PDA

View Full Version : PAC 10 Officials. Lack of control! Now Kids Are Getting Hurt!

Rogue
9/13/2008, 08:27 PM
I hate them.
They jobbed us in Eugene.

Jobbed UW last week.

And just let 3 UW players beat D. Granger on the ground and he's out.

Run up the score, never play at a PAC-10 school again, and don't look back.
They should be investigated. An official's job is to control the game so at least kids don't get hurt unnecessarily.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

blackbeauty02
9/13/2008, 08:31 PM
I hate them.
They jobbed us in Eugene.

Jobbed UW last week.

And just let 3 UW players beat D. Grainger on the ground and he's out.

Run up the score, never play at a PAC-10 school again, and don't look back.
They should be investigated. An official's job is to control the game so at least kids don't get hurt unnecessarily.

I came on here to vent about this too. Complete and utter bull****. Triple team the guy and visibly punching a player? How do you not see that? Oh yea...forgot it's the same guys that reffed the Oregon game.

GrapevineSooner
9/13/2008, 08:33 PM
All I know is Casey Bulyca ought to be sitting for at least a few games for that crap.

That's ridiculous.

SoonerMom2
9/13/2008, 08:35 PM
These are the same refs that stole the game for the Ugly Ducks? No more PAC-10 Teams need to be on our schedule! When they come to Norman they bring their refs and when we play there they get their refs. PAC-10 SUCKS!

Also sick and tired of the announcers being so pro PAC-10!

CK Sooner
9/13/2008, 08:36 PM
Here is the piece of **** that did it.

Ugly ****.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/tannerholmes/236871.jpg

chad
9/13/2008, 08:37 PM
Pac-10 refs are still working OSU over.

Succ had an interception return where the guy stepped out at the 5 yard line and they let the TD stand. Not that Succ wouldn't have scored, but still. it's BS reffing

boomersooner28
9/13/2008, 08:40 PM
We need to go for triple digits on these mother****ers! C'mon Bob! Run them in the ****ing ground!

Shamrock
9/13/2008, 08:43 PM
PAC 10 refs are paid by the mob ... seriously.

Those kids who chop blocked Granger should be kicked out of school. That's an illegal block and dirty. Add the extra punch thrown at the end, and UW is a team that mediocre coach Ty Willingham has lost control over. What bunk!

aurorasooner
9/13/2008, 08:48 PM
Have to agree that the PAC-10 officials are pretty poor. I don't have a problem with a triple team, but he d*&n sure didn't deserve to get punched, and HitH the officials missed something like that for a flag, is beyond me. Hopefully those officials will pull their head out and do what that announcer said & go to each locker-room and settle things down. I've got a feeling after this game we won't schedule any more PAC-10 teams during the regular season until they upgrade their officials or at least agree to bring opposing conference officials to officiate on the west coast, which seems to be the standard for the other conferences.

chad
9/13/2008, 08:52 PM
OSU fumbled the ball, and it was bouncing around on the ground. Two SC players jump at the ball, blocking the line judges view of it. The players don't get the ball though and it squirts out to an OSU player who falls on it.

The line judge runs up and signals that it was SC's ball totally ignoring the fact OSU was holding the ball.
The call was then discussed by the head ref and upheld as SC's ball, despite the judge who called it couldn't see it. No review was performed.

Luckily OSU intercepted the ball a few plays later preventing a TD.

PAC-10 refs need to go back to school

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
9/13/2008, 09:05 PM
The above play was actually recovered by USC. The guys jumped on it, had possession, then the ball squirted free. It wasn't like the Oregon game when they never did have the ball and OU recovered it. As much as I HATE USC it was the right call

Ruuuuuufus
9/13/2008, 09:12 PM
Here is the piece of **** that did it.

