PDA

View Full Version : Interesting..10 softest non-conference schedules

OU-HSV
9/16/2008, 07:42 PM
Guess this guy has a good point.
We didn't make this guy's list, but more than one SEC team did.
I'm just glad after our cupcake opener that we played (play) decent teams such as Cinci and TCU.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/pgStory?contentId=8568502#sport=COLLEGE%20FOOTBALL&photo=8568674

And if you read some of the posts below the story you'll see some real dumb *** replies

Salt City Sooner
9/16/2008, 08:13 PM
I'm no tOSU fan by any stretch, but IMO, they don't belong on there.

VA Sooner
9/16/2008, 08:17 PM
Harsh list... will be keeping my eyes open during those "cupcake" games as it still reveals a lot about a team.

StormySooner-IN
9/16/2008, 08:49 PM
Missouri is listed as #6.....but one of their softies is "Illinois?!?" wtf....

Sooner98
9/16/2008, 09:56 PM
How is Ohio State on that list, after playing the #1 team in the country? It doesn't matter that they got whacked, the point is that they PLAYED them, regardless of the outcome.

BTW, Tech should have been the runaway #1 on that list.

Leroy Lizard
9/16/2008, 10:07 PM
I think Nevada was considered a good test for Tech, until Tech crushed them.

tulsaoilerfan
9/16/2008, 10:43 PM
Why is Pokie State not on that list? Real impressive list of teams they have played so far

cheezyq
9/16/2008, 10:56 PM
The person compiling that list just threw darts at a board full of college teams. If you put a REAL list together - 5 of the top 10 would be SEC teams. The lone accuracy in this list is the commentary about LSU.

OU-HSV
9/16/2008, 11:28 PM
Yeah, I didn't quite understand the Missouri and Ohio State choices considering as you all mentioned they played Illinois and the condoms.

Statalyzer
9/17/2008, 12:04 AM
How is Ohio State on that list, after playing the #1 team in the country? It doesn't matter that they got whacked, the point is that they PLAYED them, regardless of the outcome.

BTW, Tech should have been the runaway #1 on that list.

QFT.

Missouri and Kansas did play few patsies, but USF and Illinois should keep them off this list. And just like it didn't matter for toughness of schedule purposes that Ohio St lost to Southern Cal, it shouldn't matter that KU lost to USF either.

ousooners182
9/17/2008, 02:58 AM
guys a dumbass

yermom
9/17/2008, 08:53 AM
there isn't much call for bitching about scheduling BCS conference teams, most of those are scheduled years in advance

who knows how Louisville is going to be in a couple of years. it's not Joe Pa's fault that Syracuse hired Texass's outgoing DC a couple of years ago

teams like Tech with two 1-AA teams and no BCS teams are something else

Nevada isn't too bad though

Salt City Sooner
9/17/2008, 11:35 AM
I have to give Tech a pass this year. Tulsa pulled a MTSU & backed out on them at the last minute for a bigger check from Arkansas. EWU was the replacement.

badger
9/17/2008, 11:45 AM
Priceless:

The Tigers' recipe for a national championship: Schedule the cupcake champ and get a TV deal with ESPN. Talk up Troy. Beat the stuffing out of North Texas. Start the "tough path" talk before you lose to an overrated SEC team. Barely stay with Tulane in the first half, then blow them away in the second. Play 75 percent of your games at home. Lose to another mediocre SEC team and repeat the "tough path" whine. Hoist crystal trophy.

It's like a Pac 10 school we hate just as much as LSU... :D