PDA

View Full Version : Was Bomar getting thrown off the team the best thing that ever happened to us?

My Opinion Matters
9/13/2008, 10:16 PM
Clearly the kid had character issues, but I mean from a strictly performance on the field standpoint. Sam would be sitting on the bench behind that knucklehead right now if he were still around. We need to begin to realize that we are watching a kid, statistically speaking, that could feasibly become the greatest quarterback in the history of college football.

soonerinabilene
9/13/2008, 10:20 PM
Man, thats a tough call. With Bomar, we would PROBABLY be in the same position we are now, and QUITE POSSIBLY played for the MNC last year. On the field, he grew quite a bit during his year of playing, and would have no doubt become a stud if Heupel could have kept his ego in check.

That said, I wouldnt trade Sam for anybody right now. Great QB, great leader, and great overall person. Much better face for the program, and not a head case.

Soonermagik
9/13/2008, 10:22 PM
Yes.

My Opinion Matters
9/13/2008, 10:23 PM
Man, thats a tough call. With Bomar, we would PROBABLY be in the same position we are now, and QUITE POSSIBLY played for the MNC last year. On the field, he grew quite a bit during his year of playing, and would have no doubt become a stud if Heupel could have kept his ego in check.

That said, I wouldnt trade Sam for anybody right now. Great QB, great leader, and great overall person. Much better face for the program, and not a head case.

Do you honestly believe Bomar could match Sam's on the field performance? I have a hard time bringing myself to believe that.

winnard
9/13/2008, 10:23 PM

Sam is >>>>than Bomar. Bomar reminded me of John Belushi, all confused.

winnard

Wishboned
9/13/2008, 10:30 PM
That's why I hold no ill will towards Bomar.

soonerinabilene
9/13/2008, 10:30 PM
Do you honestly believe Bomar could match Sam's on the field performance? I have a hard time bringing myself to believe that.

I dont think there is any doubt that Bomar was a much better athlete than sam. Not saying he was a better qb, because he most definetly was not. But, he did have the tools that if he just listened to the coaches, and really let Josh become his mentor, he would be compared to Tebow right now. The offense would have been completely different than it is for Sam. With Bomar, he was being groomed to be a dual threat. Sam is not that.

Like I said, I wouldnt change a damn thing. But if Bomar had half the maturity that Sam has, he would have gone down as one the greatest qbs at OU. Stat wise, he wouldnt have been close when it comes to accuracy and efficiency because he was gunslinger, but as far as wins go, he could have been special.

I AM NOT IN ANY WAY SAYING THAT BOMAR IS BETTER THAN SAM. I AM SIMPLY SAYING WE WOULD STILL BE A TOP 2 PROGRAM WITH HIM. A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LOOKING TEAM, BUT STILL TOP 2

CK Sooner
9/13/2008, 10:31 PM
Yes.

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 10:33 PM
i just give rhett props for saying osu will always be ou's little sister last year lol

Scoregasm
9/13/2008, 10:34 PM
Yes, Yes and Yes!

GottaHavePride
9/13/2008, 10:38 PM
Hmm. I don't know where I'd rank that one compared to the hiring of Bob Stoops and Mrs. Selmon giving birth. Kind of a toss-up there.

;)

tulsaoilerfan
9/13/2008, 10:41 PM

Me 2;if Sam plays 4 years at OU, he will set the bar so high that i don't think anyone will ever be better

soonerinabilene
9/13/2008, 10:47 PM
Me 2;if Sam plays 4 years at OU, he will set the bar so high that i don't think anyone will ever be better

I completely, totally agree with that. I guess my point is that if the whole Bomar thing hadnt happened, and he was still the qb, the team would still be having just as much success. But, once again, I wouldnt trade Sam for anything.

Flagstaffsooner
9/13/2008, 10:49 PM
God obviously likes us.

Except in January.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/13/2008, 10:52 PM
I wonder what would've happened had PT stayed the starter. Hmmph! Bomar gets caught. Goes under the radar as he never became a starter. Leaves the team. Headlines slide by as "Oklahoma backup released from team". PT gets 2 seasons in a row. Sam takes over as a RS Fresh.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/13/2008, 10:53 PM
God obviously likes us.

Except in January.

I guess he works in funny ways, eh?

Piware
9/13/2008, 11:22 PM
Yes! Despite his athletic abilities, Bomar lacked character and consistently put himself before the team. He demonstrated that with several smaller incidents. Little did anyone know what he was really up to. I hope he learned a lesson and is successful - as long as it isn't in a Sooner jersey.
I wouldn't trade Sam for 2 Bomars.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/13/2008, 11:27 PM
I'll see your 2 Bomars and raise you a Boo Blake and a pair of Rawls.

RiddlerOK
9/13/2008, 11:27 PM
Boy haven't we come a long way from 2005?

And to think TCU is up next.......

Time for a little payback if you ask me. :)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/14/2008, 12:02 AM
Boy haven't we come a long way from 2005?

And to think TCU is up next.......

Time for a little payback if you ask me. :)I hope it's a repeat of this Washington game, except for OU's injuries.

Hella Sideburns
9/14/2008, 12:09 AM
The win today gave me a bomar