Ugly ****.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/tannerholmes/236871.jpg

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Full-Metal-Jacket-ps03.jpg

Rogue
9/13/2008, 09:22 PM
Granger should file assault charges.
:mad:

emoinwinter
9/13/2008, 09:49 PM
We all know what to think about it. Would someone please post an update when anything is released? Thanks!

bringit
9/13/2008, 09:51 PM
maybe somebody will put this on youtube. i saw two replays and did not see a punch, but maybe I should look again.

trey
9/13/2008, 09:54 PM
i'm at the game...what r they saying?

OKLA21FAN
9/13/2008, 09:55 PM
maybe i am drunk......

but i still can't see where the lower leg/foot injury happened

i saw all the other stuff, (the punching and kneeing) and while that was not a good thing, i don't see wear Granger hurt his leg. (its not 'illegal' to triple team a DLineman) classless maybe, but not illegal.

any help out there?

emoinwinter
9/13/2008, 09:56 PM
On the television broadcast, all they have said is that it is a left foot injury. He is on crutches with a boot.

Rogue
9/13/2008, 10:08 PM
(its not 'illegal' to triple team a DLineman) classless maybe, but not illegal.

any help out there?

Triple-teaming is not illegal.
3 men laying on another and punching him is assault.

birddog
9/13/2008, 10:09 PM
pokes are classy tonight...

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=56963

StoopTroup
9/13/2008, 10:09 PM
He'll be fine.

He looked relaxed and not worried at all.

He was on his feet with some crutches to lean on but I'm betting they just want him to rest it a little.

Just a feeling.

birddog
9/13/2008, 10:10 PM

i'll put this in this thread, too...

StoopTroup
9/13/2008, 10:11 PM

If anyone knows about having an 0-3 start....it's the pokies.

They actually do look a little better this year though.

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 10:14 PM
i agree with stoup

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 10:15 PM
but yeah whats up with the osu fans..get a life

bluedogok
9/13/2008, 10:16 PM
...and people wonder why I dislike the Pokes more than the Whorns

I used to work with 100+ of them, most were cool and had fun with the rivalry but the obnoxious ones were worse than any Whorn I have run across living in Austin for 5 years.

birddog
9/13/2008, 10:18 PM
it just eats at the pokes so bad that they are so irrelevant that they'll grasp at anything to make themselves feel better.

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 10:21 PM
agreed

Remembering Tom Stidham
9/13/2008, 10:25 PM
Granger's injury was intentional. 3 Washington linemen went after him with fists and weight.

emoinwinter
9/13/2008, 10:26 PM
Granger's injury was intentional. 3 Washington linemen went after him with fists and weight.

agreed. When you put that much weight on someone, something is bound to get hurt. He probably went to plant on his foot, and all the weight ended up being put on that leg.

StoopTroup
9/13/2008, 10:28 PM

I watched the replay more than once....

I agree they did go after him....but I didn't see what exactly got him hurt.

Especially if it was his ankle.

The guy that threw the punch barely hit him IMO.

I'm not saying what they did was right...just saying it wasn't clear to me what or how he got hurt on the play.

Soonerus
9/13/2008, 10:29 PM

I cannot believe how the refs missed that...should have been an ejection...

CK Sooner
9/13/2008, 10:30 PM

I would like to break that guys legs..

mojorisen2014
9/13/2008, 10:31 PM
Lets say it is bad, is he eligible for a medical redshirt?

thesnowbishop
9/13/2008, 10:34 PM
maybe i am drunk......

but i still can't see where the lower leg/foot injury happened

i saw all the other stuff, (the punching and kneeing) and while that was not a good thing, i don't see wear Granger hurt his leg. (its not 'illegal' to triple team a DLineman) classless maybe, but not illegal.

any help out there?

I think his ankle got rolled up underneath him when he dug in to fight through the block. I don't think the punching had a direct effect to the injury--just bush league.

Wishboned
9/13/2008, 10:37 PM

OU has always been my favorite team. For as long as I can remember. But when I was growing up I would cheer for OSU as well.

