PDA

View Full Version : Whorns At The OU/UW Game

SoonerForever
9/14/2008, 02:49 AM
Both my wife and I saw 3 whorn fans at the game today...my wife asked them if they were at the wrong stadium, and one replied "no, we are just here to agitate OU fans."
This is not the first time I have seen this.....anyway just before half they started heading out....I couldn't help myself....I told them to show up in October...whorn smarta$$ replied back that no way would it be like that against them.....and of course I had to come back with the obligatory "no, worse."
On another subject hope all my fellow Houston Sooners and families are doing okay....did a long distance call around and all in mine all good....Soonerforever

Flagstaffsooner
9/14/2008, 07:37 AM
just before half they started heading out....Seems to be a habit of theirs.:D :texan:

StoopTroup
9/14/2008, 07:38 AM
halftime whorns....lol

ratedrsuperstar
9/14/2008, 07:40 AM
Both my wife and I saw 3 whorn fans at the game today...my wife asked them if they were at the wrong stadium, and one replied "no, we are just here to agitate OU fans."
This is not the first time I have seen this.....anyway just before half they started heading out....I couldn't help myself....I told them to show up in October...whorn smarta$$ replied back that no way would it be like that against them.....and of course I had to come back with the obligatory "no, worse."On another subject hope all my fellow Houston Sooners and families are doing okay....did a long distance call around and all in mine all good....Soonerforever

Just from reading your post, not only was their 3 Whorn "smarta$$es in attendance, there was also 2 Sooner smatra$$es there !!! How can you call them smarta$$es when you and your wife instigated the whole thing ?

swardboy
9/14/2008, 07:54 AM
ratedpooperstar

StoopTroup
9/14/2008, 07:57 AM
Just from reading your post, not only was their 3 Whorn "smarta$$es in attendance, there was also 2 Sooner smatra$$es there !!! How can you call them smarta$$es when you and your wife instigated the whole thing ?

I think a whorn showing up in Everett Washington was the trump card thrown that started it.

Wear your colors to your own games.

I'd wear my Crimson and Cream to a whorn game and expect to get comments.

I really don't see your outrage.

Get whorn!

http://content.pyzam.com/graphics/insults/IBS.gif

OUHOMER
9/14/2008, 08:00 AM
A. if I had spek i would give it up to Soonerforever
b. if I had spek I would lower the boom on the troll
c. you can never be a smartass to a horn.

Can I get a AMEN

StoopTroup
9/14/2008, 08:01 AM
A. if I had spek i would give it up to Soonerforever
b. if I had spek I would lower the boom on the troll
c. you can never be a smartass to a horn.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o64/thealice/kiss_lips.jpg

RedStripe
9/14/2008, 08:06 AM
I think a whorn showing up in Eugene Washington was the trump card thrown that started it.

Wear your colors to your own games.

http://image.blingee.com/images12/content/output/2007/8/17/122620186_e59fbcf6.gif

bluedogok
9/14/2008, 10:57 AM
The further they are away from Austin the more obnoxious they get.

King Crimson
9/14/2008, 11:02 AM
i have a neighbor who is a big time horn fan (he says). he's always wearing UT gear but i've seen him out leaving in his car when *i've* been watching UT on TV more than once. last year against Central Florida and another game.

bluedogok
9/14/2008, 11:12 AM
UT has a bunch of "casual" fans, you see people out in UT garb all the time when games are being played here in Austin and on TV. I am sure there are quite a few OU ones as well but I wouldn't know, the only times that I left while a game was on when I lived in OKC was to run to the store at halftime.

Veritas
9/14/2008, 11:17 AM
UT has a bunch of "casual" fans, you see people out in UT garb all the time when games are being played here in Austin and on TV.
You even see that **** up here in Lincoln, Nebraska. Oddly enough, you see it more now that they won an MNC? :confused:

;)

King Crimson
9/14/2008, 11:25 AM
You even see that **** up here in Lincoln, Nebraska. Oddly enough, you see it more now that they won an MNC? :confused:

;)

that's going to Rockies game 'round here. you used to never see UT gear at Coors Field and after 05...boom, there it is.

