PDA

View Full Version : Opponent Preview: TCU

OU_Sooners75
9/18/2008, 07:20 PM
I could not dig up much on their defense. SO if anyone here can add to this, please do.

Texas Christian Horned Frogs

Offense:
The offense is a spread option type offense.

Quarterback:
TCU primary signal caller is Andy Dalton. Dalton is a dual threat at the QB position. He possesses good running ability and an accurate arm. So far for the season Dalton has attempted 74 passes. Completing 47 of them for 396 yards and 1 interception. He as also rushed the ball 37 times for 163 yards and 4 touchdowns.

If called upon, Marcus Jackson can come in an operate the Horned Frogs offense. He is 6 of 11 passing for 74 yards and 1 touchdown. He has also rushed for 47 yards on 8 attempts.

Running Backs:
Entering the 2008 season, TCU's deepest depth was at the running back position. Led by Ryan Christian, the Horned Frogs rushing attack has accounted for 724 yards and 14 touchdowns in just two games. Ryan has rushed 41 times for 189 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Short yardage and goal line look for Joseph Turner to come in to give TCU a power rushing attack. Turner has rushed 24 times for 108 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Wide Receivers:
The TCU offense is more comfortable rushing the ball. But when called upon to take control of the game, the passing game has shown some signs of being more than capable. Led by WR Jimmy Young, the receiving corps is very fast and dangerous. Young has caught 16 passes for 184 yards. Tight end Shae Reagan is a threat once in the red zone and on possession downs. He has caught 6 passes for 75 yards.

Offensive Line:
The offensive line is experienced. Returning 4 starters from 2007, this unit is led by preseason All-American Center Blake Schlueter. Others starting are tackles Marshall Newhouse and Nic Richmond, guards Giles Montegomery and Preston Phillips.

Defense: They run a 4-2-5 defense.
Led by 3 time All-Mountain West Linebackers Jason Phillips and Robert Henson, the TCU defense is looking for quick fixes after losing 5 starters from 2007. The biggest question marks heading into 2008 was the Defensive Line and Secondary. Both Defensive tackles returned, however both safeties were in need of replacement.

JLEW1818
9/18/2008, 07:21 PM
Seen Dalton at the Texas bowl last winter. He had an average arm, and average legs. We should be fine.

OU_Sooners75
9/18/2008, 07:23 PM
Seen Dalton at the Texas bowl last winter. He had an average arm, and average legs. We should be fine.

He is compeleting over 63% of his passes. He also is second on the team in rushing.

I am not saying he will beat us, but we will be stalking him.

RiddlerOK
9/18/2008, 10:01 PM
Out of curiosity, how many of TCU's starters played in the 2005 season opener against OU?

SCOUT
9/18/2008, 10:22 PM
The biggest question marks heading into 2008 was the Defensive Line and Secondary. Both Defensive tackles returned, however both safeties were in need of replacement.

This is good news for Sam and the gang.

goingoneight
9/18/2008, 11:37 PM
I hope the team comes into this game the way I'm dreaming they will.

Dear Sooner Senior class,

Do you remember that first non-conference game you ever played? How about your very first home game? Do you still hear the echoes of stupid aggies laughing about 'TC-something' back in '05? Do you remember your only home loss of your careers as Sooners?

Yeah... we do, too.

-signed,
85,000 coming to a Memorial Stadium near you.

I hope this team takes all the ugly, painful memories of that 2005 TCU game into next weekend and lay to rest that dark day in Sooner history once and for all. Sort of like how we usually erase bad memories when we get another shot at someone in Norman.

OU_Sooners75
9/19/2008, 03:30 AM
Out of curiosity, how many of TCU's starters played in the 2005 season opener against OU?

I am not positive if all the following players were at TCU in 2005, but here are the starting Seniors....

Aaron Brown RB
Walter Bryant WR
Preston Phillips G
Giles Montegomery G
Blake Schleuter G
Matt Panfil DE
Cody Moore DT
James Vess NT
Robert Henson LB
Jason Phillips LB
Stephen Hodge S
Steven Coleman S

OU_Sooners75
9/19/2008, 03:50 AM
TCU Depth Chart as of 8-22-08*
Offense: Base: Spread Option
QB: Andy Dalton So. 6-3 210
RB: Ryan Christian Jr. 5-11 185
WR: Jimmy Young So. 6-1 205
WR: Walter Bryant Sr. 6-4 206
WR: Bart Johnson So. 6-1 190
WR: Jeremy Kerley So. 5-10 195
OT: Marshall Newhouse Jr 6-3 323
OT: Nic Richmond Jr. 6-8 325 or Marcus Cannon So. 6-6 345
OG: Preston Phillips Sr. 6-6 297
OG: Gile Montegomery Sr. 6-5 300
OC: Blake Schleuter Sr. 6-3 288

*= Aaron Brown was orginially listed as the starter as of 8-22-08. However he has not registered a carry thusfar this season. I am not sure why.

