PDA

View Full Version : Dear Partisan Jackasses

Scott D
9/15/2008, 03:31 PM
Your candidate doesn't give a **** about you or what you want. Your candidate doesn't give a **** how you feel about anything they propose to do. Your candidate doesn't give a **** whether they have your individual support or not. Your candidate only cares about getting elected. Your candidate only cares about securing their position as the aristocracy of the United States. Your candidate would have no problem with you, their supporter going to prison so long as it didn't personally affect them either long term or short term. Your candidate consorts with criminals daily, they call them "counterparts, senator, congressman, representative, president, cabinet member".

So, in the end, your candidate would like to thank you for continuing to perpetuate the myth that the people are sheep and will believe whatever they tell you by throwing out key words to draw your lemming like attention however brief it may be. Your candidate would like to thank you for your support. But for the love of god, quit dragging intelligent people into your nonsense.

Sincerely,
People who don't watch reality shows or corporate news

C&CDean
9/15/2008, 03:36 PM
So, what's your point?

SoonerBorn68
9/15/2008, 03:37 PM
So, you are you voting for? ;)

Scott D
9/15/2008, 03:37 PM
I'm voting for Brewster..duh.

StoopTroup
9/15/2008, 03:38 PM
Sounds like nader of them.

SoonerProphet
9/15/2008, 03:39 PM
Bob Barr?

olevetonahill
9/15/2008, 03:42 PM
Yall short Memoried Mother ****ers :mad:
Whu wants to be My Tuba Or Johnny Mack in Campaign
Seems Like If Some one aint runnin their Mouth Im gettin left out :P
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119149

Hot Rod
9/15/2008, 03:43 PM
I'm voting for Brewster..duh.

http://videodetective.com/photos/917/038531_31.jpg
"Love will turn you around...turn YOU around."

swardboy
9/15/2008, 04:02 PM
And one of our candidates is going to be the next President....that's why I give a shat.

SoonerInKCMO
9/15/2008, 04:06 PM
So, in the end, your candidate would like to thank you for continuing to perpetuate the myth that the people are sheep and will believe whatever they tell you by throwing out key words to draw your lemming like attention however brief it may be.

:les: CHANGE!!!

DRILL BABY, DRILL!!! [hairGel]

Harry Beanbag
9/15/2008, 04:34 PM
Your candidate doesn't give a **** about you or what you want. Your candidate doesn't give a **** how you feel about anything they propose to do. Your candidate doesn't give a **** whether they have your individual support or not. Your candidate only cares about getting elected. Your candidate only cares about securing their position as the aristocracy of the United States. Your candidate would have no problem with you, their supporter going to prison so long as it didn't personally affect them either long term or short term. Your candidate consorts with criminals daily, they call them "counterparts, senator, congressman, representative, president, cabinet member".

So, in the end, your candidate would like to thank you for continuing to perpetuate the myth that the people are sheep and will believe whatever they tell you by throwing out key words to draw your lemming like attention however brief it may be. Your candidate would like to thank you for your support. But for the love of god, quit dragging intelligent people into your nonsense.

Sincerely,

heh

stoops the eternal pimp
9/15/2008, 04:50 PM
Good post Scott-STEP

47straight
9/15/2008, 06:23 PM
i like

lexsooner
9/15/2008, 06:56 PM

Sincerely,

So young, so cynical. :) It's no myth. People deep down really have a need to believe in leaders and their promises, however insincere. If you asked a group of people, the majority would probably agree with your post above. But left alone, these same folks would argue until the last unbroken bone on behalf of their candidate. Yes, I'm guilty to a large extent. We all have a need to believe in the ideals which the candidates sell us, but in reality largely do not come into fruition after they are elected. Probably human nature. No, it's not the politicians alone. It's the whole system - politicians, their parties, special interests, etc. So every four years we get into these heated debates, and in the end, nothing much happens other than the status quo. The system is so deeply entrenched that I don't think there is too much difference between Obama and McCain. In the end, the powerful/wealthy get their bread buttered, and everyone else just gets by, whether the Dems or Pubs are in office. I just don't understand why people get so worked up over partisan politics. I mean, the same GOP folks who hated McCain's guts a year ago now praise him up and down. Not too much difference really. The system won't allow it.

