PDA

View Full Version : mexican flag at usc game

ouwasp
9/14/2008, 01:14 PM
after the so-called contest an ESPN infobabe was interviewing various players & coaches. Someone in the crowd with a silly grin was whipping one of those imitation Italian flags around.....what's up with that? :confused:

Another reason to hold usc in disdain....

CK Sooner
9/14/2008, 01:15 PM
No Green Card.

OKLA21FAN
9/14/2008, 01:18 PM
sort of like singing the Cannuck Natl Anthem before today's NASCAR race?

at least Cally was a part of the Mexican Republic once. like those who think flying the confederate flag is a 'heritage' dealio, whipping out a mezzican flag now and then should hold the same standard right?

:pop:

olevetonahill
9/14/2008, 01:20 PM
as long as It wasnt ABOVE Old Glory I dont care what they do .

CK Sooner
9/14/2008, 01:21 PM
as long as It wasnt ABOVE Old Glory I dont care what they do .

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/mac-trina/KISS.jpg

Hella Sideburns
9/14/2008, 01:21 PM
maybe it was a mexican?

why is this even an issue to anyone?

CK Sooner
9/14/2008, 01:25 PM
maybe it was a mexican?

Are you Mexican?

piusbovis
9/14/2008, 01:27 PM
I'm a beaner. Don't see what the big deal is. It's mentioned how Bradford is an Injun and the tribes are proud of that - I'm Choctaw and Cherokee, too - so why shouldn't hispanics be proud of a Mexican starting QB? It isn't as though there are very many of them.

olevetonahill
9/14/2008, 01:28 PM
maybe it was a mexican?

It aint to Me
as Long as the Beaners dont put theirs above Old Glory Its all good .:cool:

ouwasp
9/14/2008, 01:29 PM
maybe it was a mexican?

maybe it was, in fact I'd hope so. I'd like it better if he'd keep his own nat'l flag waving south of the border at some soccer game though.

CK Sooner
9/14/2008, 01:30 PM
maybe it was, in fact I'd hope so. I'd like it better if he'd keep his own nat'l flag waving south of the border at some soccer game though.

Ditto.

Hella Sideburns
9/14/2008, 01:31 PM
holy **** i hate our fanbase

olevetonahill
9/14/2008, 01:33 PM

Why? are you a Beaner ?:P

royalfan5
9/14/2008, 01:33 PM
Are you offended by Mark Sanchez's Mexican Flag colored mouthguard as well?

okiewaker
9/14/2008, 01:34 PM
Ditto.

If that is you in your avatar you don't look indian to me

CK Sooner

Why are you a member of this board then? :texan:

CK Sooner

Huh?

OKLA21FAN

I bet you didn't cheer for Eduardo Najera either :pop:

olevetonahill
9/14/2008, 01:35 PM

He do kinda look More African dont he ?

CK Sooner
9/14/2008, 01:36 PM

:D

okiewaker
9/14/2008, 01:37 PM

Nah, Mid East!:D

CK Sooner
9/14/2008, 01:38 PM

Are you guys talking about me?!

olevetonahill
9/14/2008, 01:39 PM

I thot he Might Be Bracks 1/2 Bro His Mommas side :pop:

olevetonahill
9/14/2008, 01:39 PM
Are you guys talking about me?!

And you say I MAKE you feel like a Tard .:rolleyes:

CK Sooner
9/14/2008, 01:41 PM
He quoted me when he said it?

GottaHavePride
9/14/2008, 01:49 PM
I bet you didn't cheer for Eduardo Najera either :pop:

Eduardo Najera is still one of my favorite Sooners ever.

olevetonahill
9/14/2008, 01:56 PM
He quoted me when he said it?

Boy wake up and Pee the worlds On fire .:rolleyes:

meoveryouxinfinity
9/14/2008, 02:03 PM
the problem is that SANCHEZ IS NOT MEXICAN. He was born in the United States. He is a native of Long Beach!

LoyalFan
9/14/2008, 02:05 PM
For all you who think it's "no big deal"...Just try waving a Stars and Stripes at an athletic event in Mexico. You'll be lucky to get out alive.