SoonerDood
9/14/2008, 11:26 AM
Whorn fans are like roaches, they're everywhere and can't be killed by a nuclear blast.

Best encounter I ever had with them was at OUR Rose Bowl, mind you they weren't even at the Holiday Bowl that year. Before going on the Back To The Future Ride at Universal Studios, my buddy yells at them "Hey when you get back from the future, let me know if Texas still sucks!"

Captain Obvious
9/14/2008, 11:27 AM
i talked to one guy with a Horn jersey on at the half. I asked him about it (nicely). He was a nice guy, from Houston, we talked about Ike. He was just there to watch a good team (us) and to support his team. Not to be an "SA"

sorry to chime in

budbarrybob
9/14/2008, 12:04 PM
perhaps soonerfans wife shoulda started said conversation out "are you here to support the BIG 12 or are you d*%kheads?"

end of conversation

yermom
9/14/2008, 12:06 PM
if i was in Seattle and Texass was playing UW, i'd probably go and wear Crimson

what am i supposed to wear? purple? orange?

CK Sooner
9/14/2008, 12:06 PM

Nice one ;)

:texan: :texan: :texan: :texan:

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/14/2008, 12:59 PM
Best encounter I ever had with them was at OUR Rose Bowl, mind you they weren't even at the Holiday Bowl that year. Before going on the Back To The Future Ride at Universal Studios, my buddy yells at them "Hey when you get back from the future, let me know if Texas still sucks!"

mucho spek

Crimson Blonde
9/14/2008, 01:16 PM
This is a little OT, but the post made me think of it...

My daughter and I were in Forks, Washington, about 4 hours west of Seattle, right on the coast, last month. It's a little town of about 3,500 people. We were driving down Main Street one day, and something caught my eye.... A Jeep Cherokee, with Washington tags was parked outside one of the little shops and it had an upside down Whorn decall on the back window and a HUGE OU decal right in the middle.... It made me smile!

goingoneight
9/14/2008, 02:17 PM
My friend told me he went to the Fiesta Bowl and a bunch of aggies showed up to the OU game and didn't go to their own game in the same city.

OU haters really need to grow up it seems.

BigRedJed
9/14/2008, 03:04 PM
if i was in Seattle and Texass was playing UW, i'd probably go and wear Crimson

what am i supposed to wear? purple? orange?
Same here. Frankly, I've always wanted to go to a UT/A&M game in Austin (having been to Kyle a number of times, I'm not really interested in going to see any team play there except OU, and maybe not even then). Having never been to a football game in Austin, I'd kindof like to see what it's like. Sortof a "know your enemy" thing, I guess, but also I just love seeing college football in different places. You can bet I'd rock some OU gear though. Not so much to look for trouble as to properly represent.

Oddly enough, I'm not sure I would cheer the Aggies. I dislike them just about as much as UT these days. Either way, I'd be happy to see one of them lose.

bluedogok
9/14/2008, 03:21 PM
One of these years we are going to go to a Tech/UT game here. I have had offers of tickets in the past but never went because of a conflict with the OU game on TV.

I do want to go to games one of these years in all of the traditional great places as well whether OU is involved or not.

Old Pride Member
9/14/2008, 04:33 PM
If you're going to attempt smarta$$ comebacks, you really should make sure they're grammatically correct! :rolleyes:

Just from reading your post, not only was (were) their (there) 3 Whorn "smarta$$es in attendance, there was (were) also 2 Sooner smatra$$es there !!! How can you call them smarta$$es when you and your wife instigated the whole thing ?

Breadburner
9/14/2008, 04:37 PM
If you're going to attempt smarta$$ comebacks, you really should make sure they're grammatically correct! :rolleyes:

I doubt they wrote it down and handed it to them......

soonergregmsw9802
9/14/2008, 04:45 PM
I and some friends were in one of those sports bars in Tuscaloosa in 03. In walk three ut frat boys, you know the normal pink polo shirt with their ut puke orange shirt underneath. Told some girls from Alabama at a table next to ours that "Daddy had flown them in to watch Alabama beat OU", of course I loudly reminded them that was because they couldn't do it on their own.

