PDA

View Full Version : TU vs New Mexico

bri
9/20/2008, 07:34 PM
It's halftime at shiny new Skelly Field at H.A. Chapman Stadium, and since work kept me from making the game I'm listening to it at home. The Mighty 'Cane are leading the Fightin' Urlachers 35-0 at the half, making Lee Corso look like the moron we know he is.

4everasooner
9/20/2008, 07:45 PM
ok i will bite. What r u talking about?

bri
9/20/2008, 07:56 PM
Well, the University of Tulsa and the University of New Mexico are playing a collegiate varsity football game right now. Tulsa has advanced the football across the New Mexico goal line five times and kicked five extra points to equal 35 points. New Mexico has not succeeded in advancing the football across Tulsa's goal line, and thus they have zero points. That was the score as of the midway break time, or "half-time" if you will.

bri
9/20/2008, 08:12 PM
National passing efficiency leader David Johnson just hit Charles Clay for a 20 yard touchdown to run Tulsa's lead to 42-0, midway through the third quarter.

Now that ECU has dropped the ball, Tulsa becomes C-USA's best chance for a BCS buster in '08...

4everasooner
9/20/2008, 08:20 PM
Well thank you for the info. My bad i should have known.

Breadburner
9/20/2008, 08:22 PM
Well, the University of Tulsa and the University of New Mexico are playing a collegiate varsity football game right now. Tulsa has advanced the football across the New Mexico goal line five times and kicked five extra points to equal 35 points. New Mexico has not succeeded in advancing the football across Tulsa's goal line, and thus they have zero points. That was the score as of the midway break time, or "half-time" if you will.

Lol...Heh...

bri
9/20/2008, 08:26 PM
New Mexico got a good kickoff return and used the short field to score a pity touchdown. 42-7, Tulsa leads after three quarters.

bri
9/20/2008, 08:35 PM
David Johnson just threw his sixth touchdown pass of the day to make it 49-7 'Cane, early 4th quarter. This is two straight games were he's thrown six touchdowns.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but uh...we can play some offense in this here state. :D

bri
9/20/2008, 08:43 PM
Now the defense has decided to get into the scoring, taking an interception back for a touchdown to make the score 56-7 in favor of Tulsa now.

Consider this renovated stadium opened. :D

aurorasooner
9/20/2008, 08:55 PM
Pig fans are going to be pizzed when Gus hangs half-a-hundred on the Arkie D in Fayetteville. 11/01/08 Tulsa at Arkansas Fayetteville, Ark.
UNLV 14 Iowa State zip 6 min left in the half.

tommieharris91
9/20/2008, 08:57 PM
Meh. ATM beat New Mexico. ;)

bri
9/20/2008, 09:00 PM
Pig fans are going to be pizzed when Gus hangs half-a-hundred on the Arkie D in Fayetteville. 11/01/08 Tulsa at Arkansas Fayetteville, Ark.

I'm looking at hitchin' a ride up to Arkiesaw with the Golden Hurricane Club for that one. This just feels like a special season, and that game can be the centerpiece of it.

It's a final now, Tulsa wins 56-14. Strike up the band!

boomrsoonr
9/20/2008, 09:29 PM
What did Corso say? I missed it.

bri
9/20/2008, 09:39 PM
He picked New Mexico to win this morning and said that they were "a better team" than Tulsa.

Not so fast, my friend. :D

boomrsoonr
9/20/2008, 09:43 PM
God I love it when Corso is wrong. Except when he picks OU to win.

Williesan
9/20/2008, 10:16 PM
David Johnson just threw his sixth touchdown pass of the day to make it 49-7 'Cane, early 4th quarter. This is two straight games were he's thrown six touchdowns.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but uh...we can play some offense in this here state. :D

Just back from the game - this score was as impressive of a throw & catch as I have seen in a while. I believe it was Clay who caught a perfectly lobbed ball by Johnson and dragged his toe in the corner of the endzone. No need to review it.

While the new stadium is nice, there's some big minuses - namely lack of circulation outside the stadium. It looked like they only had 3 gates open - all on the east side. It took me 20 minutes to make it through the gates!!! Also - don't bother getting seats in the sections on the ends of sides or end zone, especially if you are on the wrong end of the section from the aisle. (Unless you like stepping on the toes of every person on the row. :pop:)

TU looks very good - if they get by UCF and Arkansas six days apart in late October, then they have a legit shot of pulling off a surprise BCS game.

Williesan

StoopTroup
9/20/2008, 10:23 PM
The Boy and I just got back from the game.

Great plays by TU.

New Mexico isn't what they said they were or they just had a really bad night.

TU basically could pass at will.

They need to work on the run game IMO.

BudSooner
9/21/2008, 08:05 AM
I never saw the score on espn, nice job there ****heads.
Your beloved cindrella just broke her glass slipper and has to sell some more meth to get another....consider yourself ****ed East Carolina.

sooneron
9/21/2008, 08:48 AM

Of course, haven't you heard of that vaunted osu offense?

bringit
9/21/2008, 09:10 AM
how in the world did Mike Stoops lose to Lobo?

bri
9/21/2008, 11:17 AM
That's a good question. :D

badger
9/21/2008, 11:45 AM
Anybody go? How's the new stadium?

OU-HSV
9/21/2008, 11:48 AM
What was the final??

badger
9/21/2008, 11:54 AM
56-14