PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for Hurricane Ike & the WU game

oudivesherpa
9/11/2008, 02:55 PM
Preparing for Ike & the WU game:texan:

Ike is expected to hit Houston within the next 24-36 hours. So my wife sends me to the store to by emergency supplies. Along with the other frantic shoppers, I get only the essentials to survive: 12 D Batteries, 2 pallets of water, 2 half gallons of Blue Bell Ice Cream, 2 cases of beer, 4 OU koozies (yes, they sell OU koozies in Houston) and 3 twenty pound bags of cat litter. This is the dialog between me and the check out clerk:

Clerk: “Getting ready for the Hurricane?”

Me: “Yeh”

Clerk: “I see you’re an OU fan?”

Me: “BOOMER!”

Clerk: “Boomer who?”

Me: Somewhat pissed—“Yes, I’m an OU fan.”

Clerk: Trying to change the subject—“Do you have a Cat?”

Me: “No! (Toying with the clerk)

Clerk: Looks puzzled—“But you have all of those bags of litter.”

Me: “It’s for us in case the water goes out.”

Clerk: (By now the clerk looks horrified) “ Oh”

Me: (Here is where I lose it and start to breakup). “ Well my wife was against it at first, but she is very environmentally concerned, so when I told her we could put the residual on the strawberries, she agreed.”

Clerk: Is laughing uncontrollably—

ME: As I get my bags to leave, I look at her and say: “ SOONER!”

MORALE: NEVER **** A SOONER FAN OFF DURING A HURRICANE!

fossil
9/11/2008, 03:01 PM
:confused: I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer, so you gotta help me understand what this means when you said, "so when I told her we could put the residual on the strawberries, she agreed.”

Hep me! 'Splain dat please.

OKLA21FAN
9/11/2008, 03:12 PM
Clerk: “Getting ready for the Hurricane?”

she is a smart one isn't she? :pop:

Hot Rod
9/11/2008, 03:32 PM
Well, that's when he should've played dumb and said "no, what hurricane?" just to mess with her.

OUDive, Hope you guys stay safe.

tfoolry
9/11/2008, 03:48 PM
:confused: I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer, so you gotta help me understand what this means when you said, "so when I told her we could put the residual on the strawberries, she agreed.”

Hep me! 'Splain dat please.

Well, my girlfriend always throws some chopped strawberries in the john after I unload a really foul dump. The strawberries neutralize the odor. Not sure if that has anything to do with the discussion or not.

BoomerJack
9/11/2008, 04:39 PM
Well, my girlfriend always throws some chopped strawberries in the john after I unload a really foul dump. The strawberries neutralize the odor. Not sure if that has anything to do with the discussion or not.

I don't care how foul it is, that's a waste of strawberries.

Hot Rod
9/11/2008, 05:00 PM
I'd have to agree that strawberries aren't made for the terlet.

swardboy
9/12/2008, 11:04 AM
Dang...NWS is saying to anyone who stays "Certain Death"

CK Sooner
9/12/2008, 11:06 AM
Dang...NWS is saying to anyone who stays "Certain Death"

That is SCARY.

josh09
9/12/2008, 03:35 PM
I live in Houston too. Ha im mainly just praying we keep power long enough to see the game.

batonrougesooner
9/12/2008, 05:13 PM

You ought to try just flushing the toilet. That usually works.

illinisooner
9/12/2008, 05:18 PM
she is a smart one isn't she? :pop:

Here's your sign.

hornswaggled
9/12/2008, 05:20 PM
I'm hoping the power stays on and the rain is not too heavy for the satellite feed to break through.

golden85
9/13/2008, 09:24 PM
Appreicate eveyone's prayers. I live in Sugar Land, TX and I was never so scared in my life. I have been thru many tornados. Electricity went out around midnight and the wind howled. According to news reports, we had wind gusts up to 70-75mph. I only lost a few shingles. I considerable myself very lucky. I got my power on in time to watch the *** Kicking in Seattle.