PDA

View Full Version : Wow...Granger Controversy on Yahoo Frontpage

boomersooner28
9/18/2008, 08:54 AM
http://www.yahoo.com/

Featured column and rivals video clips.

Leroy Lizard
9/18/2008, 09:10 AM
Controversy has surrounded the Granger injury in Norman, but Stoops didn't throw any blame toward the Huskies or their players on Tuesday.

"Three guys didn't go and say, 'Hey we're going to twist his ankle,'" said Stoops. "He got caught in the turf and you get double-teamed in there and that happens sometimes. There isn't anyone here whining or complaining about anything."

Actually, the the triple team was probably orchestrated by the three players involved. The fact that a punch was thrown indicates that the players deliberately intended to hurt Granger.

CK Sooner
9/18/2008, 09:11 AM
I just was about to post that.

Maybe something will be done with all this exposure...

Spek.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/18/2008, 09:34 AM
It's rare that anything good happens when we play the pac 10.

BoulderSooner79
9/18/2008, 10:16 AM
It's unfortunate to see this kind of behavior in the sport from any team against any other team. I'm guessing both coaches addressed it at half-time since there were not any further incidents. But the damage is done and it could cost Granger $$$ in a future draft and it could cost OU a critical game down the road. All because these UW players were upset about getting whipped on the scoreboard. You can't convince me it was about he previous play.

CK Sooner
9/18/2008, 10:31 AM
It's unfortunate to see this kind of behavior in the sport from any team against any other team. I'm guessing both coaches addressed it at half-time since there were not any further incidents. But the damage is done and it could cost Granger $$$ in a future draft and it could cost OU a critical game down the road. All because these UW players were upset about getting whipped on the scoreboard. You can't convince me it was about he previous play.

I really think it was a mixture of both.

It was pretty pathetic though.

Hot Rod
9/18/2008, 10:31 AM
Here's what sucks about it as well....

The Sooners will now turn to unproven and inexperienced players to replace Granger in the rotation. Gerald McCoy, Adrian Taylor and senior Cory Bennett provide a solid nucleus, and junior Cordero Moore replaced Granger in the four-man rotation on Saturday. The Sooners could ask freshmen Stacey McGee or Casey Walker to give up their redshirt season to provide depth throughout the remainder of the 2008 campaign.

rainiersooner
9/18/2008, 10:32 AM
The Husky line are a bunch of thugs. Enjoy another losing season.

CK Sooner
9/18/2008, 10:33 AM
Here's what sucks about it as well....

The coaches said that they aren't going to pull any redshirts because of it.

CK Sooner
9/18/2008, 10:33 AM
The Husky line are a bunch of thugs. Enjoy another losing season.

And a few more to come...

:D

AZSOONER
9/18/2008, 10:35 AM
The part about it I think is being overlooked is it really wasn't a cheap shot by Granger, the ball moved and he fired off, wasn't his fault the o lineman stood still and got drilled.

BoulderSooner79
9/18/2008, 10:38 AM
I really think it was a mixture of both.

It was pretty pathetic though.

Yeah, it gave them an excuse. But I can't see that happening in a close game as they risked a 15 yard penalty as well as a big negative play. If one guy is triple teamed, someone else is running free. They just didn't care because the outcome of the game had been decided.

Widescreen
9/18/2008, 10:40 AM
We may never see Granger again with his tendency to not workout during the offseason. How out of shape is he going to be after this is over? I hope he's learned to keep at it.

CK Sooner
9/18/2008, 10:42 AM
We may never see Granger again with his tendency to not workout during the offseason. How out of shape is he going to be after this is over? I hope he's learned to keep at it.

Agree'd.

If he wants the Money he will have to step it up during and after this injury is healed.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/18/2008, 10:47 AM
Those low rent morons let their qb get blown up on that play to get revenge....

Scott D
9/18/2008, 11:04 AM

And they weren't going to pull Marcus Walker's redshirt during his freshman year either...then the Collie Station game happened.

soonersam
9/18/2008, 11:12 AM
http://www.rivals.com/video.asp?section=football&pkey=&vidtype=publisher&vidid=6293

Hot Rod
9/18/2008, 11:25 AM

Cool. Didn't know that had been said.

CK Sooner
9/18/2008, 11:28 AM
Cool. Didn't know that had been said.

Yep.

I don't remember where I read it though.
:D

CK Sooner
9/18/2008, 11:34 AM
And they weren't going to pull Marcus Walker's redshirt during his freshman year either...then the Collie Station game happened.

We have good depth, unless someone else gets injured we are all good.

olevetonahill
9/18/2008, 11:35 AM
AS reported By our Very Own Carey. :cool:

jwlynn64
9/18/2008, 11:36 AM
After reviewing the play for the 100th or so time, when it is shown from the wide angle, it looks like his foot got caught under him when they were pushing him when he was already on the ground and trying to get up.

Hopefully he will have a speedy recovery and get back on the field.

MojoRisen
9/18/2008, 11:49 AM
Stoops said in an interview that he would not pull any Rshirts because they simply were not ready to play.

