PDA

View Full Version : HorsePigs fans unite!!

TheHumanAlphabet
9/14/2008, 04:06 PM
Sitting in the stands last night, the UW fans were inquiring amongst themselves what our mascot was...A few thought it was a pig, and one commented that it was a jack ***. No one mentioned it could be a horse. Mrs. THA and I just smiled to ourselves.

SouthFortySooner
9/14/2008, 04:26 PM
...an it.

CK Sooner
9/14/2008, 04:30 PM
Idiots :D

Curly Bill
9/14/2008, 04:47 PM
A Jack-***. heh

proud gonzo
9/14/2008, 08:20 PM
heh

StoopTroup
9/14/2008, 09:11 PM
Even I know a horsepig when I see one.

SOONER STEAKER
9/15/2008, 09:29 AM
Put some hooks on the mascot and it's, "Lobster-man-pig"

fadada1
9/15/2008, 12:04 PM
chupacabras

soonerloyal
9/26/2008, 10:58 PM
I like teh horsepigs.

I did chuckle, however, when I ran across this tonight:

Have Sooners' recent struggles come after mascot arrival?

September 25, 2008 6:45 PM
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin

Here's something from the netherlands of cyberworld that I found very interesting.

Jeff Johnson of the consistently good Web site Thebleacherreport.com wonders if Oklahoma might be cursed since the introduction of plush mascots Boomer and Sooner as part of the Sooners' game-day experience.

The plush mascots, named after the two ponies that pull the Sooner Schooner around the field, were universally castigated because of their snarling mouths, red hair and enormous eyes.

"That first season, I thought they looked a little bit like a cross between Porky Pig and a donkey or something," Oklahoma spirit director Lori Kemmet told the Oklahoman. "They did have an image issue that first season."

By the way, I personally think having a title as spirit director is kind of a cool job. But I digress.

Fans even called the two mascots "Horse Pigs" and have started a blog calling for their removal.

Johnson also highlights that the Sooners biggest struggles have taken place on the field. Their first game was the 2005 opener where TCU beat the Sooners at Owen Field. Bob Stoops has lost 12 of his 22 games coaching Oklahoma since their arrival. And the Sooners' well-chronicled BCS bowl struggles have continued since these mascots started prowling the sidelines

So I wonder. Is Oklahoma really cursed by these mascots?

Facts seem to indicate so, although a big victory over TCU on Saturday might calm down some of the brayings of unrest in Norman.

Piware
9/27/2008, 02:43 AM
There is no such thing as a HorsePig fan - at least not one over the age of 8.

King Crimson
9/27/2008, 06:31 AM
just for kicks: nothing to do with the horsepigs, but EPSN's Tim Griffin is a captain of the dick police. he's a San Antonio writer who homers for UT (or any other Texas flavor the month) all the time.

if we had more population density in Oklahoma, he'd homer for us. That's how ESPN produces "content" and "analysis".