PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Ryder Cup

The Maestro
9/18/2008, 04:53 PM
Just watched the opening ceremonies. Phil and Anthony Kim get the day started tomorrow...heard an interview with Azinger that Phil called requesting Kim, along with about five other players. The Americans seem to like his poise.

They go up against Padraig Harrington and Robert Karlsson.

Two Texas boys...Hunter Mahan and Justin Leonard go against Paul Casey and Henrik Stenson.

Stewart Cink and Chad Campbell face off against Justin Rose and Ian Poulter.

Final pairing...Jim Furyk and Kenny Perry up for the slaughter against Lee Westwood and Sergio Garcia. Those guys don't lose together.

That is the morning pairings. Kind of surprised to not see J.B. Holmes out there early to get the crowd into it more. We shall see if the Americans can compete. Everyone thinks the Euros are the overwhelming favorites due to experience. Experience? No more Colin, Nick and Seve. Their most experienced player is Lee Westwood.

Time for Anthony Kim to burst onto the scene, big time.

King Crimson
9/18/2008, 04:58 PM
Faldo getting a lot of criticism for passing over Monty. Euros only have one player over 40, Jimenez.

I've lost faith in Furyk as a "grinder" some. It would be nice to see Phil step up and put 3+ points on the board....not really counting on it though.

Zinger is rah rah USA guy so maybe he can light a fire.

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2008, 08:21 AM
Today will tell us if we care.

SoonerAcesUp
9/19/2008, 09:26 AM
This is absolutely one of my favorite golf events. I won't be getting much work done today while watching it online. The raucous crowds give it the feel of other fan-friendly sports.

SoonerAcesUp
9/19/2008, 10:39 AM
USA! USA! USA! Momentum in these matches seems to be on the side of the Americans right now. But it sure can switch in a hurry as it has done in the last hour.

King Crimson
9/19/2008, 12:20 PM
i just got home and am seeing the morning session highlights, right on AK.

Zinger's taste in team outfits>Hal Sutton's.

King Crimson
9/19/2008, 12:24 PM
ESPN needs to lay off the hyperbole, whoever the clown doing the match recaps just said "ten's of thousands of fans ringing this green" as Chad Campbell hits a nice approach. sorry, there weren't over 10,000 people around one green.

The Maestro
9/19/2008, 12:34 PM
Kenny Perry...maybe skipping major's helped you make the Ryder Cup, but missing those pressure moments didn't.

AK almost choked on 18, but big putt. You know the US is happy with a 3-1 lead. First time they have led after the first morning matches since 1991!!

King Crimson
9/19/2008, 12:53 PM
Phil and AK digging another big hole....

King Crimson
9/19/2008, 01:18 PM
JB Holmes and Boo Weekly together, classic.

AK stiffs it for eagle.

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2008, 02:18 PM
ESPN needs to lay off the hyperbole, whoever the clown doing the match recaps just said "ten's of thousands of fans ringing this green" as Chad Campbell hits a nice approach. sorry, there weren't over 10,000 people around one green.

I loathe ESPN.

They just did a promo for Gameday: SEC game, Mark Sanchez in the studio with live commentary and a big ND feature.

The ratings whoring is so incredibly blatant now I'm surprised the NCAA hasn't stepped in and ruled their collusion with suc and ND constitutes an unfair recruiting advantage. The thing that put me over the top was the two LA high school teams playing recently on ESPN2 with the broadcast intentionally showcasing suc commits.

Ok, sorry...back to golfs.

Paperclip
9/19/2008, 02:26 PM
The horn/aggie duo has been impressive today.

King Crimson
9/19/2008, 03:15 PM
I loathe ESPN.

They just did a promo for Gameday: SEC game, Mark Sanchez in the studio with live commentary and a big ND feature.

The ratings whoring is so incredibly blatant now I'm surprised the NCAA hasn't stepped in and ruled their collusion with suc and ND constitutes an unfair recruiting advantage. The thing that put me over the top was the two LA high school teams playing recently on ESPN2 with the broadcast intentionally showcasing suc commits.