A few years ago, as I was driving along a Farm to Market road south of San Antonio I passed a fancy ranch gate and noted that there were three flag staffs just inside it. One flew a tiny Texas flag. Another flew a tiny US Flag. The much taller one in the middle sported a large "Buzzard Humping An Earthworm"...the Bandera de Mexico. A few minutes later, the "BHAE" was merrily ablaze. Someone must have been offended by seeing that POS flown over smaller US and Texas flags...Ya' think?

LF

CK Sooner
9/14/2008, 02:09 PM
For all you who think it's "no big deal"...Just try waving a Stars and Stripes at an athletic event in Mexico. You'll be lucky to get out alive.

A few years ago, as I was driving along a Farm to Market road south of San Antonio I passed a fancy ranch gate and noted that there were three flag staffs just inside it. One flew a tiny Texas flag. Another flew a tiny US Flag. The much taller one in the middle sported a large "Buzzard Humping An Earthworm"...the Bandera de Mexico. A few minutes later, the "BHAE" was merrily ablaze. Someone must have been offended by seeing that POS flown over smaller US and Texas flags...Ya' think?

LF

They should get the same treatment from us.

King Crimson
9/14/2008, 02:11 PM
how can it possibly be this big a deal?

royalfan5
the problem is that SANCHEZ IS NOT MEXICAN. He was born in the United States. He is a native of Long Beach!

So he embraces his Mexican Heritage. Is it any different than the people that embrace their German or Irish or other ethnic heritage?

meoveryouxinfinity

agreed

meoveryouxinfinity
9/14/2008, 02:13 PM
So he embraces his Mexican Heritage. Is it any different than the people that embrace their German or Irish or other ethnic heritage?

No I just find it funny that the Mexican community embraces him.. or that the Native American community embraces Sammy. Sam actually said he didn't really pay attention to his "Indian heritage" until the media made a big deal about it.

bri
9/14/2008, 02:13 PM
Eduardo Najera is still one of my favorite Sooners ever.

WHY DO YOU HATE 'MERICA?!? :mad:

olevetonahill
9/14/2008, 02:15 PM

LF

Id give who ever it was Mucho spek ;)

bluedogok
I don't understand why...

So he embraces his Mexican Heritage. Is it any different than the people that embrace their German or Irish or other ethnic heritage?Exactly, this is the same stuff that happened around the turn of the last century with all of the European immigrants on the east coast and Asian immigrants on the west coast. Hell I bet some would get offended if I flew an Oklahoma or OU flag here instead of a Texas flag. Just because someone is offended doesn't mean it's right.

royalfan5
No I just find it funny that the Mexican community embraces him.. or that the Native American community embraces Sammy. Sam actually said he didn't really pay attention to his "Indian heritage" until the media made a big deal about it.
Sanchez embraces the Mexican Community though. He wears a Mexican Flag mouthguard for a reason.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/14/2008, 02:17 PM
Sanchez embraces the Mexican Community though. He wears a Mexican Flag mouthguard for a reason.

That's what I don't get. He's an American. What has Mexico done for you lately? Whatever though.

okiewaker
9/14/2008, 02:18 PM
Melting pot. The folks that have a gripe are the native of this land.

royalfan5
9/14/2008, 02:19 PM
That's what I don't get. He's an American. What has Mexico done for you lately? Whatever though.
Germany hasn't done anything for me, but I still go down to the German-American Center on Monday to eat Kraut and speak Deutsch.

olevetonahill
9/14/2008, 02:21 PM
the Only reason this IS becoming a Big deal is Yall Idjits cant take a Joke .
I think the Only one that this Bothered was the thread starter:rolleyes:

SoonerShay
9/14/2008, 02:22 PM
That is a pretty regular site in LA. I had never seen it before until I moved here but the mexican population here has the flag on everything. Cars, clothes etc.

I always find it weird seeing as how none of them want to live in that country and flee it to the U.S. daily. You can't be to proud of a country that you don't even want to live in.

Thank God for mexican men though, they make mexican women. Hamma Mama!

bluedogok
9/14/2008, 02:23 PM
the Only reason this IS becoming a Big deal is Yall Idjits cant take a Joke .
I think the Only one that this Bothered was the thread starter:rolleyes:
SPEK

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o64/thealice/kiss_lips.jpg

meoveryouxinfinity
9/14/2008, 02:25 PM
Germany hasn't done anything for me, but I still go down to the German-American Center on Monday to eat Kraut and speak Deutsch.

