PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Question - Interview

cheezyq
9/19/2008, 08:43 AM
I have a question that will sound unusual at first, but there's a meaning behind it. Perhaps any KC sports radio listeners can answer, too.

Who were the OU assistant coaches under That Old Drunk?

I was listening to KC radio on Tuesday or Wednesday on 810 AM and there was a segment about the KSU/Louisville game. The segment featured someone (either media or coach, I couldn't remember) from the Louisville area who used to be an assistant of some sort for OU during That Old Drunk's one year tenure.

He made some seriously bad statements about the OU program and its fans during that time. He made accusations of rampant NCAA violations, fans trying to fight him at the grocery store, etc.

Anyway, I just want to know so I can beat him up....just kidding. :) I have my own thoughts about his comments, and I believe he was exaggerating (as most people do when they hate, or are bad at, their job). There may be some truth to his statements, it's just that he obviously has a bias against OU due to the failed experiment with That Old Drunk.

Anyway, back to the question - I think they said his name was Greg (or Craig) Swayback? They said it too fast for me to understand. Any KC 810 listeners out there who heard the interview?

Jason White's Third Knee
9/19/2008, 08:50 AM
Youd' thnk that if the guy was a coach, he'd be responsible for some of the NCAA violations that he's talking about. Isn't that what he's there for? If he knows that they are going on, shouldn't he stop it?*

*excemptions include usc, fsu, miami, anywhere Rick Nuheisel is, etc.

OUDoc
9/19/2008, 09:21 AM
Gary Nord was with him at the time. Wasn't he the one that ended up making comments about our dental hygiene?

I don't think any of the "fired after 1 year" coaches were really happy with OU.

cheezyq
9/19/2008, 09:26 AM
Gary Nord was with him at the time. Wasn't he the one that ended up making comments about our dental hygiene?

I don't think any of the "fired after 1 year" coaches were really happy with OU.

Gary Nord...that might be him. He's from Louisville and is an OC for That Old Drunk. That would make sense.

http://fausports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/nord_gary00.html

Blitzkrieg
9/19/2008, 09:26 AM
Nord

Jason White's Third Knee
9/19/2008, 09:31 AM
Nord

http://www.vintagesynth.com/clavia/nord2.jpg

cheezyq
9/19/2008, 09:52 AM
Youd' thnk that if the guy was a coach, he'd be responsible for some of the NCAA violations that he's talking about. Isn't that what he's there for? If he knows that they are going on, shouldn't he stop it?*

*excemptions include usc, fsu, miami, anywhere Rick Nuheisel is, etc.

I agree, but he claimed the orders came directly from the prez.

IronHorseSooner
9/19/2008, 10:06 AM
He also used to coach at UTEP, and when he was there Bob and Co. pwned him on a couple of occasions (one of which was in the 2000 NC season). I would bet it was Nord who made those statements. He had the propensity to insert his foot in his mouth a good bit.