Amen to Homer!

SoonerStormchaser
9/14/2008, 04:55 PM
UT has a bunch of "casual" fans,

Yah...they're called "Mexicans."

SoonerRecon
9/14/2008, 07:59 PM
had a bday party for my 4 year old boy today, all my longhorn friends were throwing in the towel for oct 11. being the nice guy, i tell them about rivalry games being closer than expected, and that you never know. this koolaid is starting to give me a good buzz about this season...

meoveryouxinfinity
9/14/2008, 08:03 PM
My friend told me he went to the Fiesta Bowl and a bunch of aggies showed up to the OU game and didn't go to their own game in the same city.

OU haters really need to grow up it seems.

My uncle lives in Phoenix. He was starting quarterback for OSU (Big 8 leading passer!-1960-something----LOL). He, along with his wife, were at both OU Fiesta Bowls. Wearing all OU gear. He loves rooting for the Sooners all but one week. Those are the kind of Oklahoma State fans I grew up around.

SWFloridaSooner
9/14/2008, 08:16 PM
I live in Cape Coral, Florida. Last summer my daugher and her husband were visiting and we took them down to the beach to do the bar hopping thing. We came out of the Margarita Bar and my daughter ran, and I mean smacked right into, three guys in burnt orange wearing smack shirts and whorn hats doing what I like to call the whorn strut. They mutter something and laughed to one another. Now, at this point I should admit that we had been drinking a bit. The whorns go around her and we all start to walk on when I hear her screaming. I turn to look and there she is, 24 years old, 5' 7", 130 pounds in her Crimson Sooner Alumni shirt facing down the whorns yelling "What the he** do we have to do to get away from you f*c*ers." I was embarrassed and proud at the same time. It took three of us to pull her away and get her to the car. The whorns were just standing there looking shocked and I must say afraid. She later told us they had made a comment about stupid Okies when she ran into them. I laugh every time I think about that night. I don't have to tell you she is Okie born and bred. :) She and her husband both went to OU and ended up getting jobs in Dallas after college. I guess it has been more difficult for her than I thought. :)

soonerboomer93
9/14/2008, 08:18 PM

um?

what?

CK Sooner
9/14/2008, 08:19 PM
um?

what?

What?

BigRedJed
9/14/2008, 08:19 PM
:pop:

bluedogok
9/14/2008, 08:27 PM

Nah...with Whorn shirts at Walgreen's 4 for $20 even the white bums around here wear them.

StormySooner-IN
9/14/2008, 08:38 PM
While were all going off in tangents......

Yes, there is a large amount of orange garb roaming the face of the earth. :P

The other day, I went to get a new wallet at our local Kohls, here in a small suburb just outside of Indianapolis. I decided to walk by the sports clothing area. I found plenty of Colts stuff, a good deal of IU stuff, Purdue stuff....and Texas stuff.
Yea, thats pretty much how it works around here. There are random UT shirts everywhere (funny thing is...you see 100's of people....and only 3 different shirts... :D..)
I see people all the time wearing UT gear at school (Im in HS). Sometimes I'll say something to them when I'm wearing OU gear(always). 99% of the time....they won't even realize whats going on....as if we're not their rivals or something.

Honestly, it doesn't even bother me anymore. I just hope if we get a MNC, people everywhere don't pop-up with OU gear......

StoopTroup
9/14/2008, 08:51 PM
I just hope if we get a MNC, people everywhere don't pop-up with OU gear......

Honestly....

I think it's something I can live through though.

SouthCarolinaSooner
9/14/2008, 08:53 PM
UT has a bunch of "casual" fans, you see people out in UT garb all the time when games are being played here in Austin and on TV. I am sure there are quite a few OU ones as well but I wouldn't know, the only times that I left while a game was on when I lived in OKC was to run to the store at halftime.
O lawd tell me about it, they even infest the populace here, I think the cow shirt has a certain power over the white trash population:texan:

StormySooner-IN
9/14/2008, 08:53 PM
Honestly....