I guess we will find out in a couple of days if Granger elects to have surgery - if so he is gone for the year. If he can hold off - perhaps he could be back in 4-5 weeks.

JLEW1818
9/18/2008, 11:50 AM
RAts

IronHorseSooner
9/18/2008, 11:53 AM
In the article, I liked McCoy's response about "how one of their brothers went down." To me, McCoy is the Defensive Tim Tebow- a class act on and off the field. We have enough talent and experience on the D-Line to compensate, even though we lose a great D-Lineman. Even though the coaches are not saying anything publicly, and moving on with what could be a historic season, I wonder if Coach Stoops called Coach Willingham about this. I wonder if Coach Willingham will do anything to those players. One of them, I think the center, was mentioned as growing up a thug.

The Maestro
9/18/2008, 11:55 AM
Well, if our offense keeps scoring like it is I prefer we try to make it work with the 3 DT's we have...especially since our ends our so good and our LB's have good speed to help out if the DT's get beat from time to time.

The Maestro
9/18/2008, 12:29 PM
Just watching the playback...Stoops said Cordero Moore would be the 4th DT in there so I wouldn't expect any burned redshirts.

rondog79
9/18/2008, 12:44 PM
i say let granger fight those guys one on one he would beat their a$$es lol

Monster Zero
9/18/2008, 06:02 PM

What it was about was DeMarcus whuppin their center's butt ALL DAY. That's where all the low snaps to their QB were coming from, and that's what they were really retaliating for, and they didn't seem to mind that it got their QB drilled. Low class em efs.

Statalyzer
9/18/2008, 06:19 PM
The part about it I think is being overlooked is it really wasn't a cheap shot by Granger, the ball moved and he fired off, wasn't his fault the o lineman stood still and got drilled.

Nobody can know this for sure, but it's highly unlikely you would be saying this if a UW player did it to one of your OL members.

All because these UW players were upset about getting whipped on the scoreboard. You can't convince me it was about he previous play.

I'm sure it had something to do with the previous play. UW was getting their butts whipped all game long, but they just happened to make a collective effort to go after one individual player for that reason alone, and it's total coincidence that this one player just got a flag for a personal foul on the previous play? Makes no sense.

Before anybody jumps on me, I'm saying that was the obvious reason, not that it was a good justification, or that it was intelligent. If I was Locker I'd be pretty pissed at my line for putting their personal revenge above actually blocking for me.

Scott D
9/18/2008, 08:40 PM
Before anybody jumps on me, I'm saying that was the obvious reason, not that it was a good justification, or that it was intelligent. If I was Locker I'd be pretty pissed at my line for putting their personal revenge above actually blocking for me.

Locker didn't have time to be pissed, since that line has barely blocked for him in 3 games this season.

BoulderSooner79
9/18/2008, 09:14 PM
Nobody can know this for sure, but it's highly unlikely you would be saying this if a UW player did it to one of your OL members.

I'm sure it had something to do with the previous play. UW was getting their butts whipped all game long, but they just happened to make a collective effort to go after one individual player for that reason alone, and it's total coincidence that this one player just got a flag for a personal foul on the previous play? Makes no sense.

I'm not jumpin you. I'm just saying that play was nothing to get pissed about; it happens pretty frequently on false starts. If the game were competitive, the reaction of the UW players would have been glee to get the free 15 yards and 1st down. They reacted the way they did because of frustration at getting physically beaten as well as whipped on the scoreboard. It was an excuse to act out like toddlers throwing a tantrum.

ousooners182
9/18/2008, 10:18 PM
yeah we have good freaking depth..but adrian taylor isnt much of the run stopper we need like granger but we will be fine..hopefully he can come back by the tech game or at least big12 champ vs. mizzou and bowl

cheezyq
9/18/2008, 10:30 PM
I'm not jumpin you. I'm just saying that play was nothing to get pissed about; it happens pretty frequently on false starts. If the game were competitive, the reaction of the UW players would have been glee to get the free 15 yards and 1st down. They reacted the way they did because of frustration at getting physically beaten as well as whipped on the scoreboard. It was an excuse to act out like toddlers throwing a tantrum.

That....and the fact that they're just a bunch of low rent thugs.

;)

goingoneight
9/18/2008, 11:14 PM
What it was about was DeMarcus whuppin their center's butt ALL DAY. That's where all the low snaps to their QB were coming from, and that's what they were really retaliating for, and they didn't seem to mind that it got their QB drilled. Low class em efs.

I'd believe this if I didn't see Washington's center suck for all of three games now. One wouldn't think snapping the ball would be too hard, right?

KingDavid
9/19/2008, 12:26 PM
I would be willing to place a small wager that someone from the OL has been tapped (or will be, especially if DG can't return/recover) to start taking some reps at defensive tackle. We have crazy depth at OL, and could easily spare a back-up to play the gap-clogger/run-stuffer roll in certain down/distance scenarios. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see someone from the OL (like a Loadholdt, Braxton, Robinson, Good, or Simmons) sneak in there on a goal-line stand.

UTgolfer
9/19/2008, 12:31 PM
I've seen a number of replays but still haven't seen one that shows how he injured his foot. Anyone got a video link showing that?