PDA

View Full Version : 4 Killed In S.C Plane Crash

CK Sooner
9/20/2008, 10:50 AM
COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina officials say four California residents died in the fiery Learjet crash that also critically injured former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker and celebrity DJ AM.

The Lexington County coroner said Saturday that pilot Sarah Lemmon of Anaheim Hills and co-pilot James Bland of Carlsbad died. Also killed were passengers Chris Baker, 29, of Studio City, and Charles Still, 25, of Los Angeles.

Authorities say the plane carrying six people was departing shortly before midnight Friday when air traffic controllers reporting seeing sparks. The plane headed for Van Nuys, Calif., went off a runway, through a fence and crashed on a nearby road.

Barker and DJ AM, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, were in critical condition at a burn center in Augusta, Ga.

Wow.

Jerk
9/20/2008, 06:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itDVG-v4p_8&feature=related

Big Red Ron
9/20/2008, 06:11 PM
COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina officials say four California residents died in the fiery Learjet crash that also critically injured former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker and celebrity DJ AM.

The Lexington County coroner said Saturday that pilot Sarah Lemmon of Anaheim Hills and co-pilot James Bland of Carlsbad died. Also killed were passengers Chris Baker, 29, of Studio City, and Charles Still, 25, of Los Angeles.

Authorities say the plane carrying six people was departing shortly before midnight Friday when air traffic controllers reporting seeing sparks. The plane headed for Van Nuys, Calif., went off a runway, through a fence and crashed on a nearby road.

Barker and DJ AM, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, were in critical condition at a burn center in Augusta, Ga.

Wow.Man that's crazy. I had a very dear friend die in a small plane about two years ago. They were coming back from the big race at Kentucky Downs (I'm not a horse fan). I've never been comfortable in a small plane, even jets.

Jerk
9/20/2008, 06:14 PM
q2bSko9Z2U4&feature=related

KC//CRIMSON
9/20/2008, 06:20 PM
Overrated as hell.

Hope he recovers though.....

Big Red Ron
9/20/2008, 06:22 PM
Overrated as hell.

Hope he recovers though.....Agreed, but he's a nice drummer though.

OUthunder
9/20/2008, 08:04 PM
Man that's crazy. I had a very dear friend die in a small plane about two years ago. They were coming back from the big race at Kentucky Downs (I'm not a horse fan). I've never been comfortable in a small plane, even jets.

I had a job interview in Augusta, Ga of all places. At that time, we flew out of OKC into Atlanta, then from Atlanta to Augusta in a prop plane.

I felt like a sardine and I squeezed my wife's hand so tight that I almost broke it. You feel everything in those small planes. That was like 15 years ago and I'm sure it's gotten a tad better, but I promised myself never again.

I wish that I would have been Valiumed up for that ride.

SouthCarolinaSooner
9/20/2008, 08:46 PM
It was quite a good concert, I'd never been much of a Travis Barker fan but I went with a friend and he was pretty damn good. Heard about the crash on the radio on the we home, almost surreal.

I agree with all the statements about small planes, I hardly feel comfortable in Delta connector flights to Atlanta and Charlotte, much less private prop planes.

Jerk
9/20/2008, 09:19 PM
I'm the opposite of some of you. I got my pilots license a long, long time ago. I feel 'safe' when I'm up front in the pilot's seat. But I have so much fear in a commercial jet that it makes me sick. Logically, I should feel more secure in the big jet due to the fact that they are waaay less likely to crash than a general aviation (small, private) airplane. When I'm sitting in the back of an American Airlines MD-80, I feel like I'm being herded around like a cow. When i'm at the controls of a Cessna 172, life is good.

yermom
9/20/2008, 10:16 PM
tell that to Buddy Holly ;)

i'm sure i'd feel differently if i was flying the Cessna, but JFK Jr. and John Denver probably did as well

jr4ou
9/21/2008, 08:17 AM
I don't like being in a jet for over couple of hours. short flights are good.

StoopTroup
9/21/2008, 08:35 AM
[Payne Stewart]I don't mind flying. It's relaxing[/PS]

Seriously guys...flying is safer than the ride to work...especially if your riding beayatch on the back of my bike. :D

Boomer.....
9/21/2008, 07:31 PM
Very sad. Barker was a very good drummer and seemed like a great person and dad.

LilSooner
9/21/2008, 07:40 PM
Very sad. Barker was a very good drummer and seemed like a great person and dad.

He's not dead. From what I have heard it affected his legs and lower torso. He should still be able to play drums.

colleyvillesooner
9/21/2008, 09:45 PM
if the dude from def leppard can still play...