Ok, sorry...back to golfs.

outside live action, i don't watch it, i don't read it on-line. ESPN is a joke.

it's all about market and population density. fannies in front of the TV. audiences they can sell to advertisers.

King Crimson
9/19/2008, 03:37 PM
2 birdies in a row for AK, kinda back in it.

King Crimson
9/19/2008, 03:52 PM
AK and Phil are money when down 3....

King Crimson
9/19/2008, 05:11 PM
pretty good stuff so far.

5-2 US.

Holmes and Weekley, 1 up.

StoopTroup
9/19/2008, 05:15 PM
Kim and Phil did well.

Justin Leonard's chip shot into the hole was awesome!

I like the crowd giving it up for Boo....LMAO!

The Maestro
9/19/2008, 05:30 PM
AK...not a bad day for a Ryder Cup Sooner rookie.

1.5 points. Teaming with Phil was great.

As a lefty golfer and a Sooner fan, could it have been better for me? I think not.

Hope Boo and John Holmes hold on. Lee Westwood's glares are getting old!

The Maestro
9/19/2008, 06:31 PM
Big day for the Americans leading 5.5 to 2.5. But if they tie, lose by .5 or lose by 1, remember the two matches where they went to 18 leading by 1 and out of the three drives they hit, all three went into the drink. All they needed was a tie both times and lost both times.

This could have very easily been 6.5 to 1.5 today. I hope they keep up the big mo tomorrow.

King Crimson
9/20/2008, 12:53 AM
i'm not usually big on "nationalism" and golf. i'd like to see good golf and the best players play great golf no matter who they are. as such, i'm a fan of the game more than a US first type guy. call me a commie whatever. when it comes to golf, i love the game...nationalism has very little to do with it.

that said, i'd really like to win it this year.

King Crimson
9/20/2008, 12:56 AM
some good stuff about Kim:

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news;_ylt=AnwWcjTMOSOKVHRdy5fMw0o5nYcB?slug=ma-philandkim091908&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Friday is a long way from Sunday, and so the Americans, as impressive as they were in the opening foursomes and fourballs, dropping only one of eight duels, haven’t clinched anything yet, and they know it.

When you’re 0 for the 21st century in this golf competition, overconfidence is not a problem.

Yet there is something different about this squad, and it is not the absence of Tiger Woods or the guidance of captain Paul Azinger. The difference is the emergence of a duo that could become the major reason the United States captures this Ryder Cup and other Ryder Cups to come.

Phil Mickelson and Anthony Kim are that good.
ADVERTISEMENT

They are so good they can spot the Europeans, who featured a guy who has seized the last two major championships (Padraig Harrington), three holes in both matches yet come back to halve one and win the other.

“I think we are going to be pretty tough to beat,” Kim said.

Ya think?

“We are having a great time out there,” he added, “and when you’re having a great time you’re going to play good golf.”

The combo works because Kim, 23, respects Lefty and Lefty, 38, feeds off Kim’s energy.

“I love playing with this guy,” said Mickelson, who had asked Azinger for the pairing. “It was fun for me to get that youthful exuberance today. It’s infectious. We played with a lot of heart and emotion.”

Kim is just what Mickelson needed. Mickelson has been a huge disappointment in this event, going 1-7-1 in his last two appearances.

Perhaps he has been wiped out from a summer of chasing majors – and Woods. Perhaps playing for Uncle Sam hasn’t fired him up like it did in his 20s.

Either way, it was a new Mickelson out there Friday. He made putts and fist pumps, and that was absolutely critical for the USA. Without Woods, it needed its star attraction to shine.

Speaking of stars, if there is anybody who knows anything about golf who doesn’t think this kid is going to be special – is special – that person has spent too much time at the 19th hole.

The latest believer is former U.S. Ryder Cup captain Curtis Strange, who followed Kim and Mickelson for a few holes in their afternoon match against Harrington and Soren Hansen. Strange had seen him on television but never in person.

“He is everything I’ve heard he is,” Strange said.

Equally impressed was another former captain, Ben Crenshaw.

