PDA

View Full Version : How long before AD can file for free agency?

stoopified
9/14/2008, 05:18 PM
He had another great game that was completely wasted by the Vikes.ONEHUNDREDSIXTY yards on 29 carries and Minnesota couldn't score 1TD.Tavaris Jackson is a poor excuse for a NFL.He is SO AWFUL he ALMOST makes VY look like an NFL QB.In fact I think the Vikings would be better off with Young because even though he and Jackson are both passing challenged VY does make some plays on his athletic ability.

AD only has two ways out of this trainwreck- 1) FREE AGENCY,2)Vikings lure Testaverde out of retirement.The Vikings could have drafted a QB,got a free agent, traded for or picked up aveteran qb but instead they did NOTHING.AD cannot carry a franchise any more than Barry Sanders could.Barry made the mistake after his initial contract ran out of re-signing with the haless Lions.IF Minnesota doesn't get a decent QB,I pray AD doesn't make the same mistake Barry did.

The sad thing is Minnesota is just an average QB away from playoff contention.I just don't wantAD to be beaten down emotionally like Barry or beaten up physically like Earl Cambell playing for a franchise with no vision.

NormanPride
9/14/2008, 05:21 PM
badger here:

All I can say is... :)

GottaHavePride
9/14/2008, 08:21 PM
badger here:

All I can say is... :)

DAMMIT! Would you just click log out and log back in a badger? Jeebus, the two of you make my head a splode. ;)

proud gonzo
9/14/2008, 08:23 PM
badger here:

All I can say is... :)http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3263/cavetrollsbibxh5.jpg

jkjsooner
9/14/2008, 08:25 PM
They do have Frerotte who I think is easily good enough to win games for the Vikes.

swardboy
9/14/2008, 08:33 PM
They do have Frerotte who I think is easily good enough to win games for the Vikes.

Yes, unfortunately they have a brain dead coach who will not give up on TJ just out of spite...

StoopTroup
9/14/2008, 08:45 PM
I don't understand why anyone would be surprised that AD would have had this happen to him.

I saw it as soon as he was holding up a purple jersey.

The Vikings are fun to watch when he's posting 200 yards a game.

Other than AD's performance...I've got no reason to watch them at all.

ousooners182
9/14/2008, 11:40 PM
its really sad because they have alot of talent both sides of the ball...especially oline and dline but when a qb cant come in and complete a pass over 15 yards and move the safeties or anything back at all its hard to run in with 9 players in the box..

Aries
9/15/2008, 09:06 AM
They'll franchise him for a couple of years after his contract runs out. He's not going anywhere any time soon.

Civicus_Sooner
9/15/2008, 09:11 AM
They have a great defense, maybe the best in the league. All they need is a decent QB to go with AD and they could be in the Super Bowl in the next 2 to 3 years.

Breadburner
9/15/2008, 09:12 AM
Peterson can't do it all....Especially inside the 20......

1890MilesToNorman
9/15/2008, 09:13 AM
I hate to say this but i think AD is going to get seriously hurt playing with the Vikes. He plays his heart out and takes some big hits in that offense. I hope I'm wrong but the odds are going to catch up with him and soon.

oumartin
9/15/2008, 09:23 AM
Its more about their worthless coach than their worthless QB.

The_Red_Patriot
9/15/2008, 09:24 AM
If they had a qb they would be playoff team.

People know whats coming when AD is in the game so they load the box........and he is still getting 100+ yards a game.

Just imagine if they had any kind of passing attack.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/15/2008, 09:31 AM

bingo...

CK Sooner
9/15/2008, 09:32 AM
What team would you guy's want him to go too?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/15/2008, 10:08 AM
He would run for 3000 yards in a season at Denver...but I dont want him to go there

1890MilesToNorman
9/15/2008, 10:36 AM
What team would you guy's want him to go too?

Back to the Sooners :D

bluedogok
9/15/2008, 12:14 PM
I kind of see Chili and TJ as joined at the hip. Childress hitched his wagon to TJ, they may end up going off the cliff together.

He would run for 3000 yards in a season at Denver...but I dont want him to go there
I would, Denver needs to quit trying to use the "back of the month" and get a feature back on the team.

