PDA

View Full Version : Look at this voter's ballot!! WTF?

Lott's Bandana
9/17/2008, 07:34 PM
Do ya think there isn't some manipulation going on here? I haven't checked, but just mebbe he's a Misery grad?

Yes, this is Week 3's vote!

Jon Wilner
San Jose Mercury News (Newspaper)
San Jose, California

1. Missouri
2. ALABAMA
3. EAST CAROLINA
4. Florida
5. USC
6. OU
7. Georgia
8. OHIO STATE
9. Tech
10. Penn State
11. USF
12. Wisconsin

And so on...

http://pollspeak.com/pollstalker/pollstalker.php?r=V&s=5&p=9&w=3&t1=20&t2=3&v=35

CK Sooner
9/17/2008, 07:35 PM
Dude is an idiot, straight up.

bluedogok
9/17/2008, 07:37 PM
Missouri journalism grad?

Lott's Bandana
9/17/2008, 08:23 PM
Missouri journalism grad?

I dunno, but I looked around a bit and found out he is always like this.

Some forums have posts from mid last year screaming about this idjit.

OK2LA
9/17/2008, 08:29 PM
Do ya think there isn't some manipulation going on here? I haven't checked, but just mebbe he's a Misery grad?

Yes, this is Week 3's vote!

Jon Wilner
San Jose Mercury News (Newspaper)
San Jose, California

1. Missouri
2. ALABAMA
3. EAST CAROLINA
4. Florida
5. USC
6. OU
7. Georgia
8. OHIO STATE
9. Tech
10. Penn State
11. USF
12. Wisconsin

And so on...

http://pollspeak.com/pollstalker/pollstalker.php?r=V&s=5&p=9&w=3&t1=20&t2=3&v=35

Yep. You fell for his ploy - get people talking about his worthless poll in the 3rd week of the season.

Maybe you should add him to your favorites?

Lott's Bandana
9/17/2008, 08:34 PM
Freakin California Asshat.

Rogue
9/17/2008, 08:36 PM
Meh. At this point in the season, you can shake up about any of the top 5 or 6 and make a case for any order you put 'em in.

Lott's Bandana
9/17/2008, 08:44 PM
But Rogue....East Carolina and Alabama. This guy apparently has a history, fancies himself as a....

Rogue.

Curly Bill
9/17/2008, 08:58 PM
Damn Rogues! :mad:

;)

:D

oumartin
9/17/2008, 09:29 PM
he has a gripe with East Carolina, if you look at traditionally good teams over the past 5 years or so East Carolinas wins are the most impressive of anyone this year. Kicking Va Tech and W. Virginia back to back..
Maybe they should be #1 instead of 3

Rogue
9/17/2008, 09:41 PM
He's no troll of mine! :mad:

Rock Hard Corn Frog
9/17/2008, 09:44 PM
he has a gripe with East Carolina, if you look at traditionally good teams over the past 5 years or so East Carolinas wins are the most impressive of anyone this year. Kicking Va Tech and W. Virginia back to back..
Maybe they should be #1 instead of 3

Therough the first 2 weeks you might have a case but struggling to beat Tulane doesn't help.

This voter makes you wonder the criteria for having a vote.

Leroy Lizard
9/17/2008, 09:52 PM
I cannot think of many arguments for placing OU over Missouri, to tell the truth. And East Carolina should be ranked in the top 4, maybe#2.

Now, if you want to be influenced by how the teams did last year, that's another story. But right now East Carolina and USC have the most impressive records so far in the season. OU and Missouri are about even-Steven.

boomersooner28
9/17/2008, 11:33 PM
Interesting. I just took a peak at a few other ballots and they are interesting to say the least. Craig James still has Ohio St. at #4, and Kirk Herbstreit has Cal #9???? They just lost to unranked Maryland.

Collier11
9/17/2008, 11:54 PM
I cannot think of many arguments for placing OU over Missouri, to tell the truth. And East Carolina should be ranked in the top 4, maybe#2.

OU started the season ranked higher, beat them twice last yr with largely the same team this season, and have been very impressive thus far...ECU top 4 and maybe #2 is funny , ECU should be top 10 no doubt at this point but that high is just silly

Now, if you want to be influenced by how the teams did last year, that's another story. But right now East Carolina and USC have the most impressive records so far in the season. OU and Missouri are about even-Steven.

