PDA

View Full Version : If people stop buying Big Macs...

Sooner_Havok
9/16/2008, 09:53 PM
Would the fed prop up the golden arches? Think what the failure of such a large multi-national would do to the global economy! Think of all the unemployed teenagers around the world! Think of the decline in obesity in US children!

On second thought, don't think about that last one :P

royalfan5
9/16/2008, 09:57 PM
I think McDonalds and alcohol companies will be the last things to fail. If it gets to that point, we will already be living Mad Max. Of course, then we would have a Thunderdome, so it wouldn't be all bad.

tommieharris91
9/16/2008, 09:57 PM
Would the fed prop up the golden arches?

Probably. Next in line is the entire automotive industry. That would be about as dumb as it gets, too.

proud gonzo
9/16/2008, 10:04 PM
I think McDonalds and alcohol companies will be the last things to fail. If it gets to that point, we will already be living Mad Max. Of course, then we would have a Thunderdome, so it wouldn't be all bad.dude, I think the thunderdome approach would be useful in a lot of situations. :D

Sooner_Havok
9/16/2008, 10:10 PM
dude, I think the thunderdome approach would be useful in a lot of situations. :D

Two CEO's enter, only one leaves!

AllAboutThe'O'
9/16/2008, 11:01 PM
They'd be better off going to Burger King and buying Whoppers and Double Whoppers instead.

olevetonahill
9/16/2008, 11:22 PM
I think McDonalds and alcohol companies will be the last things to fail. If it gets to that point, we will already be living Mad Max. Of course, then we would have a Thunderdome, so it wouldn't be all bad.

I dont care If a Booze company fails .
Just sayin

Ike
9/17/2008, 12:05 AM
MickeyDs will claim that they are too overinvested in fatty foods, and need a 'bridge loan' to make the transition to healthy ****.

And the Fed will probably eat it up.

Viking Kitten
9/17/2008, 11:47 AM
SPEKFEST!!!

Viking Kitten
9/17/2008, 11:49 AM
Well. That certainly went in the wrong thread. But I absolutely have nothing but spek for those who don't buy Big Macs.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/17/2008, 12:11 PM
QP w/cheese pwns big mac

stoops the eternal pimp
9/17/2008, 12:26 PM
and Wendy's pwns all other food choices

Taxman71
9/17/2008, 01:29 PM
If Mickey D's goes under, where will I stop to use the bathroom for free on road trips?

royalfan5
9/17/2008, 01:45 PM
QP w/cheese pwns big mac

Double QP w/cheese pwns QP w/cheese.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/17/2008, 01:46 PM

Thats a given

Taxman71
9/17/2008, 01:48 PM
2 double cheeseburgers for $2 > Dbl QP w/ cheese > QP w/ cheese > Big Mac

Widescreen
9/17/2008, 02:59 PM

I had one of those in Houston last thursday as I was fleeing Ike. Pretty yummy although I felt guilty for eating it.

CatfishSooner
9/17/2008, 03:24 PM
Donald's....Donald's...Donald's...Donal

jkjsooner
9/17/2008, 03:29 PM
Is any financial company going to learn their lesson?

And, by the way, we can't bail out our entire financial system and that appears to be what it's going to take.

If these guys would have just used some basic common sense (same with most of the house buyers the last few years, btw) they could have avoided this entire thing.

Scott D
9/17/2008, 04:54 PM
what do you expect when our entire financial model is based on using someone else's money to make money for yourself, and then lo and behold the money dries up.

no longer is this a country with a core based in agricultural and manufacturing markets. So, our entire economy will continue to be based on playing with "investments" in this country by other countries. Pretty soon California is going to have "Made In China" stamped on it, and Kentucky will say "Crafted in Brussels"

Sooner_Havok
9/17/2008, 08:04 PM
Can Oklahoma go to the Japanese please?

royalfan5
9/17/2008, 08:07 PM
Can Oklahoma go to the Japanese please?

You'll get Kazhakstan, and like it.

VeeJay
9/17/2008, 08:11 PM
If Mickey D's goes under, where will I stop to use the bathroom for free on road trips?

Hampton Inn.

That'd be my choice. I'm a Hilton Honors member. I think my Silver status gives me #2 status in their Lobby Restrooms Worldwide.

Vaevictis
9/17/2008, 08:28 PM
If these guys would have just used some basic common sense (same with most of the house buyers the last few years, btw) they could have avoided this entire thing.

I'll bet these guys did use common sense. I expect that the behavior that led to this outcome was fully incentivized by their salary and bonus structure, from the CEO on down.