PDA

View Full Version : Article on UGA's ranking...

StormySooner-IN
9/13/2008, 10:33 PM
This guy does not approve of the ranking.....

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10975988

The problem is more fundamental than Georgia's bad group of receivers, bad pass coverage and bad play-calling. Georgia is ranked No. 2 in the country. That's the problem. But it's a fixable problem. It can be rectified as soon as Sunday night when coaches and media make their newest Top 25 polls and drop the Bulldogs like a left hook to the jaw.

He also says the punter is their best player. I have to agree.:D

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 10:35 PM
Moreno is a stud though..but georgia is overrated and will lose at arizona state probably..but who knows with the pac10

Big Red Ron
9/13/2008, 10:54 PM
BWWWWAAAA

Georgia has alleged Heisman Trophy candidates at running back and quarterback, and Georgia managed just 252 yards.

CK Sooner
9/13/2008, 10:58 PM
Moreno is a stud though..but georgia is overrated and will lose at arizona state probably..but who knows with the pac10

He did get stuffed on almost every play though.

sooner518
9/13/2008, 11:03 PM
it looks like hes returning punts now and will probably start doing kickoff returns to gain more precious "all purpose" yards. gag

bri
9/13/2008, 11:03 PM
I would say that we need to leapfrog Georgia, but it's painfully obvious that they'll drop a couple of games along the way and take themselves out of the picture. They'll pull the same crap they always do; they'll lose two conference games, taking them out of contention within their own division, then they'll steamroll the second half of their schedule, sit at home watching the SEC championship game again, then bitch and moan that THEY should be playing for the BCS title.

F*ck Georgia, and their little dog too.

goingoneight
9/14/2008, 12:19 AM
A lot of people are ranking UGA high for three reasons...

"It's Mark Richt's turn" to win an MNC, being one of the top coaches in the game.

SEC

They mistakenly assumed Stafford has taken the next step he clearly hasnt yet in going from "potent" to "elite." Same could be said for the offense as a whole.

They beat Hawaii into the ground. Cool.

Guess what, though... Washington almost beat them in the season finale. Yeah... THAT Washington. Hawaii was no Boise State... having eeked out most of their victories against a terrible schedule, relying on lucky breaks and media "Cinderella" love all season long.

Georgia did what we didn't do against Boise, they took care of the football and got more than just field goals and penalties for more than just the fourth quarter. In the end, the athletic advantage they (and we for that matter) had always shows itself dominant. Look at today for instance... defense looks okay at best, but the offense gets out there and surrenders nothing, protects the football and plays with a will to execute and win. Take three of those touchdowns and replace them with, say... three Paul Thompson interceptions. That's 21 off of the 55 we scored. UW missed 3 FGs. That don't happen very often. What I'm saying is this UW team succ'd, really... but put a good team up against us and the the game gets extremely tough with mental mistakes. Get a team that can actually put the ball through the uprights, force us into penalties and, oh... I don't know... RUN the football... we're still good, but very beatable. My opinion is there are a number of reasons why we've lost in recent years, a great majority of the time it's because we've hurt ourselves with penalties and turnovers against teams that have the talent to challenge us.

Having rambled all of that, I'm saying that UGA basically took care of business against an inferior opponent in a bowl game, and people started believing they were way further along than they were. I'll bet if they played WVU in the Fiesta Bowl, they'd have two losses to Pat White and Co. They'd probably look way worse if they were missing 6 starters because I don't see UGA's offense anywhere near as good as ours was/is. They started to get the USC credentials, the credentials you get from playing a tough schedule, winning 10 or more games and returning a slew of starters the next year. USC's handle was the Leinfart era and supposed 2 MNCs, UGA's is the "we're in the SEC, so that must mean we're great." Basically riding UF and LSU's coattails and a bowl game win to the top of the polls in a completely new and different CFB season.

SoonerLB
9/14/2008, 12:42 AM
Georgia over rated? As far as I'm concerned, the entire SEC is over rated. Again!!

DrZaius
9/14/2008, 12:45 AM
I would say that we need to leapfrog Georgia, but it's painfully obvious that they'll drop a couple of games along the way and take themselves out of the picture. They'll pull the same crap they always do; they'll lose two conference games, taking them out of contention within their own division, then they'll steamroll the second half of their schedule, sit at home watching the SEC championship game again, then bitch and moan that THEY should be playing for the BCS title.