“Youth doesn’t know how to miss,” Crenshaw said after Kim made an 8-footer for birdie at No. 7.

The significance of a good showing by Kim and Mickelson cannot be overstated.

“It’s always important,” Crenshaw said. “Once you see another outcome ahead of you, it has a psychological effect.”

For a while, though, it looked as if it might have the wrong effect. From 10 to 12, Mickelson and Kim lost three straight holes in the morning foursomes against Harrington and Robert Karlsson. Then, just as abruptly, they won three straight to square the match. If not for a poor Kim bunker shot at 18, they might have earned a full point. Still, gaining a halve after being 3 down was better than nothing.

In the afternoon, they got off to another bad start – 3 down after four this time. Again, they rallied in a hurry, winning the next two holes to be only 1 down.

Mickelson and Kim finally caught their opponents on the 13th hole and never trailed again, winning 2 up. A Mickelson birdie putt to win the 17th elicited another high five from Kim, who was pretty excited for much of the proceedings.

That type of animated behavior doesn’t always sit well with the other team. Exhibit A: Sergio Garcia.

Harrington, though, wasn’t complaining.

“Anthony, young fellow like that, he was enjoying it,” Harington said. “You get older, you don’t quite get into that, but it was good to see the excitement in him. … It’s not often we get a chance to get excited on the golf course, not often we feel that sort of tension.”

It will be the same way Saturday morning when Kim and Mickelson play together again, facing Henrik Stenson and Oliver Wilson. They almost surely will be paired in the afternoon as well.

While Justin Leonard and Hunter Mahan secured more points Friday, and Kentucky natives Kenny Perry and J.B. Holmes might have aroused more noise from the partisans, the Kim-Mickelson duo offers the United States the best chance to regain the Cup for the first time since the Miracle of Brookline in 1999.

To paraphrase Humphrey Bogart from “Casablanca,” this could be the start of a beautiful friendship.
Michael Arkush is an editor for Ya

King Crimson
9/20/2008, 01:03 AM
wow, just reading that Mickelson is 1-7-1 in his last 2 Ryder Cups.

that's terrible.

King Crimson
9/20/2008, 02:23 AM
if/when we start to take this one home...i'm going to post right now that Newbomb Turk is the antithesis of a US win. he's anti-american and a commie. at the same time.

i have emails from this guy who pretends to like fake, super grass events like the Masters....but, deep down, he only likes links golf.

King Crimson
9/20/2008, 08:17 AM
Mickelson when playing well is either or close to being the best player in the Cup.

if he continues to play well, we can win. i don't think Phil will win another major (maybe the PGA)...so this could be a great way to cap a career. Ryder Cup guy.

King Crimson
9/20/2008, 10:14 AM
our guys are blowing leads this AM.

GrapevineSooner
9/20/2008, 11:12 AM
Well, Mickelson and Kim certainly spit the bit this morning in blowing a four hole lead early on.

Oh well, at least Furyk and Perry showed no carryover effects from their yack job yesterday and Leonard and Mahan will scratch out at least half a point against McDowell and Jimenez.

GrapevineSooner
9/20/2008, 11:26 AM
And the Mickelson/Kim collapse is complete.

In other news, Weekley and Holmes go up against Westwood and Hansen in an effort clearly meant to pull Lee "I'm having my period" Westwood off his game.

Scott D
9/20/2008, 11:30 AM
and Leonard and Kim get left off the afternoon crews while manboobs gets to go out and try to choke away another point.

GrapevineSooner
9/20/2008, 11:32 AM
And once again, one of our pairings can't hold a one hole lead on the 18th as Leonard and Mahan allow the Euros to win the hole and halve the match.

That's 1 1/2 points we've given away there through this competition.

GrapevineSooner
9/20/2008, 11:43 AM
A big, 'Thanks, we needed that.'

King Crimson
9/20/2008, 12:38 PM
i've never been a big fan of Ben Curtis (the NFL contract is pretty "gay")...but he's got some game.

birddog
9/20/2008, 01:32 PM
so what's the latest? are we still in good shape?