But it was attitudes like this that make me wish OSU loses every single game.

tulsaoilerfan
9/13/2008, 10:38 PM

I think he's already burned his red shirt, but IF he hasn't, then he would be eligible since he would only have played in 3 games out of the 12 scheduled; i believe the most u can play is 25% of your team's schedule

Boarder
9/13/2008, 10:38 PM
I wonder how pokefan reacted to the "Quarterbacks of the Big 12" thing they had. I can't believe they left out the supposed actual best quarterback in the history of the world.

StoopTroup
9/13/2008, 10:39 PM
OU has always been my favorite team. For as long as I can remember. But when I was growing up I would cheer for OSU as well.

Agreed.

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 10:39 PM
i think he would. he would have to go through the ncaa but im sure they would allow it as he played 2 games and they would prob look at how it happened.

but no way its that serious he was moving to well on the sideline

Rock Hard Corn Frog
9/13/2008, 10:40 PM

At long as he doesn't try to sneak it out of the store....:D

It didn't look to me like an end of the year injury. So long as he is back by the Texas game I think we should be fine.

StoopTroup
9/13/2008, 10:40 PM
Granger is just a kid who does everything right....[hairGel]

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 10:41 PM
because a medical redshirt is diff then a normal one..you can have 2 med. redshirts

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 10:42 PM
he should be back by the texas game..im glad we got the bye now

soonershane22
9/13/2008, 10:42 PM
http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Full-Metal-Jacket-ps03.jpg

HAHAHAHA Beat me to it!! Classic!

emoinwinter
9/13/2008, 10:43 PM
With his talent I doubt that he would get to the point where he would rather stay here and take a medical redshirt, instead of going pro.

SoonerDood
9/13/2008, 10:45 PM
We should have ordered a Code Red on Locker for that. Or least on that's dude's protective boot.

CK Sooner
9/13/2008, 10:48 PM
We should have ordered a Code Red on Locker for that. Or least on that's dude's protective boot.

Not Locker.

The guy who did it.

OldTimeSooner
9/13/2008, 10:50 PM
Watching the replay several times, I believe that I saw one of the Washington linemen drop a knee hard on Granger's foot as they were all going down - and it appeared to me to be aimed. There should be suspensions for this.

birddog
9/13/2008, 10:52 PM
Watching the replay several times, I believe that I saw one of the Washington linemen drop a knee hard on Granger's foot as they were all going down - and it appeared to me to be aimed. There should be suspensions for this.

i never actually saw it but it sounds similar to the complaints the cincy players had last week after grutza broke his foot.

OldTimeSooner
9/13/2008, 10:59 PM
They claimed Grutza was being punched? They claimed a deliberate multi-team payback mugging?

CK Sooner
9/13/2008, 10:59 PM

All I saw was the punch that was thrown at his leg.

That may have had nothing to do with it though.

birddog
9/13/2008, 11:04 PM
They claimed Grutza was being punched? They claimed a deliberate multi-team payback mugging?

nah they claimed one player twisted his ankle while another shoved his head to the ground.

jdsooner
9/13/2008, 11:05 PM
Classy play by huskies. NOT!
Classy comments by pukes. NOT!
Classy officiating by puke 10 refs. NOT!

bri
9/13/2008, 11:09 PM
Ultimately, that play just illustrates the perpetual wellspring of fail that is Washington Husky football. Three spare nobodies ganged up on a key member of our defense, and all they accomplished was knocking him out of a game we ran away with. He's got a bye week to rest, then probably he'll lose a chance to pad his numbers against the latest version of Baylor fail before returning to help us deflate Texas' dreams once again.

Meanwhile, Husky will be lucky to sniff .500 this year. Their coach will be fired, their names will be forgotten, and years from now the only memory of their playing careers they'll have to look back on is the time that it took three of them to injure one guy in a game where they got *ss-raped on national TV.

