PDA

View Full Version : Whorny Toad Bravado

douxpaysan
9/16/2008, 08:48 PM
http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=83483 The tone of this TCU board was humble before the 2005 "beatdown". Don't they sound familar, I mean like many of the posters on SF? Beware chicken counters! Just win!

CK Sooner
9/16/2008, 08:59 PM
Those guy's have some high expectations.

I actually feel kinda sorry for them.

:D

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/16/2008, 09:19 PM
OU is not the OU we played the last time. They have 3 games under their belt. They have a proven and experienced QB. Will they be ready? I have to think they will underestimate TCU even though they will have that last loss to us pounded in their heads for two weeks. They can't help it--they are too good to be on the same field as little ole TCU and that last loss was a fluke (to them). That works to our advantage.

No way do we underestimate TCU, and I (hopefully the coaching staff and the team, also) understand that that 2005 loss was NO FLUKE. We had a young/weak team, uncertainty at quarterback, and that was a good TCU team that year. They deserved to win, and if they play error-free ball, and capitalize on mistakes we may make, then they deserve to win on the 27th, too.

That being said, let's eat some purple people! :hot:

SoonerKnight
9/16/2008, 11:19 PM
They built half a stadium? :confused:

Sooner in Tampa
9/17/2008, 05:53 AM
This was pretty damn funny

And doesn't Stoops have a pretty good record following a bye week?

Does Stoops have a bad record against anything?

SteelClip49
9/17/2008, 08:36 AM
The confidence is so high in ole Fort Worth, especially since they beat Stoops worst team in 2005. They need to worry about the Methodists first because their only loss in 2005 came to, of all teams, SMU.

Animal Mother
9/17/2008, 09:43 AM
I can see the TCU campus out my office window, at least the tower that is. Any messages I should relay from anybody here on the board???

mobilesteve
9/17/2008, 10:06 AM
Revenge is a dish best served cold. Let's score 50.

8timechamps
9/17/2008, 10:08 AM
As mentioned in another thread, "this ain't the '05 Frogs", nor is it our season opener with a questionable QB situation.

I am the first one to get wide eyed when I see a large spread, but I think we should be favored by at least 28.

StoopTroup
9/17/2008, 11:04 AM
I like playing someone who has not only the spirit of winning in their blood...but also brings something to the table that happened in 2005.

It makes watching OUr Sooners take them apart even more satisfying.

Good Luck with SMU WhornToads.