StoopTroup
9/15/2008, 06:58 PM
How many Corporate Thieves has Bush incarcerated now?

Mixer!
9/15/2008, 07:01 PM
Is anybody else ready for another constitutional convention? Because I'm starting to think that that's the only remedy left for the non-patricians.

StoopTroup
9/15/2008, 07:06 PM
non-patricians.

Nice word BTW.

Scrabblelicious.

lexsooner
9/15/2008, 07:07 PM
Is anybody else ready for another constitutional convention? Because I'm starting to think that that's the only remedy left for the non-patricians.

No, because the delegates will all be representing the special interests who are paying them off. No getting around it, sorry.

lexsooner
9/15/2008, 07:08 PM
Nice word BTW.

Scrabblelicious.

I knew a Patricia in high school. She was a wild thing.

Mixer!
9/15/2008, 07:10 PM
Any chance of kicking the special interest groups off of Capitol Hill? Kind of like a modern day kicking the money-changers out of the temple?

lexsooner
9/15/2008, 07:18 PM
Any chance of kicking the special interest groups off of Capitol Hill? Kind of like a modern day kicking the money-changers out of the temple?

Only when the Second Coming occurs, unfortunately.

Rogue
9/15/2008, 07:32 PM
Quit giving money to special interests, and they won't be able to afford to be there.

Okla-homey
9/15/2008, 07:32 PM

Sincerely,

Go ahead. Throw rocks. Crap on time-honored institutions. Jump up and down and hold your breath. Check out, go live in a cave. I don't really care. But know this, this system you malign is the envy of people "yearning to breathe free" across the planet. It has also kept the world's oldest democracy functioning since 1790. And it still happens to be the best form of government ever devised by the mind of human beings.

Harry Beanbag
9/15/2008, 07:37 PM
Go ahead. Throw rocks. Crap on time-honored institutions. Jump up and down and hold your breath. Check out, go live in a cave. I don't really care. But know this, this system you malign is the envy of people "yearning to breathe free" across the planet. It has also kept the world's oldest democracy functioning since 1790. And it still happens to be the best form of government ever devised by the mind of human beings.

So you don't see it eroding at all?

Rogue
9/15/2008, 07:39 PM
I like Homey's optimism.

Okla-homey
9/15/2008, 07:39 PM

It ain't perfect. Nothing made on earth by humans is. But you need to read some American history to put the present in proper perspective. srsly.

Rogue
9/15/2008, 07:40 PM
You need to read some American history. srsly.

:les:You should POST some once in awhile! ;)

Harry Beanbag
9/15/2008, 07:42 PM
You need to read some American history. srsly.

Wow. I think I'll stop secretly helping you correct the mistakes in your Good Morning threads now.

StoopTroup
9/15/2008, 07:42 PM
If the GOP would legalize pot...I think more people would vote for them.

Oh yeah...and OVJ.

That's for you Olevet! :D

http://cherryflava.typepad.com/cherryflava/PimpJuice_Production_24.jpg

BigRedJed
9/15/2008, 07:49 PM
You help him secretly? I just post 'em out in the open. He's right in those threads 98% of the time. I just make it a game to find the two percent and goose him a little. ;)

Okla-homey
9/15/2008, 07:51 PM
Wow. I think I'll stop secretly helping you correct the mistakes in your Good Morning threads now.

no offense bro. Just focus on around 1870-1925. Contemporary shenanigans pale in comparison.

I fun place to start is the 1924 Teapot Dome scandal.

BigRedJed
9/15/2008, 07:53 PM
AHA!! It was actually the 1925 Teapot Dome Scandal!

StoopTroup
no offense bro. Just focus on around 1870-1925. Contemporary shenanigans pale in comparison.

I love how it all got started.

http://magneticblue.com/bm/thumbnails/3ac4fcc7b9025d4f535eff6b16d808e2.jpg

BigRedJed
OK, just kidding on that one.