Those guys are wastes of air and skin.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/13/2008, 11:10 PM
You associating those guys with skin reeeeeeeally pisses skin off.

Skin's lawyers will be in touch.

Salt City Sooner
9/13/2008, 11:13 PM
These are the same refs that stole the game for the Ugly Ducks? No more PAC-10 Teams need to be on our schedule! When they come to Norman they bring their refs and when we play there they get their refs. PAC-10 SUCKS!

Hasn't happened.

tommieharris91
9/13/2008, 11:14 PM
You associating those guys with skin reeeeeeeally pisses skin off.

Skin's lawyers will be in touch.

Skin's lawyer (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=36730)

Tulsa_Fireman
9/13/2008, 11:15 PM
No, that's Skin's poker ATM.

SoonerBOI
9/13/2008, 11:17 PM
Ultimately, that play just illustrates the perpetual wellspring of fail that is Washington Husky football. Three spare nobodies ganged up on a key member of our defense, and all they accomplished was knocking him out of a game we ran away with. He's got a bye week to rest, then probably he'll lose a chance to pad his numbers against the latest version of Baylor fail before returning to help us deflate Texas' dreams once again.

Meanwhile, Husky will be lucky to sniff .500 this year. Their coach will be fired, their names will be forgotten, and years from now the only memory of their playing careers they'll have to look back on is the time that it took three of them to injure one guy in a game where they got *ss-raped on national TV.

Those guys are wastes of air and skin.

Dad?:D ;)

Tulsa_Fireman
9/13/2008, 11:20 PM
Husky: My butt hurts. Pass the weed, I was on TV!

crimson&cream
9/13/2008, 11:27 PM
If anyone knows about having an 0-3 start....it's the pokies.

They actually do look a little better this year though.
But, they should look who they've played. Like who's MO State.... NAIA.LOL I read an article this week rating the worst team in college FB an Wash St was 6th no wonder LosuR beat them so bad.

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 11:35 PM
I wonder how pokefan reacted to the "Quarterbacks of the Big 12" thing they had. I can't believe they left out the supposed actual best quarterback in the history of the world.
lmao

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/13/2008, 11:40 PM
...and people wonder why I dislike the Pokes more than the Whorns

I used to work with 100+ of them, most were cool and had fun with the rivalry but the obnoxious ones were worse than any Whorn I have run across living in Austin for 5 years.Whorns don't feel pwned by OU as much as orange aggy does. Consequently, they're not quite as hostile.(IMHO)

soonergregmsw9802
9/13/2008, 11:56 PM
This may be a repeat question, if so my bad, but I gotta ask in reference to this Granger stuff, since when is it a penalty to hit the lineman across from ya when there is a false start? I thought that was just friggin football. Seemed cheap to even call the penalty, and then the husky pups got their feelings hurt and triple team him afterward.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/13/2008, 11:57 PM
This may be a repeat question, if so my bad, but I gotta ask in reference to this Granger stuff, since when is it a penalty to hit the lineman across from ya when there is a false start? I thought that was just friggin football. Seemed cheap to even call the penalty, and then the husky pups got their feelings hurt and triple team him afterward.

You play until you KNOW the ball is dead.
ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9byZiJj4Vxw

aurorasooner
9/13/2008, 11:59 PM
Unbelievable. Wisky just got totally screwed in the Fresno State game. Terrible call on that Fresno catch and fumble. I was pulling for Fresno but now I'm rooting for Wisky after that chetty zebra call.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/14/2008, 12:08 AM
I think his ankle got rolled up underneath him when he dug in to fight through the block. I don't think the punching had a direct effect to the injury--just bush league.That's what it looked like to me, too.

SleestakSooner
9/14/2008, 12:20 AM

This is the same thing I saw after watching it in slow motion several times. The one Huskie was holding Granger down, almost pinning his shoulders, while the huskier Huskie dropped a knee right on his ankle. It appeared to me that he was aiming the strike and putting all his considerable weight on that knee first.