Defense: Base: 4-2-5 Nickle
DE: Jerry Hughes Jr. 6-2 260
DE: Matt Panfil Sr. 6-2 253
DT: Cody Moore Sr. 6-1 295
NT: James Vess Sr. 6-3 290
LB: Robert Henson Sr. 6-1 238
LB: Jason Phillips Sr. 6-1 238
CB: Nick Sanders Jr. 5-10 186
CB: Rafeal Priest Jr. 5-10 184
SS: Stephen Hodge Sr. 6-0 228
FS: Tejay Johnson So. 6-1 205
NB: Steven Coleman Sr. 6-3 210

ousooners182
9/19/2008, 04:59 AM
ahh im ready for some payback

TheUnnamedSooner
9/19/2008, 10:27 AM
TCU is 4-1 against OU in Norman

http://www.soonerstats.com/football/series/details.cfm?OppID=68

StoopTroup
9/19/2008, 10:55 AM
This is going to be fun to watch...I can't wait for the game.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0f982Qg9tebvQ/340x.jpg

26 months ago: TCU quarterback Andy Dalton raises the MVP trophy after TCU defeated Houston in the Texas Bowl football game Friday, Dec. 28, 2007 in Houston.

BASSooner
9/19/2008, 11:02 AM
TCU Depth Chart as of 8-22-08*
Offense: Base: Spread Option
QB: Andy Dalton So. 6-3 210
RB: Ryan Christian Jr. 5-11 185
WR: Jimmy Young So. 6-1 205
WR: Walter Bryant Sr. 6-4 206
WR: Bart Johnson So. 6-1 190
WR: Jeremy Kerley So. 5-10 195
OT: Marshall Newhouse Jr 6-3 323
OT: Nic Richmond Jr. 6-8 325 or Marcus Cannon So. 6-6 345
OG: Preston Phillips Sr. 6-6 297
OG: Gile Montegomery Sr. 6-5 300
OC: Blake Schleuter Sr. 6-3 288

*= Aaron Brown was orginially listed as the starter as of 8-22-08. However he has not registered a carry thusfar this season. I am not sure why.

Defense: Base: 4-2-5 Nickle
DE: Jerry Hughes Jr. 6-2 260
DE: Matt Panfil Sr. 6-2 253
DT: Cody Moore Sr. 6-1 295
NT: James Vess Sr. 6-3 290
LB: Robert Henson Sr. 6-1 238
LB: Jason Phillips Sr. 6-1 238
CB: Nick Sanders Jr. 5-10 186
CB: Rafeal Priest Jr. 5-10 184
SS: Stephen Hodge Sr. 6-0 228
FS: Tejay Johnson So. 6-1 205
NB: Steven Coleman Sr. 6-3 210
This guy went to my high school. He's a shifty guy but he shouldn't be someone that we couldn't take down

badger
9/19/2008, 11:43 AM
This is going to be fun to watch...I can't wait for the game.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0f982Qg9tebvQ/340x.jpg

Wow...a commemorative decorative plate!

...or was the award the hat? ;)

DallasSooner87
9/19/2008, 12:30 PM

Do you remember that first non-conference game you ever played? How about your very first home game? Do you still hear the echoes of stupid aggies laughing about 'TC-something' back in '05? Do you remember your only home loss of your careers as Sooners?

Yeah... we do, too.

-signed,

I hope this team takes all the ugly, painful memories of that 2005 TCU game into next weekend and lay to rest that dark day in Sooner history once and for all. Sort of like how we usually erase bad memories when we get another shot at someone in Norman.

Thank you, 85,000, this was not only my first Sooner game, it was my first college football game and the first one in a Pride uniform. I want my revenge.
I want it swiftly and I don't want it to stop just because we have in the backups playing. I want to put the ghosts of this game to bed, and when a TCU fan tells me remember when in 2005...I can respond with remember when we unleashed the dogs on you guys and it just didn't stop. Then I can smile as they walk away in shame. :pop:

Yes I am a little bitter what of it.

jage
9/19/2008, 01:18 PM
You guys have it easy!

My dad is a TCU alumni and my sister is currently attending TCU. My dad got us tickets to go together again, so if you see the only guy in purple in a see of red, that's my Dad, and I'll be next to him.

My sister bought him a OWho purple TCU shirt that they are selling at the bookstore. I'm waiting to see if he has the guts to wear it.

If OU loses again, I'll never hear the end of it!

AZSOONER
9/19/2008, 01:22 PM
He is compeleting over 63% of his passes. He also is second on the team in rushing.

I am not saying he will beat us, but we will be stalking him.

After seeing how we handled locker last week, few QBs will scare me this year.

goingoneight
9/20/2008, 12:08 AM
Locker may not be as good as advertised when OUr defense actually shows up... much like Daniel was.

ousooners182
9/20/2008, 03:00 AM
our d loves smothering supposed mobile qb's..well most the times besides vince

OU_Sooners75
9/20/2008, 04:12 AM
After seeing how we handled locker last week, few QBs will scare me this year.