King Crimson
9/20/2008, 01:37 PM
so what's the latest? are we still in good shape?

did not do so well in the AM matches today, 7-5 now.

we are looking good in the PM matches, but have to close the deal. Zinger sat Kim, and Phil is sucking.

it's all kind of window dressing until the singles. but a 3-4 point lead would do a lot. momentum is still kind of Euro.

Phil and Kim blew a 4 up lead and lost a point.

GrapevineSooner
9/20/2008, 02:08 PM
I'd have to think that Nick Faldo would gladly take a two point deficit going into tomorrow's singles after sitting Westwood and Garcia during the AM sessions, since it would mean they'd only need 7 points tomorrow to retain the Cup.

r5TPsooner
9/20/2008, 02:11 PM
Look on the bright side fellas, at least the American team manned up for more than a few minutes this year.

Mickelson's career is just about done. He'll hang around the top ten for another year or two, winning a turney here and there, but he'll NEVAR win a major again.

Don't even talk about his Ryder Cup record. Also, there is NO excuse for him and Kim blowing a FOUR shot lead today!!!

NO.

EXCUSE.

WHATSOEVER.

King Crimson
9/20/2008, 03:14 PM
Ryder Cup is not stroke play, blowing a 4 up lead in match play is much worse.

i'm just fuggin with you.

GrapevineSooner
9/20/2008, 04:43 PM
Westwood misses a 10 footer on 17 to give Holmes and Weekey a 2 and 1 win.

Meanwhile, Mick's team has blown another 2 hole lead.

Suffice to say, if I'm Azinger, I pit Boo up against Westwood if I can tomorrow. :D

OUthunder
9/20/2008, 04:46 PM
Westwood misses a 10 footer on 17 to give Holmes and Weekey a 2 and 1 win.

Meanwhile, Mick's team has blown another 2 hole lead.

Suffice to say, if I'm Azinger, I pit Boo up against Westwood if I can tomorrow. :D

Meanwhile Choker and Mahan give another hole away on an ez putt.

soonerinabilene
9/20/2008, 05:11 PM
Holmes' driver was unreal today. That 596 par five that he landed 3 feet from on his second shot with a 6 iron was unbelievable.

King Crimson
9/21/2008, 11:10 AM
Kim and Sergio first out the box this AM.

The Maestro
9/21/2008, 11:24 AM
AK within two feet on the first two holes. What a badass for a rookie...AND a Sooner!

I hope he keeps it up and beats Sergio to start...that would be awesome!

This is gonna be a good day...

Lott's Bandana
9/21/2008, 11:30 AM
If Kim's putter works today...

The Maestro
9/21/2008, 11:45 AM
I like Zinger's strategy...go win the cup as quickly as possible. Front loaded with your Type A guys...good analogy by Johnny Miller.

The Maestro
9/21/2008, 11:50 AM
Kim's first four holes?

3-3-3-3. Three of the holes are par 4's. Not bad for a Ryder Cup rookie!

So at what OU game this year will they honor him at halftime?!

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2008, 12:16 PM
Kim is trying to call BS on Sergio getting a drop.

I agree with Kim - no way Sergio should get a drop from that stance.

The Maestro
9/21/2008, 12:16 PM
WTF is a Euro judge doing telling Sergio that is a normal stance?!?!

AK wasn't buying it...this is the Ryder Cup in America...let American judges be out there! No one stands with their left foot that far back unless they are 85!

I love AK's reaction...do what you gotta do!

King Crimson
9/21/2008, 12:17 PM
Kim is trying to call BS on Sergio getting a drop.

I agree with Kim - no way Sergio should get a drop from that stance.

that was pretty interesting.

Lott's Bandana
9/21/2008, 12:20 PM
:O Boo on his horse.:O

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2008, 12:21 PM
:O Boo on his horse.:O

:D

I like the "new blood" on this US team.

The Maestro
9/21/2008, 12:27 PM
Just wait in two years when this team has that Woods fella in Wales! :)

Tiger, Phil, Mahan, Kim, Weekley, Leonard and Holmes...good place to start!

