PDA

View Full Version : Is Baylor still the doormat?

IronHorseSooner
9/19/2008, 10:23 PM
If they aren't, who is?

tommieharris91
9/19/2008, 10:24 PM
I nominate Kansas State.

badger
9/19/2008, 10:25 PM
I nominate Kansas State.

I nominate Iowa State, but second Kansas State.

Soonerus
9/19/2008, 10:25 PM
How about OSU...

IronHorseSooner
9/19/2008, 10:26 PM
How about A&M? At least Baylor's losses have came to teams who could win their respective BCS conferences!

Collier11
9/19/2008, 10:29 PM
Baylor is easily the armpit of the Big 12...Kstate is respectable still and if you hadent noticed Iowa st is playing pretty good D these days, Baylor is a flat out embarrassment.

royalfan5
9/19/2008, 10:39 PM
K-State is heading back to the dark days of the pre-Synder era. This is a program that quit to the extent that they lost 73-31 to a totally in the tank NU program last year. They are going to get torn to pieces during the conference schedule this year. Freeman and special teams might steal a couple wins, but that's about it. Just wait until Freeman is gone.

bluedogok
9/19/2008, 10:45 PM
Prince gone after this season?

royalfan5
9/19/2008, 10:49 PM

It's hard to can a dude after three years unless they are so blatantly awful that everybody agrees he has to go. K-State could fall apart to that level this year. The only Big XII coaches I can think of that got 3 years or less are Blake and Roberts at Baylor.

badger
9/19/2008, 10:59 PM

False - wins over Texas, a bowl season his first year and thus, far not a shabby start lead to more seasons. 5-7 last year was disappointing, but better than Snyder's last two seasons of four and five wins, respectively (DISrespectfully --- YOU PUT A HIT ON JASON WHITE!!! BOOOO)

If it matters (and it does to Jesse Jackson), Prince is one of only a few black head coaches in college football I-A. The others include Houston's Kevin Sumlin, Miami's Randy, Washington's Tyrone, The Croominator at Miss State... am I leaving out any?

royalfan5
9/19/2008, 11:05 PM
False - wins over Texas, a bowl season his first year and thus, far not a shabby start lead to more seasons. 5-7 last year was disappointing, but better than Snyder's last two seasons of four and five wins, respectively (DISrespectfully --- YOU PUT A HIT ON JASON WHITE!!! BOOOO)

If it matters (and it does to Jesse Jackson), Prince is one of only a few black head coaches in college football I-A. The others include Houston's Kevin Sumlin, Miami's Randy, Washington's Tyrone, The Croominator at Miss State... am I leaving out any?
Gill at Buffalo. Who will get a much better job after this year. How much does beating Texas matter if you lose 4 straight to bad teams to close out a year. Prince doesn't have the support of the fan base and isn't working for the AD that hired him. That is the recipe for a firing.

Widescreen
9/19/2008, 11:12 PM
Interesting that the established guys you listed aren't doing that well.

MojoRisen
9/19/2008, 11:22 PM
Baylor looked good tonight, the QB has some talent for sure. I think they beat Kstate.

Sooner in the Bluegrass
9/19/2008, 11:29 PM
And aTm.

goingoneight
9/20/2008, 12:04 AM
:stunned:

Piware
9/20/2008, 12:25 AM
Baylor looked good tonight, the QB has some talent for sure. I think they beat Kstate.

The Baylor QB is certainly talented - another Vince Young clone according to the talking heads. Unfortunately, several conference teams will cut him to ribbons.

IMHO, he looks like a major injury looking for a place to happen. He doesn't make his reads well yet and hesitates before he decides to run - the big boys won't let him get away with that. I too think they will beat Kansas State.

Blue
9/20/2008, 01:23 AM

What the heck are you talking about? Good Lord. :D

Flagstaffsooner
9/20/2008, 04:22 AM
When I step in dog poo I wipe my shoes on an oSu doormat. Nuff said.

OU_Sooners75
9/20/2008, 04:25 AM
Right now in the South....

1. OU
2. Texass
3. Texas Tech
4. Baylor
5. OSU
6. A&M

BoydOU1
9/20/2008, 04:47 AM
Right now in the South....

