PDA

View Full Version : When is the NCAA...

the_ouskull
9/13/2008, 02:12 PM
...going to do something about these SC *ssholes? Seriously!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3585271

the_ouskull

Post Script -- Yes, I know that, sadly, the answer is "never." That doesn't make it RIGHT. OU would have been hit with a "lack of institutional control" about 4 years ago, but USC gets to keep on keeping on. WHY?

royalfan5
9/13/2008, 02:15 PM
I don't remember very many other SC players being arrested recently. Certainly not out of proportion to other programs having players arrested.

Rogue
9/13/2008, 02:37 PM
Well, this isn't something that should affect the football program. An individual kid going out and acting like a criminal or something. Oh, wait.

With the whole Bush Family Mansion scandal effectively swept under the rug, I doubt SC is in any danger. What ever happened with that anyhow?

Good news is that Norm Chow is across town recruiting kids to beat SC. And he will. I give him more credit than PC for SC's return to dominance.

kevpks
9/13/2008, 02:43 PM
I'm just going to be pissed if Sanchez gets a Heisman invite as the "representative of the program." I quote that because it is a term I've actually heard from Herbstreit. If Sanchez has the numbers great, but I remember the pundits trying to hype John David Cletus Bubba Booty for an invite, until the Stanford meltdown anyway.

Flagstaffsooner
9/13/2008, 02:43 PM
http://www.anecdotoff.com/images/stories/gallery/20070604/hell-freezes-over.jpg

colinreturn
9/13/2008, 03:25 PM
what would have happened if an ou player did that.........suspension.

StoopTroup
9/13/2008, 03:29 PM
what would have happened if an ou player did that.........suspension.

What do you mean by that?

stoopified
9/13/2008, 03:43 PM
...going to do something about these SC *ssholes? Seriously!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3585271

the_ouskull

Post Script -- Yes, I know that, sadly, the answer is "never." That doesn't make it RIGHT. OU would have been hit with a "lack of institutional control" about 4 years ago, but USC gets to keep on keeping on. WHY?I feel your anger and frustration bro.

instigator
9/13/2008, 04:41 PM
I know I don't know the whole story, but I don't get is this:

Trojans coach Pete Carroll has said Wright, a junior, wouldn't be punished as a result of the incident.

This just happened and he was charged with a felony and you don't care? We've had our issues, but Broyles sat out all last year for the gas thing.

Sabanball
9/13/2008, 04:45 PM
I'd say there's a better possibility of Barack Obama carrying the state of Oklahoma in the presidential election than there is of the NCAA ever doing anything but breaking their necks looking the other way when it comes to USC. They are now a sacred cow along with Notre Dame.

cheezyq
9/13/2008, 06:36 PM
Every college program has problems with kids being stupid and doing stupid things. But USC has taken it to a new level. The worst part of it? The double standard. The NCAA wants to crack down hard on programs that have boosters giving kids money, yet turns the other cheek when you have criminal activity on a large scale at a premier university.

To me, who gives a crap that players are getting money from boosters when you have people committing crimes, glorifying gangs, and promoting a violent lifestyle. Pete Carroll should be tossed under a bus for allowing this kind of crap to reach the scale that it has reached under his tenure.