PDA

View Full Version : Public School Constitution Day

Okla-homey
9/16/2008, 08:30 AM
Tomorrow, I shall be wading in among a bevy of 4th and 5th graders at a local public school and endeavoring to explain the true meaning and underlying themes of our Constitution.

My challenge is daunting since the Dark Forces of liberalism have been very busy in their attempts to fill young minds with a skewed and addled interpretation of our Founding Document.

Wish me luck!

SoonerInKCMO
9/16/2008, 08:46 AM
Your challenge is daunting because they're 10. Good luck just getting them to sit still long enough for you to talk to them. I've found that if you promise them free stuff, they'll pay attention longer. :)

OKLA21FAN
9/16/2008, 08:49 AM
just make sure you check your concealed handgun at the door. :pop:

Okla-homey
9/16/2008, 09:01 AM
just make sure you check your concealed handgun at the door. :pop:

deal breaker. I'm out.

;)

Okla-homey
9/16/2008, 09:02 AM
Your challenge is daunting because they're 10. Good luck just getting them to sit still long enough for you to talk to them. I've found that if you promise them free stuff, they'll pay attention longer. :)

so they're like Congressmen in that respect? Fabulous.

Hamhock
9/16/2008, 10:40 AM
don't forget to highlight the part that guarantees the government will bail me out if I fall on unfortunate circumstances.

SoonerStormchaser
9/16/2008, 11:05 AM
Hey wait...I get to run for Congress this year cuz I'm 25!

Tom Cole...your *** is grass!

Okla-homey
9/16/2008, 11:06 AM
don't forget to highlight the part that guarantees the government will bail me out if I fall on unfortunate circumstances.
heck, they're already getting a free education despite its not being provided for in the Constitution. Why stop there?;)

SoonerInKCMO
9/16/2008, 11:26 AM
so they're like Congressmen in that respect? Fabulous.

Yeah, but cheaper. A couple of bicycles and some pizza should buy all the attention you want. Maybe a few passes to Celebration Station too.

Flagstaffsooner
9/16/2008, 11:51 AM
Light farts and tell dirty jokes, that will get their attention.

frankensooner
9/16/2008, 11:59 AM
Be sure to tell them its a living, breathing document and that it is always open to interpation.

SoonerInKCMO
9/16/2008, 12:09 PM
Hey... I see what's going on here.

Private school law degree...
Teaching constitutional law...

Any plans for becoming a community organizer and state senator?

Okla-homey
9/16/2008, 01:08 PM
Hey... I see what's going on here.

Private school law degree...
Teaching constitutional law...

Any plans for becoming a community organizer and state senator?

Fortunately the Sooner State don't need no organizin'. We're so "red" we're crimson.

85Sooner
9/16/2008, 01:11 PM
Mine get out early (12:00) for constitution day. Guess they can cover that whole document in 2 or 3 hours. hmmmmmm