PDA

View Full Version : Game announcers

GottaHavePride
9/13/2008, 10:33 PM
I can't remember their names, but these guys were actually entertaining. Nicely done.

My favorite line: "He couldn't even get out of the backfield because there was a team picture of the defense standing in his way!"

GottaHavePride
9/13/2008, 10:34 PM
Second prize: "This place was loud about three hours ago. Now it's very quiet. You can hear a purple jersey drop."

soonerinabilene
9/13/2008, 10:34 PM
no bob davie makes soonerinabilene happy in his pants.

BoulderSooner79
9/13/2008, 10:35 PM
I thought they were excellent at both play by play and commentary.

Johnny Utah
9/13/2008, 10:35 PM
they were blackledge and patrick ...

StoopTroup
9/13/2008, 10:37 PM
they were blackledge and patrick ...

and Guy La******. :D

http://b5.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00062/55/87/62907855_s.jpg

meoveryouxinfinity
9/13/2008, 10:38 PM
LOL. Anyone see blacklegde look like a faaaaaag?

Eating some girly salmon: "my partner makes fun of me for eating greasy fried foods all the time..." *takes a bite* "mmm this is exquisite!"

Flying Scotsman
9/13/2008, 10:38 PM
...They did point out the Washington thuggery on Granger on several occassions

GottaHavePride
9/13/2008, 10:39 PM

Eating some girly salmon: "my partner makes fun of me for eating greasy fried foods all the time..." *takes a bite* "mmm this is exquisite!"

Yeah. He was pretty clearly doing it to be funny, though.

It worked.

BoulderSooner79
9/13/2008, 10:42 PM

It worked for me, I wrote down a note to be sure to eat at Chinook's if I ever make it up to Seattle. Pass the girly salmon, please.

GottaHavePride
9/13/2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah, that looked AWEsome.

tommieharris91
9/13/2008, 10:45 PM

The fish looked tasty to me. :texan:

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 10:49 PM
yes yes yes

birddog
9/13/2008, 10:50 PM
mike patrick is the best in the business. seemed strange hearing him announce something other than an sec night game.

RiddlerOK
9/13/2008, 11:19 PM
Agreed. If I'm not mistaken, I can't ever recall him doing a game on the west coast. I guess there's a first time for everything. :)

Salt City Sooner
9/13/2008, 11:20 PM
mike patrick is the best in the business. seemed strange hearing him announce something other than an sec night game.
x2. He's always been one of my favorites. Wish we could get him more, but as noted, he's usually out east somewhere. Good to see that he's still doing well after his surgery (well, 'cept for pulling a Brando with the grecian :D ).

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/13/2008, 11:36 PM
This was the most props I've heard announcers give us since I can't remember. Even Mr. Gal said, "Wow, these announcers are actually saying good things about OU."

jdsooner
9/13/2008, 11:40 PM
I liked the comment about turning the ball over against a team like OU means a "butt whipping" and that's what this game is. Beautiful!

SWFloridaSooner
9/13/2008, 11:47 PM
It did make the game more enjoyable to watch! They even gave Bob props for being a good guy. We don't usually get this much love from the announcers.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/13/2008, 11:53 PM
It worked for me, I wrote down a note to be sure to eat at Chinook's if I ever make it up to Seattle. Pass the girly salmon, please.

lol i'll bring you a cosmo too

adoniijahsooner
9/14/2008, 05:47 AM
Mike Patrick is the best college announcer by far, in my opinion. I use to like nessler until they put that idiot on with them.

cvsooner
9/14/2008, 04:20 PM
Announcers were good but the camera work was awful. Kept cutting away to crowd reaction shots at stupid times, not enough replays. ESPN definitely had a second team camera crew and director on this game.

bluedogok
9/14/2008, 04:25 PM
I liked the old Sunday Night NFL team of Patrick, Theisman and McGuire, much better than the "new" MNF crew. Patrick is solid.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/14/2008, 04:26 PM
...They did point out the Washington thuggery on Granger on several occassions

Granger deserved it. He took a cheap shot and then laughed about it. You reap what you sow.

colleyvillesooner
9/14/2008, 05:26 PM
neg

Widescreen
9/14/2008, 05:47 PM
Granger deserved it. He took a cheap shot and then laughed about it. You reap what you sow.