King Crimson
9/21/2008, 12:29 PM
Just wait in two years when this team has that Woods fella in Wales! :)

Tiger, Phil, Mahan, Kim, Weekley, Leonard and Holmes...good place to start!

I'll bet there's a good chance Sean O'Hair is on that team.

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2008, 12:34 PM
I'll bet there's a good chance Sean O'Hair is on that team.

the way I played yesterday, I just might make that team too.

;)

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2008, 12:36 PM
haha

Sergio is wet!

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2008, 12:37 PM
haha

Sergio is wet!

x2

:D

King Crimson
9/21/2008, 12:38 PM
haha

Sergio is wet!

and crowd cheers.

Anthony is fired up.

GrapevineSooner
9/21/2008, 12:38 PM
SERGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOO

GrapevineSooner
9/21/2008, 12:43 PM
AK just gave him an opening to get back to within 1.

GrapevineSooner
9/21/2008, 12:46 PM
Meanwhile, Leonard just fell to 2 down against the hot Karlsson.

GrapevineSooner
9/21/2008, 12:50 PM
Nice putting, Sergio.

King Crimson
9/21/2008, 12:51 PM
this pretty fun, you get to kinda pull for the Sooners and the US and hate a little on Sergio all at the same time.

birddog
9/21/2008, 01:04 PM
this is my favorite golf event/tourney, however you want to term it. the crowd can actually get into it and it carries over to the players.

great stuff.

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2008, 01:26 PM
this pretty fun, you get to kinda pull for the Sooners and the US and hate a little on Sergio all at the same time.

absolutely.

I don't mind Sergio in the regular events, but he has been a thorn in the side of the US for quite some time. I can't stand him as a Euro in the Ryder Cup.

King Crimson
9/21/2008, 01:30 PM
Kim refuses to concede 4 footer, which Sergio misses.

OUthunder
9/21/2008, 01:30 PM
Sergio looks like he's pouting.

Phil is a choker. I haven't seen him make a putt this weekend.

GrapevineSooner
9/21/2008, 01:31 PM
Nice putting, Sergio.

X2

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2008, 01:33 PM
Kim refuses to concede 4 footer, which Sergio misses.

I don't think Serg and Kim are going out for beers after this match.

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2008, 01:34 PM
gotta give the aggy Mahan some props. He has played some good golf.

OUthunder
9/21/2008, 01:35 PM
I don't think Serg and Kim are going out for beers after this match.

I used to be a mild supporter/fan of Sergio. But this year has rapidly changed my mind as I see him as a whiney little brat that thinks that the golf god's have turned on him.

OUthunder
9/21/2008, 01:37 PM
Westwood is a ***** btw. I mean, you're moaning and groaning about Boo whipping the crowd into a frenzy.

The Euro's are such dickwads, especially Poulter. I hate that guy.

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2008, 01:38 PM
thunder - be glad I didn't invite you golfing yesterday. The greens at Cimarron Trails were horrible. Dead spots all over the place.

King Crimson
9/21/2008, 01:39 PM
I don't mind Serge too much, but he's failed to close the deal enough that he's an easy target. plus he's a bad putter (by these guys standards)....and like missed free throws that's just something i can't abide.

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2008, 01:40 PM
Zinger is awesome.

I've always liked him.

OUthunder
9/21/2008, 01:41 PM
thunder - be glad I didn't invite you golfing yesterday. The greens at Cimarron Trails were horrible. Dead spots all over the place.

Sounds like Surrey Hills. The best part about that golf course is that it'll lower your index.

King Crimson
9/21/2008, 01:43 PM
i played in a couple high school tournaments at Surrey. that's place is so rinky dink with OB everywhere.

OUthunder
9/21/2008, 01:44 PM
I can see missing putts, but a professional golfer missing anything inside ten feet just amazes me.

Kinda like Man Boobs the last two days.

BTW, Leonard left his good putter at home today. He's missed two putts today that appeared to be inside 5feet.

