PDA

View Full Version : I know this is early........

Jeronimo
9/11/2008, 07:28 PM
but the wife and I are planning road trip to OU-k st. i've heard things like their fans are a bunch of a-holes. their campus looks like a large high schoo/small college thing. and theres not a damn thing around the fort riley/manhattan area.

but i'm tryin to see OU at every big 12 stadium. except that pile of s*** :texan: down south of course. unless we actually go there sometime.

anyone have manhattan experience?

CK Sooner
9/11/2008, 07:31 PM
Its ok.

Nothing special.

Salt City Sooner
9/11/2008, 08:48 PM
1. The stadium is right across the street from a feed lot (I am NOT kidding). Hopefully they've done something about the smell. You might want to bring a clothes pin for each nose you're bringing.

2. Unless they've made major adjustments since I was there, to say that the ways in/out of the area around the stadium are limited is the understatement of the year. Be prepared for a LOOOOOONG post-game wait getting out of there.

OUDoc
9/11/2008, 08:59 PM
I went there in the early 90's, before they were any good. The stadium was pretty pathetic then, but they improved it a little under Snyder. I haven't been recently. Sorry.

trey
9/11/2008, 09:09 PM
i've been there once....for the game in 2000. one of the greatest days of my life.

Piware
9/11/2008, 09:09 PM
Haven't been there in many years but the place stunk both literally and figuratively. There's sure not much to see and we ended up having dinner at McDonald's. Probably some decent places to eat but we just didn't know where they were and the fans weren't hospitality minded. Tuscaloosa it isn't!

My most recent encounter with K-State fans was the miserable Big VII game in Kansas City. There were 3 fallin' down drunk frat boys directly behind us who REALLY didn't like Jason White and slobbered loudly for the 'Cats to tear up his knees again. Real charmers and I kept hoping they would eventually pass out. They were so filthy mouthed a KSU fan with a kid finally told them to STFU. My advise is watch your back if we are winning as they were nasty even when we weren't.

The moral of this story? Don't let your kid go to any school with an "S" in the middle of its name.

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/11/2008, 10:05 PM
My most recent encounter with K-State fans was the miserable Big VII game in Kansas City.

Dude, you gotta get out more. Last Big 7 game against Kansas State was in November 1957 :D

GottaHavePride
9/11/2008, 10:44 PM
My friend's dad says he remembers when Aggieville burned down. My guess was that must have improved the place.

All you need to know about K-State: last time I was there if you go into the men's restroom in the student union, there are two toilets per stall.

I don't know about you, but I don't need a co-pilot in there.

sooner518
9/11/2008, 10:59 PM
i was there in 2005. We sat on wooden bleachers. Not terrible. Not good. Didnt run into many major jerks or anything.

SoonerAcesUp
9/12/2008, 12:04 AM
A group of us just bought tickets to the K-State game today. Anybody know where the visitor's section is there? We're in section 21.

OUMallen
9/12/2008, 08:33 AM
I've heard they're pretty gracious in the tailgating scene at home....beware them in KC, though....not that they'll be in the Big XII any time soon.

dougsooner
9/12/2008, 02:45 PM
I was there just before Stoops came to Norman. We were down and they were up which lead to them being way over the top jerks. Seemed more like going to a high school game than a major college game. No tradition and the fans acted like college football was invented about 2 years before. Glad to see the program slip back to 2nd rate again. As for fun things to do there: You might try the drive through at Dairy queen. That is about as exciting as that map stain gets....

stoops the eternal pimp
9/12/2008, 02:52 PM
i ll never go there again..If I do, it will be with bail money for when I get put in jail

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 01:37 AM
haha thats great.

CtheB
9/13/2008, 05:53 AM
Been there, done that. The other posts are spot on. It's a "been there, done that" trip. Nothing more than a notch in your belt for your quest.

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 05:57 AM
well i will save my money for future references i think lol

Flagstaffsooner
9/13/2008, 06:02 AM
BYO toilet paper.

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 06:04 AM
hmmm

The VIIIth
9/13/2008, 10:12 AM
Aggieville is still the best pre and post game option. Similar gameday atmosphere to stoolwater, strong ag presence and their stadium is partially below ground.

The Flint Hills are a cool place to explore and has it's own beauty about it...http://kansasflinthills.travel/destinations/outdoors.

You'll enjoy the trip, be safe.

MichiganSooner
9/13/2008, 12:44 PM
The best thing about going to Manhatten is driving through the beautiful golden Flint Hills. In Manhatten, I highly recommend Taco Bell. Best food in town.