PDA

View Full Version : Granger to Have Foot Surgery ?

fwsooner22
9/17/2008, 03:30 PM
Anybody Else hearing this story. It supposedly is ligament damage to his foot that will require surgery. Don't shoot the messenger. I am merely asking if what a DFW reporter is saying may be true.

OUMallen
9/17/2008, 03:34 PM
It's true. Will break shortly. Very bad news.

boomermagic
9/17/2008, 03:36 PM
How long will he be out ?

OUMallen
9/17/2008, 03:36 PM
Got my info from a pay site, so I shouldn't say until it breaks. Suffice it to say very bad news.

snp
9/17/2008, 03:42 PM
http://startelegramsports.typepad.com/colleges/2008/09/ous-granger-out.html

OUSuperman
9/17/2008, 03:56 PM
The Sooners still will have an experienced 3-man tackle rotation of Gerald McCoy, Cory Bennett and Adrian Taylor and immediately will begin looking to add some depth.

Think we'll do that via free agency or trade?

Boomer.....
9/17/2008, 03:58 PM
Well crap! :(

Lott's Bandana
9/17/2008, 03:58 PM
If you watch the playback and listen to teh mauling going on during the play, you can hear DMG scream while his foot is pinned. Gave me the shivs.

Mad Dog Madsen
9/17/2008, 04:05 PM
If you watch the playback and listen to teh mauling going on during the play, you can hear DMG scream while his foot is pinned. Gave me the shivs.

Well, I hope the cowards get whats comin to 'em! :mad:

Pieces Hit
9/17/2008, 04:10 PM
Dang.

swardboy
9/17/2008, 04:15 PM
Well then where did this "it's only a bruise, no problem" mantra come from?

Soonermagik
9/17/2008, 04:16 PM
Those Warshington thugs!!! Who is going to replace him?

soonerlaw
9/17/2008, 04:24 PM
A guy in my office came in a while back and said DG was injured and out for the remainder of the season. I looked for any news on that and could not find any and so did not believe him. Sucks to hear the news is likely true. I hope he recovers quickly and can still continue his promising career.

SOONER44EVER
9/17/2008, 04:33 PM
The guys on the Sportsanimal just said he is out for the year. :(

soonerhillbilly
9/17/2008, 04:37 PM
This stinks! We saw what happened & OU should send something to Washington! Bullsmack!

soonerspudman
9/17/2008, 04:39 PM
Not only OU but the Big 12 should demand action of UW to account for this.

shaun4411
9/17/2008, 04:40 PM
hope he gets a medical redshirt

Mad Dog Madsen
9/17/2008, 04:40 PM
This stinks! We saw what happened & OU should send something to Washington! Bullsmack!

I totally agree. This kind of stuff should not be tolerated!

SteelClip49
9/17/2008, 04:42 PM
DAMN THUGSKIES!!!!!

Widescreen
9/17/2008, 04:47 PM
Well that sucks. But the reality is, he got triple-teamed and injured, which happens in football. If those idiots punching on him while he was on the ground caused the injury, I'd be really mad but the injury happened as he was falling. Not sure there's much you can do about that.

colleyvillesooner
Well then where did this "it's only a bruise, no problem" mantra come from?

From Bob' luncheon presser yesterday:

Media: How long will Granger be out of action?

BS: We don’t know for sure how long. It’s a sprained foot so we’ll have to see how he progresses. Hopefully he’ll be back for TCU; we’ll just have to see how it goes.

califsooner
Is it also early enough in the year to get a medical redshirt and save his junior year? I guess it's all up to him in the first place whether he even wants to or not.

soonerhillbilly
9/17/2008, 05:05 PM
How many triple teams did Washington have that day? Thats my question. I hope Bob tells the D-Line to not go full out again incase its a false start. OU doesn't need anyone else injured in a gangbang! If this is indeed true, Granger will probably never see the field again in Crimson. He'll report to camp at 380lbs. If this is untrue(I do Pray),I hope his parents have 'Deep pockets' to go after the columnist! :)

CtheB
9/17/2008, 05:08 PM
Hearing it as well. This is bad, as he is truly the one built to stop the run. Without him, it will be tough to keep OL off Reynolds in the run game. I've got to believe that there is someone on the depth chart that can get into the rotation, but regardless he won't be at the level of Granger. Not preaching doom here, but our defense takes a hit with his loss.

MojoRisen
9/17/2008, 05:11 PM
I will not trust another injury report from Stoops- we should know better I guess.

Adrian Taylor gets a lot of praise - but we needed to be 2 deep. Cordero Moore is the backup -

SoonerDood
9/17/2008, 05:12 PM
Should've gone for Locker's knees after that happened.

CK Sooner
9/17/2008, 05:18 PM
Medical Redshirt.

We will have him an extra year

picasso
9/17/2008, 05:20 PM
geez, too bad.

Rhino
9/17/2008, 06:03 PM
It's not for sure he'll be gone the whole season, but he's going to miss a significant portion.

Granger was set to leave after this year, so I don't see him using a medical redshirt. That is, unless he comes back and gets injured again (or plays poorly) next year.