OUthunder
9/21/2008, 01:45 PM
i played in a couple high school tournaments at Surrey. that's place is so rinky dink with OB everywhere.

Yep, and there's that gimmicky hold on #2 or #3. Totally stoopid. My wife looked at me like, WTF? We ended uo skipping it and going on to the next hole.

Great place to play for a confidence boost tho.

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2008, 01:45 PM
Sounds like Surrey Hills. The best part about that golf course is that it'll lower your index.

Surrey's greens always suck. I was surprised how bad Cimarron was though.

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2008, 01:46 PM
Yep, and there's that gimmicky hold on #2 or #3. Totally stoopid. My wife looked at me like, WTF? We ended uo skipping it and going on to the next hole.

#3 - the par 5?

yeah - that hole sucks.

OUthunder
9/21/2008, 01:47 PM
I need to play Belmar before the ice storms come a callin. My back is ready I think.

Not sure about the knee though.

OUthunder
9/21/2008, 01:49 PM
#3 - the par 5?

yeah - that hole sucks.

I think so? The green looked like sheep had grazed it all week. I took one look at that and rolled my eyes.

At least keep the greens looking nice, that's my motto. I've walked of courses before due to the condition they were in. I never asked for a refund, I just never go back. If you don't take pride in your golf course, why would you take pride in your clientele?

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2008, 01:50 PM
BTW, Leonard left his good putter at home today. He's missed two putts today that appeared to be inside 5feet.

he is getting waxed.

Newbomb Turk
I am so sick of that Euro chant thing their fans do.

OUthunder
he is getting waxed.

I've met him... he's a doosh.

OUthunder
9/21/2008, 01:51 PM
I am so sick of that Euro chant thing their fans do.

I want to hear a Sergio sucks chant soon.

King Crimson
9/21/2008, 01:52 PM

one of the first few holes there i over club like 8 iron instead of 9, ball lands pin high takes a big bounce and just goes off the back a little. we get up there and it's about 5 feet off the green but out of bounds. they've chalked OB about 3 feet over the green.

by the back nine i was hitting the equivalent of pooch punts/knock down shots to every green. i seem to remember some of the holes have like 80 degree doglegs.

I wouldn't even know how you play there with today's drivers and whatnot. hit 5 iron off every tee?

Kim is unconscious.

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2008, 01:54 PM
I've met him... he's a doosh.

he's a whorn.

:texan:

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2008, 01:58 PM
one of the first few holes there i over club like 8 iron instead of 9

did you fire your caddie?

OUthunder
9/21/2008, 01:58 PM
one of the first few holes there i over club like 8 iron instead of 9, ball lands pin high takes a big bounce and just goes off the back a little. we get up there and it's about 5 feet off the green but out of bounds. they've chalked OB about 3 feet over the green.

by the back nine i was hitting the equivalent of pooch punts/knock down shots to every green. i seem to remember some of the holes have like 80 degree doglegs.

I wouldn't even know how you play there with today's drivers and whatnot. hit 5 iron off every tee?

Kim is unconscious.

When I played there last year I was hitting woods off the tee and a wedge to the green.

It was like childs play. Of course, that's before the back injury. I was straight and long all day it seemed. Except for #10 where lightning struck about a mile behind us in my back swing and I pulled it OB into the woods.

I went to play my 3rd shot and saw another lightning strike and we headed to the car. I couldn't believe that place was semi-private. For the money, I'd rather join Quail or (gulp!) The Greens.

Not worth losing your life on a crappy course.:D

King Crimson
9/21/2008, 02:08 PM
I went to play my 3rd shot and saw another lightning strike and we headed to the car. I couldn't believe that place was semi-private. For the money, I'd rather join Quail or (gulp!) The Greens.

Not worth losing your life on a crappy course.:D

that's funny, the closest i ever got to lightning was also on a very bad golf course here in Boulder. it's not terrible, it's always in pretty good shape....but punishingly flat and all the par 4's are the same hole. slight dogleg, two fairway bunkers, 2 greenside bunkers. not a lot of variation.

i was thought Quail Creek was a bit of drudgery to play.

