PDA

View Full Version : Union beats Jenks...B.A. beats Owasso

OU-HSV
9/13/2008, 09:06 AM
Looks like it could end up being a very interesting year for 6A football in Oklahoma

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=9002334

PeoriaSooner
9/13/2008, 09:48 AM
...or it could be another very predictable year where Jenks gets revenge for a close regular season loss by beating Union in the semis or finals en route to yet another state title. That said, BA has looked good early, but do they have what it takes to finish like they've begun?

brokenarrowboomer
9/13/2008, 10:12 AM
I'm looking forward to a Broken Arrow vs. Norman North state championship game. No Jenks or Union this year.

OUmillenium
9/13/2008, 12:42 PM
From the heresay around Tulsa area coaches...Union is down and struggle to play together although they have some excellent skill players (Moore), BA is not that strong. Even more locally, we were thinking that Jenks is way down due to our small off/def lines and no proven qb.

After watching last nights game (from the sidelines and now on dvr), I have 3 things to offer...
1.Jenks found its qb and played much better over the last 3 qtrs of the game
2.Union fumbled in the endzone in OT and Jenks should have been kicking the gamewinning field goal (I have not watched that part of the dvr but have heard multiple reports)
3.Many times in this series(I'll let somebody else look up the stats), Jenks has lost the regular season game and won the gold ball at the end of the season.

Having said that, this is the year for a non-Jenks/Union school to win the 6A title. Top of 6A has no dominant team so far.

Norman North got a nice win.

MichiganSooner
9/13/2008, 12:45 PM
Hey, Bartlesville Bruins are undefeated. Amazing since 2 games have already been played. Beat Ponca 41-28.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/13/2008, 12:46 PM
I'm tellin' ya, watch out for Putnam City North.

OUmillenium
9/13/2008, 01:22 PM
especially if some of their basketball players suit up for the foosball team

OU-HSV
9/13/2008, 02:24 PM
I'm looking forward to a Broken Arrow vs. Norman North state championship game. No Jenks or Union this year.

The way it looks early season so far, that may end up happening. I'm not sure how the districts are laid out in that part of the state, but I would think this type of matchup would be possible.

But the season is young...so we'll have to wait and see if Norman North and B.A. can continue to keep the good things working and continue to win.

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 02:55 PM
yup thats the way it looks like its gonna happen

meoveryouxinfinity
9/13/2008, 02:58 PM
especially if some of their basketball players suit up for the foosball team

http://www.newsok.tv/?titleID=1791637197
Booker is a star.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/20/2008, 10:27 AM
High school update: #8 Putnam City North to win state championship

badger
9/20/2008, 10:37 AM
It's nice to see new teams in the mix. Norman North has always been the little brother school of NHS (didn't NHS win like 10 straight over NNHS?) and B.A. has usually been a cupcake for Union and Jenks to devour annually.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/20/2008, 10:40 AM
It's nice to see new teams in the mix. Norman North has always been the little brother school of NHS (didn't NHS win like 10 straight over NNHS?) and B.A. has usually been a cupcake for Union and Jenks to devour annually.

Putnam City North beat Putnam City for the first time since Sam Bradford was the Panther's junior quarterback! :eek: :eek: :eek:

OU-HSV
9/20/2008, 11:16 AM
Nice to see B.A. move to 3-0 after beating that fast Booker T team last night

hgarmorer
9/20/2008, 11:32 AM
Hate to ask, but how bad did John Marshall play?

Disregard... Looks like Coach Bye was at the helm this week