I think it's something I can live through though.
Well, of course.

Cause we'll have another Crystal Football to look at.;)

StoopTroup
9/14/2008, 08:57 PM
Well, of course.

Cause we'll have another Crystal Football to look at.;)

:D

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/14/2008, 08:59 PM
Speaking of Kohl's, that year Texas won the national championship, suddenly Texas gear was popping up in my local Kohl's alongside all the usual disgusting Trojan gear and harmless San Diego State gear.

I am just waiting for us to win the MNC, and if similar OU gear doesn't pop up, I am going to throw a fit to the store manager.

I don't care if it is pandering to bandwagoners, I believe in equal opportunity bandwagoning.

StormySooner-IN
9/14/2008, 09:03 PM
Speaking of Kohl's, that year Texas won the national championship, suddenly Texas gear was popping up in my local Kohl's alongside all the usual disgusting Trojan gear and harmless San Diego State gear.

I am just waiting for us to win the MNC, and if similar OU gear doesn't pop up, I am going to throw a fit to the store manager.

I don't care if it is pandering to bandwagoners, I believe in equal opportunity bandwagoning.
Yeah, same idea here. There is quite a bit of UT and SUC gear available for purchase at any number of inappropriate locations around here.

In the past few years I've gone to all the metro area malls....almost never I've found any OU merchandise in any store to buy. Ive seen literally every school but us. It make me sad....I get it all off the innerweb. 'Cept my freezer mug....I bought it at a Terre Haute mall last year just before UNT game.

StoopTroup
9/14/2008, 09:05 PM
If SoonerFans had an on-line store we could purchase Sooner gear from...

I would spend all my vcash.

bluedogok
9/14/2008, 09:22 PM
The other day, I went to get a new wallet at our local Kohls, here in a small suburb just outside of Indianapolis.
Which one? My company's home office is in Carmel.

In the past few years I've gone to all the metro area malls....almost never I've found any OU merchandise in any store to buy. Ive seen literally every school but us. It make me sad....I get it all off the innerweb. 'Cept my freezer mug....I bought it at a Terre Haute mall last year just before UNT game.
There are only a few here that carry anything other than Whorn or Aggie stuff, a store called Fanz (which has a store at Stonebrier in Frisco) and The Finish Line, both at Barton Creek Mall. The manager at The Finish Line says they get OU stuff in but it sells out quicker than anything other school (outside of UT/A&M which they get so much of), he wishes they would ship more to him. We can find more Tech stuff for my wife at Quail Springs Mall in OKC than we can here in Austin.

Don't forget about ringtones.....

SWFloridaSooner
9/14/2008, 09:37 PM
We see Whorn gear here in Florida stores as well. Luckily my kids live in Oklahoma so I still have a pipeline to gear from Norman. :) Doesn't stop me from turning whorns hats upside down when I see them in stores.

StormySooner-IN
9/14/2008, 09:38 PM

That would be sweet.

Which one? My company's home office is in Carmel.

Brownsburg. Come up here fer meetings sometimes?

StormySooner-IN
9/14/2008, 09:44 PM
We see Whorn gear here in Florida stores as well. Luckily my kids live in Oklahoma so I still have a pipeline to gear from Norman. :) Doesn't stop me from turning whorns hats upside down when I see them in stores.

Yea, my teenage angst makes me do all that stuff. :D
Flip the hats, hide the shirts, rearrange helmets.....

bluedogok
9/14/2008, 09:52 PM
That would be sweet.
Brownsburg. Come up here fer meetings sometimes?
Nope, not yet. The only time that I have been to Indy was last summer for the F1 race, we considered coming up for the MotoGP race this weekend but decided against it. I guess that was a good decision this year.

Yea, my teenage angst makes me do all that stuff. :D
Flip the hats, hide the shirts, rearrange helmets.....
That would be a full time job down here.

OUTromBoNado
9/15/2008, 02:42 AM

Heh. I was just about to post this. Cotton Bowl! :mack:

picasso
9/15/2008, 12:18 PM
I would have asked the entire section who ordered the 3 @**holes.;)