Yeah, he deserved to get assaulted for knocking over an offensive lineman. Whatever.

owenfieldreams
9/14/2008, 07:23 PM
I have always thought Patrick was an ACC homer but it comes from his b-ball broadcasting.He thinks Carolina vs Duke is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I am sorry but when is it a personal foul for a DT to respond to a pre-snap charge by an O-lineman by putting him on his a--? It happens all the time & never gets called. What UDUB did to Granger was totally uncalled for.

I am not as upset with what they did after he was on the ground but if you look at the replay, they double-teamed him & the 3rd guy trap blocked him from the side, going for his knee. He missed him & Granger turned his ankle when he went down & then they pummeled him.

CK Sooner
9/14/2008, 07:34 PM

The town idiot.

:texan:

The VIIIth
9/14/2008, 09:40 PM

With Red Pepper Beurre Blanc Sauce...:D

Curly Bill
9/14/2008, 09:46 PM

You were beat up a lot as a kid huh? Maybe even still?

StoopTroup
9/14/2008, 09:48 PM

Good thing I'm not a Mod. :mad:

Curly Bill
9/14/2008, 09:49 PM
Good thing I'm not a Mod. :mad:

Or had SPEK capability. ;)

jwlynn64
9/15/2008, 12:43 PM
... but the camera work was awful. Kept cutting away to crowd reaction shots at stupid times, not enough replays. ESPN definitely had a second team camera crew and director on this game.

I'll second that. There was one play where a WU lineman moved early and they ended up calling Austin English for offsides. I saw it when it happened and was shocked that the call went against us.

I kept waiting for a replay that never came.

I remember thinking that we get better replays now on the new Sooner Vision at Owen Field.

PS - Don't let the troll hi-jack the thread.

fadada1
9/15/2008, 01:12 PM
i grew up a PSU fan, so i'm a big fan of blackledge. was 11 when they won the championship in '82. curt warner (the REAL curt warner) is still one of my favorite running backs from that team. blackledge was in the great draft class with marino and all those guys. wish he would've been better as a pro.

stoopified
9/15/2008, 01:27 PM
The thing I liked most about this crew is they did NOT mention ND even once.They stuck to the game at hand.

adoniijahsooner
9/15/2008, 01:42 PM
The thing I liked most about this crew is they did NOT mention ND even once.They stuck to the game at hand.

And USC was only mentioned once

bluedogok
9/15/2008, 07:19 PM
And USC was only mentioned once
That is a little more understandable considering UW is a Pac-10 school. It's like when OU or Texas gets mentioned during any Big 12 game.

BoulderSooner79
9/15/2008, 08:04 PM
Yeah, he deserved to get assaulted for knocking over an offensive lineman. Whatever.

I didn't see it that way and I'm no homer. It looked like Granger just fired out on the false start. Those D-lineman have to be pretty wound up waiting on the snap. Didn't look like he hit the guy very hard - the guys was off-balance from reacting to the false start. You see that pretty often and I was surprised they even flagged him. The "payback" was more due to those UW guys getting their butts whipped in the game.

KingBarry
9/16/2008, 05:09 AM
I didn't see it that way and I'm no homer. It looked like Granger just fired out on the false start. Those D-lineman have to be pretty wound up waiting on the snap. Didn't look like he hit the guy very hard - the guys was off-balance from reacting to the false start. You see that pretty often and I was surprised they even flagged him. The "payback" was more due to those UW guys getting their butts whipped in the game.

Yeah, i agree with you. My thought was that only got flagged because the refs were having so much trouble keeping the game under control. Udub seemed to be looking for a fight, for some reason. Guess the 55 points we rolled up is enough of a statement.

I am not criticising the officials for this call, and in fact if I am right, then they probably threw the flag hoping that it would preclude the "payback" that wound up coming on the next play anyway.

Seriously, I am wondering if there has been any follow up on this since the game? This is something where even the Udub coaches should be all over those guys.