PDA

View Full Version : Didn't Bradfrod complete 21?

soonerfan28
9/20/2008, 04:47 PM
If I'm not mistaken didn't Bradford complete 21 straight passes last year against N. Texas? Maybe it was from the end of that game and the beginning of the Miami game, but I just read a story that said Daniel completed a Big 12 best 20 staright passes. Can somebody clarify that for me. They look real tough letting a school that should be DII score 21 and being held to 42.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282640142

Leroy Lizard
9/20/2008, 04:53 PM
22 (but over two games)

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bradford_sam00.html

soonerfan28
9/20/2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks for clarifying, so I guess by a technicality Daniel has the record.

royalfan5
9/20/2008, 05:12 PM
If I'm not mistaken didn't Bradford complete 21 straight passes last year against N. Texas? Maybe it was from the end of that game and the beginning of the Miami game, but I just read a story that said Daniel completed a Big 12 best 20 staright passes. Can somebody clarify that for me. They look real tough letting a school that should be DII score 21 and being held to 42.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282640142
Buffalo is also a much better team than you think they are. They have a pretty decent chance to go bowling this year. They are nowhere near the doormat they used to be.

Frozen Sooner
9/20/2008, 05:15 PM
Buffalo is also a much better team than you think they are. They have a pretty decent chance to go bowling this year. They are nowhere near the doormat they used to be.

You're just saying that because of Turner Gill. :D

JLEW1818
9/20/2008, 05:17 PM
I heard single game record for Missouri. But I guess its a big 12 record too.

IN the end

Bradford vs. Daniel

Bradford 2-0.

royalfan5
9/20/2008, 05:19 PM
You're just saying that because of Turner Gill. :D

No ****, sherlock. Just wait till he is the coach at Washington, he'll tear the Pac-10 up. But seriously, Buffalo is one of the better MAC teams out there, and they have Alonzo Highsmith's son.

Frozen Sooner
9/20/2008, 05:23 PM
Jeez, what's with the hostility? :D

And Turner Gill ain't coaching Washington until after Jim Mora, Jr has a shot at it.

Gill has done a really good job of turning Buffalo around from being the worst team in D-1, though.

sooner518
9/20/2008, 05:26 PM
I thought Sam had 2 stretches of 20 straight completions.

royalfan5
9/20/2008, 05:29 PM
Jeez, what's with the hostility? :D

And Turner Gill ain't coaching Washington until after Jim Mora, Jr has a shot at it.

Gill has done a really good job of turning Buffalo around from being the worst team in D-1, though.

Leave it to Washington to hire another ex-NFL ****up instead of a real live college coach. I suppose he might end up at Syracuse too. But Gill can coach, and he will get a good BCS opportunity soon. He'll probably end up being the best coach out of Osborne's tree depending on how you classify Jerry Moore. I suppose Warren Powers had an okay run at Mizzou. But you get the idea. Hell, I wanted Gill to be NU HC over Solich in 97.

Frozen Sooner
9/20/2008, 05:48 PM
Leave it to Washington to hire another ex-NFL ****up instead of a real live college coach.

Which NFL ****up did Washington hire? Don James, then Lambright (who was on James' staff, then Neuheisel (who's never coached in the pros that I know about), then Tyrone Willingham (ditto.)

Or were you just speaking in general terms?

It's tough to turn down a popular alum who has a coaching pedigree and is begging for the job. All I'm saying.

royalfan5
9/20/2008, 05:51 PM
Which NFL ****up did Washington hire? Don James, then Lambright (who was on James' staff, then Neuheisel (who's never coached in the pros that I know about), then Tyrone Willingham (ditto.)

Or were you just speaking in general terms?

It's tough to turn down a popular alum who has a coaching pedigree and is begging for the job. All I'm saying.

I'm pre-emptively reacting to the Mora Jr. hire.

OK2LA
9/20/2008, 06:29 PM
. . . and they have Alonzo Highsmith's son.

By that logic, I guess that Ryan O'Neil's son is a surprise to you . . . :rolleyes: