PDA

View Full Version : who do you think

rondog79
9/17/2008, 12:48 PM
will get upset this weekend if any?

shaun4411
9/17/2008, 01:03 PM
In an unprecedented event in sports history, the University of Oklahoma won the game they didnt even play during their bye week. Due to the hype of OU being such a highly touted and talented team, their reputation alone landed them a win in a week in which the team didnt play a game. Coach Stoops' response "Well, uhh, we needed this win. It's important to win games when youre in a uhh close race for the uhh national championship race. I think with this extra win on the schedule, we'll uhh be given that extra bump at the end of the season to put us over the uhh hump so to speak, so that we'll be ranked #1 prior to the BCS bowl selection day." The loser of this phantom game has yet to be decided. Rumor has it that it is between USC, LSU, and Notre Dame. University President David Boren says that the decision will be made just prior to the release of the final BCS rankings in December.

Coupled with this win, and pending OU running the table to another undefeated national championship season, the sooners would be the owners of a record setting unblemished 14-0 record.

This sets the stage for teams to start scheduling games during the intermission in December before bowl season in order to gain more wins and enhance their stature in the rankings.

CK Sooner
9/17/2008, 01:07 PM

I'm not predicting any this week.

Next week I think there will be a couple.

Salt City Sooner
9/17/2008, 01:24 PM
I think the BSU/UO game could get a little more interesting than originally planned. Rumor up here is that the true frosh QB from Wichita will be getting his first start due to Roper being hurt.

WVU @ CU caught my eye as well, no good reason though.

CK Sooner
9/17/2008, 01:25 PM
I think the BSU/UO game could get a little more interesting than originally planned. Rumor up here is that the true frosh QB from Wichita will be getting his first start due to Roper being hurt.

WVU @ CU caught my eye as well, no good reason though.

That is going to be a HIGH scoring game and its going to be close.

Its a good one to watch.

SoonR4Life
9/17/2008, 01:30 PM
Just for gigs...

Auburn 27
LSU 24

:)

stoops the eternal pimp
9/17/2008, 01:31 PM
I m sure somebody will **** me off before the weekend is over so I ll say me

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/17/2008, 01:32 PM
ASU, after their lousy performance last weekend, upsets UGA, thus further exposing the overrated conference that is the SEC.

27-14 ASU

mark it down ;)

oumartin
9/17/2008, 01:37 PM
Auburn might not score 27 combined points if they played LSU five times after that offensive output from last week

soonerpike697
9/17/2008, 01:51 PM
Just for gigs...

Auburn 27
LSU 24

How about Auburn 5 LSU 3 they win by 2 points this week and get just a little bit closer to a touchdown...

silverwheels
9/17/2008, 02:02 PM
It would be awesome if Rice could knock off Texas, but it's not likely.

After putting up 3 on Mississippi State, I'm not sure if Auburn will even score against LSU.

SoonR4Life
9/17/2008, 02:08 PM
Auburn might not score 27 combined points if they played LSU five times after that offensive output from last week

10/22/05 AUB at LSU Baton Rouge, La. L, 20-17 (OT)
09/16/06 AUB vs LSU Auburn, Ala. W, 7-3
10/20/07 AUB at LSU # Baton Rouge, La. L, 30-24

That offensive display was horrendous, but I think Auburn usually plays them well.

badger
9/17/2008, 02:13 PM

Hmmm... let's make outlandish predictions so I can scream "I CALLED IT!" when it actually happens and hope everyone ignores this post when it doesn't...

Kansas State over Louisville (that would have seemed like an upset before last season)

Colorado over West Virginia (it's division one football! it's the big 12! ftw!!!!1!)

Baylor over Connecticut (no reason, just cuz)

Troy over No. 13 Ohio State (in theory, troy this year > troy last year, tOSU this year < OSU last year)

North Carolina State over No. 15 East Carolina (dream ends early... so much for bcs bustin!)

Boise State over No. 17 Oregon (the battle for WHO DO YOU HATE MORE begins...)

Texas A&M over Miami (meh)

No. 24 Florida State over No. 18 Wake Forest (another meh)

Arizona State over No. 3 Georgia (just to help us retain No. 2)

GAEM OF TEH WEEK:

No. 6 LSU at No. 10 Auburn

Call it now or forever hold yer griping!

aj44mc
9/17/2008, 02:37 PM
ASU, after their lousy performance last weekend, upsets UGA, thus further exposing the overrated conference that is the SEC.

27-14 ASU

mark it down ;)

This one speaks to me.

birddog
9/17/2008, 02:50 PM
it sucks that we have a bye this week but this is a great week to have one.

there are two handfuls of good matchups to look forward to this weekend.

i see tennessee winning at home over the gators.

auburn looks really bad on offense and may score less (3) against lsu than they did against miss. state.

CaliBornSoonerBred
9/17/2008, 03:12 PM
Colorado over a HIGHLY overrated West Virginia.

Baylor over UConn, yes I am calling this one.

NC State over East Carolina(Losing their stud LB will hurt worse than previously though)

Finally.......drum roll.......... Tenn over Florida! Florida looked pathetic against Miami(IMO) and Tennessee rebounds from the UCLA loss.

Sorry, can't go with everyone else on ASU over Georgia. ASU will not stop the run and Moreno will go off.

silverwheels
9/17/2008, 03:14 PM
Florida looked average against Miami, but Tennessee looked below average against UCLA and average against UAB at home. I still think UF wins that one.

Youngsooner
9/17/2008, 03:28 PM
i say lsu 49-0 over auburn. then tuberville will change his mind and say he'd rather have a big XII offense than his defense

tommieharris91
9/17/2008, 03:36 PM
Just for gigs...

Auburn 27
LSU 24

That's not that much of an upset, although I like watching Less Miles lose.

IronHorseSooner
9/17/2008, 03:47 PM
ASU 20
UGA 17

Weber hits a late FG for them to win.

califsooner
9/17/2008, 04:22 PM
I also would of said ASU over GA before last week.......but let's not forget about a look ahead on their part, BUT, any team who can't beat UNLV at home.....can't be a good thing!!!

Not sure it's a huge upset for an SEC home game, but I'll still go with Auburn over LSU even after last week. 9-6 final!!!

soonerpike697
9/17/2008, 05:40 PM
How is Auburn in the top 10 with a laugher like that anyway???