Harry Beanbag
9/15/2008, 09:32 PM

Yeah, I'm aware of the scandals of that era. What they didn't have to deal with back then was a 10 trillion dollar debt and entitlement spending (that is impossible to ever do away with) that encompassed 60% of the federal budget. This country is financially FUBARed and it's only getting worse.

Don't fall into, or at least attempt to climb out of, the pit that the libs preach from. The place where you assume that everybody else is an ignorant moron.

The Maestro
9/15/2008, 10:50 PM
I am with Cowherd on this one.

Cut down trees. Print more money. I don't get why this doesn't work!

tommieharris91
9/15/2008, 11:37 PM
I am with Cowherd on this one.

Cut down trees. Print more money. I don't get why this doesn't work!

There's this thing called "inflation"...:pop:

tommieharris91
9/15/2008, 11:39 PM

He's too busy drowning in the McCain "All is well! There is no recession! The economy is the strongest it's ever been!" koolaid.

soonerscuba
9/16/2008, 12:07 AM
Uh, I would describe the American government as the best form of government devised and ratified for a specific nation of people. In actuality, the American form of government sucks monkey balls for the vast majority of people that have tried to replicate it, there's a reason that we advise and form parliamentary systems in countries we conquer. The system tends to hoist power on the executive when things get hairy, the American people have been smart (or lucky) enough to choose men that return this power to the relevant systems for the most part (I feel a Sic'em rant coming on). I would argue that the sustained prosperity and 2nd amendment have kept it this way, but this simply isn't the case in the vast majority of countries on earth. If you are saying democracy is the best form of government for everybody, I would agree, if you said American democracy is the best form of government, I wouldn't.

olevetonahill
9/16/2008, 12:25 AM

No But Id be IN fer a TEA Party .;)

olevetonahill
9/16/2008, 12:30 AM
I just found Out Im No Longer eleiglble to run
Dayum Capitlist pigs
http://www.inews3.com/blog/index.php

SicEmBaylor
9/16/2008, 12:32 AM
Uh, I would describe the American government as the best form of government devised and ratified for a specific nation of people. In actuality, the American form of government sucks monkey balls for the vast majority of people that have tried to replicate it, there's a reason that we advise and form parliamentary systems in countries we conquer. The system tends to hoist power on the executive when things get hairy, the American people have been smart (or lucky) enough to choose men that return this power to the relevant systems for the most part (I feel a Sic'em rant coming on). I would argue that the sustained prosperity and 2nd amendment have kept it this way, but this simply isn't the case in the vast majority of countries on earth. If you are saying democracy is the best form of government for everybody, I would agree, if you said American democracy is the best form of government, I wouldn't.

THE UNTIED STATES IS A REPUBLIC NOT A G-DAMNED DEMOCRACY!!!

Every time I hear the term "democracy" a pitchfork mob of morons comes to mind.

Okla-homey
9/16/2008, 05:21 AM

Heh. I get the same mental image when "democrat" is mentioned. 'Cept the marauding pitch-fork bearing morons are augmented by a battalion of militant lesbians on Harleys and a brigade or two of axe-handle toting trade union thugs ;)

soonerscuba
9/16/2008, 10:21 AM

I was being expedient, hence the American democracy, I mean if you want to get technical a Republic is a form of democracy, hell, it has public in the damn name.

Veritas
9/16/2008, 11:09 AM

Yup. Obviously scuba knows the difference, but most people don't.

jkjsooner
9/16/2008, 12:30 PM

To me this argument is meaningless. The use of the term "democracy" was expanded long ago to include a republic. I'm sure everyone here understands the basic way our representative government is organized so IMO this is just about semantics.

And, by the way, almost no state has a direct democracy anyway...

My Opinion Matters
9/16/2008, 12:34 PM
What's upsetting is that not nearly enough people realize that Scott's rant is dead-on accurate.

TexasLidig8r
9/16/2008, 01:17 PM
Scott's rant looks almost like something I would have written... although mine would have been far more articulate... :D

Homey,... are you saying the nation we have today... where party politics is FAR more important than the nation as a whole, is what our founding fathers had in mind?