Locker is a glorified RB. He is not that good of a QB. And what makes him worse this year is the fact that his OLine is inexperienced and would rather abandon their assignments to seek revenge on a player on the opposite team.

Washington period is just a sorry *** team. And I feel sorry for Willingham!

OU_Sooners75
9/20/2008, 04:14 AM
our d loves smothering supposed mobile qb's..well most the times besides vince

We did pretty good against Vince, except for the year we had a bad defense, by Stoops standards....2005.

However, we did not do to well with Pat White in the Fiesta Bowl in January.

SoonerRedHead
9/20/2008, 07:36 AM

Yeah... we do, too.

-signed,

And, at the RRS, the whorns bringing in Bevfo, and the whorn band chanting "TCU, TCU............:hot: ...of course that was the year of their beloved VY, of mythicalness et al.

FYI, it really gets whorn bandmembers confused when one reminds them they have rick-rack sewn down the sides of their pant's legs.:P

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/20/2008, 11:26 AM
We did pretty good against Vince, except for the year we had a bad defense, by Stoops standards....2005.

We were VY's only college losses as a starter...I'd say we did better against him than anybody else. ;)

OU_Sooners75
9/24/2008, 04:22 AM
Bump!

Get familiar. This is the team that gave us our last home loss.

sooneron
9/24/2008, 07:25 AM
47 completions for 396 yards is NOT good.

I want our team to go out there and stomp a mudhole in the frogs.

Scott D
9/24/2008, 09:05 AM
Aaron Brown is a bit healthier, and got significant playing time against SMU last weekend. They'll be lining him up at running back, wide receiver, and as a return man. If Patterson tries to run his standard offense, they are going to try to run up the middle quite a bit.

CK Sooner
9/24/2008, 09:12 AM
Aaron Brown is a bit healthier, and got significant playing time against SMU last weekend. They'll be lining him up at running back, wide receiver, and as a return man. If Patterson tries to run his standard offense, they are going to try to run up the middle quite a bit.

I think our run defense will be able to stop them easily.

I am kinda worried about the quarterback taking off with it though.

OUmillenium
9/24/2008, 09:19 AM
We did pretty good against Vince, except for the year we had a bad offense, by Stoops standards....2005.

However, we did not do to well with Pat White in the Fiesta Bowl in January.

fixed

mfosterftw
9/24/2008, 09:43 AM
Locker is a glorified RB. He is not that good of a QB. And what makes him worse this year is the fact that his OLine is inexperienced and would rather abandon their assignments to seek revenge on a player on the opposite team.

Not to mention the Huskies center thought Locker was a shortstop instead of a QB...

angelo'sfrog
9/24/2008, 10:41 AM
I could not dig up much on their defense. SO if anyone here can add to this, please do.

Texas Christian Horned Frogs

Offense:
The offense is a spread option type offense.

Quarterback:
TCU primary signal caller is Andy Dalton. Dalton is a dual threat at the QB position. He possesses good running ability and an accurate arm. So far for the season Dalton has attempted 74 passes. Completing 47 of them for 396 yards and 1 interception. He as also rushed the ball 37 times for 163 yards and 4 touchdowns.

If called upon, Marcus Jackson can come in an operate the Horned Frogs offense. He is 6 of 11 passing for 74 yards and 1 touchdown. He has also rushed for 47 yards on 8 attempts.

Running Backs:
Entering the 2008 season, TCU's deepest depth was at the running back position. Led by Ryan Christian, the Horned Frogs rushing attack has accounted for 724 yards and 14 touchdowns in just two games. Ryan has rushed 41 times for 189 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Short yardage and goal line look for Joseph Turner to come in to give TCU a power rushing attack. Turner has rushed 24 times for 108 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Wide Receivers:
The TCU offense is more comfortable rushing the ball. But when called upon to take control of the game, the passing game has shown some signs of being more than capable. Led by WR Jimmy Young, the receiving corps is very fast and dangerous. Young has caught 16 passes for 184 yards. Tight end Shae Reagan is a threat once in the red zone and on possession downs. He has caught 6 passes for 75 yards.

Offensive Line:
The offensive line is experienced. Returning 4 starters from 2007, this unit is led by preseason All-American Center Blake Schlueter. Others starting are tackles Marshall Newhouse and Nic Richmond, guards Giles Montegomery and Preston Phillips.

Defense: They run a 4-2-5 defense.
Led by 3 time All-Mountain West Linebackers Jason Phillips and Robert Henson, the TCU defense is looking for quick fixes after losing 5 starters from 2007. The biggest question marks heading into 2008 was the Defensive Line and Secondary. Both Defensive tackles returned, however both safeties were in need of replacement.

