PDA

View Full Version : Gotta give it up to USC....

trey
9/14/2008, 12:17 AM
i hate usc as much as eveyone here on here, but god damn....they love dominating big games. i don't see how they lose this year. no way someone scores 30+ points on that D and that's what it will take because their O will score at least that much every game.

one more thing....their ex backup is the starting qb for the patriots.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/14/2008, 12:18 AM
Yep. Damn them.

I'm waiting for the proverbial hammer to be slammed on them.

DrZaius
9/14/2008, 12:20 AM
pedestrian........................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................

DrZaius
9/14/2008, 12:21 AM
Don't forget that the they still have to navigate the ULTRA-TOUGH PAC10. :eek:

Soonerus
9/14/2008, 12:21 AM
They are good but OSU sucked...

DrZaius
9/14/2008, 12:23 AM
Remember NOBODY can BEAT USC but USC...

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/14/2008, 12:24 AM
Don't forget that the they still have to navigate the ULTRA-TOUGH PAC10. :eek:

I'm kind of tired and I need new glasses, but I swear when I first read this I thought you said the ULTRA TOUCH PAC 10. :D

Soonerus
9/14/2008, 12:24 AM
I think OU matches up well with USC...

ousooners182
9/14/2008, 12:27 AM
I think our no huddle would give them some trouble with our ability to put murray as receiver then switch to slot and gresham line up wide then at t.e...i dont know about our d tho sanchez's gay *** has been looking good and their line has been playing alot better than most ppl expected but hey our d-line would get some pressure so who knows.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/14/2008, 12:31 AM
OH, also give it up to Mizzou. If we see them in KC, that will be a magical game. We might be #2 and #3 in the country.

ousooners182
9/14/2008, 12:32 AM
yup i hope so

ousooners182
9/14/2008, 12:38 AM
o and why in the world are the usc fans doing the "woot woot" bub rub thing on gameday.

shoot me now

Soonerus
9/14/2008, 12:40 AM
To win a MNC you have to beat a USC-type every year..I like OUr chances....

meoveryouxinfinity
9/14/2008, 12:44 AM
To win a MNC you have to beat a USC-type every year..I like OUr chances....

Well i'd say (so far) us now> a vince young led texas team in 2005
and USC 2005 ("we were the better team"--lol)>this usc team

like I said.. SO FAR...

JLEW1818
9/14/2008, 01:04 AM
i hate usc as much as eveyone here on here, but god damn....they love dominating big games. i don't see how they lose this year. no way someone scores 30+ points on that D and that's what it will take because their O will score at least that much every game.

Don't use the Lord's name in vain. I Don't care what you believe or what happened.

JLEW1818
9/14/2008, 01:06 AM
We still have 9 hard games before any talk.

Pigface1
9/14/2008, 01:19 AM
I would love to see OU and USC rematch in the title game, and this time, OU show up. Win or lose, at least play with the "we've got something to prove" attitude OU did in 2000, and that they've played with this year.

I'm not sold on UGA so far, and I'm not sold on Florida. OU and USC, though, both definitely seem for real.

Pigface1
9/14/2008, 01:23 AM
I think OU matches up well with USC...

Definitely. If OU stays healthy, it's a really, really good match up.

Our defense still concerns me at times, though. About once per quarter they've given up a big play vs Washington and Cincinnati. Obviously being perfect isn't reasonable, but missing tackles, etc, concerns me. USC would exploit those big time.

However, if OU holds everyone to 30 or less, OU won't lose a game this year. This offense is stupid how good it is. Demarco and Gresham alone, with Bradford, are just unreal. Then you see what Broyles and Iglesias are doing and it's a nightmare for any defense. The o-line just needs to stay healthy, and stay mean.

JLEW1818
9/14/2008, 01:33 AM
Looking at the odds and history, each of us and usc have a good chance to lose a game during the regular season. Hopefully we don't obviously. Ya'll calling a repeat national title game, of 2 undefeated teams, like in 04-05?

ousooners182
9/14/2008, 01:35 AM
im ready for some tcu revenge now

VA Sooner
9/14/2008, 01:38 AM
Looking much better but still a couple of things to work on:

1) Damn penalties... 11 for 110 yards??? Come on now...

2) Kickoff/Punt returns.

Linebackers much better... Travis Wilson is proving to be a stud. Need a backup for Reynolds for when his injury comes back, perhaps Austin Box. Keenan is still a hothead... got burned and took his agressions out later.