The parties have lost their vision as to what is in the best interests, overall, for our great nation... it has become far more important to oppose what the other party stands for and supports in a rote manner for the purpose of differentiating your own party... than to objectively evaluate the issues and if necessary, vote against your party leaders.

You want some history?... look at the fall of the Roman Empire. I'm not saying the Visigoths are at the gate quite yet... but... the world is changing, it's getting smaller, and unless the parties learn to quit bitching and squabbling for the sake of their own interests... it, and the rest of the world, will, catch up and surpass us.

C&CDean
9/16/2008, 01:28 PM
What's upsetting is that not nearly enough people realize that Scott's rant is dead-on accurate.

Yeah, cause Scott is voting for Obrauma cause he's another brother from Hawaii from another mother. I'm not sure if that's any better than being a partisan hack. Just sayin'...

Scott D
9/16/2008, 05:58 PM
Yeah, cause Scott is voting for Obrauma cause he's another brother from Hawaii from another mother. I'm not sure if that's any better than being a partisan hack. Just sayin'...

If you were any more wrong, then Ian McKellan would be straighter than a Jamaican male. Nice try though.

Scott D
9/16/2008, 06:05 PM

I malign the elect me first, partisanship second, america third mentality. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Deny the fact that politicians themselves have become the very thing spoken out against by the likes of George Mason, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and James Madison. Deny that you have the wealthy class, the politician class, the upper middle class, the middle class, the lower middle class, and the poverty class in this country.

I think it's more patriotic to recognize the problems with the system, and attempt to change those problems than to try and sweep those problems under the rug and act as if they don't exist. I won't argue against it being the best form of government, however the problem today is the inmates run the asylum. And that problem has filtered down onto every level. Federal, State, County, City all have the same problem that is eroding the Federal government from within. But people are content so long as a majority of their life remains in the same comfort they grow accustomed to.

Truthfully it's not my concern if you wish to be a slave to a false ideal, brought forth by false voices to lull you into complacency. However, I would be remiss in my duty as a patriot to not remind people what they have at stake in every election.

Scott D
9/16/2008, 06:06 PM
Scott's rant looks almost like something I would have written... although mine would have been far more articulate... :D

I speak to the people, not to the empty suits puffing up like peacocks doing homoerotic lawyer bull****. :)

Big Red Ron
9/16/2008, 06:07 PM

Sincerely,
People who don't watch reality shows or corporate newsDamn, I wish I could get that 30 seconds bck.

Okla-homey
9/16/2008, 07:46 PM
see below.

Homey,... are you saying the nation we have today... where party politics is FAR more important than the nation as a whole, is what our founding fathers had in mind?

Dateline: Spring 1861, one half of the country attacked the other half, literally. And why? Because one party, the Democrats, refused to acknowledge a gangly feller from Illinois who was just elected President and who was the other party's nominee would be theirs. Four years later, a half a million dead, and untold wealth lost forever.

The parties have lost their vision as to what is in the best interests, overall, for our great nation... it has become far more important to oppose what the other party stands for and supports in a rote manner for the purpose of differentiating your own party... than to objectively evaluate the issues and if necessary, vote against your party leaders.

If you feel that way, you should vote McCain. He has only voted with his party about 60% of the time over the course of his congressional career. BHO? Never voted against his party. Not in the Senate, not in the Illinois legislature. evar. But partisanship aside, John Adams lamented precisely the same set of circumstances you describe in his writings. That "get along for the good of the country" thing ended after the second Washington adminstration.

You want some history?... look at the fall of the Roman Empire. I'm not saying the Visigoths are at the gate quite yet... but... the world is changing, it's getting smaller, and unless the parties learn to quit bitching and squabbling for the sake of their own interests... it, and the rest of the world, will, catch up and surpass us.

Bitching and squabbling is the American way of politics. Its the perfect accompaniment to competive market capitalism. In the political marketplace, the fruitcake ideas usually don't end up getting into law because they're losers. Sure, the CHICOMS are making rapid advances. Its easy when a half dozen politburo members snap their fingers and a billion people compliantly march off in that direction. But in the end, they'll fail because the quality of life of the average Chinese hasn't improved a lick. And they still lock up dissenters. Sooner or later, the folks will have had enough.

