PDA

View Full Version : I was talking to a good friend of mine...

BASSooner
9/17/2008, 04:31 PM
Now I know its the beginning of the season BUT, heres what my friend asked.

WHAT IF, an SEC team and a Big 12 team both went undefeated (winning their CCG of course)?

Will that leave USC out of the championship game since their strength of schedule is crap?

Discuss :D

Lott's Bandana
9/17/2008, 04:39 PM
Yes...

If the CCG's for both SEC and BigXII feature highly ranked teams. If either conference beats each other up, lowering the BCS SOS ranking, then perhaps not.

Regardless, if suc goes and wins the Rose Bowl in that kind of scenario...

Split.

The Pac-10 right now is a skirt-wearing club.

OUMallen
9/17/2008, 04:43 PM
Human polls won't drop USC because of all the complete MORANS that refuse to drop a team until they lose, which has absolutely no basis in logic or reality.

LSUdeek
9/17/2008, 04:48 PM
Human polls won't drop USC because of all the complete MORANS that refuse to drop a team until they lose, which has absolutely no basis in logic or reality.

Get a BRAIN!

EDIT! HOLY 1000 POSTS BATMAN

cheezyq
9/17/2008, 04:50 PM
Nope - OU/Big12 loses in that situation. Strength of schedule was all but removed from the BCS equation in 2004/5. The computers only matter in 1/3 of the equation as a combined unit, which means that SOS has such a minor influence, it barely registers.

Basically it is up to the coaches and Harris voters to decide who goes to the big game, and I guarantee that if an SEC team and USC were undefeated, OU/Big 12 would lose out EVERY time, even if we were pounding top 10 teams every week by 30 points.

SEC v. USC is what the media has wanted every since we got into the 2003/4 game against LSU, and the powers-that-be completely re-arranged the BCS to accomplish that end.

snp
9/17/2008, 05:02 PM

Georgia has already dropped 2 spots and they're 3-0.

soonerpike697
9/17/2008, 05:33 PM
Now I know its the beginning of the season BUT, heres what my friend asked.

WHAT IF, an SEC team and a Big 12 team both went undefeated (winning their CCG of course)?

Will that leave USC out of the championship game since their strength of schedule is crap?

Discuss :D

Honestly what I want to see if four teams find a way to do it and see the predicament they end up in then. Because I really felt for Auburn they got absolutely jobbed, when you do what the system demands you do and you get left on the sideline there is something seriously wrong with the system. I know a playoff isn't perfect but I like it better than telling someone who did everything that was asked of them to p1ss off...

I can't believe **** isn't ok but jerkoff is just fine. very odd...

Harry Beanbag
9/17/2008, 05:53 PM
I don't think there is an SEC team good enough to go undefeated this year.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
9/17/2008, 09:33 PM
It should be the SEC champ and the Big 12 Champ in that scenario because both leagues have a conf championship game. I know the Pac-10 sucks this year but imagine if in some past seasons that USC would have had to beat Cal twice.

If there were no Big 12 championship game MU would have played for the NC last year.

VA Sooner
9/17/2008, 10:26 PM
Way too much conjecture for the beginning of the season. Don't jinx us.

snp
9/17/2008, 11:06 PM
It should be the SEC champ and the Big 12 Champ in that scenario because both leagues have a conf championship game. I know the Pac-10 sucks this year but imagine if in some past seasons that USC would have had to beat Cal twice.

If there were no Big 12 championship game MU would have played for the NC last year.

Every team in the PAC10 plays each other. That's a better system than a CCG.

ousooners182
9/18/2008, 12:25 AM
If that happened we would be the ones left out..since SOS is only 1/3rd of the vote...usc would stay a num 1..but say it was we ran the table and so did mizzou and say that would be a ..3 vs. 4 match up say and lets pretend georgia goes undefeated and would be at no. 2...would us beating mizzou jump them? because u got to think they would still prob be playin florida again in the sec championship or something but something ive learned is dont even worry about that if we run the table we will get in. its simple as that