PDA

View Full Version : WV fans gnashing teeth . . . I love it!

Jacie
9/19/2008, 06:01 AM
Choice tidbits from a WVU board:

errsfanalways
Post #5897
Pittsburgh Pa
Get used to being where we were in the Cignetti days....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
took a long time to get in the limelight but a very short time to get with the Cuses and Temples of the football world....The future looks bleak due to our new coaches running this team ....i sure was wrong thinking that we had the best coaches in the nation ....i guess i'm now officially off the band wagon as many others .

WVUDisciples
Post #461
Definitely played NOT TO LOSE

Just try to win at the end of regulation. I know some would worry about CU getting the ball back ... but on third down we should have called timeout with 22 seconds left and put a good play on there. It's like we were playing for OT when we've got the ball at midfield with a kicker that can blast it from 60 yards.

It was Nehlen ball but Worse ... much much worse.

In 20+ years of Nehlen, I never saw a more bonehead coaching job. Nehlen often choked in tight games ... but this was a whole other level.

gbpyles94
Post #630
Re: Considering we suck **

. . . please dont say we suck, these players are trying, I mean they almost won a game with absolutely no coaching,its not these young mens fault that the men responsible for putting together an offensive gameplan could not find the ocean if you put them on the beach.

Kinzua Kid
Post #283
I guess the 3 games this year show why Stu has been a career .....

ASSISTANT COACH. I think he makes a good position coach but as far as giving him the head postion what was Pastilong and Garrison thinking? Do you think Pat White is second guessing his post game Fiesta Bowl comments?

SoonerStormchaser
9/19/2008, 06:32 AM
I love it! ****ers!

KingBarry
9/19/2008, 07:17 AM
I guess beating Oklahoma in a BCS is getting to be old hat. It just doesn`t earn you much love from the fans.

RiddlerOK
9/19/2008, 07:51 AM
They gave new meaning to the word fickle. ;)

birddog
9/19/2008, 08:14 AM
doesn't do much for me. i don't hate every team that beats us. i hate teams based on them beating us AND being brown eyes as a fanbase.

seems like alot of you hold alot of grudges.

Soonermagik
9/19/2008, 08:18 AM
I don't hold a grudge against WV, because we had 5 of our best players out.

Anyways, I was rooting for Colorado since we play them and they are a big 12 school.

bstuff1979
9/19/2008, 08:32 AM
Not to bring up what would seem to be an obvious question, but West Virginia fans have teeth? (yeah, still holding on to that grudge. only solid moment of that game was when Dingle and Berry sat next to each other on the wv bench)

Jason White's Third Knee
9/19/2008, 08:46 AM
I have no problem with WV at all. They have always been a fair program with decent fans.

Colorado, on the other hand, has the worst fans in football. I wish them nothing but failure.

It all started when the Schooner tipped over on our field and the bufs were on the sidelines yuckin' it up. Meanwhile, a woman riding the Schooner lay injured.

Their fans are just as bad. They go to football games to show the world how inventively stupid that they can be. You'd think that they'd have better weed in Boulder.

Colorado can suck it.

stoopified
9/19/2008, 09:14 AM
Serves them right,they made a pact with Satan in exchange for the Fiesta Bowl win.Now payment is due and WV is going straight to Hell. :D

My Opinion Matters
9/19/2008, 10:25 AM
So we're living vicariously through CU now?

soonerhubs
9/19/2008, 10:32 AM
I'm not. In fact I found it pathetic to see the moron fans storming the field like they'd just the Super Bowl or something.

--sidenote-- I did enjoy the game though. :D

badger
9/19/2008, 10:35 AM
doesn't do much for me. i don't hate every team that beats us. i hate teams based on them beating us AND being brown eyes as a fanbase.

I was giggling at the game, but on behalf of the Big 12 conference and the fact that they anointed Stewart the next Rich Roddy after one game at the helm (cue sorrow: Why oh why did we not get the butt ugly fiesta bowl trophy?! WHY?!?!). It wasn't just the announcers questioning the play calling, it was everyone at home regardless of football expertise wondering what the heeeell was going on out there on West Virginia's offense (with a few "huh?" comments directed toward Coach Hawk as well). Why was Pat White trying to throw? Why was the third string QB trying to trick play when he obviously couldn't throw either? Why was this team in the top 10 at the beginning of the season?!

I hold a grudge in that I want a rematch, much like I want a Boise State, USC, LSU et al rematch. I definitely want another shot at embarrassing them the way they embarrassed us, but I can live with being 3-0 for now :D

StoopTroup
9/19/2008, 10:46 AM
Serves them right,they made a pact with Satan in exchange for the Fiesta Bowl win.Now payment is due and WV is going straight to Hell. :D

heh.

Scotty
9/20/2008, 02:13 AM
please dont say we suck, these players are trying

BAHAHAHAHH!!!!!

hgarmorer
9/20/2008, 07:08 AM
I wanted CU to win, only because of the B12 factor.

SoonerRedHead
9/20/2008, 07:28 AM
Is this the team where couch burning is kewl? If so, better hide all of them in a 5 state area!

The Preach Man
9/20/2008, 07:43 AM

I do hate every team that beats us. Thats the great thing about being a fan of Oklahoma because there is plenty of hate to go around. Now....if I were an OSU fan then it would be very bad for my personal health to hate every team that beat me because my life would just be one big ball of hate.

sooner94
9/20/2008, 09:18 PM
Their coach is in WAY over his head.

Richy Rodriguez raided the WVU staff after the Fiesta Bowl. Apparently he got all of the good coaches.