PDA

View Full Version : Comcast is horrible

jkjsooner
9/13/2008, 01:18 PM
So, I'm watching the OSU/Missouri State game on Fox Sports Central. I only get these FSN channels on standard definition.

The thing is this is like unwatchable standard definition. The level of compression on this channel is unbelievable.

Someone needs to sue Comcast. They're claiming more HD channels yet their compressing both them and standard more and more everyday to get the bandwidth for more "high definition" channels. At what point does it stop becomming high definition? It seems to me these channels (HD and SD) are incredibly worse than they were just a year ago.

It really makes me wonder why anyone with Comcast would pay thousands for the best HDTV. If you're dealing with over-compressed signals does it really make any difference?

The good news is that ESPN still looks outstanding so I'm good to go tonight! :-)

I wish I could get Fios....

CK Sooner
9/13/2008, 01:20 PM
So, I'm watching the OSU/Missouri State game on Fox Sports Central. I only get these FSN channels on standard definition.

The thing is this is like unwatchable standard definition. The level of compression on this channel is unbelievable.

Someone needs to sue Comcast. They're claiming more HD channels yet their compressing both them and standard more and more everyday to get the bandwidth for more "high definition" channels. At what point does it stop becomming high definition? It seems to me these channels (HD and SD) are incredibly worse than they were just a year ago.

It really makes me wonder why anyone with Comcast would pay thousands for the best HDTV. If you're dealing with over-compressed signals does it really make any difference?

The good news is that ESPN still looks outstanding so I'm good to go tonight! :-)

I wish I could get Fios....

Its worth it.

jkjsooner
9/13/2008, 01:25 PM
So I paused the picture during a zoomed out high motion screen. It looks like an old NES game. Very blocky, mosquito artifacts, etc.

I suppose if Comcast is going to take bandwidth away it would be from some of the extra FCS channels. The thing is, I pay extra for those.

aurorasooner
9/13/2008, 01:42 PM
1st) I'd settle for Comcast just putting ESPN-U in their sport's package, but after adding the Big-10 channel, it'll probably be 5 or 6 years before they add any more channels to the sport's tier. 2nd) Okie State vs Missouri State in the rain. Fox probably has all their standard def cameras in the truck and are using NASA Apollo Relic cameras for that game. Nobody's watching anyway.
ESPN/ABC really stuck it to Fox this weekend by having the Texas/Arky game on ABC (although postponed), KU/USF on Friday night, & OU/Washington on ESPN Saturday Night. Gawd, Fox Sports execs must hate ESPN with a passion.