PDA

View Full Version : College Football Officiating

boomersooner28
9/13/2008, 02:09 PM
What exactly does it take to become a college football official? I know there has been a lot of discussion over the years about their inability, but seriously, what does it take? A pulse? The ability to breathe? The ability to run the 10-yard dash in under 14 seconds?

Every friggin weekend I see the most inept officiating. For example: during the Cal-Maryland game, Cal has Maryland pinned on their own goal line. Maryland hands the ball off and the running back is stonewalled a yard deep in the endzone...NOT EVEN CLOSE! The football came nowhere near the goal line let alone get all the way out of the endzone. Easy safety call. My blind grandmother could have called it. Nope! 2nd down Maryland at the 1/2 yard line! They don't even review the play!?!?1?1?!?!?!?!

What gives?

Breadburner
9/13/2008, 02:13 PM
Kansas recieved a gift last on spot they got after a Reising run...He was at least a yard short of the line....They scored on the next play it would have been fourth down....

aurorasooner
9/13/2008, 02:15 PM
I thought that great Iowa State hammer on that Hawkeye receiver in the flat was a great stick and sort of a "Scott Hill on Tony D type stick" & nowhere near a "leading with the helmet" 15 yard penalty. Iowa then went down & scored. JHMO, as I didn't see the replay, but I thought it was a great stick and more of a sympathy penalty by the refs.

Flagstaffsooner
9/13/2008, 02:36 PM
nm

olevetonahill
9/13/2008, 03:05 PM
To even Be considered you have to
http://home.comcast.net/~jhensinger/Graphics/Humor/butt-head_Web.jpg

StoopTroup
9/13/2008, 03:36 PM
n/m

bluedogok
9/13/2008, 05:59 PM
You have to work your way up to that level similar to baseball. You start off doing little league, then middle school, high school then to college. The NFL cherry picks from the college ranks.

John Bible was an NFL official for a year or two, the scuttlebutt that my wife had heard is that he wasn't "retained" by the NFL, hence why he is back at the college level. Randy Cristal tried to get to the NFL and never made it.

Flagstaffsooner
9/13/2008, 06:04 PM
word

Jon Bible

Johnny Utah
9/13/2008, 06:42 PM
To even Be considered you have to
http://home.comcast.net/~jhensinger/Graphics/Humor/butt-head_Web.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand (or more) words!

boomersooner28
9/14/2008, 12:14 AM
And another one. Fresno St. WR catches the ball takes four steps, gets hit, fumbles. Fresno decides to challenge it. :confused: Announcers are talking about what a waste of a timeout it is and cant understand why fresno is challenging the play. I look at my wife and say "you are a female and don't know anything and you can see that is a fumble" :D . She laughed, thank god. OH NO....REFS CALL INCOMPLETE PASS! :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :mad:

wow...so bad. No more games on the west coast for us....none, zero, zip, zilch.