IronHorseSooner
9/15/2008, 12:44 PM
He had another great game that was completely wasted by the Vikes.ONEHUNDREDSIXTY yards on 29 carries and Minnesota couldn't score 1TD.Tavaris Jackson is a poor excuse for a NFL.He is SO AWFUL he ALMOST makes VY look like an NFL QB.In fact I think the Vikings would be better off with Young because even though he and Jackson are both passing challenged VY does make some plays on his athletic ability.

AD only has two ways out of this trainwreck- 1) FREE AGENCY,2)Vikings lure Testaverde out of retirement.The Vikings could have drafted a QB,got a free agent, traded for or picked up aveteran qb but instead they did NOTHING.AD cannot carry a franchise any more than Barry Sanders could.Barry made the mistake after his initial contract ran out of re-signing with the haless Lions.IF Minnesota doesn't get a decent QB,I pray AD doesn't make the same mistake Barry did.

The sad thing is Minnesota is just an average QB away from playoff contention.I just don't wantAD to be beaten down emotionally like Barry or beaten up physically like Earl Cambell playing for a franchise with no vision.

Didn't they draft John David Booty :rolleyes:

bosworthsteroidmafia
9/15/2008, 12:56 PM
Even though the Vikes' passing game is abysmal, they really are only a decent QB away from being a great team. The rest of the team is solid including both lines and the defense. Sidney Rice could grow into a threat if he actually had a QB who could get him the ball on a consistent basis.

They had the Colts in check and were beating them for 3 quarters with absolutely no passing game to speak of. I felt bad for Tarvaris getting booed at home, but his deficiencies were glaring.

stoopified
9/15/2008, 12:58 PM
Didn't they draft John David Booty :rolleyes:And your point is....? This discussion is about NFL caliber QBs.I agree Gus would be a big step upin QB play.

bluedogok
9/15/2008, 07:14 PM
Heh, I am beginning to think Booty would be a step up.

swardboy
9/15/2008, 07:19 PM
Heh, I am beginning to think Booty would be a step up.

Even I think the pedigree of USC vs. West Alabama State would be a step up.

Boarder
9/15/2008, 08:14 PM
He's Quincy Carter revisited. Maybe even worse, if that's possible.

badger
9/15/2008, 09:38 PM
DAMMIT! Would you just click log out and log back in a badger? Jeebus, the two of you make my head a splode. ;)

No, sorry. We were in Seattle in a limited resource place (the room did not even have television) so I just read the title of the thread and smiled a little (and typed as much soon after).

I want all our Sooner alumni to do well... I just don't want their teams to beat the Packers, especially those in the NFC North. Until there are more Sooner Packers around, I know I'll be in the minority, but I'm sure lifelong Sooner fans like yourself can understand how deep team loyalties lie.:)

IronHorseSooner
9/15/2008, 09:55 PM
And your point is....? This discussion is about NFL caliber QBs.I agree Gus would be a big step upin QB play.

I agree with you. JDB is joke. Hey, I think Sam would look good up there with AD!

rr2
9/15/2008, 11:18 PM
He will probably play a couple of more years, get hurt and retire.

Breadburner
9/15/2008, 11:25 PM
He will probably play a couple of more years, get hurt and retire.

http://slantmouth.com/articles/fearonomics/images/massengill.jpg

CU Sooner
9/15/2008, 11:57 PM
It's maddening to watch and sometimes even worse to listen to the some of the analyst. Last week on MNF, jaws makes a comment about how good AD can be but he just isn;t consistent. The majority of his carries are for 3 yards or less. Something to that affect. Which drives me crazy since he is consistently running into 8 and 9 man lines. How many yards does he expect him to get. Bring dilfer out of retirement, i hate to say it but even crissy would be a huge improvement. If I was steve young i would come out, with AD in the backfield you should be able to throw for 300 yards easily. GET A FREAKIN QB.

I'm not even a viking fan.

Leroy Lizard
9/16/2008, 12:48 AM
Get Vince Young and run the option.

Boarder
9/16/2008, 10:45 AM
Tavaris is the Ryan Reynolds of NFL QBs.