PDA

View Full Version : That tears it!

Okla-homey
9/19/2008, 06:17 PM
My alma mater has offically become a puss-a-torium. Officially

Naps! For flippin' 18 y/o's!

Victor Charles don't cease fire for no naptime. Achmed don't either. This is just the latest in a long string of liberal measures destroying the value of an education from that place that started when they let that chick in who only lasted a week.

Those bastages better never ask me for another dime.:mad:

Now, its time for drunky and lighting a candle for a time when The Citadel was a crucible that produced men who dealt with adversity without crying, managed their time, and were a band of brothers.

Citadel will allow cadets to take naps

The Associated Press

CHARLESTON, S.C. --Citadel cadets are now a bit more like other college students and can take naps during their free time.

Commandant of Cadets Greg Stone says an internal review found cadets need more chance to rest, especially freshmen, who must adjust to a grueling military training program and challenging academics. The military college changed a policy that prohibited cadets from sleeping during their free time.

The Post and Courier of Charleston reports the new policy also allows cadets who want to go to bed early to avoid the 11 p.m. knock at the door to make sure they're in their rooms.

Cadets can place a red card on their door indicating they don't want to be disturbed.

Stone said the idea is to make sure cadets get seven uninterrupted hours of sleep each night.

Unlike other college students, cadets at the state military college adhere to a 24-hour schedule, taking classes, studying and participating in military drills, he added.

The chairman of The Citadel's Faculty Council, Bill Woolsey, thinks it's a change for the better.

"It's a long-standing concern of the faculty that cadets don't have enough time to sleep," he said.

Senior cadet Alexander Johnson, said the change will help freshmen, called knobs, because of their close-cropped haircuts. Johnson said he gets enough sleep, between five and seven hours each night.

Cadet William Nall, also a senior, said cadets must learn to manage their time.

"If I need to stay up, I'm going to do that. If I don't get eight hours of sleep every night, my world isn't going to come crashing down," he said.

Information from: The Post and Courier, http://www.charleston.net

KC//CRIMSON
9/19/2008, 06:20 PM
Siesta for everyone!

Scott D
9/19/2008, 06:26 PM
someone sounds cranky...citadel..then army stepchild...says a lot ;)

Frozen Sooner
9/19/2008, 06:28 PM
Well, be fair.

It can take a lot out of you to engage in a treasonous attack on Union seamen. They may really need the rest.

KC//CRIMSON
9/19/2008, 06:36 PM
Back in my day, we couldn't afford shoes, so we went barefoot. In the winter we had to wrap our feet with barbed wire for traction!

LoyalFan
9/20/2008, 01:11 AM
The Lords of Discipline? Nappies?
Wot's next? Milk and Cookies?
Homey, I feel your pain.
Stand your ground!
LF

fadada1
9/20/2008, 06:03 AM
if you don't like the idea of discipline, don't go to the citadel. if it's too hard, quit and go next door to clemson. sounds pretty easy to me.

keep your head up homey.

Scott D
9/20/2008, 08:09 AM
homey's taking a nap fada. ;)

Widescreen
9/20/2008, 11:30 AM
If it's their free time, I would think they could do whatever they want (within reason and legality). I think Homey's just mad that he never got to take naps and now they can. ;)

sooneron
9/20/2008, 10:43 PM
The thought of a Do Not Disturb sign on a door where two dudes are bunking makes me tsk.

Animal Mother
9/23/2008, 04:05 PM
The thought of a Do Not Disturb sign on a door where two dudes are bunking makes me tsk.

They're in there watching the LOGO channel.

Okla-homey
9/23/2008, 04:21 PM
They put locks on the barracks room doors five years ago and I thought that was a mistake too. The whole, "you can leave your wallet on your desk in your room and it will be safe because your brother won't steal" thing kinda went up in flames at that point.

Scott D
9/23/2008, 04:22 PM
It probably went up in flames before that point.