Dalton has turned into a good running QB with excellent ballfake skills. He is very good at the zone read but not at his best at the pitch on the pure option. He has a decent arm and has developed into a much better decision maker throwing the ball. He hasn't had much of an opportunity to air it out this year. New Mexico's strength was their corners while their run defense was weak, so we ran the ball. SFA was a blowout. Stanford was played in steady rain and windy conditions following Ike. SMU was also a blowout and he had two drops that would've been TD's.

At RB, we have a rotation of Aaron Brown (suspended for first 3 games), Joseph Turner (recovering from blowing out ACL in bowl game) and Ryan Christian (a 170 lb white speedster). Brown and Christian have excellent speed and are good on the edge but not so good in the middle. JT is the better between the tackles runner but is not 100%. Despite the suspension of our best running back, RC's lack of size and JT's injury, we have run the ball very well this year.

At WR, the most talented are Jimmy Young and Jeremy Kerley. Both are very physical and have good speed and moves. Walter Bryant is a big tall physical receiver and a good run blocker. Reagan and Frosch at TE are both very good and Reagan is a threat to catch one going up the seam and score a long TD.

The O-line is very experienced with senior leadership at center and the two guards. The two tackles Newhouse and Cannon (Richmond started last year but is now a backup) are younger but are probably the best NFL prospects. Both are very large and have good feet. Kind of like the two tackles that we had back in 2005 that are now in the NFL.

D-Line is a real strength of the team. The questions here have been answered. Vess and Moore at NT and DT are seniors and have really stepped it up this year. We lost Vess for the year last year and Patterson said that it hurt worse than losing Tommy Blake. The two young guys behind them got a lot of experience last year as freshmen due to Vess's suspension. At DE, Jerry Hughes is having a standout year with two ints and a bunch of sacks. Panfil has matured into a really fine player after replacing Tommy Blake for most of last year.

Phillips, Henson and Washington at LB are among the top ten LB corps in the country. We lost Hawthorne (now witht the Seahawks) but the three guys left are probably even faster and more talented.

The secondary is even better than last year. We lost two safeties, Bonner and Roach, but their replacements Coleman (Sr.) and Johnson (soph) have a lot of experience in the system (especially Coleman). The corners are third year starters who helped shut down Tech two years ago starting their third game as freshmen.

You may never have heard of any of these guys but I think after Saturday you will remember at least a few of them.

CK Sooner
9/24/2008, 11:04 AM
Dalton has turned into a good running QB with excellent ballfake skills. He is very good at the zone read but not at his best at the pitch on the pure option. He has a decent arm and has developed into a much better decision maker throwing the ball. He hasn't had much of an opportunity to air it out this year. New Mexico's strength was their corners while their run defense was weak, so we ran the ball. SFA was a blowout. Stanford was played in steady rain and windy conditions following Ike. SMU was also a blowout and he had two drops that would've been TD's.

At RB, we have a rotation of Aaron Brown (suspended for first 3 games), Joseph Turner (recovering from blowing out ACL in bowl game) and Ryan Christian (a 170 lb white speedster). Brown and Christian have excellent speed and are good on the edge but not so good in the middle. JT is the better between the tackles runner but is not 100%. Despite the suspension of our best running back, RC's lack of size and JT's injury, we have run the ball very well this year.

At WR, the most talented are Jimmy Young and Jeremy Kerley. Both are very physical and have good speed and moves. Walter Bryant is a big tall physical receiver and a good run blocker. Reagan and Frosch at TE are both very good and Reagan is a threat to catch one going up the seam and score a long TD.

The O-line is very experienced with senior leadership at center and the two guards. The two tackles Newhouse and Cannon (Richmond started last year but is now a backup) are younger but are probably the best NFL prospects. Both are very large and have good feet. Kind of like the two tackles that we had back in 2005 that are now in the NFL.

D-Line is a real strength of the team. The questions here have been answered. Vess and Moore at NT and DT are seniors and have really stepped it up this year. We lost Vess for the year last year and Patterson said that it hurt worse than losing Tommy Blake. The two young guys behind them got a lot of experience last year as freshmen due to Vess's suspension. At DE, Jerry Hughes is having a standout year with two ints and a bunch of sacks. Panfil has matured into a really fine player after replacing Tommy Blake for most of last year.

Phillips, Henson and Washington at LB are among the top ten LB corps in the country. We lost Hawthorne (now witht the Seahawks) but the three guys left are probably even faster and more talented.

The secondary is even better than last year. We lost two safeties, Bonner and Roach, but their replacements Coleman (Sr.) and Johnson (soph) have a lot of experience in the system (especially Coleman). The corners are third year starters who helped shut down Tech two years ago starting their third game as freshmen.

You may never have heard of any of these guys but I think after Saturday you will remember at least a few of them.

Who say's?

OU_Sooners75
9/24/2008, 11:42 AM

TCU's toughest competition = Stanford at 2-2. Not exactly a good thing when trying to throw out stats and crap. OU is a far better defense and offense than TCU or any of their opponents on their entire schedule!

