PDA

View Full Version : At this rate AD will

swardboy
9/16/2008, 07:01 PM
rush for 2,116 yards over the 16 game NFL season. I didn't realize he was doing so well with that pathetic situation up there.

SoonerStats
9/16/2008, 07:54 PM
I heard them say on a highlight on nfl.com that he's the first Viking to rush for 100+ yards in the first 2 games of a season.

VA Sooner
9/16/2008, 08:11 PM
I miss AD. He is a machine. And the funny thing is... he looks like he's having fun out there even when he gets gang-tackled.

ousooners182
9/16/2008, 08:57 PM
yup cause he loves the game.

MojoRisen
9/16/2008, 11:57 PM
Give some credit to the Oline up there, he has holes. With out a passing game it is tough on them as well and he still has holes too hit for sure.

I think he would get 200 a game with a threat of passing to get him in the open against the secondary.

swardboy
9/17/2008, 06:26 AM
I guess Chilly gave a hint of Gus Frerotte playing, reading one of their boards. Gus Frerotte! Man, the nightmare never ends....

bringit
9/17/2008, 06:51 AM
and, AD has already surpassed the great Cedric Benson in career rushing yards with 134 fewer carries :)

ratedrsuperstar
9/17/2008, 07:02 AM
you need to average his numbers over 12 to 13 games instead of 16 because he'll never play in all 16. Minnesota's lack of a passing game will also have more teams putting 8 or 9 in the box to keep him from beating them, they'll try to force Jackson to beat them by throwing it.

The_Red_Patriot
9/17/2008, 09:19 AM
I guess Chilly gave a hint of Gus Frerotte playing, reading one of their boards. Gus Frerotte! Man, the nightmare never ends....

Its a better move than Tavaris Jackson...They have no passing game with him.

At least Gus can complete some passes to open up the box for AD

Echoes
9/17/2008, 11:46 AM
I miss AD. He is a machine. And the funny thing is... he looks like he's having fun out there even when he gets gang-tackled.

That's really funny you say that... We were watching the Vikes sunday and one of my buddies said the exact same thing. Just watch him out there, he looks like a kid in a candy store. He is always smiling and just genuinely having a good time.

People's demeanors in trying situations (like being in a vikings uniform, for instance) is very important.

OUMallen
9/17/2008, 12:37 PM
I am just worried he's going to get beat to a pulp at this rate with TJ not helping the situation. :(

Of course, only AD can cut AD, so he's have to roundhouse himself in the face or soemthing to sustain injury...

badger
9/17/2008, 12:42 PM
rush for 2,116 yards over the 16 game NFL season. I didn't realize he was doing so well with that pathetic situation up there.

It is the same for many Neffel Sooners - pathetic teams, awesome stats and Pro Bowls abound. At least most of them had at least one Big 12 championship before leaving OU for craptacular pro teams. You know - at least one chance at being on a winning team :D

Now, if they were to play for the Packers... ;)

picasso
9/17/2008, 12:46 PM
he looks bigger and faster than ever. man what a stud.

swardboy
9/17/2008, 03:20 PM
you need to average his numbers over 12 to 13 games instead of 16 because he'll never play in all 16. Minnesota's lack of a passing game will also have more teams putting 8 or 9 in the box to keep him from beating them, they'll try to force Jackson to beat them by throwing it.

I see you're enjoying the Kolin Kowherd Kool-Aid.

Maybe he won't play all 16...but none of his injuries have been related...each a separate freaky occurrence.

OUMallen
9/17/2008, 03:33 PM
So, do we think Gus Frerotte helps his chances?

shaun4411
9/17/2008, 03:54 PM
peterson the next barry sanders? doomed to a hall of fame career riddled with bad offensive lines and no super bowl ring?

badger
9/17/2008, 04:29 PM
peterson the next barry sanders? doomed to a hall of fame career riddled with bad offensive lines and no super bowl ring?

Sanders had a good enough offensive line to get him within a few game's worth of yards of the career rushing title. It was the losing aspect that doomer Sanders, not the o-line. Peterson has a pretty good line now too that creates the holes to break some long runs. Of course, a line can only do so much when they full-out blitz cuz of the predictability of the offense... hmm, will they hand it off to AD, or have Tarvaris get sacked/incompleted pass/intercepted pass?

astro5169
9/17/2008, 10:59 PM
Player News (last updated: September 17, 2008)
News: Peterson was limited at practice on Wednesday due to a sore hamstring, the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports.
Spin: He hurt the hamstring late in Sunday's loss to the Colts, but it's not thought to be serious. Still, check his progress this week.

espn - dang it ....get us a freakin QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tulsaoilerfan
9/17/2008, 11:09 PM
I wouldn't get too excited about projected stats; at one point last year he looked like a lock for 2000 yards in case you forget; i sure as hell hope he keeps it up, but it's going to be hard no matter because the Vikes don't have an NFL QB on their roster

stoopified
9/18/2008, 09:30 AM
and, AD has already surpassed the great Cedric Benson in career rushing yards with 134 fewer carries :)I thought he did that after his 5th game last year. :)

badger
9/18/2008, 09:34 AM
he looks bigger and faster than ever. man what a stud.

Are you eyeing my avatar?