PDA

View Full Version : If Palin Doesn't Stop...

SicEmBaylor
9/18/2008, 08:36 PM
...talking about and comparing herself to Lincoln then I'm going to reconsider my very tentative support for their ticket!!!!

Okla-homey
9/18/2008, 08:51 PM
...talking about and comparing herself to Lincoln then I'm going to reconsider my very tentative support for their ticket!!!!

Face it d00d, Lincoln was, and will probably always be, the Second Greatest American.

VeeJay
9/18/2008, 09:01 PM
Well, Clinton was Jefferson, Lincoln, Washington, JFK, Elvis, and Ron Jeremy all rolled up into one neat little package - so this ain't so bad.

swardboy
9/18/2008, 09:17 PM
Well, Clinton was Jefferson, Lincoln, Washington, JFK, Elvis, and Ron Jeremy all rolled up into one neat little package - so this ain't so bad.

AND the first black president...don't forget that!

Tulsa_Fireman
9/18/2008, 09:27 PM
I'm voting for her hawt cans. Screw Lincoln.

BOOBIES

Curly Bill
9/18/2008, 09:55 PM

Brack fancies himself a black JFK. Wouldn't you rather have a Lincoln wanna-be, then a JFK wanna-be?

SicEmBaylor
9/18/2008, 10:07 PM
Brack fancies himself a black JFK. Wouldn't you rather have a Lincoln wanna-be, then a JFK wanna-be?

I most certainly would not. JFK>Lincoln

Curly Bill
9/18/2008, 10:09 PM

Not saying I'm the biggest Lincoln fan ever but still:

Lincoln > JFK

SicEmBaylor
9/18/2008, 10:16 PM
Not saying I'm the biggest Lincoln fan ever but still:

Lincoln > JFK

We disagree, sir.

Curly Bill
9/18/2008, 10:18 PM
We disagree, sir.

Fair enough. :)

...and for the record I'm not anti-JFK.

SicEmBaylor
9/18/2008, 10:26 PM
I'm pretty neutral toward JFK. He wasn't in office long enough to have nearly as profound an impact upon American history as both his admirers and detractors lead us to believe. I don't understand the JFK worship, but I also don't understand the deep hostility toward the guy.

He was definitely the better of the Kennedy's though. His siblings get progressively worse. JFK>RFK>TMK

Curly Bill
9/18/2008, 10:28 PM
I'm pretty neutral toward JFK. He wasn't in office long enough to have nearly as profound an impact upon American history as both his admirers and detractors lead us to believe. I don't understand the JFK worship, but I also don't understand the deep hostility toward the guy.

He was definitely the better of the Kennedy's though. His siblings get progressively worse. JFK>RFK>TMK

Definitely in agreement here.

SCOUT
9/18/2008, 10:32 PM

I don't necessarily disagree with your Kennedy lineage, but I would like to hear why you rank JFK ahead of RFK.

Sooner_Havok
9/18/2008, 11:22 PM
SicEm just don't like Lincoln cause he is a libertarian :D

Oh. and just for you SicEm...

YZKQDyL5gzc&eurl

Palin-McCain 08! Don't forget who the top of the ticket is folks ;)

Penguin
9/18/2008, 11:37 PM
I just wish she would quit bringing up "The Bridge To Nowhere." I think most Americans know the whole story. I just don't see how this is a good issue for her.

Sooner_Havok
9/18/2008, 11:41 PM
I just wish she would quit bringing up "The Bridge To Nowhere." I think most Americans know the whole story. I just don't see how this is a good issue for her.

It's the old "Say it enough times and it's true" logic. You know, the stuff Hellary used during the Primary"I can still win this!" :P

Plus, the base believes it hook line and sinker, and they really need to make sure the Republican base doesn't jump ship and vote O'Bamar:rolleyes:

Blue
9/18/2008, 11:43 PM
After waffling a little, I'll be voting for McCain.

Sooner_Havok
9/18/2008, 11:44 PM
After waffling a little, I'll be voting for McCain.

Ahem, You'll be voting Palin-McCain. Don't short sell the top of the ticket :D

MrJimBeam
9/19/2008, 05:05 AM
JFK>Lincoln

SAY WHAT??!?!?

Okla-homey
9/19/2008, 05:22 AM

When you say stuff like this, it makes we wish it were 1863 again, and you were secesh trash. Which would make it okay for me to shoot you in the head and confiscate your property. Literally.

StoopTroup
9/19/2008, 06:04 AM

I call BS.

Your gonna vote for whoever Rush's Clone tells you to vote for....

Face it man...your locked in and Sarah knows it. :D

She's toying with you to see how much you can take.

achiro
9/19/2008, 08:13 AM
When you say stuff like this, it makes we wish it were 1863 again, and you were secesh trash. Which would make it okay for me to shoot you in the head and confiscate your property. Literally.

Oh, cut him some slack. It's something he heard from a prof at Baylor at some point.;)

C&CDean
9/19/2008, 08:57 AM
I don't like Lincoln much, but anybody who thinks JFK>Lincoln has rocks in his ****ing head. The best thing JFK did during his 3 years was **** Marilyn. The only reason he's as famous/popular as he is is because his brains went flying everywhere on TV. His old lady did more for the American public than he did, and she was a yainchy old ho.

StoopTroup
9/19/2008, 09:44 AM
and she was a yainchy old ho.

Don't tell me you wouldn't have hit it! :D

TexasLidig8r
9/19/2008, 09:48 AM

All she needs now is to get elected, have McCain kick it, and then for certain states to oppress and abuse some of their citizens and then start an ill advised war against other states while unlawfully declaring independence.. and she will be just like him!

:D

C&CDean
9/19/2008, 09:56 AM
Don't tell me you wouldn't have hit it! :D

Jackie O? Oh hell no. She was built like a knotty 2x6, and looks like your typical JAP. I'm thinking her favorite thing to make for dinner is reservations. Her ideal house is 6,000 SF, no kitchen, no bedroom. She got those crowsfeet around her eyes by saying "you want me to suck your what??"

Nope, Jackie didn't do it for me. No wonder Jack was tapping the MM.

Scott D
9/19/2008, 09:58 AM
In a perfect world SicEm couldn't vote because he isn't a landowner.

StoopTroup
9/19/2008, 09:59 AM
Jackie O? Oh hell no. She was built like a knotty 2x6, and looks like your typical JAP. I'm thinking her favorite thing to make for dinner is reservations. Her ideal house is 6,000 SF, no kitchen, no bedroom. She got those crowsfeet around her eyes by saying "you want me to suck your what??"

Nope, Jackie didn't do it for me. No wonder Jack was tapping the MM.

I must accept this then...you have made your point...lol

Half a Hundred
9/19/2008, 10:08 AM
I don't like Lincoln much, but anybody who thinks JFK>Lincoln has rocks in his ****ing head. The best thing JFK did during his 3 years was **** Marilyn. The only reason he's as famous/popular as he is is because his brains went flying everywhere on TV. His old lady did more for the American public than he did, and she was a yainchy old ho.

Considering the looks that Mary Todd Lincoln had, I would consider that a significant advantage for JFK.

StoopTroup
9/19/2008, 10:35 AM
Yeah Dean...are you out on Mrs. Lincoln too? :D

I'm pretty sure I know where you stand with Hillary...lol.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/19/2008, 10:48 AM
Jackie KO never did anything for me, either.The MSM at the time of her hubby's POTUS gig were absolutely and COMPLETELY AGOG over her. They adored her the way they did Princess Diana later. I'm not completely critical of either Jack or Bobby, though. Teddy is, of course, almost as disruptive of American politics as one can be.

In conclusion, Palin is starting to PO me a little with her talk about "going after Wall Street", instead of democrat politicians.

StoopTroup
9/19/2008, 11:04 AM
Wonder if Tina Fey is up for being a Body Double for the Secret Service? :D ;)

Sooner24
9/19/2008, 11:57 AM
In a perfect world SicEm couldn't vote because he isn't a landowner.

In a perfect world SicEm couldn't vote because he's SicEm.

Echoes
9/19/2008, 12:09 PM

Ouch man. Ouch. Have you ever read his biography? It touched my soul. I have more respect for that man then near anyone who has ever lived.

It is true, he was and always will be the 2nd greatest American.

If not, http://www.amazon.com/Lincoln-David-Herbert-Donald/dp/068482535X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221844037&sr=1-2 is worth a read... like now

Veritas
9/19/2008, 12:12 PM
JFK > Lincoln
Lol. You're just made about that civil war thing. Slavery lover. ;)

Widescreen
9/19/2008, 12:19 PM

Hey sicem. The south will never rise again. Sorry.

Scott D
9/19/2008, 12:45 PM
In a perfect world SicEm couldn't vote because he's SicEm.

touche :D

KC//CRIMSON
9/19/2008, 12:53 PM
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Rob/carnival.png

Hey-O!

Pricetag
9/19/2008, 01:06 PM
Considering the looks that Mary Todd Lincoln had, I would consider that a significant advantage for JFK.
She was crazy, though, and you know how it is with those crazy women.

SicEmBaylor
9/19/2008, 01:18 PM
Hey sicem. The south will never rise again. Sorry.

It's not a southern issue. I happen to sympathize with the South, but I'd feel the same way if the New England states had tried to secede (which they once came close to doing).

I simply believe that any state that freely enters the Union ought to be free to leave it (especially since the Constitution doesn't give the Feds power to forbid it) and that the people should be free to establish whatever government they want in the tradition of our Revolutionary forefathers who likely would have been appalled at the idea of people being kept part of a nation by force of arms.

It's really as simple as that. I believe in a de-centralized government and the sovereign right of people to choose their own government no matter who they are, what state they're from, or what region their state is in.

StoopTroup
9/19/2008, 01:25 PM
It's not a southern issue. I happen to sympathize with the South, but I'd feel the same way if the New England states had tried to secede (which they once came close to doing).

I simply believe that any state that freely enters the Union ought to be free to leave it (especially since the Constitution doesn't give the Feds power to forbid it) and that the people should be free to establish whatever government they want in the tradition of our Revolutionary forefathers who likely would have been appalled at the idea of people being kept part of a nation by force of arms.

It's really as simple as that. I believe in a de-centralized government and the sovereign right of people to choose their own government no matter who they are, what state they're from, or what region their state is in.

And say those folks that are in charge when your State secedes from the Union are The Clintons?

Would you still feel that way?

Even if you owned lots of land?

Even if you couldn't afford to move and they would lay claim to your property for the good of the State?

Just a few random thoughts...:D

SicEmBaylor
9/19/2008, 01:34 PM
And say those folks that are in charge when your State secedes from the Union are The Clintons?

Would you still feel that way?

Even if you owned lots of land?

Even if you couldn't afford to move and they would lay claim to your property for the good of the State?

Just a few random thoughts...:D

Well, it doesn't really depend on who is running the government any such effort would require a huge portion of the state's population to support the move. However, I will say that if I lived in a state where the overwhelming number of people supported the state government's move to secede then I would readily accept that although I always have the option to move...