The play needs to be reviewed by our coaching staff and a complaint should be made. I realize the Sooner players acted like asses by blocking their exit from the tunnel to their home field, but purposely doing that kind of harm to a guy who is lying helpless on the ground is shameful and poor sportsmanship.

I hope he will be fine and it was only a bruise he suffered. Losing Granger for the season would surely suck *** like a Pac Ten ref.:mad:

Soonerus
9/14/2008, 12:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtXBIRVmEnk

olevetonahill
9/14/2008, 01:16 AM
Skin's lawyer (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=36730)

HEH :D :D :D

GrapevineSooner
9/14/2008, 07:12 AM
Hasn't happened.
Yep.

The arrangement the Pac-10 has made with other conferences is all non-conference games are reffed by the home team's conferences.

When U-Dub played here two years ago, Big 12 refs called the game.

And according to the DO, it wasn't Bulyca who punched Granger (thanks Mike Patrick), it was Jordan White-Frisbee. It was Bulyca who Grainger hit and honestly if the roles were reversed, we'd be a little pissed with one of their D-linemen taking liberties with our o-lineman after the whistle blew. Still not sure it deserved a triple team, though.

I'll also admit that punching somebody in the upper torso rarely, if ever, results in a foot injury. And certainly not in this case.

And the second replay I saw, it didn't look so much like a punch as it did an extra shove while Granger was on the ground.

Still bush league, though.

olevetonahill
9/14/2008, 07:31 AM
I found a Pic of Pac 10 Officials
http://radio.weblogs.com/0001014/images/2003/03/20/headUpAss.jpg

StoopTroup
9/14/2008, 07:35 AM

i'll put this in this thread, too...

Post #19....

He's calling out one of you Natty Lite drinkers.

That's even worse...lol

olevetonahill
9/14/2008, 07:37 AM
Post #19....

He's calling out one of you Natty Lite drinkers.

That's even worse...lol

i wanted to kick his *** for that :mad:

fadada1
9/14/2008, 07:37 AM
the one that got me, was when Iglesias stretched the ball out (early in the 4th, i believe) and was called a "fumble". first of all, forward progress put him 2 yards+ into a first down. second, i have NO IDEA how the ref called that a fumble. seriously, he was closer to the play than i am to my comuter right now - and had a completely unobstructed view. not only was the ball in JI's hand when it hit the ground, but his entire body was on the ground as well. and then it took 5 mintues to figure out that 1 - it WAS NOT a fumble; 2- where exactly to place the ball.

thankfully the game was out of hand. that's the type of call that costs teams a win (ala oregon, tech).

the 3 on 1 beating was inexcusable. those 3 should be suspended.

swardboy
9/14/2008, 07:43 AM
That's what it looked like to me, too.

Oh, you're just getting your talking points from Rush.

:D

OUstud
9/14/2008, 11:58 AM
My favorite line:

And? Maybe I shouldn't have titled it lmao, but at no point was I cracking jokes about him being injured.

Sirus
9/14/2008, 12:30 PM
when I saw them punching Granger , I called my friend and started screaming
" Did you see that!? They were beating him like he stole something!"
my friend (trying to be funny) just replies: " Well, he did"

It took a moment for that to sink in because I was so mad at the time. Then it dawned on me and I started laughing. I told him not to bring up the past like that but it was still funny the way it came out.

Jacie
9/14/2008, 12:50 PM
Did the Washington OLmen decide to do that on their own or does a coach send in a signal to triple team one guy and do anything, even if it means a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty (unfortunately, not called in this case) to punish the opposing player? As was pointed out on another thread, with half of his protection focusing on Granger, Locker was vulnerable to the rest or OUr pass rush and was hit by two Sooners. That doesn't seem like something a coach already on the hot seat would do, put his star player at risk for a payback. If it were the idea of the linemen to do it, do you think the Washington coaching staff will privately discipline them or reward them for it?

