at the Tigers' game at Florida on Oct. 11.

Maybe not 12PM kick off & national TV might draw them to Dallas.

soonerpike697
9/21/2008, 10:56 AM
It's got to be Georgia Alabama. I think spreading the wealth is crap, they need to be where the best match up is. If that means they end up in Austin three weeks in a row LA I really don't care they need to be where the best competition is...

stoopified
9/21/2008, 11:02 AM
I think Penn will land it somehowPenn ? Wow that would be a first for the Quakers. :D

olevetonahill
9/21/2008, 11:07 AM
Who gives **** where they have gameday ? and Why ? :rolleyes:

bri
9/21/2008, 11:24 AM
Who gives **** where they have gameday ? and Why ? :rolleyes:

Because it shows their CLEAR ANTI-OU BIAS!!! Rawrr!! An-gerrrr!!!

JLEW1818
9/21/2008, 11:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2al4sevl9NA

funny

olevetonahill
9/21/2008, 11:38 AM
Because it shows their CLEAR ANTI-OU BIAS!!! Rawrr!! An-gerrrr!!!

I see :rolleyes: I should care where something is , Because they Dont Like OU ? Dayum I gots to get with the program :D

bri
9/21/2008, 11:43 AM
Yeah, me too I guess.

These guys' hard-on for the SEC and obsession over constantly whining about the attention they get is starting to get aggy-ish...

Lott's Bandana
9/21/2008, 12:10 PM
It's an opinion-driven sport, Bri. You know this. If your team ain't represented properly in the talk for the MNC, then the result of this can cost millions of $$$. The system sucks because SECPN has their agenda: ratings. Therefore the sickening hyperbole for suc, ND and the SEC. The BigXII has probably the fewest peeps of all the BCS conferences to drive advertiser rates. OU actually makes out better than the rest simply because of history and tradition creates interest from non-associated fans.

This is all much different than just trying to purchase respect in your own itty-bitty state.

bri
9/21/2008, 12:24 PM
I'd say you have a point, but I don't think most of these mouth-breathers can think it through that much.

And as a counter-point, I posit that the reason the teams/conferences get the attention they do isn't because of their sizeable fanbases but rather because of their even bigger bases of people who hate the living bejeezus out of them.

Oh, and also because SEC teams and USC have combined to win half of the ten BCS national championships so far. ;)

Lott's Bandana
9/23/2008, 09:42 AM
Oh, and also because SEC teams and USC have combined to win half of the ten BCS national championships so far. ;)

And OU and tOSU have played in half of them.

bri
9/23/2008, 05:03 PM
And I think the subtle distinction between "win" and "played" explains why the attention is meted out the way it is. :D

Lott's Bandana
9/23/2008, 05:08 PM
And I think the subtle distinction between "win" and "played" explains why the attention is meted out the way it is. :D

No doubt. In the NFL, the Eagles, Vikings and Broncos were all in the almost-club for many years, then Elway got it done. The Bills are the Supreme Potentate of the club now.

OU and tOSU have both won, once. But the old adage, 1,000,000 atta-boys is always spoiled by 1 aw-****. (or maybe 2)

bri
9/24/2008, 08:35 AM
Exactly. No one remembers 2000 and 2002. Don't believe me? Just ask Jimmy Eat World. :D

badger
9/24/2008, 08:55 AM
Ok, a comment on Wisconsin-Penn State...

I don't think ESPN likes coming to Madison for the simple reason of Wisconsin fandom. With the FCC, it's just not worth the risk of having the possibility of the UW fans coming up with alternative (four letter) words to common songs, chanting "Eat $#!+, F*** You" at each other, and other common Wisconsinisms. I already think they avoid broadcasting the games themselves there for that very reason.

Because of the extreme liberal bias in Mad-town, they may think that such acts are "censorship" and infringing on their freedom of speech... but alas, much like we have no control over whether the OU-Texas game starts at 11 a.m., or whether Gameday comes to Dallas or not, ESPN's the decider.

If the OU-Texas game is deemed to be one of the top games, they may move it back a few hours (but my guess is that it's too late for that, unfortunately). Of course, it'd be easy for them to still get a huge crowd for the show even with the game starting as the show's ending, because of all the people at the state fair.

The Maestro
9/24/2008, 10:06 AM
GameDay was a good hour long show. Two hours? Good Lord, they are so watered down now. They do a heart-warming piece each week on some players tragic story, they check e-mails with Desmond Howard and they make some issue about Lee putting on a mascot head that rivals a Smothers Brothers routine.

I liked this show when OU sucked...always entertaining before we got beat. Now? Eh, just get to the games and stuff.

sooneron
9/24/2008, 10:15 AM
What he ^ said. And Corso plays the village idiot to a tee.