C&CDean
9/17/2008, 08:47 AM
Scott,

I don't deny the classes, however, people aren't stuck in a class - unless they choose to be. That's what makes America different/great. If you choose poverty, you'll damn sure have it. Yes, there was a time when a kid from the ghetto pretty much was stuck there, but not today. There's tons of opportunities availabe to anybody with the drive and determination to make their life better.

I don't consider myself a "partisan hack," but when I vote, it tends to look that way. To me, it's about the issues I hold near and dear. Abortion, guns, gays, handouts, taxes, strong military, capital punishment, and a few others. The guy/gal/it who most closely mirrors my views on these subjects gets my vote. I can't help it if that person usually is from the R party.

Besides, what are the choices? You take a position and go with it. Or you become an independent because you're a waffler who likes to ride the fence and don't have an opinion - or are too weak to voice it.

My Opinion Matters
9/17/2008, 11:45 AM
Besides, what are the choices? You take a position and go with it. Or you become an independent because you're a waffler who likes to ride the fence and don't have an opinion - or are too weak to voice it.

This sweeping generalization about people who refuse to entrench themselves in one camp or another bothers me. When did politics become simply picking a side? Issues like abortion and the death penalty are divisive and inflammatory, and completely irrelevant in a presidential election. There's an abundance of grandiose rhetoric spewed on both sides of the issue, and it's just playing to their respective audiences. Issues like abortion are much too complex to simply pick a side. I refuse to accept that there's no middle ground between "Abortions are great!/abortions for everyone!" and "Abortions are terrible!/No abortions for anyone!". Perhaps this seems like an over-simplication, but this is two-party politics in a nutshell. I refuse to endorse the misguided ideal that the best way to attaining a solution is picking a side.

Echoes
9/17/2008, 11:50 AM
There's a little cynicism for ya. Gotta look on the bright side of things, bro. Sure, it's probably all true... But they also care about leaving a great lasting legacy behind, and that usually involves leading this country in the right direction.. So it's not all bad.

TexasLidig8r
9/17/2008, 12:09 PM
Homey..

Am so waiting for Sic em to make an appearance in this thread and to rail on you for your thoughts/opinions on the genesis of the War of Aggression by the Northern States. :D

Big Red Ron
9/17/2008, 12:38 PM
This sweeping generalization about people who refuse to entrench themselves in one camp or another bothers me. When did politics become simply picking a side? Issues like abortion and the death penalty are divisive and inflammatory, and completely irrelevant in a presidential election. There's an abundance of grandiose rhetoric spewed on both sides of the issue, and it's just playing to their respective audiences. Issues like abortion are much too complex to simply pick a side. I refuse to accept that there's no middle ground between "Abortions are great!/abortions for everyone!" and "Abortions are terrible!/No abortions for anyone!". Perhaps this seems like an over-simplication, but this is two-party politics in a nutshell. I refuse to endorse the misguided ideal that the best way to attaining a solution is picking a side.fixed

C&CDean
9/17/2008, 02:19 PM
This sweeping generalization about people who refuse to entrench themselves in one camp or another bothers me. When did politics become simply picking a side? Issues like abortion and the death penalty are divisive and inflammatory, and completely irrelevant in a presidential election. There's an abundance of grandiose rhetoric spewed on both sides of the issue, and it's just playing to their respective audiences. Issues like abortion are much too complex to simply pick a side. I refuse to accept that there's no middle ground between "Abortions are great!/abortions for everyone!" and "Abortions are terrible!/No abortions for anyone!". Perhaps this seems like an over-simplication, but this is two-party politics in a nutshell. I refuse to endorse the misguided ideal that the best way to attaining a solution is picking a side.

Pick a side? Where the hell are you getting that from? I said I have my own positions on topics that are important to me. I vote for the candidate that most closely mirrors those positions. I don't pick a side, the side picks me.

Scott D
9/17/2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks Dean, I know I'll certainly be content voting for Colin Powell this year even if Colin doesn't realize he's the best candidate for the job. If Partisanship could be a bigger joke, it'd be like telling outraged texans that their favorite foods were all french back in 2003.