A great game... and yes, I think we match up very well to USC. Keep them at number 1 for the job they did on OSU. Tell us we can't win (i.e. National Champion Team 2000)... that works for motivation.

ousooners182
9/14/2008, 01:43 AM
exactly.
keep on getting usc's head even bigger if thats possible and keep us hungry

ousooners182
9/14/2008, 01:46 AM
but yeah we need to work on special teams and come on jimmy stevens! no more missed extra points. and penalties.. but overall great complete performance

JLEW1818
9/14/2008, 01:46 AM
Jimmy makes me nervous.

nBoSTP
9/14/2008, 04:30 AM
I agree. USC is by far the best college team money can buy.

silverwheels
9/14/2008, 04:44 AM
USC is very good, but Ohio State is extremely overrated. What kind of elite talent do they have outside of Laurinaitis, Jenkins, Pryor, and Wells? And Wells was out for the game. They have issues, and did not deserve their ranking. Luckily for them, their only remaining test seems to be Wisconsin, since the rest of the Big Ten don't know that they play in the FBS.

adoniijahsooner
9/14/2008, 05:42 AM
USC had a bye week to get ready for an overmatched opponent, and they beat a a down virginia team in the first week; and we are already crowning them champions? Conference play has always been tough for them; even when they had the "greatest team ever", they struggled in alot of games. Oregon can beat them, ASu can beat them, and I honestly believe Arizona will beat them. I tell you the truth, this current oklahoma team will only get better as the year goes along, but we could also realistically lose to someone in conference, so please enough with the championship talk and just enjoy the games.

olevetonahill
9/14/2008, 06:25 AM
im ready for some tcu revenge now

Zackly , Next Game up . Ill worry about the MNC when the Time comes :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
9/14/2008, 07:04 AM

So...

And please stop the Trojan Love.

You might want to go back and review some of the suc posts we got on this board after the Orange Bowl.

Then maybe you'll see why I ask you to quit any and all talk of them.

Still holding a grudge you ask?

Absolutely.

olevetonahill
9/14/2008, 07:21 AM

http://content.pyzam.com/graphics/insults/IBS.gif

The Maestro
9/14/2008, 08:07 AM
Jim Tressel did a poor job coaching. To not see what the rest of the world did with Terrelle Pryor being much more of a threat than Boeckman and being determined to stick with his senior was just a bad decision.

The Big Ten is so bad...well, at least Michigan and Ohio State. Wisky and Penn State might be the best two teams in the league.

USC should waltz into the Orange Bowl. As far as we go? Yeah, we were 3-0 and impressive this time last year. One game at a time.

StoopTroup
9/14/2008, 08:14 AM
As far as we go? Yeah, we were 3-0 and impressive this time last year. One game at a time.

Still not drinking the koolaid huh.

I guess I don't blame ya.

Maybe after the whorn throttling you'll see what I see. :D

OU-HSV
9/14/2008, 08:40 AM
Looking much better but still a couple of things to work on:

1) Damn penalties... 11 for 110 yards??? Come on now...

2) Kickoff/Punt returns.

Linebackers much better... Travis Wilson is proving to be a stud. Need a backup for Reynolds for when his injury comes back, perhaps Austin Box. Keenan is still a hothead... got burned and took his agressions out later.

A great game... and yes, I think we match up very well to USC. Keep them at number 1 for the job they did on OSU. Tell us we can't win (i.e. National Champion Team 2000)... that works for motivation.

You meant Travis Lewis, not Wilson.

Bottom line is this...SUC is good, HOWEVER as others have said, tOSU really sucks. And it took SUC a while to get going in that game last night (at least as far as I could tell from flipping to their game on our commercials).

OU-HSV
9/14/2008, 08:44 AM
Zackly , Next Game up . Ill worry about the MNC when the Time comes :rolleyes:

Yep, looking forward to that one.
A couple years ago when I attended the TCU game of which we don't speak of....I took my wife with me, it was her first OU game to go to.
Needless to say, this year, the wife stays home...and I'll be coming to the game....I'm ready for us to open up that huge can off revenge whoopazz :hot:

fossil
9/14/2008, 09:02 AM
They are good but OSU sucked...

I have to agree, TOSU looked might average if that. Methinks they were much, much overrated this year.

The Maestro
9/14/2008, 09:03 AM
Still not drinking the koolaid huh.

I guess I don't blame ya.

Maybe after the whorn throttling you'll see what I see. :D

Nope. TCU. That's all that matters.

Just remember....

OSU in 2001.

aTm and OSU in 2002.

K-State in 2003.

Colorado and Texas Tech in 2007.

I think this OU team can be very special, but all we need to do right now is work hard, practice hard and get ready for TCU. That's as far as this team needs to look.

If USC wants to look ahead to the title game, fine. They did that last year, too...then came Stanford. Stanford?!?!?

olevetonahill
9/14/2008, 09:25 AM
I seem to Be always LMFAO at the nOObs . trying to put the MNC game after we go 3 an 0
Dudes Its still a Long season lets enjoy it ONE MOTHER****ING Game at a time :rolleyes: :pop: