PDA

View Full Version : RJ Washington

CK Sooner
9/11/2008, 08:47 PM
According to Rivals he is going to break into the rotation Saturday.

How do you guy's think he will do? :D

DrZaius
9/11/2008, 10:02 PM
He will be great. From what I have read about him he is going to be one of the great pass rushers of all time at OU. Of course health and crime could be factors in his future. Huge playmaker though

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/11/2008, 10:02 PM
He wouldn't be in the rotation if Frank Alexander hadn't gotten freakin' STABBED!!!

I'm not blaming anyone, least of all Alexander...but it's just one of those things that seems like it could've been avoided, you know?

JLEW1818
9/11/2008, 10:51 PM
I still don't know if he will play. It's a waste. .

Sooner_09
9/11/2008, 11:00 PM
If the coaches think he's ready, then I'm all for getting our young guys valuable playing time

starclassic tama
9/11/2008, 11:30 PM
how is it a waste? i doubt he sticks around for 4 years anyways

Crucifax Autumn
9/12/2008, 12:04 AM
If it contributes to #8 then it's hardly a waste.

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 08:10 AM
If it contributes to #8 then it's hardly a waste.

Exactly.

EstablishedSooner1967
9/12/2008, 08:14 AM
RJ, is going to be great he is still light to play DE and be real good... he needs about 20 lbs. IMO

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 08:16 AM
RJ, is going to be great he is still light to play DE and be real good... he needs about 20 lbs. IMO

Word is he has been dominating in drills though.

We will see Saturday, I am excited. :D

MojoRisen
9/12/2008, 08:17 AM
From what I read - it sounds like getting him playing time now, could lead to insertion on critical pass rush downs later in the season.

If that is the case I am all for him playing, if he gets 3 plays and that is it for the season - better off playing someone else.

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 08:18 AM
From what I read - it sounds like getting him playing time now, could lead to insertion on critical pass rush downs later in the season.

If that is the case I am all for him playing, if he gets 3 plays and that is it for the season - better off playing someone else.

I doubt that will be the case.

The coaches know what they are doing.

I hope :D

Mad Dog Madsen
9/12/2008, 11:00 AM

Isn't he like 245 lbs. or somewhere along in there? Not to mention he's a true frosh. I think Beal and English are just over 250 and are doing pretty good.

SoonR4Life
9/12/2008, 11:35 AM
Isn't he like 245 lbs. or somewhere along in there? Not to mention he's a true frosh. I think Beal and English are just over 250 and are doing pretty good.

Yup, pretty close.

91 Washington, R.J. 6-4 242 DE FR
44 Beal, Jeremy 6-3 253 DE SO
33 English, Auston 6-3 253 DE JR

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 11:36 AM
Yup, pretty close.

91 Washington, R.J. 6-4 242 DE FR
44 Beal, Jeremy 6-3 253 DE SO
33 English, Auston 6-3 253 DE JR

Thanks.

sooner94
9/12/2008, 11:43 AM
The more studs in the DE rotation the better. Especially when we have to face the spread offense. Remember the first half of the Tech game last year? Some of those plays lasted 10 seconds or more.

We have Tech in November, and then hopefully Missou in early December.

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 11:45 AM
The more studs in the DE rotation the better. Especially when we have to face the spread offense. Remember the first half of the Tech game last year? Some of those plays lasted 10 seconds or more.

We have Tech in November, and then hopefully Missou in early December.

The boys will be ready for Tech, trust me.

Payback is in order my friend and all the players know it.

Charla
9/12/2008, 11:46 AM
I doubt that will be the case.

The coaches know what they are doing.

I hope :D

If they don't all they have to do is log on.

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 11:49 AM

:cool:

OU4LIFE
9/12/2008, 11:55 AM

it's posts like this that deserve spek

Hella Sideburns
9/12/2008, 11:55 AM

if he gets three plays and that's it for the season, he'll get a redshirt anyway

JLEW1818
9/12/2008, 01:06 PM
I don't see the point of playing him, already loaded. But, Obviously Stoops is going to do whats best for the team.

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 01:12 PM
If he can have a positive impact, play him.

We have a good chance of getting our 8th national championship this year, we need all the talent we can get.

sooner94
9/12/2008, 01:15 PM
The boys will be ready for Tech, trust me.

Payback is in order my friend and all the players know it.

Yeah, Stoops will have the guys fired up for that one.