F*ck Georgia, and their little dog too.

YES !!!!!!!!

DrZaius
9/14/2008, 12:51 AM
Georgia over rated? As far as I'm concerned, the entire SEC is over rated. Again!!

You are talking about the GREATEST conference to EVAR take field in the sport of College Football. The have more speed than Durant, OK and not even people in a car can keep up with those special and talented young men of the SEC. The only teams that can beat teams in the SEC are in the SEC. Did I mention the speed of the game in the SEC? They are so fast that they often run completely out of the stadium before they realize that they have been handed the ball. Teams in the SEC are completely more complete than most NFL teams. I rest my case............NOT

:D

meoveryouxinfinity
9/14/2008, 12:55 AM
You are talking about the GREATEST conference to EVAR take field in the sport of College Football. The have more speed than Durant, OK and not even people in a car can keep up with those special and talented young men of the SEC. The only teams that can beat teams in the SEC are in the SEC. Did I mention the speed of the game in the SEC? They are so fast that they often run completely out of the stadium before they realize that they have been handed the ball. Teams in the SEC are completely more complete than most NFL teams. I rest my case............NOT

:D

Lol this reminds me of a story when my grandfather was playing for Oklahoma State. He said one game got so bad a player ran out of the stadium. They (Ok A&M) were throwing a deep desperation ball into the endzone. The WR ran his deep route and kept running.. out of the stadium... LOL true story.

JLEW1818
9/14/2008, 01:00 AM
I would love to see our top 5 vs the SEC top 5.

SoonerLB
9/14/2008, 01:38 AM
That would be 5 losses for the SEC, but, alas, they're used to losing these days! :)

Johnny Utah
9/14/2008, 09:54 AM
A lot of people are ranking UGA high for three reasons...

"It's Mark Richt's turn" to win an MNC, being one of the top coaches in the game.

SEC

They mistakenly assumed Stafford has taken the next step he clearly hasnt yet in going from "potent" to "elite." Same could be said for the offense as a whole.

They beat Hawaii into the ground. Cool.

Guess what, though... Washington almost beat them in the season finale. Yeah... THAT Washington. Hawaii was no Boise State... having eeked out most of their victories against a terrible schedule, relying on lucky breaks and media "Cinderella" love all season long.

Georgia did what we didn't do against Boise, they took care of the football and got more than just field goals and penalties for more than just the fourth quarter. In the end, the athletic advantage they (and we for that matter) had always shows itself dominant. Look at today for instance... defense looks okay at best, but the offense gets out there and surrenders nothing, protects the football and plays with a will to execute and win. Take three of those touchdowns and replace them with, say... three Paul Thompson interceptions. That's 21 off of the 55 we scored. UW missed 3 FGs. That don't happen very often. What I'm saying is this UW team succ'd, really... but put a good team up against us and the the game gets extremely tough with mental mistakes. Get a team that can actually put the ball through the uprights, force us into penalties and, oh... I don't know... RUN the football... we're still good, but very beatable. My opinion is there are a number of reasons why we've lost in recent years, a great majority of the time it's because we've hurt ourselves with penalties and turnovers against teams that have the talent to challenge us.

Having rambled all of that, I'm saying that UGA basically took care of business against an inferior opponent in a bowl game, and people started believing they were way further along than they were. I'll bet if they played WVU in the Fiesta Bowl, they'd have two losses to Pat White and Co. They'd probably look way worse if they were missing 6 starters because I don't see UGA's offense anywhere near as good as ours was/is. They started to get the USC credentials, the credentials you get from playing a tough schedule, winning 10 or more games and returning a slew of starters the next year. USC's handle was the Leinfart era and supposed 2 MNCs, UGA's is the "we're in the SEC, so that must mean we're great." Basically riding UF and LSU's coattails and a bowl game win to the top of the polls in a completely new and different CFB season.

As much as I hate to agree with what you wrote, I think that's a spot on assessment of the situation. Just this morning on the espn "game changing moment", of the 4 plays they put up for vote, 1 was the sc fumble at the uga goal line and 1 was of the usc interception return for the td. With osu out of contention for now it becoming clear that they want to set up a uga vs usc title game.