Breadburner
9/14/2008, 12:52 PM
Do we need another thread on this....?????

CK Sooner
9/14/2008, 12:54 PM
Do we need another thread on this....?????

:texan:

oumartin
9/14/2008, 12:57 PM
:pop:

CK Sooner
9/14/2008, 12:59 PM
It was not a good thing.

:D

Pigface1
9/14/2008, 01:02 PM
I was wondering the same thing. A shoving match turning into 3 guys assaulting a player on the ground, and blatently punching him in the neck? I rewound it a few times, but never saw where exactly he hurt his foot/leg.

On the same play, it was good to see Ryan Reynalds lay out their overrated QB.

I'm glad they got Bradford out early on before one of their players tried to end Bradford's season. That was some dirty crap and how the refs didn't do anything is amazing.

bluedogok
9/14/2008, 01:02 PM
How about a merge.....

Pigface1
9/14/2008, 01:03 PM
It's just too bad their inept QB made it back into the game.

Breadburner
9/14/2008, 01:05 PM
George Bush is I'm sure....

Pigface1
9/14/2008, 01:05 PM

Those jerkoffs are always classy.

jwlynn64
9/14/2008, 01:17 PM
The main thing that I saw was that the refs couldn't figure out if we actually scored a touchdown at least twice and had to have conferences about it before they awarded the points.

On Bradfords touchdown where he obviousely crossed the line on the initial push, they didn't award the touchdown until he stood up and held the ball over the line.

On Broyles touchdown when he obviously dove into the endzone and two officials where right there to view it, it took them about an extra 10 seconds to figure out he had scored.

They definetely seemed less than qualified.

Pigface1
9/14/2008, 01:23 PM
My favorite line:

F'n aggies. They won't think it's funny next time one of their players gets jacked and an opposing player steals her Big 12 Champ bracelet.

tigepilot
9/14/2008, 01:26 PM

+1

A group of OSU fans I knew showed me it was more important for OU to lose a close game even if OSU got blown out the same day by an average team. I was a little shocked by that and stopped 'hoping the best' for em but I still won't go and actual chear against them. Too much of a crap program to give that much credit to.

Before that I did hope the best for OSU to represent the state well. I was also surprised that they assumed that I had some sort of hatred for OSU when they first heard I was an OU fan.

tigepilot
9/14/2008, 01:37 PM

Yeah, I'm with yeah, I'm getting tired of all the comments about Granger getting a cheap shot in that he was 'appropriately' penalized. When I played football on the defensive line we were taught hit the guy in front of us (or where ever we were supposed to go) when they moved. Not only does it call attention to the fact that he moved (if he moved early) but also you don't have a moment to think about whether or not it is early. I can't remember ever seeing a penalty in that situation and I about came out of my chair when they called it.

There were other places where it made more sense to call a PF where they didn't. Just pac10 bull****.

bri
9/14/2008, 02:19 PM
the one that got me, was when Iglesias stretched the ball out (early in the 4th, i believe) and was called a "fumble". first of all, forward progress put him 2 yards+ into a first down. second, i have NO IDEA how the ref called that a fumble. seriously, he was closer to the play than i am to my comuter right now - and had a completely unobstructed view. not only was the ball in JI's hand when it hit the ground, but his entire body was on the ground as well. and then it took 5 mintues to figure out that 1 - it WAS NOT a fumble; 2- where exactly to place the ball.

That's just Officiating In The Replay Age 101. You're supposed to let the play go and call it a fumble 'cause replay can always overturn it, but if you blow it dead and it turns out to have actually been a fumble, oops, can't do nothin'.

fadada1
9/14/2008, 02:39 PM
They definetely seemed less than qualified.

understatement of the year.

fadada1
9/14/2008, 02:40 PM
That's just Officiating In The Replay Age 101. You're supposed to let the play go and call it a fumble 'cause replay can always overturn it, but if you blow it dead and it turns out to have actually been a fumble, oops, can't do nothin'.

i saw if from my living room in NY, with the play facing away from the camera, and that same camera at least 40 yards from the play.