Eating a type of food doesn't = nationally televising your (fake) "nationality"

Like I said. I don't care. It's a great story. But it's just that.. just a story. He's not Mexican. He can wear the flag mouthpiece, do specials on ESPN, but he's an American.

bri
9/14/2008, 02:26 PM
You guys probably stand outside of Irish pubs and yell "GO BACK TO IRELAND IF YOU LOVE IT SO MUCH, YOU DIRTY MICKS!!!" :D

meoveryouxinfinity
9/14/2008, 02:27 PM
I love me some Teds.

royalfan5
9/14/2008, 02:27 PM
Eating a type of food doesn't = nationally televising your (fake) "nationality"

Like I said. I don't care. It's a great story. But it's just that.. just a story. He's not Mexican. He can wear the flag mouthpiece, do specials on ESPN, but he's an American.

What you see as embracing as "fake nationality", I see as someone embracing their heritage and the culture that shaped them. People's versions of America vary widely depending on part of the country and their heritage.

CK Sooner
9/14/2008, 02:28 PM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/susan_opac/amnesty.jpg

meoveryouxinfinity
9/14/2008, 02:29 PM
What you see as embracing as "fake nationality", I see as someone embracing their heritage and the culture that shaped them. People's versions of America vary widely depending on part of the country and their heritage.

Ok, you win. But don't say it's not half for show.

bluedogok
9/14/2008, 02:34 PM
IT'S TIME TO BAN ALL NON-MERICAN HOLIDAYS......

Cinco de Mayo, gone...no more Corona or tequila
Octoberfest, history...no beer or brats for you
St. Patrick's Day, can't have it....no more whiskey or green beer either

I just don't get the outrage by some, there is much, much more important stuff in this country to be outraged about.

bri
9/14/2008, 02:41 PM
Well, if your racist leanings became acceptable, wouldn't you be all about it? ;)

GrapevineSooner
9/14/2008, 02:41 PM
Uh spek I guess.

But don't expect me to kiss you, bluedog. :D

okiewaker
9/14/2008, 02:46 PM
My point, although started as a joke, is that no one living in this country has the right to judge what race of people has the right to live here, or to raise their flag, except native americans. All you, so called americans, can thank Chris Columbus for your existence here. So before you start claiming who should live here or who should not remember that unless you are native american, you have no say so!

CK Sooner
9/14/2008, 02:49 PM
My point, although started as a joke, is that no one living in this country has the right to judge what race of people has the right to live here, or to raise their flag, except native americans. All you, so called americans, can thank Chris Columbus for your existence here. So before you start claiming who should live here or who should not remember that unless you are native american, you have no say so!

Neg Spek

okiewaker
9/14/2008, 02:53 PM
Neg Spek

BTW, I'm not Native American. Just pointing out some info.

No neg spek, please!

CK Sooner
9/14/2008, 02:53 PM
BTW, I'm not Native American. Just pointing out some info.

No neg spek, please!

To late.

bluedogok
9/14/2008, 02:56 PM
Well, if your racist leanings became acceptable, wouldn't you be all about it? ;)
I guess so, but then I have a "Texican" wife...that's what her dad says they are. They have been in the same region of West Texas/SE New Mexico for many, many generations (including some Navajo in the family)...they don't really celebrate any Mexican "heritage" since the border moved on them a long time ago they are American.

StoopTroup
9/14/2008, 02:59 PM
I'm a beaner. Don't see what the big deal is. It's mentioned how Bradford is an Injun and the tribes are proud of that - I'm Choctaw and Cherokee, too - so why shouldn't hispanics be proud of a Mexican starting QB? It isn't as though there are very many of them.

What does the Mexican, Choctaw, Cherokee Flag look like? :) ;)

David Earl
9/14/2008, 03:01 PM
Maybe this is a slight over reaction, but I'm going to go ahead and shut this thread down. It's not exactly the best thread ever and it could seriously get worse.

Have a nice day.