View Full Version : CBSSports.com Experts has Sam with the Heisman

milesl
9/15/2008, 09:40 PM
Sorry it isnt copy and paste material.
Here is the addy
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/heisman

JLEW1818
9/15/2008, 09:48 PM
They are giving OU a lot of credit this year.

OU-HSV
9/15/2008, 09:59 PM
Nice. Although it's early, I like to see Sam get the attention he's earning.

sooner59
9/15/2008, 10:05 PM
They did last year, too.

IronHorseSooner
9/15/2008, 10:23 PM
Although, I already posted this, no problem, this is my favorite part of the entire article.

He continues to torch defenses with ease. Thankfully for the rest of the nation, Oklahoma is off this week.

ousooners182
9/15/2008, 11:26 PM
hell yeah

stoopified
9/16/2008, 01:47 PM
Who is the best qb in the Big 12?Bradford is THE ANSWER.Who isthe best qb in College football?Bradford is THE ANSWER.Who should win the Heisman? Bradford is THE ANSWER.

GHOB SOONER
9/16/2008, 02:04 PM
Who is the best qb in the Big 12?Bradford is THE ANSWER.Who isthe best qb in College football?Bradford is THE ANSWER.Who should win the Heisman? Bradford is THE ANSWER.

Many thanks to Coach Heupel.

JLEW1818
9/16/2008, 02:20 PM
Coaches did a lot, but Sam did a lot too. He should get more credit.

KantoSooner
9/16/2008, 03:48 PM
I particularly liked how smooth and easy he looked rolling out and hitting receivers decently down field.

And I'm sure more than one pro-scout made a little check mark in his notebook.

Chase may be more of a 'dual threat', but Sam's the one who'll end up playing Sundays.

swardboy
9/16/2008, 03:49 PM
I can see a different look in Sam's eyes this year. It's the look of a leader and a field general. Quite a step up from last year....and look what he did last year!!!!

SoonerInLubbock
9/16/2008, 04:10 PM
I can see a different look in Sam's eyes this year. It's the look of a leader and a field general. Quite a step up from last year....and look what he did last year!!!!

I agree 100%!!! He seems so relaxed and confident. Like he's a fifth year senior. Keep it up Sammy!!:pop:

badger
9/16/2008, 04:18 PM
Obligatory "three games into the season" reminder.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/16/2008, 09:52 PM
I know Im not going with the crowd here...but I thought last year Sam played great "FOR A FRESHMAN". I watched him stare down receivers and stand flat footed in the pocket waiting for guys to get wide open. It just so happened that he had a fantastic oline and nice pass catchers that allowed him to have time to find wide open guys. BUT he just didnt have that presence...that "it" factor. Josh and Jason had "it"....Hybl didnt (no disrespect...Nate was a fine athelete)

So far this year though, I must say that I see a whole new guy out there. He is making all the throws, but even more than that throws, he has bounce in his step....he moves in and out of the pocket like he knows where defenders are....he is using the proverbial "force".

And its more than just experience. Some guys start for 2-3 years and never get it..on the other hand Sam seems to be getting his mojo

I really like what I see from Sammy and really believe this is a guy who can take to the promised land....and is more than deserving of the Heisman talk

Curly Bill
9/16/2008, 10:18 PM
I heard on one of the ESPN radio programs a few days ago that NFL player personnel people are really starting to talk Sam up as a very high draft choice. This didn't seem to be the case even after the awesome season he had last year. Now that he's repeating that and looking even better the NFL folks are sitting up and taking notice. I think his improved footwork is a pretty big part of that.