BULLSH*T!!!!!

bri
9/14/2008, 02:43 PM
That's great. But you're not a trained official that has to be held accountable for that 1% chance that his knee wasn't down.

If the roles were reversed and we didn't get the benefit of the doubt on a play like that, we'd be setting the internet on fire. Besides, we kept the ball, so this is textbook "bitching about nothing".

fadada1
9/14/2008, 02:48 PM
we kept the ball, so this is textbook "bitching about nothing".

EXACTLY!!!!

:D :D :D :D

bluedogok
9/14/2008, 02:58 PM
I still don't think OU (or any Big 12 school) should schedule a game against a Pac-10 school (home or away) as long as the Pac-10 has the officiating rule in place like they do.

soonerfan28
9/14/2008, 03:46 PM
What are they saying on the Washington forums? Just curious.

bri
9/14/2008, 03:49 PM
Without looking, my guess is that they're either saying it was called for because of the "cheap shot" on their o-lineman the play before and/or because we took their NBA team.

Or possibly, they're blaming it on Sasquatch.

bluedogok
9/14/2008, 04:05 PM
...or wondering where they hid their weed.....

Sooner_Havok
9/14/2008, 06:23 PM
Do you guys see what I see?

rtXBIRVmEnk

#58 points at and #76 and someone else out of frame. Notice who is participating in the triple team/cheap shots. Seems pretty premeditated to me.

On a side note, #58 was getting held back during the scuffle by his own guy (looks like 79 who was not involved in the mugging).

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/14/2008, 07:39 PM

As the Chargers found out today. :mad:

bri
9/14/2008, 08:38 PM
Yeah, that game kind of screwed me in my pick-'em contest. Bah.

bluedogok
9/14/2008, 09:28 PM
As the Chargers found out today. :mad:
I was pretty happy about that, being a Broncos fan and Chargers hater :D

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/14/2008, 09:38 PM
Well I can accept Charger hate, but I am just SOOO sick of STOOPID refs making game-winning or -losing calls. I count Washington's loss last week in that number, BTW.

bluedogok
9/14/2008, 09:47 PM
Well, I told my wife (former football official) that was the "correct" call but not the "right" call. Since Ref Guns called incomplete pass and blew the play dead, the call was "correct" according to the rules but Cutler did fumbled on the play. It reminded me of the out-of-bounds fumble call in the OU-Cincy game.

I can sympathize with you being frustrated, I would be if the call had gone the other way.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/14/2008, 10:05 PM
Well, I told my wife (former football official) that was the "correct" call but not the "right" call. Since Ref Guns called incomplete pass and blew the play dead, the call was "correct" according to the rules but Cutler did fumbled on the play. It reminded me of the out-of-bounds fumble call in the OU-Cincy game.

I can sympathize with you being frustrated, I would be if the call had gone the other way.

I know I'm an idealist, but the correct call SHOULD = the right call.

OK, I'm done sulking. I'm over it.

Piware
9/14/2008, 10:06 PM
Do you guys see what I see?

rtXBIRVmEnk

#58 points at and #76 and someone else out of frame. Notice who is participating in the triple team/cheap shots. Seems pretty premeditated to me.

On a side note, #58 was getting held back during the scuffle by his own guy (looks like 79 who was not involved in the mugging).

I've watched the slowmotion replay on this several times and the other player was #72. The ringleader was #58 Juan (I Used to Be a Gangsta) Garcia. He went charging in after the Off Sides penalty and started the commotion. On the next play, #72 and #76 joined him on the triple team.