1. OU
2. texass
3. texas Tech
4. Baylor
5. OSU
6. A&MFixed

Nevar caps on texass.

hgarmorer
9/20/2008, 06:46 AM
He doesn't make his reads well yet and hesitates before he decides to run..
-------------------------
That's what happens when you have a Freshman at Q...yeah nevermind

lol

Charla
9/20/2008, 07:22 AM

I agree

stoopified
9/20/2008, 10:23 AM
I think Baylor comes out of the cellar to replaced by aTm or KSU.

bluedogok
9/20/2008, 10:26 AM
It shouldn't matter and if it did then OU should never have fired Blake :rolleyes:
Performance is what matter, I don't think Prince has performed as well as the fairly new K-State fans would like....but he isn't near as bad as Greg Robinson at Syracuse.

JLEW1818
9/20/2008, 10:28 AM
I think Baylor is still the worse. When was their last conference win???

badger
9/20/2008, 10:35 AM
Gill at Buffalo. Who will get a much better job after this year. How much does beating Texas matter if you lose 4 straight to bad teams to close out a year. Prince doesn't have the support of the fan base and isn't working for the AD that hired him. That is the recipe for a firing.

That is true, I didn't think about the AD thing. I don't think Prince will have an awful awful year this year (remember, the north schedule is easier than the south) and have the chance to make one of the last BCS bowl games. Here is the rest of their schedule:

Sat, Sep 27 Louisiana-Lafayette Manhattan, Kan.
Sat, Oct 04 Texas Tech * Manhattan, Kan.
Sat, Oct 11 Texas A&M * at College Station, Texas
Sat, Oct 18 Colorado * at Boulder, Colo.
Sat, Oct 25 Oklahoma * Manhattan, Kan.
Sat, Nov 01 Kansas * at Lawrence, Kan.
Sat, Nov 08 Missouri * at Columbia, Mo.
Sat, Nov 15 Nebraska * Manhattan, Kan.
Sat, Nov 22 Iowa State * Manhattan, Kan.

I bolded the games they have to (and should) win to get to 6-6, the magic number of bowl eligibility. If they pull those games off (and they should have a chance to), they go bowling. They also might have a remote chance at Colorado and Kansas, but I doubt it.

7-6 and 5-7 aren't terrible showings for the first few seasons of a coaching transition (awful by OU standards, yes, but not by K-State standards). A winning or bowl eligible record should save him this season at least.

royalfan5
9/20/2008, 10:47 AM
Nebraska will beat K-State in Manhattan and do it handily. Prince got outcoached by Callahan twice. Think about that. ISU will have a good chance at taking out KSU especially if they are beaten down by that part of the year.

soonerinabilene
9/20/2008, 12:19 PM
It shouldn't matter and if it did then OU should never have fired Blake :rolleyes:
Performance is what matter, I don't think Prince has performed as well as the fairly new K-State fans would like....but he isn't near as bad as Greg Robinson at Syracuse.

Geez, did you see that piece on Syracuse this morning on gameday? Robinson should quit. When EVERY person on that interview pretty much implies that you suck *** at coaching and need to leave, thats pretty bad.

bluedogok
9/20/2008, 05:32 PM
Yeah...that was pretty bad....I think that is how most of the fans of the NFL teams that he was the defensive coordinator on felt as well. I know as a Broncos (and somewhat Chiefs fan) that I pretty much felt that way watching his defenses. He got that job because of being Co-Defensive Coordinator at Texas in 2004, which means he got the job because of Dick Tomey...and Radio.

Collier11
9/20/2008, 06:15 PM
Baylor, A&M, Iowa st and Kstate are pretty bad...everybody else should make a bowl game

Much to the liking of sicem I will say now that Baylor is probably better than 2 of those teams

SouthCarolinaSooner
9/20/2008, 08:40 PM
Texas A&M

CORNholio
9/20/2008, 09:27 PM
Anybody think it is unreal that the UConn fans are gloating about thier nail-biter with the vaunted Baylor Bears. Talk about clueless. On the ESPN boards they claim that the Big 12 was exposed because the Big East #2 team won by 3 at home versus the mathletes of Baylor.

CORNholio
9/20/2008, 09:30 PM
Baylor, A&M, Iowa st and Kstate are pretty bad...everybody else should make a bowl game

Much to the liking of sicem I will say now that Baylor is probably better than 2 of those teams

While Baylor is still an eternal laughing stock of fail, Baylor might take a year off and let A&M steal the crown for most pathetic this year.

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2008, 03:32 AM
I'm going to save some of your comments for posterity when we beat you in a couple of weeks.