I wasn't ragging on our D in last year's game. They fought the entire game. I was saying that when you have a quartback in the spread that can move around and avoid the rush, its hard to get to the QB quickly every play, and the D line expends a lot of energy.

swardboy
9/12/2008, 01:26 PM
I couldn't agree more. If defense wins championship let's put it all on the board. Offensively I think we're loaded up well enough to git 'er done.

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 01:29 PM
I couldn't agree more. If defense wins championship let's put it all on the board. Offensively I think we're loaded up well enough to git 'er done.

Defense And Special Teams.

Our coverage needs work, but it looks like they are changing things up in practice to improve it.

JLEW1818
9/12/2008, 01:43 PM
Don't muff punts and I happy.

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 01:43 PM
Don't muff punts and I happy.

:confused:

birddog
9/12/2008, 01:45 PM
Washington to play
Defensive ends coach Chris Wilson said that freshman defensive end R.J. Washington likely will play for the first time this season Saturday against Washington.

"We're expecting to see him this week,” Wilson said. "He's had a really good week of practice.”

The Sooners have lost two defensive ends since the season started, prompting the OU coaches to consider pulling Washington out of redshirt. First, senior John Williams left the team. Then, redshirt freshman Frank Alexander was stabbed in the arm during a party and is not expected back until TCU in two weeks at the earliest.

"We just need to keep getting R.J. reps, and if we do, I'll believe he'll really pay off for us later in the season,” Wilson said.

Washington was considered the gem of the 2008 recruiting class after being rated by many as the top high school defensive end in the nation.

"He's fast, he's explosive, but he's still learning and growing into his position,” defensive coordinator Brent Venables said. "He's got a good attitude. He goes 100 miles per hour, whether he's right or wrong.”

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 01:51 PM
Washington to play
Defensive ends coach Chris Wilson said that freshman defensive end R.J. Washington likely will play for the first time this season Saturday against Washington.

"We're expecting to see him this week,” Wilson said. "He's had a really good week of practice.”

The Sooners have lost two defensive ends since the season started, prompting the OU coaches to consider pulling Washington out of redshirt. First, senior John Williams left the team. Then, redshirt freshman Frank Alexander was stabbed in the arm during a party and is not expected back until TCU in two weeks at the earliest.

"We just need to keep getting R.J. reps, and if we do, I'll believe he'll really pay off for us later in the season,” Wilson said.

Washington was considered the gem of the 2008 recruiting class after being rated by many as the top high school defensive end in the nation.

"He's fast, he's explosive, but he's still learning and growing into his position,” defensive coordinator Brent Venables said. "He's got a good attitude. He goes 100 miles per hour, whether he's right or wrong.”

:pop:

Charla
9/12/2008, 01:51 PM
If he has any speed put him on kick off coverage that seems to be our only weakness. If we could kick it into the end-zone that would be nice as well.

bringit
9/12/2008, 05:52 PM
If he's good enough, he'll play. Otherwise, he will decide on whether to shirt or ride the pine. Sounds like he's on the 3-year-and-to-the -NFL plan.

ousooners182
9/12/2008, 05:56 PM
Yeah ive heard that he's 3 and gone..but am i one of the only people that wish we could hold out until alexander comes back so we dont have to burn a redshirt? then again i want 8 this year so who knows..but im always wanting young players down the road

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 06:19 PM
You guy's say he is three and gone.

Lets see him play a down of college football and then we should decide.

ousooners182
9/12/2008, 06:36 PM
Yeah that is true..i mean supposedly patterson was going to be a 3 and gone once he got to ou...but hmmm..i dont think that really panned out haha

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 06:37 PM
Yeah that is true..i mean supposedly patterson was going to be a 3 and gone once he got to ou...but hmmm..i dont think that really panned out haha

It did not.

:D

JLEW1818
9/15/2008, 02:37 PM
Did he play?

CK Sooner
9/15/2008, 02:37 PM
Did he play?

I don't think so.

illinisooner
9/15/2008, 02:50 PM
I don't remember him being in the game, I guess the coaches decided they'd rather save his redshirt than get him some garbage time when Alexander will be back for TCU.

stoopified
9/15/2008, 02:58 PM
He wouldn't be in the rotation if Frank Alexander hadn't gotten freakin' STABBED!!!

I'm not blaming anyone, least of all Alexander...but it's just one of those things that seems like it could've been avoided, you know?That is what he gets for hanging around with Capel's thugs. :):):)

JLEW1818
9/15/2008, 03:26 PM
Ya they said last week he was going to play. I didn't think so. It's not very likely that he will RS, play his fr yr, sophomore year, then leave for the nfl. We will have him for 3 solid years.

How many Sooners have actually done that?