PDA

View Full Version : Spread on the UW game too high!

8timechamps
9/12/2008, 09:59 AM
21 points? Are you kidding me?

UW had BYU until the horrible call at the end of the game. They're going to be looking for blood this week.

(Note: I don't think the spread is too high, nor do I think the Huskies will be in the same ball game, however, I've questioned the spread the last two weeks, and I HAVE to continue the pattern...so nothing bad will happen).

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 10:05 AM
I think we beat the spread.

Just not by very much though...

BillyBall
9/12/2008, 10:08 AM
You have to think that they have been thinking about that call all week, which is never a good thing for a team.

We need to make a statement on national tv.

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 10:11 AM
If we beat the Huskies by at least 21 points does Ohio State jump us if they beat USC?

OUMallen
9/12/2008, 10:14 AM
You have to think that they have been thinking about that call all week, which is never a good thing for a team.

We need to make a statement on national tv.

With tOSU/USC on at the same time, I'm thinking not that many people will be watching!

OUMallen
9/12/2008, 10:15 AM
If we beat the Huskies by at least 21 points does Ohio State jump us if they beat USC?

I'd put them ahead of us.

SoonR4Life
9/12/2008, 10:24 AM

I think it would look like:

1. Georgia
2. tOSU
3. OU
4. Florida
5. USC

or

1. tOSU
2. Georgia
3. OU
4. Florida
5. USC

Thoughts?

The Maestro
9/12/2008, 10:25 AM
Until OU dominates a team on the road (Tulsa doesn't count) I am going to wonder about this team's mindset away from home.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/12/2008, 10:29 AM
The thing that happened at Washington can take the air out of a team as well...To go through something like that and be ready to play one of the teams in the country = difficult

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 10:32 AM
I think it would look like:

1. Georgia
2. tOSU
3. OU
4. Florida
5. USC

or

1. tOSU
2. Georgia
3. OU
4. Florida
5. USC

Thoughts?

I think second will be close between us and Ohio State.

Soonermagik
9/12/2008, 10:33 AM
I really thought the spread would open around 16 -18 range.

I hope we crush them, but I doubt it. IMHO, I see us winning by 17.

fadada1
9/12/2008, 10:34 AM
1 - maybe byu isn't the bcs buster espn has made them out to be.

2 - i think we cover the 21 if we start as we have the past 2 weeks. first 2-3 drives pounding it down their throats, and we coast. that's the goal anyway.

rainiersooner
9/12/2008, 10:37 AM
Living in Seattle, I appreciate the Huskies - hell I almost like them by default. But, they are TERRIBLE; really, really, really bad - especially their defense. Sam is going to tear their secondary apart; they just won't be able to hang with Gresham, Broyles, Manny, etc. I see a blowout.

Sooners cover the spread!!!

SoonR4Life
9/12/2008, 10:37 AM

I wast thinking the same thing. As much as the media loves USC, they would have drop pretty far down in the polls with a loss.

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 10:39 AM
Living in Seattle, I appreciate the Huskies - hell I almost like them by default. But, they are TERRIBLE; really, really, really bad - especially their defense. Sam is going to tear their secondary apart; they just won't be able to hang with Gresham, Broyles, Manny, etc. I see a blowout.

Sooners cover the spread!!!

How many guy's in the secondary are out for this game?

swardboy
9/12/2008, 10:52 AM
We're doomed.......

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/12/2008, 10:59 AM
2 - i think we cover the 21 if we start as we have the past 2 weeks. first 2-3 drives pounding it down their throats, and we coast. that's the goal anyway.

NOOOO!!!!!!!!! NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!

I'm sick of that freakin' mindset. We should never "coast." "Coasting" is how other teams get momentum, and come back and beat you late in the game. Colorado perhaps? We built a big lead, tried to "coast" by playing not to lose, and we lost on a last second field goal. Why the hell do we even bother putting up 4 fingers at the end of the 3rd quarter if we're just going to "coast?" You keep your head in the game for 4 quarters, and you can rest on the plane back to Norman.

Rant over.

IronHorseSooner
9/12/2008, 11:02 AM

It would also depend how UGA plays against the other USC. UGA has looked pedestrian in their first two games. Also, UF could move because they did beat two name (but not that good) opponents, but since they have the week off before TENN, tOSU, OU, and UGA would get a higher rating. Bottom line, the SUC-tOSU winner will be #1, with either us or UGA being #2.

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 11:03 AM
NOOOO!!!!!!!!! NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!

I'm sick of that freakin' mindset. We should never "coast." "Coasting" is how other teams get momentum, and come back and beat you late in the game. Colorado perhaps? We built a big lead, tried to "coast" by playing not to lose, and we lost on a last second field goal. Why the hell do we even bother putting up 4 fingers at the end of the 3rd quarter if we're just going to "coast?" You keep your head in the game for 4 quarters, and you can rest on the plane back to Norman.

Rant over.

Do you want a hug?

:D

OUmillenium
9/12/2008, 11:14 AM
Buckeyes get crushed by USC and we are in 2nd. If that holds up the rematch from 2004 will be on...yikes

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 11:20 AM
Buckeyes get crushed by USC and we are in 2nd. If that holds up the rematch from 2004 will be on...yikes

How would we be in 2nd?

adoniijahsooner
9/12/2008, 11:38 AM
Until OU dominates a team on the road (Tulsa doesn't count) I am going to wonder about this team's mindset away from home.