Blue
9/21/2008, 03:51 AM
I'm going to save some of your comments for posterity when we beat you in a couple of weeks.

The thing is, if you want to get negged into Bolivia, say something like that. :D

You're not THAT well liked.

XingTheRubicon
9/21/2008, 08:56 AM
Callahan didn't "out-coach" anyone.

He and Nebraska just happened to suck less 4 or 5 Saturdays a year.

royalfan5
9/21/2008, 10:08 AM
Callahan didn't "out-coach" anyone.

He and Nebraska just happened to suck less 4 or 5 Saturdays a year.

He did Prince. And that's why he won't be at K-State much longer.

BIG_IKE
9/21/2008, 10:26 AM
I personally think BAYLOR > ISU, KSU & aTm

Collier11
9/21/2008, 10:30 AM

You do realize that Baylor is something like 0-20 against OU all time, that new qb makes you guys more competitive but you need to worry about winning a conf game before you start messin with the big boys

badger
9/21/2008, 10:56 AM

Sic Em - it's football season. Don't you think you should switch your avatar back to something that declares your Baylor allegiance more?

(you aren't trying to hide it, are you?)

Besides, we are not denying that you are better than you usually are (haven't I already pointed out that you have more wins than Aggie?). It is just that Baylor... how to say... still has much ground to cover. Most (seven) of Big 12 teams are undefeated in non-conference play right now. Two of those (MU and CU) beat their ranked opponent. Only one other (KU) lost to theirs.

As such, Baylor, in order to catch up to the rest of the conference, must conform to either situation:

1- Beat the non-conference foes, all of them, regardless of ranking, or

2- Schedule a non-conference schedule that guarantees winning them all.

Of course, A&M's tried No. 2 before and failed :D:D:D but hey, we're now living under the assumption that you are better than A&M.

Soonerfan88
9/21/2008, 09:26 PM
Baylor should win against aTm and Iowa St this year. And if they were playing osu in Waco, think they might even have a chance at the pokes with a little luck and improvement on defense.

westcoast_sooner
9/22/2008, 12:53 AM
Remains to be seen how Baylor, KSU, A&M, OSU and ISU will end up. There is a lot of suckitude waiting to happen. I think Baylor and A&M will continue to struggle this year, first year coach thing. ISU and KSU will not be good - may be good enough to get bowl eligible, but shouldn't be much challenge for everyone's favorite in the North, although who wouldn't love for one of them to pull an upset? OSU? Well, I'm thinking that by mid-season T Boone's plan might include a buyout of Gundy in the budget.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/22/2008, 08:18 AM
Why would anyone call Baylor an embarrassment? They've played us tough and have looked good this year.

They used to look like a high school team. They are finally coming along. Evey conf has a team that sits on the bottom, but Baylor has fought.

bcgvh
9/22/2008, 08:55 AM
I don't know what some of you guys are talking about, but as of right now Baylor is NOT the worst team in the conference, I gotta nominate Texas A&M easily as of now.

BIG_IKE
9/22/2008, 09:14 AM
I don't know what some of you guys are talking about, but as of right now Baylor is NOT the worst team in the conference, I gotta nominate Texas A&M easily as of now.

Yeah....
A quick fix for A&M would be to rehire R.C. Slocum and put Japorky back into the offense.

badger
9/22/2008, 09:14 AM

We started this discussion before Saturday's A&M meltdown (in fact, I think it started shortly after Baylor's loss to UConn on the road), so that's what these people are talking about, methinks.

Right now, A&M is definitely the lowest ranked team in the conference with the worst record in the conference and when aTm fans start calling the non-conference season the "exhibition season" (I believe Fran used that word last year, yes THAT Fran) you know the situation is baaad.

Army, whom I think is their next opponent, right now is 0-3 if I am not mistaken. If they lose to Army, what will Ol' Army do? Create new words to "Fightin' Texas Aggie War Hymn?"

Goodbye, donations to this university,
So long to funding this travesty...

MiccoMacey
9/22/2008, 09:22 AM
I hope the Army people tell the A&M people to knock off the phony Army stuff and stick to their widely-recognized ROTC program.

Let all those other wanna-be Army types go play somewhere else. They are making a proud institution look silly.

badger
9/22/2008, 09:34 AM
I hope the Army people tell the A&M people to knock off the phony Army stuff and stick to their widely-recognized ROTC program.