If you TCU fans think OU is taking this game lightly, please be prepared to leave Norman butthurt!

angelo'sfrog
9/24/2008, 01:07 PM
If you TCU fans think OU is taking this game lightly, please be prepared to leave Norman butthurt!

Oh, I don't think OU will be taking TCU lightly. Stoops won't let them do that. I do think that OU will be surprised by the speed of our defense and confused by the schemes GP will throw at them. The no-huddle might cause an inexperienced defense problems but with 7 seniors and 3 juniors starting on defense, I think we will be able to handle it.

As far as leaving butthurt, I guarantee our guys won't back down and we'll see who leaves butthurt after they play 60.

NormanPride
9/24/2008, 02:08 PM
The no-huddle isn't supposed to confuse, it's supposed to tire and pose matchup problems. Cincy had nothing but juniors, seniors and NFL-ready players back from a D that was ranked #6 last year, and we made them look stupid.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/24/2008, 02:14 PM
This is good news for Sam and the gang.

Didn't they sing the pop smash "Celebration"?

Jason White's Third Knee
9/24/2008, 02:16 PM
Oh, I don't think OU will be taking TCU lightly. Stoops won't let them do that. I do think that OU will be surprised by the speed of our defense and confused by the schemes GP will throw at them. The no-huddle might cause an inexperienced defense problems but with 7 seniors and 3 juniors starting on defense, I think we will be able to handle it.

As far as leaving butthurt, I guarantee our guys won't back down and we'll see who leaves butthurt after they play 60.

Yeah. That's right. We'll see. (I am totally against emoticons, but an eyeroll would work nicely hear.)

The Maestro
9/24/2008, 02:24 PM
At RB, we have a rotation of Aaron Brown (suspended for first 3 games), Joseph Turner (recovering from blowing out ACL in bowl game) and Ryan Christian (a 170 lb white speedster).

That line cracks me up! Oklahoma 2A high school's are full of "170 lb white speedsters"! Good luck with that...your running back coach, JUSTIN FUENTE, better have his boys ready.

Statistically, this game is our offense vs. their defense. But, statistically, they have played NO ONE! Somehow I figure we might change your stat of points allowed which is at 8 points a game right now.

I think it would be fun to hang about 60 on these guys since we are being told how great their defense is. It will be interesting if we get up 21-0 in the first quarter and they have to abandon game plans and start doing something they cannot do...throw down the field.

I think after the first quarter we should have a pretty good idea if this is going to be an *** whoopin' or a game for a while.

KantoSooner
9/24/2008, 02:45 PM
OU's O will score six to seven times. The main difficulty in predicting the final score of this game is to divine how many times, if any, the Defense will score. Will TCU, as Maestro suggests, get desperate and start throwing up lobs? If so, it could get very ugly and do so before halftime.
I really don't see them scoring on anything other than special teams (maybe) all afternoon. That and some field goals. Just don't see anyway they're going to get anything else.

angelo'sfrog
9/24/2008, 03:00 PM
The no-huddle isn't supposed to confuse, it's supposed to tire and pose matchup problems.

Good because TCU is one of the best conditioned programs in the country. Let's see who gets tired first. Against OU in 2005, it was the Sooners. Against Tech in '06, the Raiders got tired of getting hit in the mouth and folded. Against UT last fall the Horns wore us down in the second half and we gave the game away on turnovers. We got out to a 10-0 halftime lead that should've been more and then got our azzes kicked in the second half. I've got to give it to McCoy. We knocked the snot out of him about ten times in the first half and he came back in the second and killed us. We'll see how the story unfolds this weekend. I may the only one, but I like our chances.

CK Sooner
9/24/2008, 03:03 PM
Good because TCU is one of the best conditioned programs in the country. Let's see who gets tired first. Against OU in 2005, it was the Sooners. Against Tech in '06, the Raiders got tired of getting hit in the mouth and folded. Against UT last fall the Horns wore us down in the second half and we gave the game away on turnovers. We got out to a 10-0 halftime lead that should've been more and then got our azzes kicked in the second half. I've got to give it to McCoy. We knocked the snot out of him about ten times in the first half and he came back in the second and killed us. We'll see how the story unfolds this weekend. I may the only one, but I like our chances.

You sure do have a lot of opinions that are not proven.

If I said Sam Bradford has wings and could just fly to the endzone, would you believe me?

The Maestro
9/24/2008, 03:09 PM
If I said Sam Bradford has wings and could just fly to the endzone, would you believe me?

I can't confirm he has nipples, but I wouldn't try milking him if he does...just sayin'.

angelo'sfrog
9/24/2008, 03:13 PM
Who say's?

FORT WORTH, Texas -- TCU's linebacker unit has been ranked as the 10th-best in the nation by Athlon.

Athlon also tabbed linebacker Jason Phillips, safety Stephen Hodge and center Blake Schlueter as first-team All-Mountain West Conference selections. Linebacker Robert Henson, cornerback Rafael Priest, defensive lineman James Vess and offensive tackle Marshall Newhouse were second-team picks.

