PDA

View Full Version : Wanna Go To Stoolwater?

Piware
9/11/2008, 10:10 PM
Checking out who plays who in the Big XII this weekend, who is televised, etc. The Pokes are playing MVC's Missouri State University in the Stool on Saturday. MSU's web page is advertising tickets for this "historic game" at $30 bucks.

I am older than dirt and don't ever recall having seen a $30 ticket at OU.
My memory is not what is used to be - any of you remember when a ticket (not student) was $30?

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/11/2008, 10:21 PM
OK, REALLY not trying to be a jerk....but "V" is "5" in Roman numerals. "X" is 10. "VII" = 7. "XII" = 12.

Breadburner
9/11/2008, 10:41 PM
Checking out who plays who in the Big VII this weekend, who is televised, etc. The Pokes are playing MVC's Missouri State University in the Stool on Saturday. MSU's web page is advertising tickets for this "historic game" at $30 bucks.

I am older than dirt and don't ever recall having seen a $30 ticket at OU.
My memory is not what is used to be - any of you remember when a ticket (not student) was $30?

You better check the batteries in your Carbon Monoxide detector....

Piware
9/11/2008, 10:58 PM
Wow, I didn't think that second martini had that much punch. Thanks for pointing it out and I'm going to see if I can get upstairs without hurting myself.

Nite all!

sooner59
9/11/2008, 11:34 PM
Well im not older than dirt...in fact im a student. but I still have a ticket stub from the 1996 OU-Texas Tech game (first game I ever went to) and the price on the ticket is $16. Im glad we have a reason to raise prices...

AlbqSooner
9/12/2008, 05:34 AM
I have a ticket stub from the second '72 Sugar Bowl. Face Value $7.50

poke4christ
9/12/2008, 07:59 AM
Well I would highly recomend that if any of you who want to to come to tomorrows game. If you can get a ticket for 30 bucks it's amazing. Non-con tickets retail for 60 and conference games are 85. Not cheap. I was able to swing a 30 dollar ticket to last week's game with and Aluni discount. Also, tomorrow is take a child to the game day and kids get a free ticket (probably only good through the OSU ticket office).

You can check out the new stadium which I think you would really be impressed with and enjoy. Will it be much of a game? No. It will be over before the half ends, but it would really be more for the purposes of seeing the stadium. I was there last week and it's amazing. The EZ was packed.

If any of you guys do come I hope you are welcomed and have a great time :D.

swardboy
9/12/2008, 08:03 AM
Bunch of fossils....(hey, I'm a hip young 54)

OUMallen
9/12/2008, 08:30 AM
Well I would highly recomend that if any of you who want to to come to tomorrows game. If you can get a ticket for 30 bucks it's amazing. Non-con tickets retail for 60 and conference games are 85. Not cheap. I was able to swing a 30 dollar ticket to last week's game with and Aluni discount. Also, tomorrow is take a child to the game day and kids get a free ticket (probably only good through the OSU ticket office).

You can check out the new stadium which I think you would really be impressed with and enjoy. Will it be much of a game? No. It will be over before the half ends, but it would really be more for the purposes of seeing the stadium. I was there last week and it's amazing. The EZ was packed.

If any of you guys do come I hope you are welcomed and have a great time :D.

45001/60000 attendance for your home opener and unveiling of a brand spankin' new stadium tells OUMallen that I would have no trboule getting a pretty cheap ticket for under face. No "swinging" needed...but always welcome....yeeeow baby.

85sooners
9/12/2008, 09:21 AM
osu sucks!

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 09:21 AM
osu sucks!

:texan:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/12/2008, 10:00 AM

If any of you guys do come I hope you are welcomed and have a great time :D.You and a couple other pokes who post here seem like pretty good guys. Sorry about your "school".

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 10:00 AM
You and a couple other pokes who post here seem like pretty good guys. Sorry about your "school".

:D

MichiganSooner
9/12/2008, 12:30 PM
My first OU game was against North Carolina in 2001. It cost $35 if I remember correctly. In 1973, I paid $10 to see Purdue at Michigan.

poke4christ
9/12/2008, 12:49 PM
You and a couple other pokes who post here seem like pretty good guys. Sorry about your "school".

Even I got to chuckle at that one. :D

starclassic tama
9/12/2008, 12:50 PM
chattannooga was about $30, so if you have a hard time EVER remembering a $30 ticket you may just have alzheimer's

NYC Poke
9/12/2008, 12:59 PM

Heh. Good one.

Charla
9/12/2008, 01:57 PM
I got a free OSUX ticket with a happy meal

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 01:59 PM

Heh.