Let all those other wanna-be Army types go play somewhere else. They are making a proud institution look silly.

I think they're proud of looking silly.

:les: I mean seriously! A statue of a guy that never played a down of football on the field! A dog as a five star general! White jumpsuited male cheerleaders! SQUEEZING, people! [hairGel]

MiccoMacey
9/22/2008, 09:36 AM
Hey...whatever gives them self-esteem. ;)

sooneron
9/22/2008, 09:42 AM
Baylor is definitely better, but Griffin may not finish the season with the way he gets hit and his size. They shouldn't have been that close to UConn in the first place, there were some uber ****ty calls that went BU's way.

Right now?
Baylor > isu, atm and MAYBE ksu

Mac94
9/22/2008, 09:42 AM
Hey, if it's us (Texas A&M) we'll get to "earn it" on the field. We play Kansas State on Oct. 11th, @ Iowa St. on Oct. 25th, and @ Baylor on Nov. 15th.

Baylor gets Iowa St on Oct. 11th but avoids KSU and the Wildcats will play Iowa St. at home on Nov. 22nd.

Let the tournament begin! ;)

MRNOTDUCKS
9/22/2008, 09:43 AM
From what I have seen of both teams, Baylor is *easily* better than us. This is going to be a tough year.

badger
9/22/2008, 09:44 AM
So, resident Aggies... do you uncover? :D

Mac94
9/22/2008, 09:49 AM
So, resident Aggies... do you uncover?

Hey now, what have you heard? You been talking to my wife or something ... it's all lies! Lies I tell you! Wait a minute, what was the question, again? ;)

badger
9/22/2008, 10:00 AM
Hey now, what have you heard? You been talking to my wife or something ... it's all lies! Lies I tell you! Wait a minute, what was the question, again? ;)

I've read your message board during sad times when I need a good laugh. The night of the OU-Chatty game (I was stuck in Minny at a wedding - terribly disorganized, left early in irritation), TexAgs.com was in meltdown mode. The complaint? "Uncover Nazis." Everyone was so up in arms over people who wore hats, or the "Uncover Nazis" who yelled at people continuously to remove their hats.

Now your board has come to the rescue once again this morning - you all are complaining about Johnny Jolly saying his high school's name instead of Texas A&M during player introductions. I must admit - I raised my eyebrow a tad when it happened (anyone at OU would remember that Jolly went to A&M, not like I'm following his career or anything), but didn't think about it again.

However, your board has continued its full-out meltdown mode over this. He's a traitor, he's a d00shebag, we never liked him anyways, he's classless, he's honoring his hometown after Ike?...NO! He's not helping our program when it needs national attention!

So anyways, lol @ you guys :D If anyone ever feels bad about something, just venture on over to TexAgs.com. The panties over there are permanently in a knot.

Mac94
9/22/2008, 10:03 AM
Oh, I know what "uncover" means ... just being a bit silly. And, yes, back in the day, I did "uncover" during yells, the Spirit, and the War Hymn. But, to me, it ain't a big deal if someone does or doesn't ... except for the National Anthem ... hate it when guys won't take off the cap for the National Anthem.

MRNOTDUCKS
9/22/2008, 10:39 AM
the days when I was at A&M — the years where I'm trying to remember if I ever went to a home game and we lost — yeah, the uncover thing was big.

I'm definitely not an uncover nazi, but these people saying it was never done are being revisionist. It was done the four years I was there in the early and mid-90s.

The whole tradition thing is cool until people take it too seriously.

But back to the Aggies being terrible. It has taken these past few years to realize that I was incredibly spoiled when I was in college. We just expected the Ags to win because they rarely lost. If you go into Kyle Field with that expectation these days, you are just bound to be disappointed.

What is frustrating is that there is no black and white answer -- no one thing you can do to correct it. There are just shades of gray, with different people believing they know what is wrong but few are in agreement to what that is.

I can be patient, but I need to see some signs of improvement.

badger
9/22/2008, 10:54 AM
I can be patient, but I need to see some signs of improvement.

Signs of improvement, eh? Well, let's see...

Baylor: Awesome exciting QB, a sorta winning record (2-2 counts as winning under Baylor math), new coach and excitement in fanbase.

Iowa State: Also 2-2, but no Cy-Hawk trophy. Easier conference schedule this year with this the likes of Baylor, OSU and A&M, so fanbase optimism is there.