Linebacker units ranked ahead of TCU were USC, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Ohio State, Miami (Ohio), Wisconsin, Virginia and Cal.

Phillips is a preseason All-American and three-time All-Mountain West Conference selection. The senior from Waller, Texas, was named by Dave Campbell's 2008 Texas Football as the state's Defensive Player of the Year and Best Linebacker. He is also on the watch list for the Bronko Nagurski Trophy, awarded to the nation's top defensive player.

A native of Longview, Texas, Henson has been an honorable-mention All-MWC pick each of the last three seasons despite starting just three games. His 199 career tackles trail only Phillips (231) among active Frogs.

Daryl Washington will also see significant playing time. The junior from Irving, Texas, totaled 32 stops in a reserve role a year ago while tying for the national lead with three punt blocks.

Both Henson and Phillips are on the Butkus watch list. I don't think there is another team with two LB's on the list.

The Maestro
9/24/2008, 03:16 PM
Both Henson and Phillips are on the Butkus watch list. I don't think there is another team with two LB's on the list.

Yeah, and last year it was Phillips and Campbell from Miami, Florida...earlier this year it was the "shutdown future NFL cornerbacks" at Cincy and their stud D-lineman...

some 50 points later on both....

TCU is good. Maybe the best team we have played all year. But this ain't the first game in 2005 Sooners, either.

angelo'sfrog
9/24/2008, 03:17 PM
You sure do have a lot of opinions that are not proven.

ESPN article by Ivan Maisel on TCU's conditioning program

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=2337371

Anything else you need confirmation on or are we good?

The Maestro
9/24/2008, 03:22 PM
Conditioning < recruiting. Tell your 170 pound white speedster running back we are impressed with his body fat %.

And how does any member of a defense get on a "watch list" after giving up 33 points to San Diego State in their regular season finale last year? It must mean they have a pulse.

SoonerStormchaser
9/24/2008, 03:24 PM
ESPN article by Ivan Maisel on TCU's conditioning program

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=2337371

Anything else you need confirmation on or are we good?

Dude...I'll withhold judgment til after the game, cause right now, my opinion of y'all isn't that great based upon the quality of your opponents.

angelo'sfrog
9/24/2008, 03:46 PM
And how does any member of a defense get on a "watch list" after giving up 33 points to San Diego State in their regular season finale last year?

Lost 3 fumbles and gave up a 97 yard td pass. Not the defense's best game but turnovers hurt. However, we did dominate the line of scrimmage on offense that game. 39 first downs and 694 yards of total offense.

Dude...I'll withhold judgment til after the game, cause right now, my opinion of y'all isn't that great based upon the quality of your opponents.

Fair enough. As GP said the other day, if you want people to remember you, you've got to fight the giants. That's why we scheduled you guys, Texas, Arkansas, LSU and Tech over the next few years. TCU doesn't want to be like Hawaii and play a bunch of nobodies. Between OU, BYU and Utah we will have played two top ten teams by the end of the year if not three. The odds are slim that TCU can win out with that schedule. But if it does, then the team will be remembered for as long as they play football in Texas.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/24/2008, 04:16 PM
Lost 3 fumbles and gave up a 97 yard td pass. Not the defense's best game but turnovers hurt. However, we did dominate the line of scrimmage on offense that game. 39 first downs and 694 yards of total offense.

Fair enough. As GP said the other day, if you want people to remember you, you've got to fight the giants. That's why we scheduled you guys, Texas, Arkansas, LSU and Tech over the next few years. TCU doesn't want to be like Hawaii and play a bunch of nobodies. Between OU, BYU and Utah we will have played two top ten teams by the end of the year if not three. The odds are slim that TCU can win out with that schedule. But if it does, then the team will be remembered for as long as they play football in Texas.

A light will shine down .. from somewhere....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id1IKJGVkvg

NormanPride
9/24/2008, 04:17 PM

We had four turnovers against you guys in '05 and you still only scored 17 - how sad is that? And don't pull that Texas game out against us. They doubled your offensive yardage and dominated you completely. The first half they didn't care, and they threw a pick-six. Second half they pulled their heads out and played like Texas, showing your poor excuse for a team what happens when you really play with the big boys. Also, that Tech team won 4 games in conference and was probably the worst Leach team since he'd been there. How about the '04 game where they hung 70 on you? That one was nice.

tl;dr Beating Baylor 10 times doesn't mean you own the Big 12.

angelo'sfrog
9/24/2008, 06:00 PM
We had four turnovers against you guys in '05 and you still only scored 17 - how sad is that? And don't pull that Texas game out against us. They doubled your offensive yardage and dominated you completely. The first half they didn't care, and they threw a pick-six. Second half they pulled their heads out and played like Texas, showing your poor excuse for a team what happens when you really play with the big boys. Also, that Tech team won 4 games in conference and was probably the worst Leach team since he'd been there. How about the '04 game where they hung 70 on you? That one was nice.