Taxman71
9/12/2008, 03:11 PM
chattannooga was about $30, so if you have a hard time EVER remembering a $30 ticket you may just have alzheimer's

That game was $50 face per ticket. $30 may have been for the cheap seats in the south endzone though.

StoopTroup
9/12/2008, 03:57 PM
Are there any $1.50 tickets?

Taxman71
9/12/2008, 04:25 PM
You and 14,999 of your friends can get in for free if you dress up like an orange chairback.

oumartin
9/12/2008, 04:38 PM
It may be a nice stadium but who the hell cares. Its not like you are gonna get to showcase it much. Maybe when Texas or OU comes to town.
You can spend all the money in the world and it might be the nices facility in the world but its a third rate football program who couldn't sell out a 50,000 seat stadium. It was freakin' retarded to expand it.. Just more empty seats

poke4christ
9/12/2008, 05:17 PM
That game was $50 face per ticket. $30 may have been for the cheap seats in the south endzone though.

...and yet the MSU game is officially $60 per. ISU and Baylor will be $85. Annoying. (talking about OSU games here)

Charla
9/12/2008, 05:30 PM
"Build it and they will come" only in the movies.

Taxman71
9/12/2008, 05:34 PM
...and yet the MSU game is officially $60 per. ISU and Baylor will be $85. Annoying. (talking about OSU games here)

Yes, based on supply-demand, I understand that I overpay to have season tickets to most OU games (exceptions being Nebraska, osu, Miami and the like). If the stadium wasn't full, I would have a hard time shelling out such a premium just to have the same seat every game.

My OU basketball tickets are pretty cheap, otherwise I would probably just show up and grad some cheapies at every game since it never sells out and tix are easy to get. I can see alot of osu football ticket season holders feeling the same way.

OSUAggie
9/12/2008, 06:47 PM
Yes, based on supply-demand, I understand that I overpay to have season tickets to most OU games (exceptions being Nebraska, osu, Miami and the like). If the stadium wasn't full, I would have a hard time shelling out such a premium just to have the same seat every game.

My OU basketball tickets are pretty cheap, otherwise I would probably just show up and grad some cheapies at every game since it never sells out and tix are easy to get. I can see alot of osu football ticket season holders feeling the same way.

im always reminded of the 2002 nebraska game when i couldn't even give away an extra on the 50. i even offered a guy $5 to take it and was turned down.

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 06:48 PM
im always reminded of the 2002 nebraska game when i couldn't even give away an extra on the 50. i even offered a guy $5 to take it and was turned down.

Heh

poke4christ
9/12/2008, 10:11 PM

Don't know if you got this or not. My point was that OSU tickets for bad games are more than OU tickets. That's not right. Small difference in the quality of product.

Side note, with the exception of OU OSU's home schedule sucks this year. The best opponent is Houston :eek:

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 10:11 PM
Don't know if you got this or not. My point was that OSU tickets for bad games are more than OU tickets. That's not right. Small difference in the quality of product.

Side note, with the exception of OU OSU's home schedule sucks this year. The best opponent is Houston :eek:

OSU sucks.

poke4christ
9/12/2008, 10:12 PM

What????? That was our comeback year. That Nebraska game was amazing!!!! The first time we beat Neb in like 37 years (now we've beat them 3 of the last 4 :D). That's just stupid.

goingoneight
9/12/2008, 11:18 PM

I woulda been pissed...

I be likes... "where the **** is my toy, dammit?" :mad:

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 01:12 AM
okie state can get aids

starclassic tama
9/15/2008, 03:09 PM

interesting theory, the stub i have in front of my face says $32.50.

Taxman71
9/15/2008, 04:31 PM
interesting theory, the stub i have in front of my face says $32.50.

As I said, those must have been in a discount section.

http://newsok.com/article/3289388?topten_check=yes

Wed August 27, 2008
Less than 100 tickets remaining for OU vs. Tennessee-Chattanooga

The Oklahoma (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Oklahoma+Sooners&CATEGORY=ORGANIZATION) football season-opener vs. Tennessee-Chattanooga on Aug. 30 is nearing a sellout with only approximately 100 tickets returned from UTC Mocs (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Chattanooga+Mocs&CATEGORY=ORGANIZATION) still available for purchase.

Tickets for the game are $49 each. Kickoff is set for 6:10 p.m.

http://i19.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/07/6a/9f4d_1.JPG

boomrsoonr
9/15/2008, 04:39 PM
There's only one reason for me to ever go to Stillwater and wear orange. It's while passing thru enroute to hunt deer in Major County.