PDA

View Full Version : Reg season is 1/4 over, what do we need to work on...

Collier11
9/15/2008, 01:28 PM
...to be a championship team.

These are my biggest concerns although it is really nitpicking

1: Still give up several intermediate passes that turn into big gains, although that is part of our D philosophy it is still worrisome to me

2: We havent proven that we can go down field although we havent had to

3: Special Teams Special Teams Special Teams

CK Sooner
9/15/2008, 01:30 PM
We need to stick Broyles back for the kick returns.

Our secondary still needs a little work.

Kick coverage improved, but it can still be better.

adoniijahsooner
9/15/2008, 01:37 PM
Dominique Franks and Ryan Reynolds. Franks because I have seen him get burned more the other Db's, and reynolds is a small leg injury away from running like Frankenstein again.

CK Sooner
9/15/2008, 01:38 PM
Dominique Franks and Ryan Reynolds. Franks because I have seen him get burned more the other Db's, and reynolds is a small leg injury away from running like Frankenstein again.

That made my day.

:D

fadada1
9/15/2008, 01:51 PM
kick coverage. period.

mojorisen2014
9/15/2008, 02:01 PM
other than special teams nothing

oumartin
9/15/2008, 02:11 PM
There is not a defense that doesn't give up a play now and then. I'm not worried about the defense. They lay the wood when they hit and that is something we haven't seen in a few years. They are intimidating and that makes me happy.

Special teams is the area that could bite em.

Civicus_Sooner
9/15/2008, 02:14 PM
1 Special Teams

2 Special Teams

3 Special Teams

4 Special Teams

5 Special Teams

6 Special Teams

7 Special Teams

8 Special Teams

9 Special Teams

10 Special Teams

OUMallen
9/15/2008, 02:22 PM
I don't think anyone else has mentioned it, but the special teams, and particularly the kickoff unit, could use some improvement.

boomrsoonr
9/15/2008, 02:22 PM
The defense is giving up more yards than most of us would like.. (most of us would prefer 0 first downs for the opposition) but they hit hard!

Punt coverage needs work. So does the kick-off coverage. But then again, they're not used to teams being able to make a return. We need a kicker that can put it in the end zone 99% of the time.

JLEW1818
9/15/2008, 02:31 PM
Kind of a lil sad to think the regular season is already 1/4th of the way over.

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/15/2008, 02:32 PM
with as fast as we score, the waterboy needs to pick up his game alittle so the D can stay hydrated.

other than that, maybe some improvement on the special teams? ;)

Dr. Jelly Finger
9/15/2008, 02:53 PM
I am not convinced that our defense at this stage will be able to get it done during Conference play. There were several very poor angles taken in the Washington game, and several receivers were open but were missed by Locker.

It wasn't that long ago that we could completely shut down a very good opposing offense. I am hoping that UW ends up being a better team than how they looked Saturday.

I prefer to reserve judgement on how incredibly awesome we are as a team until we get to week 7 or week 8. Many questions to be answered in the next month for the entire college football world.

With the aforementioned, we could also work on special teams....

tommieharris91
9/15/2008, 02:53 PM
Special Teams. We allowed a big KOR in the UW game. The Cincy had a guy run all over us. Maclin against our kickoff team scares me. They might match us score for score just returning kickoffs.

Civicus_Sooner
9/15/2008, 02:54 PM
I think I read somewhere a while back that Bob was actually the Special Teams coach. If not, anyone know who is?

BoulderSooner79
9/15/2008, 03:01 PM
- Deep ball to stretch the field. Haven't needed yet as the short/intermediate stuff has been open anyway, but some team will cover tighter.

- Burn any redshirts if needed (kicker maybe?). With the O-line graduating, this is *the* year to go for it, don't hold back anyone who can help.

CaliBornSoonerBred
9/15/2008, 03:42 PM
-Special Teams Kickoffs. Everyone is in position but the short kicks are throwing timing off and creating the issues we've all noticed.

That's the only issue I see. The D finally has the attitude that Mike's D had with big hits and actually trying to ball hawk. I like what I see so far! But theres a LONG way to go though.

St. Louis Sooner
9/15/2008, 03:49 PM
1) PATs, field goals
2) Kickoff returns
3) pass coverage over the middle
4) 'wrap up' tackling
5) murray getting his knees up (just nit picking)

boomrsoonr
9/15/2008, 04:29 PM
Some pine tar on the safeties gloves might help. How many interceptions did we drop the other day?

85sooners
9/15/2008, 04:36 PM
kick coverage. period. bingo!!

stoops the eternal pimp
9/15/2008, 04:37 PM
bingo!!

right on as usual-STEP

HopeSpringsEternal
9/15/2008, 05:01 PM
Special teams and defense. The defense looks just like it has for the past 4 years so counting on that to improve until the culprit is gone is a waste of time.