The team that got beat 70-35 in Lubbock was a 5-6 team. The worst TCU team in the last 10 years. They got beat pretty bad by some other teams too. However, they came back the next year in the opener and beat your beloved Sooners and went 10-1. As for Texas last year, it was tied at the beginning of the 4th quarter and then got away from us because of turnovers. By the way, that was pretty much the second worst (8-5) team we've had in a while and we still hung tough. If we don't turn the ball over 4 times like we did against Texas, I like our chances.

The Maestro
9/24/2008, 06:19 PM
If we don't turn the ball over 4 times like we did against Texas, I like our chances.

Last year's Texas team < this year's OU team

I'm kind of digging that "less than/greater than" thing today. Not sure why. Might be from helping my kid with his math homework.

Purple uni's + "horny" in team nickname + Texas Bowl being best bowl win in last...I don't know...20 years? = why the hell would you be a TCU fan???

angelo'sfrog
9/24/2008, 11:02 PM
Texas Bowl being best bowl win in last...I don't know...20 years?

Try Sun Bowl win over USC with Carson Palmer at QB. Plus, at least we won the Texas Bowl. Enjoy the Fiesta Bowl the last couple of years?

OU_Sooners75
9/25/2008, 02:55 AM

I am glad you are confident. We want you to be confident.

But facts are facts. TCU has not, nor will they after this game, see a team even close to the talent or level of OU.

TCU's defense is good, but your offense sucks balls and is one dimensional. I guarantee you this. In order for TCU to even stay close they will have to throw the ball effectively. And To beat us, it will have to be led by the arm of Dalton. Not a very good prospect for TCU.

Am I saying it cannot happen? No. But this year, it is very improbable. There are too many weapons and to much experience on OU's team to allow this to happen. OU has had 2 weeks to prepare for TCU. OU under Stoops, (in the regular season) when given 2 weeks to prepare is 8-1 (lone loss was to KSU in 2003 at the Big 12 CCG).

The only times TCU has beaten OU in Norman, OU has been down and out compared to where they should be.

I wish you and TCU luck.
God knows you will need it.

OU_Sooners75
9/25/2008, 05:41 AM

LMFAO@This tool!

What does 2005, 2006, and 2007 have to do with 2008? No a whole hell of a lot if you ask people. And it has NO BEARING what so ever when you are talking about the 5th week of the season.

Be prepared to be embarrassed this weekend. OU has all to prove to the nation and is coming into this game with a week off. OU is 8-1 under Bob Stoops when given a week off during the regular season. The only loss was to KSU in the Big 12 Title game in 2003.

Please do compare this OU team to the 2005 OU team! There is only one starter on the offense Jon Cooper that started that game. And only 3 players that played regularly in that game. Cooper, Iglesias, and Manual.

In case you are not aware, OU has weapons everywhere on Offense. There is noway your pathetic defense will keep up with the balance and speed of the game OU will be playing! We are not New Mexico, Stephen F. Austin, Stanford, or SMU! But I am glad you think so!

OU_Sooners75
9/25/2008, 06:23 AM

WOW two guys on a watch list! Impressive!

Reynolds from OU is also on that watch list. And you are wrong thinking TCU is the only school with 2 on the watch list.

Ohio State has 2.
Utah State has 2.
USC has 2.
Boston College has 2.
Notre Dame has 2.
California has 2.
Miami, OH has 2.
Kentucky has 2.
South Carolina has 2.
Georgia has 2.

http://www.thebutkusaward.com/watchlist/view.aspx?t=c

You all must be good! LOL

Want to talk about watch lists?

OU players on watchlists...
Maxwell Award....
Bradford

Bronko Nagurski Award...
Nic Harris & Auston English

Chuck Bednarik Award...
Harris, Granger, English, McCoy, and Reynolds

Davey O'Brien Award..
Bradford

Heisman Memorial Trophy...
Bradford

Doak Walker Award...
Murray

Jim Thorpe Award...
Nic Harris

John Mackey Award...
Greshman

Walter Camp POY award...
Bradford

Lombardi Award...
English, Robinson

Outland Trophy...
Robinson, Loadholt, Granger

Dave Rimington Award...
Cooper

Are you sure you want to brag about players being on a watch list? The only lists OU does not have a player listed... Unitas (our QB is a Sophomore), Lou Groza (We have a new kicker), Ray Guy Award (Our Punter is inconsistent), and the Biletnikoff Award list has not been released yet.

The Maestro
9/25/2008, 09:19 AM
Try Sun Bowl

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Again, why is ANYONE a TCU fan that is A) under 75 or B) not related to a player on the team?

Nice try ragging on our Fiesta Bowl losses. You just admitted the Sun Bowl was your best bowl win in the last 20 years!!! Sniff a BCS game and we can think about talking.