So your carrying last year's problems into this year? Is that fair to the team?

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 11:42 AM

It's really not.

They is BUNCH of new starters and the starters from last year are more experienced.

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/12/2008, 11:45 AM
Do you want a hug?

Can I trade your hug in for one with Carrie Underwood? ;)

AZSOONER
9/12/2008, 11:46 AM

It's practically the same guys, so yes, it is fair. It might be coaching, which they have been here since last year also, so again, it's fair. We need to donkey stomp someone on their home field damnit!! (Yes I need a hug) :)

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 11:47 AM
Can I trade your hug in for one with Carrie Underwood? ;)

Only if I get one from her too.

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/12/2008, 11:56 AM
Only if I get one from her too.

Well, OK...but I get to go first! :D

Side note: Does anybody know if she's ever declared any allegiences or expressed a preference toward OU or :stunned: ?

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 11:59 AM
Well, OK...but I get to go first! :D

Side note: Does anybody know if she's ever declared any allegiences or expressed a preference toward OU or :stunned: ?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1863227/bio

"Is a big sports fan, and is a fan of the Dallas Cowboys, Los Angeles Lakers, Oklahoma Sooners, and Boston Red Sox."

AZSOONER
9/12/2008, 11:59 AM
She's from okie lite country, but I haven't ever seen or heard her say anything about it. Would you?

Breadburner
9/12/2008, 12:02 PM
Defense...Defense...Defense...Establish the run....No turnovers....

Blitzkrieg
9/12/2008, 12:25 PM
It's a sucker bet, if that's what you mean. The boys in the desert make a living at this. Consider yourself smarter than them at your financial peril.

AlbqSooner
9/12/2008, 12:27 PM
If tOsu wins a close one SUC could easily be #2. Their ranking I mean, not what we already know. :D

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 12:28 PM
If tOsu wins a close one SUC could easily be #2. Their ranking I mean, not what we already know. :D

You would think they would drop more than that.

:confused:

birddog
9/12/2008, 01:54 PM
The thing that happened at Washington can take the air out of a team as well...To go through something like that and be ready to play one of the teams in the country = difficult

i agree. if we get up by 14 they dawgs will roll over and play dead. (that is the gheyest thing i've ever seen)

birddog
9/12/2008, 01:59 PM

we have to see them actually play a road game this year to determine that. if they go to the wire with u-dub tomorrow , then yes it is fair and will be a concern when we play at boone pickens high, a&m, and kstate.

this husky team is better than iowa state (i remember that game somehow) and on par with cu. if we can win by the spread or even 17, i'll feel like this team has a chance to win some road games this year.

silverwheels
9/12/2008, 02:05 PM
I think we come out and play aggressively and win by more than 3 TDs. If we don't, we're in for another 2-loss season, with those 2 losses coming on the road in conference against decent, but not great teams, because we were too conservative and let the other team stay in the game.

Soonermagik
9/12/2008, 03:19 PM
we have to see them actually play a road game this year to determine that. if they go to the wire with u-dub tomorrow , then yes it is fair and will be a concern when we play at boone pickens high, a&m, and kstate.

this husky team is better than iowa state (i remember that game somehow) and on par with cu. if we can win by the spread or even 17, i'll feel like this team has a chance to win some road games this year.

I really think we will win around 17. I'm still a little shocked that the line was as high as it is. I think Vegas is a little caught up with us scoring 50 points every game.

Seriously, I think we could beat the St. Louis Rams at home, but on the road we could struggle with Baylor. Okay, maybe not Baylor, but you get the idea.;) I hope I'm wrong and this team turns out to be a strong road team.

josh09
9/12/2008, 03:33 PM
I agree, they'll be pissed. But if we arent stupid and play our normal game, i see us winning by about 17 maybe more.

SOONERxWife73
9/12/2008, 06:03 PM
don't sweat the small stuff. we cover, easily.

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 06:21 PM
don't sweat the small stuff. we cover, easily.

If we play to our full potential we win.

If we don't we lose, or its really close.

Simple as that.

ousooners182
9/12/2008, 07:34 PM
Exactly.

we as sooner fans should have learned by now that road games we have to play to our potential if not we can lose were not invincible

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 07:36 PM
Exactly.

we as sooner fans should have learned by now that road games we have to play to our potential if not we can lose were not invincible

Fo Sho

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 01:36 AM
ahh its getting close

olevetonahill
9/13/2008, 01:47 AM
21 points? Are you kidding me?

UW had BYU until the horrible call at the end of the game. They're going to be looking for blood this week.

(Note: I don't think the spread is too high, nor do I think the Huskies will be in the same ball game, however, I've questioned the spread the last two weeks, and I HAVE to continue the pattern...so nothing bad will happen).

Ill take the Points and Bet a 100 . you up fer it ?

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 01:49 AM
aahhhh enticing

shaun4411
9/13/2008, 02:41 AM
i believe.

olevetonahill
9/13/2008, 02:45 AM
aahhhh enticing

Call me

Flagstaffsooner
9/13/2008, 05:26 AM
Call me
http://jordanmaxwell.com/articles/monkey/images/tv-preachers/more/Rev.%20Tilton.jpg

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 05:50 AM
noo i didnt mean me i meat for the other dude

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 05:51 AM
meant**

i think ou will cover.