Now based on early season success I would agree that ECU and Usuc have the best wins so far but you are supposed to base your rankings(especially top 5) on who are the best 5 teams in the country and ECU is not one of the top 5 in the country

Collier11
9/17/2008, 11:57 PM
Just in case you ask what 5 teams are better than ECU; usuc, ou, texas, mizzou, tech, georgia, florida, byu, and lsu are all better. I can also name about 10 other teams that would have a toss up game with them

ousooners182
9/18/2008, 12:21 AM
Hmmm. wow lol

no comment on that guy..
obviously he's been sitting in his room drinking a little bit to much robitussin

Widescreen
9/18/2008, 01:09 AM
The beautiful thing is that the AP poll is irrelevant to the BCS.

Leroy Lizard
9/18/2008, 01:29 AM
OU started the season ranked higher, beat them twice last yr with largely the same team this season, and have been very impressive thus far...ECU top 4 and maybe #2 is funny , ECU should be top 10 no doubt at this point but that high is just silly

I don't see why. They have played tougher talent than OU and have the same record. OU's wins have been more impressiive, but against inferior teams.

tommieharris91
9/18/2008, 01:39 AM
I think both OU and Mizzou should be in the top 3. They'll settle it on the gridiron if they have to.

KingBarry
9/18/2008, 07:05 AM
I don't see why. They have played tougher talent than OU and have the same record. OU's wins have been more impressiive, but against inferior teams.

I guess it`s a question of philosophy. Most poll readers think you should vote for which team you think is best, in other words, which team you think would win if they played each other.

If you really think that ECU would beat OU, then ECU should be ranked higher.

You are arguing that the team that has played and defeated the best teams should be highest ranked.

At the end of the year, these two philosophies should converge, but this early the "who beat the best" theory could produce some strange outcomes based on one or two "upsets" of teams that were simply overrated.

fossil
9/18/2008, 08:35 AM
Meh. At this point in the season, you can shake up about any of the top 5 or 6 and make a case for any order you put 'em in.

:confused: ROGUE, just curious. What "meh" means?

Leroy Lizard
9/18/2008, 09:21 AM
If you really think that ECU would beat OU, then ECU should be ranked higher.

Strictly speaking, I have no way of knowing. Does anyone in here?

At the end of the year, these two philosophies should converge, but this early the "who beat the best" theory could produce some strange outcomes based on one or two "upsets" of teams that were simply overrated.

If Akron beats USC and they have identical records otherwise, then an argument that Akron should be ranked above USC would make sense. I am not sure that I would rank it that way, but I could certainly understand why someone would. I certainly would not call it ridiculous.

Collier11
9/18/2008, 10:01 AM

OU started out ranked higher because they won the Big 12 last yr and returned most of their team, I would argue that Cincy is equal to Illinois which is the best team that Mizzou has beaten and Illinois barely beat ULL last week. Obviously it is early in the season but Mizzou also gave up 42 to Illinois when ULL held them to 20

Collier11
9/18/2008, 10:04 AM
If Akron beats USC and they have identical records otherwise, then an argument that Akron should be ranked above USC would make sense. I am not sure that I would rank it that way, but I could certainly understand why someone would. I certainly would not call it ridiculous.

That is a 1 out of 999,000 scenario you just spelled out and in that case I would imagine usc would be an average team unlike the one they have had nearly all decade

To argue against your argument, colorado beat OU last year in a game where we built a 17 pt lead and blew it on the road but CU was not the better team, they played a much better game but OU was far superior to CU last yr

HuskerPower
9/18/2008, 12:20 PM
At least all those teams deserve to be ranked... someone show me the names of the idiots who ranked Florida State after a 7-6 season and beating two mid level 1-aa teams. wow.

PDXsooner
9/18/2008, 01:30 PM
it looks like he's voting based on what teams have done so far, what's the problem with that?

1. Missouri - beat ranked illinois
2. ALABAMA - beat top ten clemson
3. EAST CAROLINA - beat TWO ranked teams
4. Florida -
5. USC - beat ohio state
6. OU

doesn't seem that unreasonable to me

stoopified
9/18/2008, 03:26 PM
That is the same paer Skip Bayless works for.Maybe has been sniffing Skip's whiteout and the fumes are affecting his brain.