PDA

View Full Version : American flags after 9/11

lexsooner
9/11/2008, 05:40 PM
So who still has them on their cars and outside their houses? I have made a point to have one on my car even though I have changed a couple of cars since 2001. I had a flag at my old house, but did not put one up after I moved last year, although I put out some small ones after a neighbor's grandson was killed in action this summer. I make no excuses for that absence, though. Just lazy.

NCSooner18
9/11/2008, 05:43 PM
We have had a flag displayed on both houses we have been in continuosly since 9/11......occasionally before that. We always have either a flag magnet or sticker on our cars.

StoopTroup
9/11/2008, 05:55 PM
We had a "Moment of Silence" at work today.

We've been doing it since we lost the planes.

Most folks seem to have been able to keep discussions about it all headed in a positive direction. The healing process has been a long one.

Sooner02
9/11/2008, 05:57 PM
I've flown the flag well before 9/11/01 and still have one flying.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/11/2008, 08:32 PM
We had one growing up and the day I bought my house, which is my first one, the first thing I bought was an American flag for it. The only time it comes down is for hurricanes.

lexsooner
9/11/2008, 08:45 PM
The first one I had for the house did not fly until a few months after 9/11. I ordered a nice one from a flag co. and they were really backed up. Remember how people would steal the flags of neighbors just to have their own patriotic symbol? The best I could do for the first few months was a laminated picture of a flag behind the glass door. I gave one to the Iranian guy across the street and he happily accepted and displayed it. Figured it might help keep him from being harassed.

SoonerJack
9/11/2008, 08:49 PM
we fly ours pretty much all the time.

Hot Rod
9/11/2008, 08:50 PM
I have a small American flag at my desk that I've had displayed since this week, 7 years ago.

GrapevineSooner
9/11/2008, 09:11 PM
I bought a flag and put it up on our back porch when we lived in an apartment. Moved into a house four years ago and the side of the garage is adorned with the same flag.

Harry Beanbag
9/11/2008, 10:40 PM
Yeah, but do you guys wear flag lapel pins? :)

Scott D
9/12/2008, 12:01 AM
So who still has them on their cars and outside their houses? I have made a point to have one on my car even though I have changed a couple of cars since 2001. I had a flag at my old house, but did not put one up after I moved last year, although I put out some small ones after a neighbor's grandson was killed in action this summer. I make no excuses for that absence, though. Just lazy.

you better mean since 9/11 after your birth, otherwise you may as well wear a lapel pin.

My neighbor gets far more respect from me than the "Since 9/11" crowd. He's without fail flown his flag since he moved in, back in the late 90s.

texas bandman
9/12/2008, 12:16 AM
I don't have a flag, but I do proudly display my Retired US Army sticker. And to think that a "liberal" would actually serve our country. "There is no "red" America or "blue" America, there is the United States of America". And we all bleed red. God bless the souls lost 7 years ago and the 4,000 we've lost since.

Sooner02
9/12/2008, 12:18 AM
I don't have a flag, but I do proudly display my Retired US Army sticker. And to think that a "liberal" would actually serve our country. "There is no "red" America or "blue" America, there is the United States of America". And we all bleed red. God bless the souls lost 7 years ago and the 4,000 we've lost since.
Thank you for your service.

MrJimBeam
9/12/2008, 05:09 AM
I have both the U.S. flag and the Holy Bible on my desk at work.

soonersweetie
9/12/2008, 03:03 PM
We have the American flag flying from our home. We usually take it down if it's raining, otherwise it stay s up.

lexsooner
9/12/2008, 03:52 PM
I find it disappointing I see fewer and fewer cars with flags today, compared with soon after 9/11. An event of that magnitude should never be forgotten.