OldTimeSooner
9/17/2008, 06:05 PM
Well that sucks. But the reality is, he got triple-teamed and injured, which happens in football. If those idiots punching on him while he was on the ground caused the injury, I'd be really mad but the injury happened as he was falling. Not sure there's much you can do about that.

I wish that were true. Watch the replay again in slo-mo. The foot landed with very little impact at all. The knee that slammed into the foot after it was on the ground did the damage, and there is no question in my mind that it was done intentionally.

tulsaoilerfan
9/17/2008, 06:11 PM
Think we'll do that via free agency or trade?

Where's Moe when you need him?

swardboy
9/17/2008, 06:16 PM
It's not for sure he'll be gone the whole season, but he's going to miss a significant portion.

Granger was set to leave after this year, so I don't see him using a medical redshirt. That is, unless he comes back and gets injured again (or plays poorly) next year.

Is it felt that his performance thus far merits a strong look by the pros regardless if he doesn't play anymore?

Soonerus
9/17/2008, 07:33 PM
Do not count Granger out yet...

Tulsa World: Granger out minimum of four to six weeks

by: Staff Reports
9/17/2008 Last modified 6:34 PM

Oklahoma defensive lineman DeMarcus Granger will miss a minimum of four to six weeks, it was announced Wednesday.

Sooners coach Bob Stoops said Granger is deciding whether to have surgery on his left foot, which was injured last Saturday in OU's 55-14 victory over Washington. Surgery would end the junior's season.

Granger was diagnosed with a sprain, but more extensive tendon and bone damage was found, Stoops said.

Granger has not started this season, but has seen extensive action in OU's four-man defensive line rotation.

He has six tackles and 1.5 tackles for loss for the 3-0 Sooners, who host TCU at 6 p.m. Sept. 27.

Daily Oklahoman:
By John Helsley
Staff Writer
NORMAN — The future for Oklahoma defensive tackle DeMarcus Granger is still up in the air.

Granger left last week's game against Washington with an injured foot.

On Wednesday, OU coach Bob Stoops said the team still hasn't decided what the next step will be in Granger's comeback from the injury, which the coach described as more of a detached tendon in his foot.

It will either be rest for Granger or surgery.

With rest, he could be back to play as soon as three or four weeks from now. Surgery would end his season.

bluedogok
9/17/2008, 07:36 PM
Where's Moe when you need him?
...at a buffet somewhere in Illinois....

goingoneight
9/17/2008, 08:09 PM
Is Casey Walker ready yet?

Is Pryce Macon more than just a guy coaches pat on the back at practice? I know we've got some guys in Bennett, McCoy and Taylor, but Methinks we need at least another guy.

Remembering Tom Stidham
9/17/2008, 08:19 PM
ESPN just said he is out for the season.

TripleOption14
9/17/2008, 08:20 PM
Well I hate to make my first post of the 08 season on such a downer but...

I just hope its not a Lisfranc injury. If thats the case he is DEFINITELY gone the rest of the year and is not gonna be the same for the first half of the year next year. Those Lisfranc's are absolutely devestating injuries. Let us all hope for the best.

ousooners182
9/17/2008, 08:33 PM
espn bottom line says 4 weeks to whole season all depending on surgery of course..well this is someones chance to step up and make something happen.

boomer sooner baby

olevetonahill
9/17/2008, 09:01 PM
I think Me My Neg Hammer an My AK are gonna make a trip .:mad:

Curly Bill
9/17/2008, 09:05 PM
I think Me My Neg Hammer an My AK are gonna make a trip .:mad:

Can I come, I'll grab the Mini-14?

Piware
9/17/2008, 09:10 PM
Maybe the thug UW center, Juan Garcia, will tell him where he got the special Nike shoe and the heavy duty plastic shield he wore over it during the game. He was supposed to have foot surgery too and refused. Such a tough guy!
Took him and two of his buddies but now Granger is hurt too - hope he's happy. :mad:

Sooner98
9/17/2008, 09:11 PM
http://talkingaboutgames.com/images/stories/nonsense/darth_vader_nooo.jpg

olevetonahill
9/17/2008, 09:17 PM
Can I come, I'll grab the Mini-14?

dayum skippy

Curly Bill
9/17/2008, 09:19 PM
dayum skippy

Saweeeeeeet! Road Trip! :D

PLaw
9/17/2008, 09:50 PM
Those Warshington thugs!!! Who is going to replace him?

If their coach had any balls, then he would suspend them for the remainder of the season.

Yeah, didn't think so.

BOOMER

VA Sooner
9/17/2008, 10:14 PM
Just saw the little headline on the bottom of the screen for ESPN this evening. Bad news. Sounds like we've got some good backups though...

mojorisen2014
9/17/2008, 10:50 PM
that really sucks

aurorasooner
9/17/2008, 10:59 PM
Still pizzed that those inept PAC-10 officials didn't throw a flag for unnecessary roughness when those 3 UW linemen were giving Granger the business. It probably wouldn't have helped Granger, but at least it would've given those corrupt PAC-10 officials a token appearance of credibility. D(*&, PAC-10 refs are just crooked & lack integrity.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/18/2008, 12:47 AM
Can OU request anything be done regarding jack A$$ Dub-U and the gangster jack-a$$ players?

I will be sending a note to Joe C to not scheudle pac-10 or ever agree to use pac-10 refs again.