Promise you will be back here on Sunday...please??

sooneron
9/25/2008, 09:32 AM
The first half? Close, prolly like the cincy game. The second half? Not so much. I predict a slobberknocking much like the cincy game.

Clever Trevor
9/25/2008, 10:12 AM
You land thieves are going to have your hands full with the toads...

angelo'sfrog
9/25/2008, 10:25 AM
The first half? Close, prolly like the cincy game. The second half? Not so much. I predict a slobberknocking much like the cincy game.

Cincy lost their QB and top 3 rushers from last year. Their pass defense in 2007 was ranked 89th and their total defense was ranked 50th and they lost their top 3 safeties from that team. I think we will do a bit better than Cincy against your no-huddle offense.

As for watch lists, congratulations. You're OU, you're supposed to have that many players on watch lists. We're poor little TCU and we've got five players on watch lists. However, for what its worth, you had one of the best college runningbacks ever to play the game the last time we played and it didn't get you too much against a defense starting 6 soph or freshmen players. Good luck after Saturday. If we win, I'll be rooting for you to win out and you ought to do the same if you want to get past an SEC team to the BCS game.

Widescreen
9/25/2008, 10:39 AM
If we win, I'll be rooting for you to win out and you ought to do the same if you want to get past an SEC team to the BCS game.

If we lose to TCU (snicker), we have no business playing in the BCS championship.

sooneron
9/25/2008, 11:12 AM
Cincy lost their QB and top 3 rushers from last year. Their pass defense in 2007 was ranked 89th and their total defense was ranked 50th and they lost their top 3 safeties from that team. I think we will do a bit better than Cincy against your no-huddle offense.

As for watch lists, congratulations. You're OU, you're supposed to have that many players on watch lists. We're poor little TCU and we've got five players on watch lists. However, for what its worth, you had one of the best college runningbacks ever to play the game the last time we played and it didn't get you too much against a defense starting 6 soph or freshmen players. Good luck after Saturday. If we win, I'll be rooting for you to win out and you ought to do the same if you want to get past an SEC team to the BCS game.
So you're saying that your qb with his wonderful YPA is all that?
And
Why are you bringing up a opponent's ranking from LAST year?

Your vaunted #1 D has faced #s 98, 100, & 111 as far as D1A total offenses go. Maybe your team had something to do with that ranking, I'm willing to bet, not too much as far as averaging is concerned. They're about to go up against #4. BIG DIFFERENCE.
You can be cocky all you want, you have scoreboard (for about 58 more hours). I've watched your team play and this is not the team that was in Norman in 05. The same can be said for OU.

bosworthsteroidmafia
9/25/2008, 11:16 AM
I heard frog legs taste like chicken :D

sooneron
9/25/2008, 11:23 AM
http://digitalblueglobal.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/kermit.jpg

angelo'sfrog
9/25/2008, 11:38 AM
If we lose to TCU (snicker), we have no business playing in the BCS championship.

Sorry if that wasn't clear enough for you numbnuts. What I meant was that if you win you ought to root for us to go 11-1.

angelo'sfrog
9/25/2008, 11:40 AM
Why are you bringing up a opponent's ranking from LAST year?

Maybe because there is a larger sampling than just 3 games?

NormanPride
9/25/2008, 12:18 PM
The team that got beat 70-35 in Lubbock was a 5-6 team. The worst TCU team in the last 10 years. They got beat pretty bad by some other teams too. However, they came back the next year in the opener and beat your beloved Sooners and went 10-1. As for Texas last year, it was tied at the beginning of the 4th quarter and then got away from us because of turnovers. By the way, that was pretty much the second worst (8-5) team we've had in a while and we still hung tough. If we don't turn the ball over 4 times like we did against Texas, I like our chances.

That game "got away from you" because you managed 6 offensive points and half of Texas' offensive yards. It's not like Texas didn't turn the ball over, either.

OU_Sooners75
9/27/2008, 05:32 AM
Sorry if that wasn't clear enough for you numbnuts. What I meant was that if you win you ought to root for us to go 11-1.

Let me put it this way for you numbnuts....

TCU will be 11-1 before the bowl game. And their lone loss will come this Saturday!. But of course, the MWC is not that tough!

OU_Sooners75
9/27/2008, 05:33 AM
Good Luck Toad Fans.

The only thing I ask....

If you show up in my section, please show dignity. You will be shown plenty, even if the football gods laugh at us and allow the toads to win a game this year against a BCS Conf. Champ!

ousooners182
9/27/2008, 06:47 AM
its gameday. BOOOOOMER

angelo'sfrog
9/27/2008, 04:23 PM
But of course, the MWC is not that tough!

Tell that to the Pac-10. By the way, the Horned Frog fans will be most respectful if they win. I can promise you that. Their heads will explode but they'll be cool about.

Anyone see the Cincy score. Losing to Akron at half. So I guess the toughest opponent either of us has played is Stanford who beat ORST who beat somebody else but I can't remember who.

Good luck after tonight. The Horns look like they're going to be a beast this year.