If I were Willigham, he would be running stairs until his special Nike shoe melted. THEN he would get 2 extra hours of practice per day learning not to bounce the ball on the turf when he tried to snap it. Oh well, we will never see that loser again. By this time next year he will be mopping the floor at the nearest Starbucks.

OUTromBoNado
9/15/2008, 02:49 AM
That's great. But you're not a trained official that has to be held accountable for that 1% chance that his knee wasn't down

Wait...you mean you have to have training to be an official? I didn't know there was such a thing as incompetence training.

SleestakSooner
9/15/2008, 03:32 AM
I've watched the slowmotion replay on this several times and the other player was #72. The ringleader was #58 Juan (I Used to Be a Gangsta) Garcia. He went charging in after the Off Sides penalty and started the commotion. On the next play, #72 and #76 joined him on the triple team.

If I were Willigham, he would be running stairs until his special Nike shoe melted. THEN he would get 2 extra hours of practice per day learning not to bounce the ball on the turf when he tried to snap it. Oh well, we will never see that loser again. By this time next year he will be mopping the floor at the nearest Starbucks.

Starbucks? I was thinking more like mopping the floor of his cell at San Quentin.

KingBarry
9/15/2008, 03:59 AM
Starbucks? I was thinking more like mopping the floor of his cell at San Quentin.

He mops floors at Starbucks UNTIL his legal team works out the details of his plea bargain, then he moves on to the floors of San Quentin.

MrJimBeam
9/15/2008, 05:48 AM
I know this is pretty irrelevant considering we won the game 55-14 but did anyone notice the clock stop on the second to last play of the first half? There was only 6 seconds left in the half and the clock stopped with 1 as the ball was first tipped in the endzone. If you watch the replay show HCBS chuckles about "one second" remaining in the half. Playing a game in a pac 10 stadium is like playing at Davenport High School, you never know whats going to happen to you.

OU_Sooners75
9/15/2008, 05:57 AM

When Washington, Oregon, and UCLA came here, Big 12 refs officiated.

SaraHayden
9/15/2008, 07:00 AM
Why don't we do a taekwondo kick on the Pac-10 refs?
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0823/oly_g_matos_600.jpg

Since we don't plan to play them again, how could doing that hurt us? It'd be the ultimate payback for Oregon and UCLA.

CU Sooner
9/15/2008, 09:41 AM
I know this is pretty irrelevant considering we won the game 55-14 but did anyone notice the clock stop on the second to last play of the first half? There was only 6 seconds left in the half and the clock stopped with 1 as the ball was first tipped in the endzone. If you watch the replay show HCBS chuckles about "one second" remaining in the half. Playing a game in a pac 10 stadium is like playing at Davenport High School, you never know whats going to happen to you.

If not for the score of the game I would have been coming out of my seat. My wife and I were just laughing about how long that last second was.

Back to the granger situation, did anyone notice the olman shove the ref down. He should have been kicked out of the game right then.

KantoSooner
9/15/2008, 10:23 AM
We won, we move on.

But the officiating was among the worst I have ever seen and seemed at some moments to be motivated by petulance rather than anything else.

Pac10 refs are truly subhuman.

SleestakSooner
9/15/2008, 05:17 PM

Yeah I was screaming at the TV on that one too. I rewound it and played it three times, counting the seconds it took from snap until the ball hit the ground in the end zone. seven seconds is about how long the play took, but somehow time runs slower on the left coast I guess. They sure tried to give the Huskies a field goal at least.

Rogue
9/17/2008, 08:19 PM

This is why I'm defending Ed Hochuli for his premature whistle in the Denver/San Diego game. He was erring on the side of safety. Yeah, the Chargers got hosed. He ended the play before someone got hurt which is, in the end, the most important job an official has.

VA Sooner
9/17/2008, 10:30 PM
Trouble in paradise... Granger is out for at least 4 weeks????? I sat down and replayed the game this evening... I can see where his foot got jerked when they pulled the triple-team/wrestling moves on DeMarcus. Ugly...