PDA

View Full Version : UFC Fight Night thread *Spike*

Big Red Ron
9/17/2008, 06:13 PM
Nate Diaz vs. Josh Neer

Mac Danzig vs. Clay Guida

Alan Belcher vs. Ed Herman

Anyone have an opinion on Belcher, I've never seen him fight. I have a feeling that Ed Herman may be very good someday.

Big Red Ron
9/17/2008, 07:22 PM
Wow, the hometown Nebraska dude got his *** whooped.

Big Red Ron
9/17/2008, 08:34 PM
Well, Ed lost in a split decision. Seemed like the judges gave credit to the stand-up more than the ground game in that one. I just don't like the scoring sometimes.

Guida's fight was similar over Danzig. Weird scoring, almost the same fight! Different results.

Clay Guida is a stud. I think he'll be ready for BJ Penn after 2 or 3 more tune up fights.

Boomer.....
9/18/2008, 07:37 AM
Houston Alexander is a one trick pony. He'll either knock you out early with a punch or knee or get beat on the ground.

Guida was impressive.

Nate Diaz vs Neer was a good fight. Very even but Diaz was just too slippery.

tbl
9/18/2008, 09:48 AM
That was like the night of decisions... Kind of frustrating. Clay Guida is one of my faves, but he just couldn't inflict any damage on Danzig when he got him down (which was quite often). I think that was mostly due to Danzigs great work off his back, but Guida typically does a lay and pray style with flurry's of dropping bombs in between. This time he didn't get any flurrys except right at the end.

I have a feeling Dana is going to tell Houston to get the F out of his home gym and the scrubs he's working with in Omaha, get in a good BJJ camp, and start learning some ground work. I have a feeling his contract will be eliminated and he'll have to spend some time in the local shows while he works on his BJJ.

Civicus_Sooner
9/18/2008, 01:19 PM
Houston Alexander is a one trick pony. He'll either knock you out early with a punch or knee or get beat on the ground.

Guida was impressive.

Nate Diaz vs Neer was a good fight. Very even but Diaz was just too slippery.

I thought Neer won the fight. I hate judging after three rounds. They should go further, especially for guys that good and when the fight is that close.

Boomer.....
9/18/2008, 01:39 PM
I thought Neer won the fight. I hate judging after three rounds. They should go further, especially for guys that good and when the fight is that close.

Yeah, it's hard sometimes especially in a close fight like that. I thought Diaz won the 1st and 3rd rounds.

Civicus_Sooner
9/18/2008, 02:15 PM
Yeah, it's hard sometimes especially in a close fight like that. I thought Diaz won the 1st and 3rd rounds.I can see that but too me it was like Diaz was kinda winning and Neer beat his *** in the second. The third I thought was Diaz doing what is essentially eluding any real contact or keeping out of danger.

Big Red Ron
9/18/2008, 09:41 PM
I thought Neer won. If I were Diaz, I wouldn't want to fight Neer in the street.