PDA

View Full Version : 2000 or 2008?

SteelClip49
9/16/2008, 09:09 AM
Obviously Oklahoma won the NC in 2000 by playing KSU twice, FSU, Texas and Nebraska and endured the toughest October stretch known.

If the Big XII teams keep up their rankings and consistency, will this road be tougher en route to a possible 2008 NC considering we play Cincy, Texas, TTU, Kansas, Nebraska and possibly Missouri?

So no one is befuddled by what I am saying.....is the 2008 schedule looking tougher than 2000?

Hot Rod
9/16/2008, 09:14 AM
I thought about this. Wasn't Nebraska and KSU #1 and #2 or something like that when we beat them? I think our highest ranked opponent this year will be Texas.

badger
9/16/2008, 09:14 AM
:mad: we are three games into the season. we need to get past better teams than the I-AA's (excuse me, Championship Subdivision), the Big Least's and the team that has ranked No. 10 out of the Pac-10 during all but one (where they were ninth) of the current head coach's regime BEFORE we start comparing ourselves to the championship year that had Red October.

sooner59
9/16/2008, 09:15 AM
Kansas State was #2 when we played them on the road. That is tougher than any other road game we have this season. K-State again in the Big 12 CG, which might be comparable to Mizzou. Mizzou might have an edge. But #1 Nebraska was tougher than any other home game we have season. Texas is similar, maybe better this year. A&M was tougher then than they are now. Its somewhat similar, but I still give an edge to 2000 being tougher.

boomrsoonr
9/16/2008, 09:15 AM
I think the 2008 schedule is a lot tougher. In 2000, we snuck by aTm and OSU. aTm isn't improved much, but OSU appears to be a better team. And, Missouri will probably win the North and they are a much tougher team than KSU was at the time.

That said, I like this team and think they have a shot at beating everybody this year.