OSU: Back-to-back bowl wins and a new stadium and other new athletic facilities. Renewed optimism and excitement in the fanbase from a 4-0 start.

Ok... so those are the recent doormats with signs of improvement. Now, the 2008 doormat nominees...

Kansas State: A cupcake schedule that accidentally included a sort-of ok team (Louisville) leads to a rare non-conference loss. Hiring Ron Prince will win you Jesse Jackson as a fan, but a losing record last season willl not win you other fans. Abysmal outlook on conference schedule that does not include usual upset alert Texas, but write-em-off games to OU and Tech.

A&M: A 3-0, 2-1 at worst starting schedule begins at 1-2 instead, including a Bottom-10-worthy loss to Arkansas State. An overly expectant Aggie fanbase now cringes at the thought of losing to winless Army next week and the thought of going winless at home the rest of the season. Johnny Jolly snub and Uncover Nazis lead to further pessimism among the 12th Man.

MRNOTDUCKS
9/22/2008, 11:27 AM
A&M: A 3-0, 2-1 at worst starting schedule begins at 1-2 instead, including a Bottom-10-worthy loss to Arkansas State. An overly expectant Aggie fanbase now cringes at the thought of losing to winless Army next week and the thought of going winless at home the rest of the season. Johnny Jolly snub and Uncover Nazis lead to further pessimism among the 12th Man.

I take exception to being called overly expectant. Did I expect to beat Arkansas State? Of course. But I was not expecting a bowl game appearance going into this season. My attitude was firmly within the "prove it to me" realm. I wasn't drinking any koolaid and didn't hear much hype, either. I realized this is Sherman's first year and was not expecting a miraculous turn around, but I didn't think I would be put into a situation where I couldn't chalk up a "W" against Army.

JLEW1818
9/22/2008, 11:30 AM
That Baylor QB is going to upset somebody, if he plays defense too.

badger
9/22/2008, 11:35 AM
I take exception to being called overly expectant. Did I expect to beat Arkansas State? Of course. But I was not expecting a bowl game appearance going into this season. My attitude was firmly within the "prove it to me" realm. I wasn't drinking any koolaid and didn't hear much hype, either. I realized this is Sherman's first year and was not expecting a miraculous turn around, but I didn't think I would be put into a situation where I couldn't chalk up a "W" against Army.

I'm not saying YOU are overly expectant... after all, you are actually posing here!

But... don't you think a few of your colleagues expected you all to be undefeated and competing for the Big 12 right away under Sherm this year? :)

JLEW1818
9/22/2008, 11:36 AM
Dang sucks to be an Aggie.

Mac94
9/22/2008, 11:45 AM
Dang sucks to be an Aggie.

Nope, no problem being an Aggie. It's been hard football wise, but it never "sucks" to be from a particular school. I doubt true Sooners thought it "sucked" to be a Sooner back in the mid 1990's. The football was painful, but there is still pride in the school and all that goes with it.

GrapevineSooner
9/22/2008, 11:47 AM
I haven't even looked at the first three pages of this thread. I'm guessing A&M's gotten plenty of votes.

Mark one more down for me.

And if Norm Hitzges thinks Mizzou is better than OU, then he needs to hang up the mic.

badger
9/22/2008, 11:51 AM
Nope, no problem being an Aggie. It's been hard football wise, but it never "sucks" to be from a particular school. I doubt true Sooners thought it "sucked" to be a Sooner back in the mid 1990's. The football was painful, but there is still pride in the school and all that goes with it.

I'd say you guys made the basketball school transition quite nicely, even if you lost your coach to Kentucky (happy thoughts at him not doing as well as thought there?).

SOONERKAT
9/22/2008, 12:04 PM
One of the resident Ags here in the office had an extra ticket to this weeks game, and since it was Miami, I figured I would go and check it out. I've been to Kyle before and still maintain that there are few gameday sites that rival. Where everyone may have their opinions of atm tradition, the flyover, the standing/ swaying of the students, and the general experience is a site to behold.

All of that said, the ags are bad. Really very bad. Miami ran through the atm defense with ease. Missed tackles and assignments everywhere. The offense is not much better, which is really sad in that Goodson and Fuller (yes, that Fuller) are studs. The overall feeling amongst the fans was that where they understand Sherman is in his first year, it's going to be a really bad year and may hurt his ability to recruit. I don't know if this will be the case, but based on what I saw Saturday, they will probably finish at or near the bottom this year.

