View Full Version : OK Yall that will send a Prayer and Good thots

olevetonahill
9/14/2008, 02:34 AM
My Son the youngest
workin in Hawaii , Thinks he broke His foot today:eek:
A big *** piece Of Pipe rolled On it .:mad:

Curly Bill
9/14/2008, 04:05 AM
Ouch, I'll say a few words on his behalf.

Okla-homey
9/14/2008, 05:05 AM
Will that involve an Oklahoma or Hawai'i Workers Comp claim?

Curly Bill
9/14/2008, 05:08 AM

This could be a case huh? :D

olevetonahill

He says he aint turning it to workers Comp . Im like WTF :confused:

olevetonahill
This could be a case huh? :D

Homey would be fightin fer the Company :P

Okla-homey
9/14/2008, 05:12 AM
He says he aint turning it to workers Comp . Im like WTF :confused:

Bro,

You might wanna tell him to STFU and do what you tell him to do. Its for his own good. He needs to go get checked out, xrays, etc. so its documented at the very least. A foot injury like that can plague a man the rest of his life if it involved smashing his instep.

anyhoo, better dang well document it.

olevetonahill
9/14/2008, 05:16 AM
Bro,

You might wanna tell him to STFU and do what you tell him to do. Its for his own good. He needs to go get checked out, xrays, etc. so its documented at the very least. A foot injury like that can plague a man the rest of his life if it involved smashing his instep.

anyhoo, better dang well document it.

Ya want his Email
He Might Listen to you .

Okla-homey
9/14/2008, 05:16 AM
Homey would be fightin fer the Company :P

I know a good WC guy in OKC if it comes to that.

See, the thing is, WC comp is mostly about the claimant convincing the WC court of the extent and effect of his injuries. It's not like an ordinary tort (think car wreck) case where the two sides square-off against each other.

olevetonahill
9/14/2008, 05:22 AM
I know a good WC guy in OKC if it comes to that.

See, the thing is, WC comp is mostly about the claimant convincing the WC court of the extent and effect of his injuries. It's not like an ordinary tort (think car wreck) case where the two sides square-off against each other.

Hes Hard headed ( got that from His Momas side of the Family ):rolleyes:
says if he files it they will cut em to only workin 5 days a week . hes already bitchin cause they cut em to 6 :rolleyes:
Guess If I was 10,000 miles from Home makin 32.50 an Hr Id want all that OT to.
But hell If its Broke, he aint gonna be workin any .
OH and their In hawaii

Okla-homey
9/14/2008, 05:27 AM
Ya want his Email
He Might Listen to you .

no, but you can sure tell him you and I think he's a dumarse if he doesn't have it checked out and submit the WC paperwork. If he ends up having a jacked-up foot over this, and refuses to file a claim thru WC, he'll be the one unable to work and hanging out at intersections holding a cardboard sign stating "Hungry. Please help."

BTW, why was'nt he wearing steel-toed boots?

olevetonahill
9/14/2008, 06:14 AM
no, but you can sure tell him you and I think he's a dumarse if he doesn't have it checked out and submit the WC paperwork. If he ends up having a jacked-up foot over this, and refuses to file a claim thru WC, he'll be the one unable to work and hanging out at intersections holding a cardboard sign stating "Hungry. Please help."

BTW, why was'nt he wearing steel-toed boots?

He was wearing em
I didnt get the whole story . but it sounded like it rolled Up on his foot Not his toes .

OU-HSV
9/14/2008, 07:36 AM
in

OUHOMER
9/14/2008, 07:48 AM
in, Tell him to get to the Doc, or at the very least go to his supervisor and tell him what happened and to write it down. It must be documented.

StoopTroup
9/14/2008, 08:19 AM
Dang Vet...

Hope he's OK and it's just a sprain/bruise.

In on the prayers...especially for his attitude towards getting hurt on the job.

If he's hurt bad...he should get it checked out ASAP and report it.

Then they should send him Home if they are going to cut his hours.

Wonder if Potential Income could be claimed in his lawsuit? :D

Okla-homey
9/14/2008, 09:04 AM
Dang Vet...

Hope he's OK and it's just a sprain/bruise.

In on the prayers...especially for his attitude towards getting hurt on the job.

If he's hurt bad...he should get it checked out ASAP and report it.

Then they should send him Home if they are going to cut his hours.

Wonder if Potential Income could be claimed in his lawsuit? :D

Naturally it's complicated, but lost wages are recoverable by Workers Comp claimants. Generally in the form of payments made to the claimant while he's unable to work. They also factor in lost earning potential, if any, at the settlement.

StoopTroup
9/14/2008, 09:07 AM
Sweet!

OV...don't let him settle for a case of pineapples either. ;)

BigRedJed
9/14/2008, 09:16 AM
As someone who has paid a couple of workers comp claims, I would rather my employees go straight to the hospital and get it checked out right then, on my nickel. If someone is truly hurt working for you, you want them to get right as soon as possible.

Plus, if it is looked at early there is less chance of the aforementioned chronic, lifetime problems. Also, if I send you I can make sure that you at least start with an honest, legitimate physician (I send my people to the St. Anthony ER, or Saints Occupational Health if it's not an emergency). From an employer's standpoint the REAL level of injury is documented early, which limits the opportunity for WC fraud. Legit injury to employees in the line of work does happen; it's the reason people carry WC insurance.

Well, that and the fact that the law requires them too. :D

olevetonahill
9/14/2008, 09:43 AM
Hes hardheaded ( gets that from His Mamas side of the Family )
Ive been On Both sides of the WC thingy , When I got Hurt I went to ER got Patched up and said Let me get My azz back to work
When My WC had to pay a claim on a dude that was Milkin it . On Limited duty , In other words I was paying the punk. Id tell Him to do something and Hed start Piszin an Moaning
So I called My agent and Asked him how to fire the Punannie .
He told me Oh dont do that, I said to Late I just did :D

Okla-homey
9/14/2008, 12:56 PM
Well, that and the fact that the law requires them too. :D

and, if you don't mind my saying, its a helluva deal for employers too.

It was a classic compromise for the good of employers and employees. To wit, "you pay for the insurance, and we won't let injured employees sue you if they get hurt." Here in Oklahoma, the employer can operate a hazardous scenario in which employees are almost certain to be hurt on the job, and that employer gets to wield the shield of WC to bar lawsuits from injured employees.

There are exceptions, but they're rare. Those exceptions involve facts in which it can be proven the employer knew he was ordering an employee to do something that would in all likelihood get him killed.

IMHO, altogether, its a pretty sensible way to handle inevitable on-the-job injuries. Were it not for WC, a lot of people would not be able to afford to remain in business. Just imagine trying to drill for oil or gas knowing when (not "if") a roughneck or driller got hurt, he could sue your kiester off.

BigRedJed
9/14/2008, 01:01 PM
Too, two, to. Dammit.