Sergio kind of drama queen.

Perry really came over that drive, you could see his shoulders swivel. wow. that was ugly.

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2008, 02:08 PM
things getting a bit more interesting now.

King Crimson
9/21/2008, 02:09 PM
turn out the lights Sergio.

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2008, 02:10 PM
the handshake between AK and sergio was more friendly than I thought it would be.

King Crimson
9/21/2008, 02:43 PM
starting to tighten up some.

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2008, 02:55 PM
starting to tighten up some.

of course I want the US to win, but this event is fun when it's close on Sunday.

GrapevineSooner
9/21/2008, 03:07 PM
You'll see that Mahan putt about 100 times today. :D

King Crimson
9/21/2008, 03:25 PM
Kenny Perry's dad wearing overalls out to the Ryder Cup. that's great.

King Crimson
9/21/2008, 03:56 PM
Curtis wins two holes in a row to battle back to all square with Lee Westwood.

King Crimson
9/21/2008, 04:00 PM
Curtis wins two holes in a row to battle back to all square with Lee Westwood.

spoke too soon, Westwood makes birdie to go back up one.

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2008, 04:04 PM
JB Holmes should really just go ahead and swing the club - he holds back too much.

GrapevineSooner
9/21/2008, 04:19 PM
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2008, 04:19 PM
good jorb USA.

I'da never thunk it.

Sooner98
9/21/2008, 04:22 PM
Woot!

Petro-Sooner
9/21/2008, 04:28 PM
YAAAAY

OUthunder
9/21/2008, 04:32 PM
good jorb USA.

I'da never thunk it.

I'm stunned but in a good way. I'm even more happy that they did it without Eldrick.

BTW, Sergio showed a lot of class at the end there. Kudos to him.

I think I'll drink a glass of American made bourbon in there honor.

tulsaoilerfan
9/21/2008, 04:34 PM
Phil should be barred from further Ryder Cup play; the rooks saved his *** this weekend.

OUthunder
9/21/2008, 04:37 PM
Phil should be barred from further Ryder Cup play; the rooks saved his *** this weekend.

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. He and Stricker both stunk up the joint today.

Phil hasn't putted woth the sh*t this year.

Stricker, you kind of expect him to choke.

I'm still pulling for Curtis though in his match. I've always liked him for some reason.

BTW, Boo is the new and much improved John Daly.

King Crimson
9/21/2008, 04:47 PM
Nice answer about the Saturday in Norman, AK.

GrapevineSooner
9/21/2008, 04:47 PM
Nice political answer, AK. :D

lexsooner
9/21/2008, 05:11 PM
Yup. The announcer and AK gave a shout out to OU football. Man, if only my handicap was 30 strokes lower, . . . . . :-) USA!!!!!!!

birddog
9/21/2008, 06:01 PM
Nice answer about the Saturday in Norman, AK.

can i get a little more than that please? i missed it.

King Crimson
9/21/2008, 06:04 PM
the crowd was making a lot of noise as the official celebration was underway. the announcer said it was really loud and asked Kim if it was as loud as a Saturday in Norman and AK said: "i like them both a lot".

Lott's Bandana
9/21/2008, 06:40 PM
That was fun to watch. With the exception of Sergio and PhilMick, nobody really played bad and the matches were all competitive. Great point about winning without Le Tigre'. Makes it even sweeter.

snp
9/21/2008, 07:07 PM
So proud of my friend AK right now! Way to kick some ****ing *** this weekend!

Boomer.....
9/21/2008, 07:13 PM
Great playing by most of the USA team! AK really stepped up this weekend. Very exciting and emotional golf.

lexsooner
9/21/2008, 07:58 PM
So proud of my friend AK right now! Way to kick some ****ing *** this weekend!

Who is his girlfriend? Pretty hot, IMO.

snp
9/21/2008, 08:54 PM
Who is his girlfriend? Pretty hot, IMO.

Edit: removed her name. She used to work at the Athletic Department here at OU. Big time Sooner fan as well.