Collier11
9/22/2008, 06:04 PM

NO what sucks is having a fake military who takes orders from Lassie :D

Mac94
9/23/2008, 08:40 AM
Hey now, don't dis Lassie, how many times did that dog save poor Timmy from some pine box PJ's? ;)

badger
9/23/2008, 11:19 AM
Hey now, don't dis Lassie, how many times did that dog save poor Timmy from some pine box PJ's? ;)

http://bp1.blogger.com/_C7Ojr4OIXWQ/SCBVo8MAhSI/AAAAAAAAANM/zTLU67P2vSI/s200/Over9000_small.jpg

OUmillenium
9/23/2008, 12:38 PM
Texas A&M is the worst so far.

Let's remind local aggs that Texas A&M was good in the Big 12 only when OU was pathetic. Nate Hybl struggled at A&M in 2002 but many of Stoops games with the Ags have been blowouts.

Sort of like Nebraska winning national titles only after OU got rid of Switzer and became less than mediocre.

Mac94
9/23/2008, 01:58 PM
Let's remind local aggs that Texas A&M was good in the Big 12 only when OU was pathetic.

Yup, 1999 was kind of a changing of the guard. Stoops was in his first year and A&M came into the season ranked in the top 10. We struggled a bit and Stoops lit a fire under OU for a decent first season highlighted by OU's 51-6 win over the Aggies in Norman. The rest is history.

Nate Hybl struggled at A&M in 2002 but many of Stoops games with the Ags have been blowouts.

They have been (outside of 2005) in Norman. Not, though, in College Station:

2000 OU 35, A&M 31
2002 A&M 30, OU 26
2004 OU 42, A&M 35
2006 OU 17, A&M 16

Oklahoma's won, but they haven't been easy. That said, based on early results, Oklahoma should paste this years Aggie squad pretty good.

badger
9/23/2008, 03:42 PM
Oklahoma's won, but they haven't been easy. That said, based on early results, Oklahoma should paste this years Aggie squad pretty good.

I kind of attribute that to Bob running a lot in Aggieland (not that I blame him - I'd want to "GET! The HELL! Outta Aaaaaa and Mmmm!" too with a win regardless of the score).

Fran face should have won at least one of those times. He faked a punt and a field goal for touchdowns, much to aggie delite one year. Then, he either lost his gumption or his brain.

EstablishedSooner1967
9/23/2008, 04:43 PM
A&M might have something to say about this when they get beat by Baylor at Baylor this year.

BlondeSoonerGirl
9/23/2008, 04:58 PM

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/9/23/128666806177028318.jpg

columbuscreek
9/24/2008, 11:01 PM
No they aren't. If you haven't been following Robert Griffin at Baylor then you might be in for a big surprise. That kid is the real deal and it is going to suck playing against him for the next four years.

Cam
9/25/2008, 09:06 PM
He did Prince. And that's why he won't be at K-State much longer.

I don't know if you missed it or not, but Prince just got a contract extension with a huge buyout. I doubt he's going anywhere for at least thru next season.

bluedogok
9/25/2008, 09:15 PM
As we all know with coaches contracts most aren't worth the paper they are written on when it comes to firing one....a buyout can pretty much always be negotiated.

Cam
9/25/2008, 09:20 PM
If I remember right, it was a pretty big buyout. Especially for somebody who's done nothing. There was some really strange qualifiers in the contract as well. I think one of them was they stipulations would be null and void if the current Pres left the school. My K-State buddies were shocked when it was announced.

royalfan5
9/25/2008, 09:29 PM
I don't know if you missed it or not, but Prince just got a contract extension with a huge buyout. I doubt he's going anywhere for at least thru next season.

Do you know who got contract extensions with big buyouts last year? Steve Pederson and Bill Callahan. Prince's buyout is capped at 1.2 million. That ain't **** in the realm of college sports.

Cam
9/26/2008, 09:12 PM
Do you know who got contract extensions with big buyouts last year? Steve Pederson and Bill Callahan. Prince's buyout is capped at 1.2 million. That ain't **** in the realm of college sports.

The expectations at K-State are just a wee bit lower than what they are at Nebbish. Regardless of what their fan base thinks, they aren't Nebraska and their Administration knows it.

Next year he'll have a ton of Seniors, if he can't be at least half way decent in 09, he'll get the boot IMO.